Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,694 members, 7,837,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Am I Loosing This One Too? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Loosing This One Too? (1120 Views)

Help I'm Loosing My Mind / My Brother Is In Pain After Loosing Wife And Four Childrens / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Loosing This One Too? by Janeola: 12:36am On Dec 04, 2023
I was married for 10 years, lost the marriage some 7 years ago. The marriage was blessed with two children. My wife left and married a family friend the very next month she divorced me and changed the name of the kids to her new husband's name . I cried and cried but was helpless as I don't have what it takes to fight back. I remarried after 5 years and 2 years down the lane it's looking like this one too might not work. The marriage is blessed with a son. He will be one year old in few days. Am I going to loose this my son again. Please help me. What do I do. I am doing my best in the marriages both the failed one and this one but it seems I am not just good with good women. If I divorce now . Can I be given custody of a year old boy ? I can't sleep. I have crying, I can't sleep. Please help me. What can I do
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Dec 04, 2023
Janeola:
■ I was married for 10 years, lost the marriage some 7 years ago. The marriage was blessed with two children. My wife left and married a family friend the very next month she divorced me and changed the name of the kids to her new husband's name. I cried and cried but was helpless as I don't have what it takes to fight back. I remarried after 5 years and 2 years down the lane it's looking like this one too might not work. The marriage is blessed with a son. He will be one year old in few days. Am I going to loose this my son again.
■ Please help me. What do I do. I am doing my best in the marriages both the failed one and this one but it seems I am not just good with good women. If I divorce now . Can I be given custody of a year old boy ? I can't sleep. I have crying, I can't sleep. Please help me. What can I do
Why exactly did you completely lose custody of your kids from your first marriage? Your wife changing the name of the kids means you are not even acknowledged as their father at all. Divorce does not give anyone that right. So answer that question and that may help answer your current question as to whether you are also going to lose custody of your son if you and your wife were to go your separate ways. undecided

2. The word "best" is relative though. What you think is best may not necessarily be considered best by the other person involved in the marriage so you need to be in continuous communication with your partner about these things for a marriage to work. So, how is communication between you and your spouse? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by BabbanBura(m): 4:52am On Dec 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Why exactly did you completely lose custody of your kids from your first marriage? Your wife changing the name of the kids means you are not even acknowledged as their father at all. Divorce does not give anyone that right. So answer that question and that may help answer your current question as to whether you are also going to lose custody of your son if you and your wife were to go your separate ways. undecided

2. The word "best" is relative though. What you think is best may not necessarily be considered best by the other person involved in the marriage so you need to be in continuous communication with your partner about these things for a marriage to work. So, how is communication between you and your spouse? undecided

Great comments!

Op, except if you didn't pay dowry on your first marriage in an Igbo culture, no one can take your kids and change their names, no one!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Intergrated: 6:34am On Dec 04, 2023
What did in just read. A woman changed your childrens name and you are alive. Op abeg send me your number.abeg
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by duduade: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2023
E go better
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by MrBroke(m): 7:53am On Dec 04, 2023
All I can say is "you not man enough"
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by We4all: 7:56am On Dec 04, 2023
You sound like a weak man. I also feel you are not saying the whole truth.
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Depriest2020: 8:12am On Dec 04, 2023
Did you really pay the bride price/dowry? Or na Abuja marriage you did?
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by jesmond3945: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2023
Janeola:
I was married for 10 years, lost the marriage some 7 years ago. The marriage was blessed with two children. My wife left and married a family friend the very next month she divorced me and changed the name of the kids to her new husband's name . I cried and cried but was helpless as I don't have what it takes to fight back. I remarried after 5 years and 2 years down the lane it's looking like this one too might not work. The marriage is blessed with a son. He will be one year old in few days. Am I going to loose this my son again. Please help me. What do I do. I am doing my best in the marriages both the failed one and this one but it seems I am not just good with good women. If I divorce now . Can I be given custody of a year old boy ? I can't sleep. I have crying, I can't sleep. Please help me. What can I do
their are 2 sides to a story. Probably your wives have to give the reason why they divorced you.
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by OlawaleBammie: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Don't mind OP
It's either

1. OP is a fuul, creating fiction thread.
1. OP is not the biological father of those children and he knew room the beginning..OP can not perform, the marriage was just an arrangement marriage, rhe family friend was the owner if the marriage and the children.

