Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Wife Travelling Without Consent ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Travelling Without Consent ? (23528 Views)

Re: UPDATE Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / Drama As Ex-wife Marries Off Daughter Without Father’s Consent / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by bukatyne(f): 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:
NB, I OPENED THIS ACCOUNT FOR THIS

Hello my friends, I need you different view and please I need your in put about my wife.
We live in the states. she is in kenya for a three weeks visit with the 2 kids. She has been in kenya for about 10 days, three days ago, she called me and said she will be attending her friend's marriage ceremonial, which is taking place 600km away she did not say if the person is a male or female ( I did not ask because I was just kind of not wanting to be drawn into the discussion), she said she may not be able to come back same day, because event is starting late that she will like my brother to come with her, because she does not want to go alone. This is the first time I am hearing about this occassion, she never mentioned it before and I do not know the friend she is talking about. (or at least I am sure, because I do not really know most of friends, and she is not the friend keeping type)
I just told her that I am not ready for the discussion yet.
Please guys what are your take, I do not feel like telling her to go ( well, she may still go without my consent )
Please it may sound stupid, I just need your genuine advice

@ bold:

Why?
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
Chicagoesontop:
Oga, the woman has told you out of respect she has for you, besides that, she also want to go with your own brother, so whats the fuss all about. This is festive period and activity galore, allow her to go with your brother and then squeeze out very other detailed information you need from your brother. If you dont trust your wife dont you trust your own brother also ?

Maybe he needs to distrust them both?

You know........shit like that happens att the time?
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by EvangelistChuks(m): 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
A woman according to the KINGDOM PRINCIPLES OR TRADITIONS has no right to attend a function not sanctioned by her husband.This is only obtainable in the fallen culture of the world system.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by efficiencie(m): 12:58pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

Hello my friends, I need you different view and please I need your in put about my wife.
We live in the states. she is in kenya for a three weeks visit with the 2 kids. She has been in kenya for about 10 days, three days ago, she called me and said she will be attending her friend's marriage ceremonial, which is taking place 600km away she did not say if the person is a male or female ( I did not ask because I was just kind of not wanting to be drawn into the discussion), she said she may not be able to come back same day, because event is starting late that she will like my brother to come with her, because she does not want to go alone. This is the first time I am hearing about this occassion, she never mentioned it before and I do not know the friend she is talking about. (or at least I am sure, because I do not really know most of friends, and she is not the friend keeping type)
Please guys what are your take, I do not feel like telling her to go ( well, she may still go without my consent )

For goodness sake, she is your wife not your unquestionable boss, right? Call her and ask her: (1) whose wedding is she attending? (2) Why is this wedding important for her to attend? (3) How is the person, whose wedding she want to attend, related to her? (4) Where is the exact location of the wedding? (5) What is/are the contact details of the celebrant she knows? (5) How long will she be staying at the location of the wedding? (6) Who is footing the hotel and feeding bills that she will incur if she stays at the venue of the wedding for more than a day? (7) Why did she pick your brother to accompany her and not someone else within her extended family? (cool Who is she leaving the kids with and can that person be trusted?

After getting answers to these questions make your decision regarding whether to support her attending the wedding or not. All of this information is not only relevant for accountability but also for security purposes. Remember that if harm comes to your kids or your wife as a result of your negligence or abdication of your role as a leader, you will be held accountable.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by efficiencie(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

For goodness sake, she is your wife not your unquestionable boss, right? Call her and ask her: (1) whose wedding is she attending? (2) Why is this wedding important for her to attend? (3) How is the person, whose wedding she want to attend, related to her? (4) Where is the exact location of the wedding? (5) What is/are the contact details of the celebrant she knows? (5) How long will she be staying at the location of the wedding? (6) Who is footing the hotel and feeding bills that she will incur if she stays at the venue of the wedding for more than a day? (7) Why did she pick your brother to accompany her and not someone else within her extended family? (8 ) Who is she leaving the kids with and can that person be trusted?

After getting answers to these questions make your decision regarding whether to support her attending the wedding or not. All of this information is not only relevant for accountability but also for security purposes. Remember that if harm comes to your kids or your wife as a result of your negligence or abdication of your role as a leader, you will be held accountable.
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by linearity: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
Na wa oh!

What are men turning into these day? Only God would help this generation of softball men of no-substance!

You mean you put your wife on-hold and ran to social media to sample ideas on what your response should be to her request of which you already have an inclination?

