Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K (33292 Views)

Petrol Price Crashes At Depots Amid Low Demand / Governor Ortom Asks FG Not To Reverse Ban On Rice Importation / Border Closure Bites Hard On Rice, Textile Shops In Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Rebuker(m): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2023
Ways to keep your dog healthy and happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozoYsaGdMAU
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by nkemoma(m): 11:25am On Dec 06, 2023
See Governor face like thief
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by oglalasioux(m): 11:28am On Dec 06, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Nigeria is a funny country.

In 2023 a governor is asking you to measure rice in cups and you are thanking him. What is really going on in this country.

Instead of the governor to put measures to put a stop to the cheating and fraud going on in the rice mill,he chose to take the easy part.

Countries are taking rice productions to another level,and we are here still fighting about how to measure rice.

So if one need rice in trucks,he will wait for them to keep measuring it with cups. We really need to wake up and stop praising our leaders for every wrong steps they take.

If you read the article you'll see it's to be sold by the bushel not cups. Even if you want 10 trucks of rice these sellers will load them within hours. People cheat with scales just as filling stations cheat with their meters. Bushels are open. Everyone sees the sales and leave happily.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by kcprince: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2023
We are currently in rice season and that is the reason for the drop . From march it will go up again.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Ebubu: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2023
Beremx:
leave me biko. If you know the governor, tell him I love him dearly. I don't mind changing my state from Imo to Ebonyi stategrin grin
grin na helicopter e dey use fly over my house almost everyday for this Abakaliki. I go find way let am know. Em hotel no dey far from my house

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Procashtips(m): 11:30am On Dec 06, 2023
Beremx:
leave me biko. If you know the governor, tell him I love him dearly. I don't mind changing my state from Imo to Ebonyi stategrin grin

Hope loves you more

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Ebubu: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2023
oglalasioux:

If you read the article you'll see it's to be sold by the bushel not cups. Even if you want 10 trucks of rice these sellers will load them within hours. People cheat with scales just as filling stations cheat with their meters. Bushels are open. Everyone sees the sales and leave happily.
exactly
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Ebubu: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2023
nkemoma:
See Governor face like thief
don’t judge a book by its face
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Itzteewhy(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2023
Please someone should educate me you mean the rice that is sold for 55k - 60k will now be 15k Cos honestly this sound good to be true.. lol this Nigeria
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Tallesty1(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2023
Henry22:
So the east dey produce rice?
Ebonyi produces rice. Enugu, Anambra produces rice too.

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Dickson178(m): 11:35am On Dec 06, 2023
Which kind governor resemble half aboki like this? 😃
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Zooposki(f): 11:37am On Dec 06, 2023
nnachukz:
This one the marketers are hailing the governor, I hope they are not cheating the buyers with the bushel measurement?

They will fix extra covering at the bottom so the size of the bushel will be smaller. No be Naija again.

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by okeke6969: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2023
For them to reject scaling, it shows that they are not sincere.
Go to many developing countries in Africa, many of them uses scale to measure groceries like tomatoes, potatoes, meats etc,
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Evolutionism: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2023
This country is Light Years away from development and civilizationgrin

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by reddingtonblack: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2023
Beremx:
I'm seriously crushing on Ebonyi state governor.
Whatta Man!!

grin kiss kiss

seems you don't have spec

2 Likes

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Evolutionism: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2023
reddingtonblack:

seems you don't have spec

You seems to not understand.

She is crushing on the MONEY.

Seems you don't understand Nigerian Ladies/Women coded languages.

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by airsaylongcome: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2023
nnachukz:
This one the marketers are hailing the governor, I hope they are not cheating the buyers with the bushel measurement?

Of course they are! He said a "25kg" bushel when weighed ends up being 20kg max.

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by AbujaLagos: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2023
Henry22:
na today?
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Bliztzer: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2023
Wisereborn:
Mtcheeeeew.

