Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. (24149 Views)

Breakdown Of $3.65 Billion Abacha's Recovered Loot And Their Sources / Tinubu: A Man Who Can't Hold Paper Has Won APC Primaries - Deji Adeyanju / I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Patriotsleague: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2023
Nonsense, profiling is not allowed by law... politicians are our problem. Let the citizens breathe.

The political office holders, spending the common wealth recklessly should be looked into.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Emmanuel30a: 11:47am On Dec 04, 2023
aAK1:
The mother of all uprising against the police is about to happen and it won’t end well. They will abuse this till their cup is full. Can you imagine Nigerian police interrogating you on the street to know what you do for a living etc and it’s legal. This sick bastards are robbing and extorting people already. How will it be when that starts
It would b good 4 interrogation...isn't it good 4 irrigations, fumigations, migrations&immigrations...? It would be good when it starts... Don't preach JESUS CHRIST 4 ALL NATIONS/2 ALL NATIONS... Arrest everybody or anyone,etc: dat are preaching GOD&THE LORD JESUS CHRIST...AS D LORD, GOD&PERSONAL SAVIOUR... GOD&grin LORD JESUS ARE FOR ALL NATIONS,RELATIONS,CORRELATIONS,ETC; dat NEEDS SALVATION, NOT dat WANTS SALVATION&THAT WANTS SALVATION-NOT THAT NEEDS SALVATION... Dey ARE CONSTITUTING NUISANCE... Dey DON'T HAVE REPENTANCE... Dey ARE LOOKING 4 WORLDLY INHERITANCE, NOT GODLY INHERITANCE... GO 2 FRANCE, u won't&can't near dia entrance
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by spiSeyi: 11:47am On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:
Let's start with tinubu

I challenge anyone name one Tinubu business or company he had as at 1999 worth 50 million and win 100k ... I dare anyone
You must be part of the indomie generation, firstly PBAT was a Senator before 1999 grin, and mind you he worked as an auditor general in a multinational oil company (Exon mobile) and he had an auditing firm after he left Exon mobile before becoming a full time poltician, are you telling me that someone of that calibre can't afford 50M an ordinary bank MD will easily boast of that. Did you know BAT was the major distributor of pulp papers used in printing newspaper Nigeria b4 1999 and one of his customers was Concord (MKO's newspaper company). BAT might not be a saint but saying that he can't boast of 50M in the early 90's is absurd. Now tell us how Peter Obi got his money b4 Gen. Sani Abacha made him the chairman of NPA undecided
I am not even expecting you to gift anybody 100k because you are a chest beater undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by IjebuWarrior: 11:48am On Dec 04, 2023
Earlystar698:
What about those that can't explain their source of poverty

Of course, the source of poverty in Nigeria is Politicians and their corruption.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by itsene: 11:48am On Dec 04, 2023
freemanq:
Many will claim it's bet9ja , sportingbet, or betking. Case closed
Still has to be declared as income and taxes paid.
Actually the betting outfit is supposed to withhold some amount as pending tax.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by jayAjoku(m): 11:49am On Dec 04, 2023
Hope our politicians are not Lebanese
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Patriotsleague: 11:50am On Dec 04, 2023
OfoIgbo:
People trying to steal Peter Obi's principles.

Anyway they have to start with Tinubu. Let Tinubu explain his source of wealth over the past 40 years
So Peter Obi suggested this apartheid, slavery principles, in a free country...
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Emmanuel30a: 11:50am On Dec 04, 2023
Those preaching repentance, etc; are looking at/for&after your fiance&finance... They don't have GODLY INHERITANCE... ONLY worldly inheritance... REPENTANCE IS GODLY INHERITANCE... You know what it means...? I knows&do knows... France would not lets you preaches repentance, etc; to their fiance... They won't let you near there entrance or entrances... Don't snatch their fiance&finances or there fiance finances, etc; that is in binance or on binance...
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 11:51am On Dec 04, 2023
erico2k2:

Bro Self-assessment has nothing to do with any %, I think you need to go and read about taxation then come back to this argument for it to make any sense to you. If you do not make any profit in a year, does not need to pay that tax, but corporate tax which is fixed. AKA Business rate in Nigeria.

Sir, you are mixing it up. This Convo. Perhaps if you go back to the Point you mentioned me, it would be better.

Then, you will understand why I wrote what I did.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by FreeStuffsNG: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

SaharaReporters
It is actually in our national aws that forbid unexplained wealth, even Yoruba customary laws and proverbs. Once you don't have a known source of wealth that is verifiable then you are not respected and regarded as Omoluabi
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2023
spiSeyi:

You must be part of the indomie generation, firstly PBAT was a Senator before 1999 grin, and mind you he worked as an auditor general in a multinational oil company (Exon mobile) and he had an auditing firm after he left Exon mobile before becoming a full time poltician, are you telling me that someone of that calibre can't afford 50M an ordinary bank MD will easily boast of that. Did you know BAT was the major distributor of pulp papers used in printing newspaper Nigeria b4 1999 and one of his customers was Concord (MKO's newspaper company). BAT might not be a saint but saying that he can't boast of 50M in the early 90's is absurd. Now tell us how Peter Obi got his money b4 Gen. Sani Abacha made him the chairman of NPA undecided
I am not even expecting you to gift anybody 100k because you are a chest beater undecided
Auditor oga mere Auditor you dash am auditor generals

Obi family owns next international Nigeria highest distribution company oga go and ask
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 11:54am On Dec 04, 2023
Gboom:

Your daftness is second to none. You think he contested for governor without being a rich man as at that time.
If you want to know his businesses go to CAC and ask instead of displaying ignorance here

You children of hate you are easy to recognize.
Name one business leave grammar
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 11:54am On Dec 04, 2023
djseanjohn77:

Did Tinubu steal anything from your ancestors? Has he ever governed your ancestors before? What obsession do you have with him? Are you done naming your State's political thieves that stole your future? Have you asked the same question from your past governors? Answer this question and you'll get 100K.
Name one company leave plenty talk
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 11:55am On Dec 04, 2023
drlateef:

Go and read his family history. His father was a poor shoemaker. He made money from drug business to start the brewery factory. His father hod killed by his fellow drug dealers.
Obi has never owned a brewery business never
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by MEEVEET: 11:55am On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Lol

He was Never "A mere Auditor".

