Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K (33261 Views)

Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand / Governor Ortom Asks FG Not To Reverse Ban On Rice Importation / Border Closure Bites Hard On Rice, Textile Shops In Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by bigbauer(m): 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2023
Wisereborn:
Mtcheeeeew.

Rice is produced locally abi

Why is it so expensive undecided

Dollar rate bah grin grin grin

Tinubu, when will the poor breathe

What we have in this country as leaders, are not dream makers but dream breakers. It's a shame I tell you!!!

Have you forgotten they use fertilisers, pesticides/herbicides too? Are those things not imported/bought at Dollar rates?
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Henry22(m): 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2023
AbujaLagos:
na today?

Mumu na because of people like you I ask that question cos I know as usual miscreants no get sense, they always fall for little mouse traps.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by AbujaLagos: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2023
Henry22:

Mumu na because of people like you I ask that question cos I know as usual miscreants no get sense, they always fall for little mouse traps.
your mumu too wohwoh, simple thing you no understand, akuya!
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by grandstar(m): 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2023
Wisereborn:
Mtcheeeeew.

What we have in this country as leaders, are not dream makers but dream breakers. It's a shame I tell you!!!

Nigeria has no competitive advantage in growing rice.

Despite this, government is determined the country becomes self sufficient in rice production.

What this means is that we are compelled to pay premium prices for rice while the cheaper imported one is banned.

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Ebubu: 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2023
Beremx:
Abeg let am know biko. Thanks cool
grin
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Wisereborn: 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2023
bigbauer:

Have you forgotten they use fertilisers, pesticides/herbicides too? Are those things not imported/bought at Dollar rates?
They import fertilisers, pesticides/herbicides grin grin grin really undecided

Please don't repeat this outside

Even the agricultural school in Epe can close their eyes while providing all you mentioned above undecided

Smh
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Beremx(f): 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2023
FirstCounsel:

Eh? You're kidding right? cheesy grin
I'm dead serious cry

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Wisereborn: 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2023
Ijaya123:

During the 8 years of Buhari, no other government pumped money to support rice farmers like he did. Several interventions and financial aids to rice farmers but guess what, cost of rice did not drop at anytime but kept increasing throughout the regime.

Now since you mentioned Tinubu in your comment, can you suggest what you think he should do differently to bring down the cost of rice?
The question is what will it take to employ farmers to plant these across the country

How long does it take to harvest

What exactly is the duty of the minister of agriculture
undecided
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Henry22(m): 2:10pm On Dec 06, 2023
AbujaLagos:
your mumu too wohwoh, simple thing you no understand, akuya!

Bloody foolll..... envious demon from the waste
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by membranus: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2023
Zooposki:
For those wondering, this is 1 bushel of Agbado.

If you are selling, give us your price and location.

There is enough market for it in Lagos and other parts of Nigeria. It is an unavoidable food item for all tribes in the country.

Let us make you rich.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Ijaya123: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2023
Wisereborn:

The question is what will it take to employ farmers to plant these across the country

How long does it take to harvest

What exactly is the duty of the minister of agriculture
undecided

Who should employ the farmers?
And you’ve not even answered the initial question I asked.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by XAUBulls: 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2023
polycarp65:
Polycarp Sola-Abakaliki

Members of the Abakaliki rice millers association have hailed Governor Francis Nwifuru of Ebonyi State on a ban on scaling for the measurement of rice and the reintroduction of the 100-cup bushel.

This commendation came even as the price of rice at the Abakaliki rice mill company at the time of this report had crashed to 15.000 Naira against the 20. 000 naira which was sold barely a week after the reintroduction of the bushel measurement.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by biremi(m): 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Nigeria is a funny country.

In 2023 a governor is asking you to measure rice in cups and you are thanking him. What is really going on in this country.

Instead of the governor to put measures to put a stop to the cheating and fraud going on in the rice mill,he chose to take the easy part.

Countries are taking rice productions to another level,and we are here still fighting about how to measure rice.

So if one need rice in trucks,he will wait for them to keep measuring it with cups. We really need to wake up and stop praising our leaders for every wrong steps they take.

A local musician in Akwa Ibom state; Ekpo Otu sang
" Put your eye for ground make you see wetin naija de see"
And I give you the same advice.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Malawian(m): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
Anyone ever noticed that Ebonyi people seems to have a signature skin tone.

Infact, you can almost tell them apart from other Igbos by their skin tone.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by AbujaLagos: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2023
Henry22:

Bloody foolll..... envious demon from the waste
now I understand your pain . Ị na-aga n'ihu, anyị ndigo na-enweta ihe na-ezighị ezi. Nwoke ara.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2023
Beremx:
I'm seriously crushing on Ebonyi state governor.
Whatta Man!!

grin kiss kiss

Why?
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2023
Henry22:
So the east dey produce rice?

Highest producer of local rice
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Henry22(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Highest producer of local rice

I know bro, na trap I set so
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Nerdnextdoor: 6:59am On Dec 07, 2023
Abakaliki Rice back then was half rice n half stones. I hope the quality has improved over time. If Using bushels for measurement can indeed help ensure fair pricing and better quantity control, then it's a positive development for both consumers and producers.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Cromagnon: 7:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
Wisereborn:
Mtcheeeeew.

Demand outweighs supply

Fertiliser is bought in which currency
What of tools, tractors etc

they're making THEIR dreams come true. You better work on YOURS
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by 7lives: 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2023
Wisereborn:
Mtcheeeeew.

When will you plant your own rice?.
Just plant and eat your rice, is this too much for you?.
Let rice producers breath, e no easy.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Wisereborn: 4:40am On Dec 08, 2023
Cromagnon:

Demand outweighs supply

Fertiliser is bought in which currency
What of tools, tractors etc

they're making THEIR dreams come true. You better work on YOURS
You need help with all these your stale excuses undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Commander Attacks Usman Durkwa Convoy's Deputy During Osinbajo's Visit / Buhari Commissions Osogbo Government High School (#osunat25) / Two INEC Officials Abscond With Election Results In Katsina - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.