Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Top Yoruba Investment In The East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Yoruba Investment In The East (5103 Views)

A Soldier Challenges IPOB To A Fight In The East (Video) / BREAKING: Top Yoruba Politician Reveals Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man From Anambra / Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by GoodLife4live: 7:21am On Dec 06, 2023
Mbanda:
Fake stats concocted by lagos Ibadan gutter press.
Believe anything from an afonjaah at your own peril.
Igbo no get any company for where Yoruba DEY...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by GoodLife4live: 7:29am On Dec 06, 2023
So many popular products wey una dey use for lagos una no know say naa Yoruba man company dey produce am

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Pristine664: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2023
goodnessme1:
And where do you thing am from.

Why do you yorubas always thinks anyone that speaks against you treacherous way is from South East.

If I were you I would deny a despicable tribe like yours too. cool
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Pristine664: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2023
ANSMEDIA:

Glo is own by IBB

Glo owned by IBB?? grin
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by goodnessme1(f): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2023
Pristine664:

If I were you I would deny a despicable tribe like yours too. cool
Child filled with hate from cur!!sed trybe,I have never denied my blessed tribe the God's own people

I am Ada Igbo, Ada mara mma.
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by ANSMEDIA: 8:00am On Dec 06, 2023
Pristine664:

Glo owned by IBB?? grin
Fronting Adenuga
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Pristine664: 8:02am On Dec 06, 2023
goodnessme1:
Child filled with hate from cur!!sed trybe,I have never denied my blessed tribe the God's own people

I am Ada Igbo, Ada mara mma.

The one with hairy balls. cheesy
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by goodnessme1(f): 8:06am On Dec 06, 2023
Pristine664:

The one with hairy balls. cheesy
After watching your mother taking her bath you think everyone is like her.πŸ™„πŸ™„
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by GoodLife4live: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2023
ANSMEDIA:

Fronting Adenuga
just the way seplat is not owned by an igboman..

I am here to bust una lie one after the other..

Seplat oil and gas is owned a foreigner...

A. B. C OJIAFOR only has 4% shares there.. and is fronting for politician....

Check the list of real owner here below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by GoodLife4live: 8:10am On Dec 06, 2023
U can read more about the lies of the igbos on seplat oil and gas...

The company is owned by a white man..

Read below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Antivirus92(m): 8:14am On Dec 06, 2023
GoodLife4live:
your are the one developing your zombies akpu eaters here with ipob bureau statistics that easterners are more than the westerners in the north...

Oh, maybe because as una dey see una self gather for one market dey sell...

If u see me for Kano u go think say abi Fulani man.. and I no fit introduce myself to u say abi Yoruba... U will only recognized me as a hausa or Fulani.... Meanwhile abi confirmed Yoruba an from Ilorin...

Social Media has been used for many foolishness by u igbos... Fact ... Una dey use social media to manipulate your unknowledgeable zombidients
I haven't seen this level of delusion before.
It is unprecedented.
I wonder if you actually believe what u typed
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by GoodLife4live: 8:33am On Dec 06, 2023
Antivirus92:
I haven't seen this level of delusion before.
It is unprecedented.
I wonder if you actually believe what u typed
u mean say u know my place pass me ? Dey joke and continue with your delutionalism....

Naa so una lie say una plenty pass yorubas for America until America national census bust una lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 10:32am On Dec 06, 2023
humilitypays:
Delta, Rivers is not a tribe.

Herbert Wigwe identifies as Igbo, same with Elumelu.

Can you show your evidence of this?
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 10:49am On Dec 06, 2023
Mrfeel:

What has private investment has to do with civil service, The truth is people outside of south east can't compete with Igbos in igboland like Igbos compete with them in their homeland , to start with , the price of a plot of land in igboland can buy and build a mansion in yorubaland or the north, an average igbo man who can buy plot in igboland is capable of owning a house in Yoruba land and the north, but it will be hard for an average person from yorubaland to buy a plot in igboland cause he can't afford it

This is stupid nonsense!

Non-Igbo people don't invest in SE because it is not the best option available to them. Not because they cannot afford land in Igboland or cannot compete with Igbos but igbos can compete with them nonsense. The typical moronic chest-beating and insulting other tribes with stupid evidence and arguments.

Are you telling me that American, British, French, Japanese, Lebanese, South African etc. companies cannot compete with Igbo companies or cannot afford land in Igboland; which I am sure you think only the Igbos can afford because they are the "billionaires" undecided? So how come they too are not investing in SE but are happy to invest in Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, Otta, Agbara, Sagamu, Warri, Benin, Uyo etc.?

The current only logical reason to put one's investment in SE is if one lives there or has emotional attachment to it. If that is not the case, the economics just does not work as best as if you invest in other parts of Nigeria, and that is not something to beat your chest about in SE.

Also, other Nigerians don't migrate to live in SE because of this lack of economic significance. While they AND IGBOS migrate to many other cities in Nigeria that have more commercial opportunities.