If your instinct is telling you not to allow her to go, be a man and the head of the family and tell not to go period! Don’t bother if she will obey you or not, that is for her to decide.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by bukatyne(f): 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
socialmediaman:

OP stop playing with your marriage!

Give your wife a call and ask her all the information you need. The person's gender, her relationship with the person (school mate, old friend etc), why the person invited a married woman alone to a wedding and not together with her husband, as a respectful individual should do. When this invitation was given and why you didn't know about it sooner etc.

I see that she requested your brother go with her. Even if you trust this arrangement and decide to grant this request, you still need to know exactly who this friend is, what her role in the occasion is (if any), the address and phone number of the friend, the venue of the wedding, emergency contact number etc, before asking your brother to go with her, and be with her the whole time

This is NOT unnecessary control, and even if it is control, it is GOOD control. It's for your family's protection.

@ bold:

Is this a joke? OP is in USA, wife is in Kenya, wedding is in Kenya. They should invite the husband from the US?

Besides, did the husband show up with his wife and they turned him back?

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by fx45(m): 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Maybe she wants to attend them now that she is back in Nigeria, so what exactly are you really afraid of? undecided

Did she make a pact that she would never attend social gatherings or what ? undecided
I thought the OP said Kenya... Or my eyes are paining me?
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by omooba969(m): 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

Yes, this actually sounds stupid bcoz I would expect that you trust your wife. You need to sort your insecurities as I really don't understand how you're able to love who you don't trust.

Some of you people have no business being in a relationship/marriage. cool
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by omooba969(m): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
linearity:
Na wa oh!

What are men turning into these day? Only God would help this generation of softball men of no-substance!

You mean you put your wife on-hold and ran to social media to sample ideas on what your response should be to her request of which you already have an inclination?

If your instinct is telling you not to allow her to go, be a man and the head of the family and tell not to go period! Don’t bother if she will obey you or not, that is for her to decide.

"That is for her to decide."

Word! 🙌
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by sevenseas(m): 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2023
OP, before I give you sound advice.

Can you answer below questions:

1. is your wife from Kenya? if Yes, what tribe?
2. Are you also a Kenyan?

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by MightySparrow: 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

Be calm. She asked your brother to go with her meaning the brother is representing you for protection. She may not have learned about the said wedding before leaving the US.

Give her your consent and allow your brother to follow her.
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by tranxo(m): 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

Do you trust your brother with your wife?

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Karlifate: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2023
ottersberger:

What if his brother is an accomplice?. Your worst enemies are usually in-house.

What if the OP is his bother's "worst enemy"

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Karlifate: 1:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
EvangelistChuks:
A woman according to the KINGDOM PRINCIPLES OR TRADITIONS has no right to attend a function not sanctioned by her husband.This is only obtainable in the fallen culture of the world system.

Then, you should pack your baggages & luggages to the "KINGDOM"

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by humilitypays(m): 1:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

Highest thing that will happen is they will fvck her, is that not so?

Whoever wants to fvck her cannot finish the whole thing na, besides she has already given birth for you so you shouldn't be so clingy on her like before. Stop worrying over nothing.

If she has made up her mind to fvck one guy she is admiring, there is nothing your worrying can do.

Free her and focus on other things undecided
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Ballmer: 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2023
Do not allow your brother go with her.
Let her go the trip alone since you can not stop her.

Reason - your brother can't monitor her the way you can. They won't sleep in the same room at night, if she intending cheating whoever she's cheating with can lodge in same hotel with them n she go meet him at 2 AM with your brother suspecting nothing.

If I was you I won't show any sign of anger n I won't even be offended by the trip but I will pay more attention to details before she leaves n after she returns.

When a woman wants to cheat there is little you can do just like when a man wants to so you have to pay attention to details to know if she's cheating or intends to.

Obolor123454:
NB, I OPENED

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by humilitypays(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
efficiencie:

For goodness sake, she is your wife not your unquestionable boss, right? Call her and ask her: (1) whose wedding is she attending? (2) Why is this wedding important for her to attend? (3) How is the person, whose wedding she want to attend, related to her? (4) Where is the exact location of the wedding? (5) What is/are the contact details of the celebrant she knows? (5) How long will she be staying at the location of the wedding? (6) Who is footing the hotel and feeding bills that she will incur if she stays at the venue of the wedding for more than a day? (7) Why did she pick your brother to accompany her and not someone else within her extended family? (cool Who is she leaving the kids with and can that person be trusted?