Rice is produced locally abi

Why is it so expensive undecided

Dollar rate bah grin grin grin

Tinubu, when will the poor breathe

What we have in this country as leaders, are not dream makers but dream breakers. It's a shame I tell you!!!

grin grin
They are ganging up against the poor, so the poor should expect nothing.

In this country the poor man has no succour.
They re brazenly energising poverty in the land, all thanks to apc

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by GoodGovernance: 11:57am On Dec 06, 2023
oglalasioux:

The solution to primitive cheating, should not be primitive!

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Beremx(f): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2023
Ebubu:
grin na helicopter e dey use fly over my house almost everyday for this Abakaliki. I go find way let am know. Em hotel no dey far from my house
Abeg let am know biko. Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2023
Henry22:
. YOU MUST BE A BIG CLOWN, EBOYIN STATE IS ONE OF THE BIGERST RICE PRODUCER IN NIGERIA, FOLLOWED BY NASARAWA, KEBBI, NIGER, ABIA ETC. YOU ARE A BIG TIME OPONU.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by FirstCounsel(m): 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2023
Beremx:
I'm seriously crushing on Ebonyi state governor.
Whatta Man!!

grin kiss kiss
Eh? You're kidding right? cheesy grin
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by okorogodwin4(m): 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2023
Some batist haters will not like these thread
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by frankoben(m): 12:18pm On Dec 06, 2023
This is a victory for rice and for all who consume it....
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by bobkezel(m): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2023
This is 2023 for Mike's sake. Saner countries measure in kgs to avoid cheating. But here reverse is the case and is supported by a governor.
Illiteracy!!! Backwardness!!
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Okpollo: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2023
Sucre7:
This their governor look like person wey don sell gala and mineral for Lagos traffic. Or dey push wheel barrow for port Harcourt 😂😂😂
Maybe ,but today he is a state governor maybe , he might relate with suffering of those still selling in traffic . You governor who might be a career criminal might to relate to what it means to earn a legitmate living , as such will steal the state dry to mentain the life style.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Sucre7: 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2023
Okpollo:
Maybe ,but today he is a state governor maybe , he might relate with suffering of those still selling in traffic . You governor who might be a career criminal might to relate to what it means to earn a legitmate living , as such will steal the state dry to mentain the life style.

Don't take it serious. Na joke. You can see the laughing emoji.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by agabusta: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2023
Zooposki:
For those wondering, this is 1 bushel of Agbado.

Thank you.

But which kind of outdated method is this?
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by SmartyPants(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Nigeria is a funny country.

In 2023 a governor is asking you to measure rice in cups and you are thanking him. What is really going on in this country.

Instead of the governor to put measures to put a stop to the cheating and fraud going on in the rice mill,he chose to take the easy part.

Countries are taking rice productions to another level,and we are here still fighting about how to measure rice.

So if one need rice in trucks,he will wait for them to keep measuring it with cups. We really need to wake up and stop praising our leaders for every wrong steps they take.

Are you sure you understand a single thing that was said in this article??

Lol.
Re: Rice Millers Hail Ebonyi Governor's Ban On Rice Scaling As Price Crashes To ₦15K by Ijaya123: 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2023
Wisereborn:
Mtcheeeeew.

Rice is produced locally abi

Why is it so expensive undecided

Dollar rate bah grin grin grin

Tinubu, when will the poor breathe

What we have in this country as leaders, are not dream makers but dream breakers. It's a shame I tell you!!!

During the 8 years of Buhari, no other government pumped money to support rice farmers like he did. Several interventions and financial aids to rice farmers but guess what, cost of rice did not drop at anytime but kept increasing throughout the regime.

Now since you mentioned Tinubu in your comment, can you suggest what you think he should do differently to bring down the cost of rice?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Gears Up For 2017 Weapons Championship Inside Sambisa Forest. PICS / Atiku Arrives Nigeria From U.S / Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.