Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent (42302 Views)

My Sister Completed Her House Without Telling Any Of Us Including My Mum / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / My Husband Donated His Sperm For IVF Without My Consent -nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Kehindeaj78: 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Emarvel(m): 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
They're your parents, African parents don't like paying rentage.
Just make more money and hasten the maintenance of the house for them, afterall you're not coming back to the house to live forever.

This post made front page.......haha; FTC

446 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by FahBuLous: 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
Don't do anything...
They are your parents, if you really love them, let them live there for now... When you are back from outside the country, Rent another apartment for them...

I know people value their privacy alot...

166 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by descarado: 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
What do you want to do?

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by skyoboy(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
This sounds funny... I guess your parents were expecting you to build them a house first considering maybe they catered for you and sent you abroad with their last savings (This may not be true)...
Bro, I'd advise you move on and plan to build another house for your self but this time, DON'T INVOLVE THEM.
It won't be a healthy battle sending them out of the house...

395 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by SUCKCESSFUL: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
And so what?

188 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by thesicilian: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
Lol
After all the sufferings they've suffered and cutting their dreams short for my sake, I have come to develop this unquestionable belief that my parents can do no wrong.

You should even be happy that they used the money to build the house as you said self.

418 Likes 24 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Rubbiish(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kehindeaj78:
I live outside the country but I entrusted my house development with my parents in Nigeria, but they leave in a rented apartment. They're are due for new rent payment at their rented apartment which i sent them the money, only for them to call me that they don't want to rent another apartment again and have moved into my ongoing house and used the money to do somethings in the ongoinghouse. What do I do?
What do u mean by what do u do?
Do u want to chase them out of your house??

236 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by emae009(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
you didn't consider your parents while planning your new house??

if this story dey true sha because.............
to them they are not wrong though. Why pay rent when they can live for free while you save up heh rent money.
On the other hand, you're also not wrong, invasion of privacy

17 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Tokskob2008: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
You are not planning on chasing them out are you? They are your parents and I believe you lived with them till you were able to fend for yourself so all you have to do now is to sit them down and discuss better if you are not comfortable with the arrangement... I don't see anything bad in what they did except they were bad parents.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
And so what? are they not your parents? smh

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by samwash(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
You should be very proud of your parents.

64 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DWJOBScom(m): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
Treat it immediately

Let them know you intend staying in that house alone.

That they need to move back to their apartment or find another

noooooo

if you not married , you will need to marry and live with your wife alone without your parents (that shit is not funny at all)

if you are married , your family needs that privacy without a debate.

Please ask them to leave the house!

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Riverville(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2021
Guy rest jor..... Wetin you want do. If i be your parents i go collect that house make you go build another one... Nonsense and ingredient.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Kehindeaj78: 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2021
I'm married and the development of the house is from the purse of me and my wife

35 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by greenie77: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2021
Ikillbrokehoes:
And so what? are they not your parents? smh

Maybe he fears his house will be converted to family house as per siblings (assuming he has) and any other relatives moving in with his parents.

25 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
I think if he does this, it will be rude. What he should do is to tell the parents that when he returns and gets married, they will have to leave his house. Op, your dad as a man is supposed to have a land. After you build yours, you can help him with an amount you can afford, and tell him to build his house. 2-3 rooms is okay.
DWJOBScom:
Treat it immediately

noooooo

if you not married , you will need to marry and live with your wife alone without your parents (that shit is not funny at all)

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Emarvel(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Treat it immediately

noooooo

What makes you think he is coming back to live in the house?? How many persons for yankee dey come back come live for 9ja?
Why would a house be somewhere and his parents will be living in rentage.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
They are your parents..
You can leave them for now and make arrangements on getting them a land where you can build a 2 or 3 bedroom for them.

Ejecting them will make you appear like a bad child

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DWJOBScom(m): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2021
Emarvel:

What makes you think he is coming back to live in the house?? How many persons for yankee dey come back come live for 9ja?
Why would a house be somewhere and his parents will be living in rentage.

You are assuming
Wait till he declares he is building it inorder to assist the bricklayer in his Nigeria or create employment of masons

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by DWJOBScom(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
I think if he does this, it will be rude. What he should do is to tell the parents that when he returns and gets married, they will have to leave his house. Op, your dad as a man is supposed to have a land. After you build yours, you can help him with an amount you can afford, and tell him to build his house. 2-3 rooms is okay.

it's tough when they have settled to ask them to leave the house - trust me.

It's best right now before it becomes tough. I have seen brothers reluctant to leave a house they were squatting o pending the return of the owner.

It's best they go back to the rented apartment immediately

17 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mariahAngel(f): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

I love African parents. grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Crossroad1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
Try to arrange their own house for them and let them live in yours till you help them build theirs..
Even if na 3bedroom bungalow.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Taich(m): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
emae009:
you didn't consider your parents while planning your new house??

if this story dey true sha because.............
to them they are not wrong though. Why pay rent when they can live for free while you save up heh rent money.
On the other hand, you're also not wrong, invasion of privacy

I think the problem is clash of culture. As Africans, your parents plays a vital role in all your life choices to death. That's why mother and daughter inlaw squabbles is a common occurrence around us.

Op should recognise the fact that he is still that suckling toddler in the eyes of his parents and he has to pay black tax till death.
The earlier he recognises this fact and negotiate his tax rates, the better for him.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Walkee: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
It makes no sense to for you to have a house while your father is living in a rented apartment. It will never sit well with an African parents.

21 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Brandonx(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
I don't know why the OP is making this an issue.

It's a normal thing except your parents had a house before you started building.

Even when they do, if they are the ones handling the project the moment it's completed they are most likely to move in.

Op you won't be needing the apartment trust me I'll even advice you invest in your country of residence. My sister spent a fortune building a gigantic house some 25 years ago, today the house is just there nobody's talking about the place , even her kids won't move down to Nigeria to claim her property.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Shokoloko(f): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

If you do not ask them to move to their rented place now, you will never be able to ask them to leave anymore.
My suggestion is to uproot this little plant before it develops a root.
Since they used the money to fix your house, thank them and send them money again to get their own place.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by Shokoloko(f): 9:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
DWJOBScom:

It's best right now before it becomes tough. I have seen brothers reluctant to leave a house they were squatting o pending the return of the owner.

Please follow this advice.

6 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mastermaestro(m): 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2021
Shokoloko:

If you do not ask them to move to their rented place now, you will never be able to ask them to leave anymore.
My suggestion is to uproot this little plant before it develops a root.
Since they used the money to fix your house, thank them and send them money again to get their own place.

People like you will always be helpless and stranded in your greatest moments of needs. I am not in anyway cursing you though. You are advising him to uproot his parents and send them back to a rented apartment when there is a free empty house? sad

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by chatinent: 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
It's not like you can do anything about it.

3 Likes

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mastermaestro(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2021
DWJOBScom:

I doubt if the same JESUS CHRIST I know whom you claim to be preaching on your signature will endorse this heartless, selfish advice you offered here. You need JESUS more than those you are preaching to.
Such a soulless, loveless line of thinking! sad

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent by mastermaestro(m): 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kehindeaj78:

Don't evict them. I am sure you are the breadwinner of the family. You should have considered building a house first for your parents before building yours. Start another one which may be cheaper into which the will move upon completion. Dude, this is the only realistic solution.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Wife Of Late Levi Ajuonuma Refuses To Go For His Burial / My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / The Akanbi Triplets That Bear The Same Name (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.