This foolish "it is because they cannot compete with us on our homeland" is like Bulgarians saying they are better than British or French people because they invest in London and Paris in droves but the British and the French hardly invest in Sofia. Well, the British and the French have better options than Sofia for investing their money. Sofia is not as economically significant as Madrid, Brussels, Munich etc.

1 Like

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2023
raskymonojendor:
You think investment is 2' Γ— 2' shop Or your wheel barrow phone charger shop
🀑

That is a stupid list.

What methodology was used to determine "Control of Lagos' economy"?

Anybody can create nonsense and you quickly just believe it without any critical and analytical query?
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 10:59am On Dec 06, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

I pity other Nigerians, particularly Igbos still attending those business centers and paying money they could use to improve their lives. I stopped attending Winners chapel when I saw the massive drums they were using to cart money every Sunday. The worst is that, they still do tribalism in the church, otherwise why are these businessmen pastors investing in the SW only instead of nationally?

Well said!
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:02am On Dec 06, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

You’re the 🀑

You keep replacing Igbos with states but didn’t do that with others. UBA, Fidelity, Access, and Zenith banks are all owned by Igbos. What a stupid list!

Alaba and Trade fair alone generate 50x more revenue and employment than these mushroom Yoruba companies you listed.

If Igbos are well represented in the formal economy while holding down informal sector, then truly truly, they dominate Lagos economy.

Which "Igbos" own UBA and Access?
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:03am On Dec 06, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Name the $300 million investments from Adenuga in the SE?

No single Yoruba investment in the East except agbo and YPC

That is a shame for SE. Not something to be proud of.

If that is a thing of pride, Taraba should be one of the proudest Nigerian states.
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:11am On Dec 06, 2023
opamoses1:
Aside Globacom's sponsoring the Ofala Festival since 2011, and it recently extended its partnership for another three years, through 2025, no reasonable human would invest in a dead zone and terrorist infested enclave where IPOB shuts down the region every Monday.

Hostility to "aliens" owning land in Igboland, separatists' violence (including sit at home), potential of property destruction, poor infrastructural development and geographical location from economic capitals makes the South East very unattractive for FDI or IRDI (Inter-regional direct investment).

Investors would be sensible enough to go to other locations. Dangote and Rabiu know they can pour billions of dollars of investment in SW and SS and sleep with peace. So do Westerners!

Chest-beating, warrior rhetoric, violence and hostilities to others is not profitable!
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:16am On Dec 06, 2023
Ogene001:

Lol. Jokers. Rivers and Delta are now tribes??
Be deceiving yourself, select all mushroom yoruba companies and fill the list and ignore igbo Giants
Pinnacle Oil, Britannia U, Capital oil, Rainol, Techno oil, etc
No coscharis, no Emzor, no Neros, No Orange drugs?
Yorubas are clowns. Continue useless list prepared in ogbomoso

SW and SS-owned companies run the indigenous Oil & Gas sector.

Depending on year and production levels by different oil wells, one leads and the other is second in regards to overall bopd. SE is a distant third (more than 25% less than second).

As a singular tribe, Yoruba-owned companies lead that sector.

They also lead in pharma production AND pharma retail chains (not the street pharma drugs seller market).

It is only transport that they cannot compete with Igbos.
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2023
MEEVEET:

Where are the Yoruba investment in the North West and North East

Is alkwa ibom not conducive too tell us Yoruba investment in South South

Whether they invest in North West or Timbuktu or not, Yorubas run majority of the professional business sectors in Nigeria.

This level of reasoning that you evaluate on 'what geographical area investment covers' is a serious sign of low IQ and poor education.

Many of you are seriously unemployable.

For every 100 Naira you spend in Nigeria to live a good and modern life, the largest fraction goes to foreign owned business. The next largest fraction goes to Yoruba-owned business as they dominate majority of the professional sectors.

When YOU go out today and decide to buy cooked food to eat outside, if you do not decide to eat at some motor park or mama put joint, but instead decide to eat at one of the chain eateries, you are probably most likely spending money with a Yoruba-owned business.

When you work and your company pays for life insurance, there is a high chance it is going to a Yoruba-owned business.

When they pay your pension, there is a high chance it is going to a Yoruba-owned business.

If you want to send your kids to the top private schools, you are probably most likely spending money with a Yoruba-owned business.

When you need to pay money for God to hear you, you are probably most likely spending money with a Yoruba-owned business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2023
Ogene001:

Kano is a Sharia state with high level of religious intolerance yet Igbos outnumber yorubas by a very wide margin despite yorubas being half Muslim

Igbos dominate small trade.

Yorubas dominate professional businesses.

Professional businesses find most of their money from Abuja, Port-Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Warri and SW region.
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2023
Ogene001:

Kano is a Sharia state with high level of religious intolerance yet Igbos outnumber yorubas by a very wide margin despite yorubas being half Muslim

Igbos dominate small trade.

Yorubas dominate professional businesses.

Professional businesses find most of their money from Abuja, Port-Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Onitsha, Warri and SW region.

Here are the states with little economic activities. They have not received a single dollar of FDI since 2015:

NW: Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara
NE: Borno, Gombe, Yobe
NC: Benue, Taraba
SS: Bayelsa, Cross River
SE: Ebonyi, Imo
SW: Osun
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Made in Yoruba list full of lies.