Check his Profile while he was with Mobil. #50m would have been chicken feed to him by 1999.
Oga he was auditor in mobile lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Elxandre(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2023
Christistruth00:

1999 is 24 years ago
Many Businesses including Facebook Google were built after then

So which N50Million business did Peter Obi have then just so we know that hypocrisy is not at play
Remove the Christ in your name and stop disgracing Christians.
Tinubu that has always denied any business linked to him. Till now, he hasn't associated with any known business, yet he owns a private jet.
He said he made his first million dollars from deloitte but investigations revealed it's impossible with his rank then.
You people are clowns in this country.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by jaxxy(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2023
Makes perfect sense however this should apply to everyone nit just vulnerable youths who u have destroyed the country for and left them hopeless.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Gboom: 11:57am On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

Name one business leave grammar
Go to CAC and ask and stop this your stupidity
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Elxandre(m): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

He owns Alpha Beta. A Tax Consulting Firm.

Just 5% Brokerage on whatever he Collects for Lagos State will beat the figure you put up.

Never mind your 100k and I am no Fan of him.

Cheers.
He has denied owning the same Alpha Beta.
Tinubu has never claimed any business linked to him, yet he owns a private jet.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2023
Elxandre:

He has denied owning the same Alpha Beta.
Tinubu has never claimed any business linked to him, yet he owns a private jet.

Of course they all deny sometimes for Political exigencies.

Every one knows he owns it.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by nedu666: 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
spiSeyi:

Fake news master. In which country did abacha appoint obi as npa chairman
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Elxandre(m): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Of course they all deny sometimes for Political exigencies.

Every one knows he owns it.
Which means it's all speculative?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

Oga he was auditor in mobile lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You know who/what an Executive is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by spiSeyi: 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:

Auditor oga mere Auditor you dash am auditor generals

Obi family owns next international Nigeria highest distribution company oga go and ask
Tell us the name of the company, I challenge again who was Obi before he was introduced to Abacha for NPA chairman. Abacha loot history and atrocity with NPA is not complete without the likes of PO that served as his looting conduit undecided . When the likes of BAT was in NADECO claomuring for Democracy Obi was licking Abacha hairy balls. undecided
Go and fact check all I wrote PBAT was a millionaire in the early 90s, PBAT was one of MKO's close Alies cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by XAUBulls: 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

SaharaReporters
The Delta State Police Command has said that Nigerians with suspicious sources of wealth, who cannot lay claim to any justifiable means of income, can be investigated and charged to court.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Bright Edafe, stated this, adding that the police are allowed to arrest individuals who could not justify their sources of income and to charge them to court.

Edafe in a post on his social media handle on Sunday said it was a sad trend that people felt it was wrong to question what he called the "suspicious wealth" of Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Caseywilliams(m): 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
All of una dey mad
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by erico2k2(m): 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Sir, you are mixing it up. This Convo. Perhaps if you go back to the Point you mentioned me, it would be better.

Then, you will understand why I wrote what I did.
We started with someone who earns no income i n Nigeria but yet well todo,
I will use myself as an Example, I don't work or earn in Nigeria, but I do not do Biz but work for an organization. People who are on PAYE do not require self-assessment done and we are taxed according to our tax codes, which won't make sense to any Nigerian in Nigeria s we do not have a tax code.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Integrafamoo: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

SaharaReporters
Start with Tinubu and his bullion vans
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by erico2k2(m): 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2023
XAUBulls:

The Delta State Police Command has said that Nigerians with suspicious sources of wealth, who cannot lay claim to any justifiable means of income, can be investigated and charged to court.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Bright Edafe, stated this, adding that the police are allowed to arrest individuals who could not justify their sources of income and to charge them to court.

Edafe in a post on his social media handle on Sunday said it was a sad trend that people felt it was wrong to question what he called the "suspicious wealth" of Nigerians.
Under what law though? charge as i n?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by XAUBulls: 12:07pm On Dec 04, 2023
spiSeyi:

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
Elxandre:

Which means it's all speculative?

It is not Speculative.

Tinubu owns Alpha Beta.

Perhaps he has transferred his equity to some people or do any of the Abracadabra the Elites do is open to conjectures.

One thing is clear. At a Point in time. He owns that Entity.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Elxandre(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2023
spiSeyi:

Tell us the name of the company, I challenge again who was Obi before he was introduced to Abacha for NPA chairman. Abacha loot history and atrocity with NPA is not complete without the likes of PO that served as his looting conduit undecided . When the likes of BAT was in NADECO claomuring for Democracy Obi was licking Abacha hairy balls. undecided
Go and fact check all I wrote PBAT was a millionaire in the early 90s, PBAT was one of MKO's close Alies cool
And you think pauper businessmen get introduced to presidents.
This is why I don't bother engaging on Nairaland. πŸ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Offem Uket: EFCC Sacks Prosecutor Accused Of Taking Bribe From Olanipekun, Adoke / Orubebe Appears In Court Over Money Laundering Allegations / President Buhari Breaks Ramadan Fast With Some State Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.