OP follow this advice if you are too scared they will fvck your wife at the wedding grin
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by saysoo: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2023
Na the yorubas sabi solve all these wahala. Just put Magun stick together and rest. But you too should not enter another arena.
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Ardeholar: 1:38pm On Dec 05, 2023
cococandy:
Would you require her consent before traveling yourself? If not, rest the matter

This sound like the dumbest thing I've read so far
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Kirisuto: 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
woginid967:

Men die from high blood pressure, pls calm down.
.i believe you're more mature than your wife, so dont let her phase you into frenzy or any agitated states.

Calmly accept what she has said.

Whenever she is in your physical space, hacck her phone 📱, get spy apps or even with her consent get location apps for every member of your family so you can know where they are exactly.

You can get a phone case tracker for her and install it without her knowledge and be able to know where she is even if doesn't inform you and you'll have peace.

Furthermore if you are doing these, they are free tutorials on YouTube.
Android or iOS apps that can be downloaded for it.

Never again worry about secrets when you can find out for yourself.

Thank me later.

🤣😂 The solutions you offered will even hasten the high blood pressure. Best to always assume they are guilty and be at peace than installing some apps to track them.
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

Bro if it sounds or looks like it then it is.
Don't mind those comments calling you trash.

I have a cousin bro who has through Facebook seduced a lot of married women with kids in their family. That was why I knew when women travel they find it easy to do that. Ofcourse she would tell you just in case you hear or get an hint. Trust me. Things happen.

If you don't like them don't allow it. It is better she goes against your will than with your will then have the liberty.

Your bro following her is inconsequential because he won't follow her anywhere other than sit and get fed then wait for her.

If she excuses herself and goes somewhere will your bro follow her.

See many women are easily lured after marriage than when unmarried.

Just know this.
Things happen
Better still wait for her to come back. Then act like you don't care. Give her a go ahead. Let her believe you have taken your mind of it.

When she sleeps time her phone and try to get her password.

Go through all sm handle.
Check for calls on that day incoming and outgoing.
Take down those numbers and call with a different number or so.

Don't lose guard.
Western culture allows women to cheat and go scot free freely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by edungene7: 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
Am certain you are afraid because of what you have been doing behind her chill your brother is your police except if your brother is like you

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Omoawoke2(m): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2023
Obolor123454:

Marriage this days is an attack agains men. See wetin western life don turn African men to.
Continue following western life and their marriage institution. Men can’t take charge of their family and leave the emotional women to act anyhow they like.
I blame you African people kneeling down to propose to woman
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by sonofthunder: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2023
cococandy:
Would you require her consent before traveling yourself? If not, rest the matter

Travelling 600km impromptu is not something that's an afterthought or that you might forget to bring up

2 Likes

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Mandela27: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2023
cococandy:
man and women can never be the same.

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by EvangelistChuks(m): 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2023
Karlifate:

Then, you should pack your baggages & luggages to the "KINGDOM"

my good friend ever ask yourself why the woke kingdom you are postulating or aspiring to be part of is not a prototype for relationships.
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by kapelvej: 2:21pm On Dec 05, 2023
ednut1:
Israel DMW is that you. You cant stop her from going so why all this long talks
grin grin grin
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by BreakingNews21: 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
bukatyne:

@ bold:

Is this a joke? OP is in USA, wife is in Kenya, wedding is in Kenya. They should invite the husband from the US?

BS Op write-up.
Op is in the US and his wife is over in E. Africa indefinitely with two pikens. God only knows if the brother lives in Kenya or will travel from Naija to Kenya and at who's expense? We got fooled by a NL Nollywood script again. 😁
Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
Broniach:
It's not a good thing to do
She fit go play away like that
If that was her intention, are you saying she couldn't have been playing away right where she was all that while. Na only when person travel another 600Km after leaving home, na then person fit play away? undecided

1 Like

Re: Wife Travelling Without Consent ? by socialmediaman: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
bukatyne:

@ bold:

Wedding invitations are sent weeks, even months in advance, so people can make plans. She’s just been in Kenya for 10 days. If she just learned about the wedding, then that doesn’t sound like a wedding she should be attending because the relationship is likely not a close one

Husband should know everything about that wedding and the organizers before giving her permission to go. It’s a man’s job to protect his family and he should do just that

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Our Attitude Towards Teenage Pregnancy / Are You Enjoying Your Marriage? / Love Potion: Native Doctor Dupes 70-year Old Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.