Because if not so, how can u tell me ur wife divorce you and changed the surname of ur children while u re still alive??

Mu² OP think everybody is as fuulish as h!m
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Jennyclay(f): 9:33am On Dec 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:

@bolded, of course he won’t answer the question.

The truth is, most these men are so poor that they can’t even take good care of themselves not to talk of their wife and children… and they would still be expecting true love from their wife undecided. Shior!!

He most have deceived his wife into marriage, only for the wife to find out that he has nothing to offer then she peacefully leave with her children in order not to cheat on him.

Nobody wants to settle down for less my dear!!
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by ahnie: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
Intergrated:
What did in just read. A woman changed your childrens name and you are alive. Op abeg send me your number.abeg
He nor pay DOWRY....Don't you gerrit.
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Acidosis(m): 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
BabbanBura:

Great comments!

Op, except if you didn't pay dowry on your first marriage in an Igbo culture, no one can take your kids and change their names, no one!

There is nothing like Igbo culture in this matter. Whether there's a dowry or not, when he is ready to have his children, he will get them.

DNA, not dowry or Igbo culture, is the only way to prove paternity.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Acidosis(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2023
Depriest2020:
Did you really pay the bride price/dowry? Or na Abuja marriage you did?

There is no such thing as dowry in statutory marriage.

1 Like

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by ecolime(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2023
Janeola:
My wife left and married a family friend the very next month she divorced me and changed the name of the kids to her new husband's name . I cried and cried but was helpless as I don't have what it takes to fight back. I

A woman took your kids away just like that and changed their surname. I just have to believe that family friend she married is their real father and not you.

If truly you are their father, then Will Smith no SIMP reach you. You should still be crying till now. Spits undecided
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by ahnie: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2023
You don dey misyarn lately Acidosis
Acidosis:

There is nothing like Igbo culture in this matter. Whether there's a dowry or not, when he is ready to have his children, he will get them.

In Igbo culture,if a woman birth kids for you and you haven't paid her dowry those kids belongs to her father.

And if she marries another man who paid her dowry,the kids belongs to her new husband.

Stop trying to sound enlightened about cultures n tradition.

1 Like

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Intergrated: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:

He nor pay DOWRY....Don't you gerrit.
how them take dey marry without dowry? . To the extent she carry am go court. I thought you do traditional and registry or church and traditional?
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by ahnie: 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
Intergrated:
how them take dey marry without dowry? . To the extent she carry am go court. I thought you do traditional and registry or church and traditional?
I like to think he meant welfare....not court!
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2023
Intergrated:
She carry who go court? No court will allow a woman deprive a man of children that are his. It doesn't matter whether he paid dowry or not, legally, children born in a marriage belong to both husband and wife unless the children are not biologically the man's. undecided

So, let's not pretend we know the story more than OP abeg! undecided
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by ahnie: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
Intergrated:

By him citing divorce...e nor necessary mean say she carry ham go court go divorce.
Getting divorced by the court involved so many herculean procedures.

Oga....with my full chest,I can authoritatively tell you that he was co-habiting with the first lady that bore him those kids.

This thing dey easy to figure out without stressing our switchbox nau.

If the lady happens to be an Igbo lady and he didn't pay her dowry before she ran away to marry her new husband who probably paid her dowry....this man cannot lay claims to the kids again because they now belongs to her new husband,and there's nothing he can do.

Tradition is tradition.
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Acidosis(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:
You don dey misyarn lately Acidosis
In Igbo culture,if a woman birth kids for you and you haven't paid her dowry those kids belongs to her father.

And if she marries another man who paid her dowry,the kids belongs to her new husband.

Stop trying to sound enlightened about cultures n tradition.

