Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,098 members, 7,835,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos (41193 Views)

Pope John Paul Visited Abacha And His Family In Nigeria In 1998 (Throwback) / Dele Momodu: I Was On The Run From Abacha And Was Granted Asylum In London / Donald Duke: “Ministers Knelt For Abacha And Sang His Praises” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Sleekfingers: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2023
Rich4god:
When the world was without stereotypes and sentiments.
If na now, music for don dey para why that lady is kneeling before the pope

The world was without stereotypes in 1998?
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by rhames(m): 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Nigeria Stories

I think it's about time that out religious leaders do a background check of Nigerian politicians before paying them visits because the Late head of state, general sanni abacha is the biggest thief in Nigeria political history.

General Abacha died shortly after this visit
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by sylve11: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
[quote author=emmabest2000 post=127275780][/quote]

😆 cool
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by SURElee(f): 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2023
So?
It still didn't stop Abacha from looting the nations resources and stashing them away in Swiss banks.
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Decent09(m): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Nigeria Stories

I think it's about time that out religious leaders do a background check of Nigerian politicians before paying them visits because the Late head of state, general sanni abacha is the biggest thief in Nigeria political history.

Abacha is in the corridor of power since 70's, so compare his thievery style with Obasanjo and Babangida's own, the mistake that Abacha did was dying in uniform and in Villa.

1 Like

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Lanre1st(m): 2:37pm On Dec 02, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Every typical Nigerian is a potential criminal be it past and present politician tongue

So, pope is also in the game. Power!
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by skyp(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2023
[quote author=PrinceOfLagos post=127275430]
Nigeria Stories

I think it's about time that out religious leaders do a background check of Nigerian politicians before paying them visits because the Late ead of state, General Sanni Abacha is the biggest thief in Nigeria's political history.[/quot]

Not true at all. The present ones are far worse and again who are you comparing Abacha with? Do you have an idea of what Babangida looted? Go find out before you conclude
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Labadi69: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Nigeria Stories

You are assuming that the so called religious leaders are clean. Ba? undecided

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Global2000: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2023
Like one Nigeria police man told me, everytime we talk of problem .we no dey talk about solution. We all have one common problem. Let's look for the solution. We are the majority. Nobody will do this for us.

onomeabuja

post=127275787:

So
Did it stop the Abacha from looting the national treasury
We like celebrating mediocrity & criminality undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by funshint(m): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2023
Despite begging him to release Abiola; all fell on deaf hears. Pharaoh!
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Hydroxide(m): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2023
No be small money Abacha go pay the pope for this visit.
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by bizzibodi(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2023
One good thing about Abacha b say he no carry dia religion for head,if he is still alive Boko Haram,killer herdmen will not exist.

3 Likes

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by HAD3S(m): 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2023
I wouldn't blame a child like you. I bet you were still a toddler when Gen. Sani Abacha was the head of state.
KnownUnknown:

Lmao. All the money he was “saving for raining days”. Boy, you are insane.
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Caseless: 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Nigeria Stories

Shut up! How's Abacha the biggest thief? Everything he ever saved to pay them of after the sanctions was rejected and they were saved in their economy, since he's not their stooge and was having problem with the west, they tag everything with "abacha's loot" and you people believe them.
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Caseless: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
HAD3S:
I wouldn't blame a child like you. I bet you were still a toddler when Gen. Sani Abacha was the head of state.
They don't know anything. None of those funds were in his name.

The west really dealt with Abacha. They killed him and tagged him poisoned apple fed to him by prostitute.

1 Like

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by KnownUnknown: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
HAD3S:

Lol, “adults” are the major reason why the country is upside down.

1 Like

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by blackboy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
Ibkhaleel001:
The gay and homo pope is a million times worst than any Nigerian Leader.... shameless Nigeria xtians opening their gutter mouth here
If someone talks of your religious leader like that will you not be calling for his head? Let me tell you something. There was a singer big time who was famous and rich. She tore the picture of the pope and said all sorts. Thereafter she lived a miserable life till she died. Suffer after suffer. The Catholics did not go after her to kill her. Mind who you insult. Were you his gay partner? If no, shut up. The pope is the leader of not only the Catholic church but Vatican, a country in Europe. How is Nigeria under your present and past leader. The Vatican is very okay though small. So how can the pope be worst ( when I read worst, I understood your background and person. Sorry) that your darling leader or leaders? Kwontinue Mr worst
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Sniper101(m): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2023
This was at the time when Nigerian leaders had worth and recognition in the international community

1 Like

Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by DeOTR: 7:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Nigeria Stories

A A-ha 's fate was sealed when he refused to yield to the Pope's requests almost 3 months after his visit.
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by TOMMYS: 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see the current pope visiting Tinubu, I see agbado urchins celebrating his visit all over Nigeria, I see them adding it to Tinubu's accomplishment.

This I have seen.

Omo if pope visit Tinubu. Agbado don travel be that. You no see say after pope visit abacha. Abacha travel?
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by ogbonti: 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2023
dotuntayo:
The visit is for him to negotiate on the political prisoners jailed across the country then.

and Abacha died less than 3 months later - because the POPE killed him with prayers spiritually!
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Coolgent(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2023
Rest in peace Sir
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by MrALIVE: 1:52am On Dec 03, 2023
Ibkhaleel001:
The gay and homo pope is a million times worst than any Nigerian Leader.... shameless Nigeria xtians opening their gutter mouth here
you know why Christianity is far better than whatever religion you practice

It's because you would have gone to the street killing and destroying people's property had it been christians called your so called religion shameless* as you have used above.
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by Freebills12: 6:02am On Dec 03, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
PrinceOfLagos:

Nigeria Stories

As an investigative journalist which you claimed to be, are you not aware the purpose of Pope's visit to villa? Was it not for the release of Obasnjo, Abiola etc.? People should respect their selves !
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by holyfather(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Nigeria Stories

If you call him the biggest thief in history, what would you call buhari and his goons?

Whatever we have going on in aso rock today eventually turns out to be the biggest thievery in Nigerian political history.
Because they're both intentional and blatant about it
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by SunnDash(m): 2:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
Meln dat pope cash out.
Abacha for show, miniless visit.
Re: Pope John Paul II Visited Abacha And His Family In Abuja In 1998 - Photos by justmondris: 2:50pm On Dec 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Abacha, the Brutal Dictator!😏

But still Better than the INCOMPETENT Druggie Man we have in Aso Rock today! 🤨🤨🙂

He his better than most of the presidents that have been produced by democracy in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A 5-Mile Island Built to Save Lagos’s Economy Has a Fatal Design Flaw / 25yrs Old Ubulu-uku King Returns Home After Years Studying Abroad / Osinbajo Welcomes The 21 Released Chibok Girls (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.