Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. (24153 Views)

Breakdown Of $3.65 Billion Abacha's Recovered Loot And Their Sources / Tinubu: A Man Who Can't Hold Paper Has Won APC Primaries - Deji Adeyanju / I Was First To Prove Onnoghen Has Money He Can't Explain- Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Kevineleven(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2023
65% of Delta youths are into Yahoo Yahoo and online dating scam.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by erico2k2(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

SaharaReporters
I never knew this man was this daft, very daft,He is now creating his own constitutions and laws, when he was meant to be the enforcer of the damn law. It is up to the police force to prove the wealth was gotten fru criminality not the other way round.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Straighttime: 11:09am On Dec 04, 2023
Start with retired police officers
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Ladykora: 11:09am On Dec 04, 2023
RonuThings:
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Let's Start with Politicians First ๐Ÿ™„

Otherwise, Dead on Arrival ๐Ÿฅฑ
noted
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by ariesbull: 11:09am On Dec 04, 2023
Start from the head
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by adecz: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2023
Start from the multitrillionaire in
Also Rock with no visible source of
income but is a ๐Ÿ’ฒ multibillionaireโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ๐Ÿ˜
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by forgiveness: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2023
NBAjunior:

You must be mad na why you no go ever make am for your life

Make am? I tell you I never make am? grin

You bi one of those?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by erico2k2(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Exactly.

The Tax Returns.

Someone put up a #300m mansion up in 6 months, drives Fleet of Cars but his/her Tax Returns in Personal Income over a period of 3-4 years is less than #250k.
and if he is not meant to pay tax in the country?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by wizelink(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2023
Good initiative, however, it will be good to lead by example. Please start first on your IG, high ranking police officers, and all police officers wet dey collect money from motorist. Also other uniformed men and women. Secondly, all politicians and high placed business men and women. Thirdly, the so called celebrities. The traditional and religious leaders then the poor masses.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by rayopt(m): 11:13am On Dec 04, 2023
NBAjunior:

I know you must be Yoruba must you be tribalist like guy why?

Read my post slowly and read your reply slowly with your brain intact. Now, rest for five minutes and start the process again. Breathe. Then, show me where the word 'tribalist' was used in both post. After that, drop ur account number make I find you something for little mind work.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by SmartyPants(m): 11:17am On Dec 04, 2023
sterlingD:

l was going to ask is it not the work of EFCC ( correct me if l am wrong)

Definitely this is the domain of the efcc. They have the tools to actually investigate and charge appropriately. Any such arrest made by the police is a waste of time and a violation of the Constitution.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by aAK1(m): 11:17am On Dec 04, 2023
The mother of all uprising against the police is about to happen and it wonโ€™t end well. They will abuse this till their cup is full. Can you imagine Nigerian police interrogating you on the street to know what you do for a living etc and itโ€™s legal. This sick bastards are robbing and extorting people already. How will it be when that starts
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 11:19am On Dec 04, 2023
erico2k2:

and if he is not meant to pay tax in the country?

In that case, why would they still pay for Self Assessment in the first instance?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by oxygeng: 11:19am On Dec 04, 2023
ShangTsung000:
Poverty nko?
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Godstiger(m): 11:20am On Dec 04, 2023
What then shall be done to nigerians who can explain their source of poverty
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by oxygeng: 11:21am On Dec 04, 2023
they have bette rerstrict the nonsense to politicians and their cronnies, lets they set the country ablaze.
misplaced priorities.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

In that case, why would they still pay for Self Assessment in the first instance?

you only do self-assessment if you own your own business.If you work you do not do assesment or tax return you are in line with PAYE
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Blackscorpion1j: 11:25am On Dec 04, 2023
Investigating NIGERIANS for been Poor but will never investigate Us for been Poor...CLUELESS people
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Blitzking: 11:27am On Dec 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

SaharaReporters
Dey play give me 5 billion naira and I go present you detailed steps how I take get the money..
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by putin2: 11:28am On Dec 04, 2023
May amadioha kill you ,can your president explain the source of his money. Idiot
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by bigiyaro(m): 11:29am On Dec 04, 2023
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, pls start from Abuja. It's like the work don tire you.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Emmanuel30a: 11:30am On Dec 04, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