ShopRite is owned by Ketron Investment Limited, a company owned by Persianas Investment Limited.

BOI has a stake of N3.5 bn in Ketron Investment Limited.

If I list Igbo owned companies in Lagos you'll run.

Emzor

Pinancle Oil

Nestoil

Capital Oil and Gas

Britannia U

Seplat

Oilserve

Master Energy (head office)

Atlas Oranto Petroleum (Nigeria largest privately held Africa-focused oil company owned by Arthur Eze)

Jesco Oil LTD

Tonimas Group

The Chrome Group (Emeka Offor company)

Orange Drugs

Erisco Foods

Interswitch

IrokoTV

Guinea Insurance PLC

Just name ONE Yoruba investment in the East besides Yoruba Pentecostal churches and agbo sellers.

You go school?

Who owns Persianas Investment Limited?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 11:57am On Dec 06, 2023
Ogene001:

OilServe by Emeka Okwuosa, omo the list endless. Igbos probably rule oil and gas sector

You are deluding yourself.
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2023
ShoeGetSize:
In that case, why not simply let them go and create their own country?

Why do you think he is not letting them create their own country?
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by ShoeGetSize: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2023
It's because once one part of Nigeria is allowed to leave, it will begin falling apart piece by piece.
Nigeria's elites know that if Nigeria falls apart, easy access to oil wealth will disappear.
Northern elites also know that they will become landlocked in addition to becoming the poorest country on earth.

Gamesmart:

Why do you think he is not letting them create their own country?

1 Like

Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2023
ShoeGetSize:
It's because once one part of Nigeria is allowed to leave, it will begin falling apart piece by piece.
Nigeria's elites know that if Nigeria falls apart, easy access to oil wealth will disappear.
Northern elites also know that they will become landlocked in addition to becoming the poorest country on earth.

AHHHH!

So your head is very correct? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You nailed it!!! grin

I thought you were going to say because the rest of Nigeria fear SE will be come Singapore and they are all scared of Igbo superiority!
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Mbanda(m): 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2023
GoodLife4live:
I leave you for @Anambra1stsonn to school you on that. You think say Igbos na una mate?

Mumu!
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by Gamesmart: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Made in Yoruba list full of lies.

ShopRite is owned by Ketron Investment Limited, a company owned by Persianas Investment Limited.

BOI has a stake of N3.5 bn in Ketron Investment Limited.

If I list Igbo owned companies in Lagos you'll run.

Emzor

Pinancle Oil

Nestoil

Capital Oil and Gas

Britannia U

Seplat

Oilserve

Master Energy (head office)

Atlas Oranto Petroleum (Nigeria largest privately held Africa-focused oil company owned by Arthur Eze)

Jesco Oil LTD

Tonimas Group

The Chrome Group (Emeka Offor company)

Orange Drugs

Erisco Foods

Interswitch

IrokoTV

Guinea Insurance PLC

Just name ONE Yoruba investment in the East besides Yoruba Pentecostal churches and agbo sellers.

Based on indigenous professionally-ran companies in the industry

Emzor: Pharmaceutical industry - Yorubas dominate more than Igbos

Nestoil, Britannia U, Seplat, Atlas Oranto Petroleum: Upstream Oil & Gas - Yorubas and SS dominate more than Igbos

Pinancle Oil, Capital Oil and Gas, Oilserve, Master Energy, Jesco Oil LTD - I don't know who dominates this

Tonimas Group, The Chrome Group, Orange Drugs: Conglomerates - I don't know who dominates this

Erisco Foods: Food Manufacturing and Processing - Hausas dominate this one. Yorubas are second.

Interswitch, IrokoTV: Tech - Yorubas dominate more than Igbos

Guinea Insurance PLC: Insurance - This one is no competition. Na total Yoruba Yoruba industry. Yorubas rule totally!
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by IamAtikulate: 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2023
Gamesmart:

Based on indigenous professionally-ran companies in the industry

Emzor: Pharmaceutical industry - Yorubas dominate more than Igbos

Nestoil, Britannia U, Seplat, Atlas Oranto Petroleum: Upstream Oil & Gas - Yorubas and SS dominate more than Igbos

Pinancle Oil, Capital Oil and Gas, Oilserve, Master Energy, Jesco Oil LTD - I don't know who dominates this

Tonimas Group, The Chrome Group, Orange Drugs: Conglomerates - I don't know who dominates this

Erisco Foods: Food Manufacturing and Processing - Hausas dominate this one. Yorubas are second.

Interswitch, IrokoTV: Tech - Yorubas dominate more than Igbos

Guinea Insurance PLC: Insurance - This one is no competition. Na total Yoruba Yoruba industry. Yorubas rule totally!

Courtesy: Yoruba Bureau of Statistics

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Top Yoruba Investment In The East by IamAtikulate: 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2023
GoodLife4live:
So Dudu-Osun is part of the company?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Landing Cost Of Petrol Now N39.17/litre / Housing In Lagos State: / Arewa Group Seeks Another Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.