Stop quoting Igbo culture. Not everyone here lives in Anambra or Owerri. Marriage or no marriage, if you run away with my kids, I will serve you court papers from Lagos state where you would be asked to prove the paternity with DNA results. As for the new man, he should get ready to be arrested because that's clearly a case of kidnapping/theft.

The only issue here is power play. I like to believe the lady left him for a powerful/rich politician.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Acidosis(m): 3:56pm On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:

If the lady happens to be an Igbo lady and he didn't pay her dowry before she ran away to marry her new husband who probably paid her dowry....this man cannot lay claims to the kids again because they now belongs to her new husband,and there's nothing he can do.

Tradition is tradition.

Dey play.
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by ahnie: 3:57pm On Dec 04, 2023
I want to believe your acct has bn HACKED.
Acidosis:

Stop quoting Igbo culture. Not everyone here lives in Anambra or Owerri. Marriage or no marriage, if you run away with my kids, I will serve you court papers from Lagos state where you would be asked to prove the paternity with DNA results. As for the new man, he should get ready to be arrested because that's clearly a case of kidnapping/theft.
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Acidosis(m): 4:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:
I want to believe your acct has bn HACKED.

You don't have to believe anything yet. Just try and convince the op to provide details here. As long as he is ready to relocate to Lagos state, he will gain full access to his kids in max. 3 months.
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by ahnie: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
Acidosis:

Dey play.
You never jam tradition Mr Acidosis.

Let me cite another example wey go burst your head.
If a man dies and the widowed wife gets into another relationship with another,then births kids for the man without him paying her bride price the kid(s) also belongs to the late husband.

Until the man pays her bride price only then will he lay claims to the child.

And if the woman eventually passed without him paying her bride price...the child is gone forever and will be counted as the child of the late husband.

Dey play!!
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Acidosis(m): 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:

You never jam tradition Mr Acidosis.

Let me cite another example wey go burst your head.
If a man dies and the widowed wife gets into another relationship with another,then births kids for the man without him paying her bride price the kid(s) also belongs to the late husband.

Until the man pays her bride price only then will he lay claims to the child.

And if the woman eventually passed without him paying her bride price...the child is gone forever and will be counted as the child of the late husband.
Dey play!!

Yeah, this thing can happen when the child in the picture is genetically dum.b.

To lay claims over a child you didn't birth biologically, you have to go through the legal route (e.g., adoption, etc.). Anything outside this scope is a complete waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Intergrated: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
ahnie:

By him citing divorce...e nor necessary mean say she carry ham go court go divorce.
Getting divorced by the court involved so many herculean procedures.

Oga....with my full chest,I can authoritatively tell you that he was co-habiting with the first lady that bore him those kids.

This thing dey easy to figure out without stressing our switchbox nau.

Tradition is tradition.

funny tradition. Deep down the new husband no say no be him born them.

1 Like

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Think9ja(m): 8:14pm On Dec 04, 2023
Who is this weak man?
You're crying, as per say person die or what?

God never create woman weh go temper with my seed

If I impregnate you and you don't want to keep it, better abort it without letting me know. Cos if I do know, you're keeping that baby whether I'm going to marry you or not. If you try anything funny, oloun I'm going spiritual.

Are you talking about someone you legally married here or some wajoko settings?

Your mum and dad will be disappointed seeing what a weak man you have become

I wish you well sha

2 Likes

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Olarewaju89: 11:37am On Dec 06, 2023
Acidosis:

I am with you 💯

2 Likes

Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Lance008(m): 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2023
BabbanBura:

Great comments!

Me too tire
How can you lose your child
I guess you are jobless if not dem no go Dey threat u this way
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Lance008(m): 1:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
Bro relax and play ur little part no short ur age because of Watin don happen
At the end the children must find their real father
Re: Am I Loosing This One Too? by Janeola: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2023
Thanks for your kind words
Kobojunkie:

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Your Wife And Friend Betray You / Job Opening @quarmby Construction Company UK / He Does Not Want Her To Help Her People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.