SaharaReporters
Don't ask them to explain... They would/can also&always complain... They would say they are not a chaplain&can never be plain let alone talk plain plain... They just know plane&aeroplane, they just knows how to buy plane&aeroplane... It is not their plane&aeroplane...Let alone their heir planes... Put them in/inside/with plane&aeroplane...and let them be chained with those planes&aeroplanes that they don't know it lanes...let alone anes,canes&acnes... They just knows how to take planes&aeroplanes, etc: from spain to ukraines...
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Lukuluku69(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2023
erico2k2:

you only do self-assessment if you own your own business.If you work you do not do assesment or tax return you are in line with PAYE

And Self Assessment is what % of your Income as a Business person?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by ambale(m): 11:32am On Dec 04, 2023
Has the useless police institution purged itself of corruption first

Many of your officers live large on low salaries but na boys u want to dey carry upandan.

Very funny and useless at the same time.

With the country is right now, if these policy should be followed to the letter, hardly na him you go see anyone wet go remain with car๐Ÿ˜„

But we know say na yahoo boys be the target sha
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by itsene: 11:35am On Dec 04, 2023
Godstiger:
What then shall be done to nigerians who can explain their source of poverty

Nothing, as long as all state and federal taxes are paid.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by WealthyNigerian: 11:36am On Dec 04, 2023
What if I make Millions from this unknown? What is this?! https://www.nairaland.com/7930580/friend-found-land-know-worth#127309813

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by viodemus: 11:37am On Dec 04, 2023
The whole of Nigeria is slowly becoming a full blown du^nce country.

So if someone goes to a street, one useless npf will just come and be asking a useless question. then another street, then another. As per Sars pro max.

Always looking for oppressive and suppressive ways in a society. tufiakwa. Laws are suppose to be fair and help ease the pains of economics or a society.

These kinds of cases, in a wise place, would have been, nass, ministry of finance, cbn, efcc, judges interpreting the law, and other things.

The SE needs to be bold in paying trained security forces, but banning unnecessary road blocks and unnecessary harassment.

Rubbish idea from the npf, no iota of creativity.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Opans: 11:39am On Dec 04, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Drug criminals will be very sad. They soon start attacking this policy. grin
but na Tinubu be drug lord

Abi u dey attack ur president ?
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by FrenchyL(m): 11:40am On Dec 04, 2023
Start with the politicians, charge them first and then you can bring this up.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Dec 04, 2023
Lukuluku69:

And Self Assessment is what % of your Income as a Business person?
Bro Self-assessment has nothing to do with any %, I think you need to go and read about taxation then come back to this argument for it to make any sense to you. If you do not make any profit in a year, does not need to pay that tax, but corporate tax which is fixed. AKA Business rate in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by djseanjohn77: 11:43am On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:
Let's start with tinubu

I challenge anyone name one Tinubu business or company he had as at 1999 worth 50 million and win 100k ... I dare anyone

Did Tinubu steal anything from your ancestors? Has he ever governed your ancestors before? What obsession do you have with him? Are you done naming your State's political thieves that stole your future? Have you asked the same question from your past governors? Answer this question and you'll get 100K.
Re: Nigerians Who Can't Explain Their Sources Of Wealth Would Be Arrested, Charged.. by Gboom: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2023
MEEVEET:
Let's start with tinubu

I challenge anyone name one Tinubu business or company he had as at 1999 worth 50 million and win 100k ... I dare anyone
Your daftness is second to none. You think he contested for governor without being a rich man as at that time.
If you want to know his businesses go to CAC and ask instead of displaying ignorance here

You children of hate you are easy to recognize.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

News Break :rivers State Civil Service Commission Chairman Shot Dead / Leah Sharibu Should Be Awarded A Nobel Prize - ECWA / Osinbajo Takes Selfie With Market Women And Children At Ikenne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.