Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture (15301 Views)

Fried Grasshopper: Katsina Residents Make Fortune Selling Tasty Insects / Opportunity To Invest In A Promising Tech Start-up / Invest To Own An Equity In A Promising Tech (SaaS) Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by kpas4kpas2(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I can't justify eating this. The Bible warns we Christians in the book of leviticus 11:22 against eating grasshoppers and four legged insects. Any Christian that eats this will go to Hell for ever. I pray our lord Jesus continue to guide and protect the Palestinians against the evil persecutions of Isreal. Amen sad

Grasshoppers is clean to eat but grasscuter is unclean to eat.
Leviticus 11:21. Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
22. Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by Forlardara(m): 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2023
Mosquitoes are being eating in China. You will enjoy eating mosquitoes if you are given the opportunity.
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by MemoriesAndMe: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2023
How do people manage to gather so much grasshoppers to be able to sell them at such commercial scale? Is it like several people hop on fields and start catching them one by one?
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by aieromon(m): 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
MemoriesAndMe:
How do people manage to gather so much grasshoppers to be able to sell them at such commercial scale? Is it like several people hop on fields and start catching them one by one?

The hunters enter the forest at night with net sacks strapped to their backs, chest and legs.

2 Likes

Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by yakuza1(m): 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2023
akinsmail51:
Grasshopper Business in Nigeria: Unconventional yet Promising Venture

Grasshopper business in Nigeria is gradually becoming a highly lucrative business in parts of northern Nigeria as the insect is fast becoming a sought-after tasty delicacy and delicious snack consumed in northern states such as Katsina, Borno, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, FCT, even Lagos and beyond.

Grasshoppers are tropical insects, which pose great danger to farmers, because they feed on plants, grasses and crops in tropical, semi-arid regions or any other areas that are favourable to their existence.

As dangerous as grasshopper is to farming, it is seen as a goldmine for some, as it is a sought-after commodity for

https://businessgists.com.ng/grasshopper-business-in-nigeria/

Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by mightyhaze: 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I can't justify eating this. The Bible warns we Christians in the book of leviticus 11:22 against eating grasshoppers and four legged insects. Any Christian that eats this will go to Hell for ever. I pray our lord Jesus continue to guide and protect the Palestinians against the evil persecutions of Isreal. Amen sad
mumu man..

Face your religion and stop claiming otherwise.. All these insects are delicacies . Even John the Baptist lived on locust and wildhoney when preparing to meet the Lord Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by gebest: 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2023
Atubatu, take it with garri
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by Tetraozonaitera: 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2023
Codeofconduct:

Interesting so what was John the Baptist meal in the wilderness?

Modified:
The scripture you used clearly stated that it is not an abomination to eat it, read the whole of the chapter again.

You seem to be new on Nairaland.

The person you are quoting "GoTv" is a Mental patient.
He is not a Christian but a lunatic Muslim practicing what Islam teaches them LIES. Telling lies is called Taquiya in Islam. It is permitted.

A Religion that encourages telling lies is nothing but demonic.

The Bible says all liars will have their place in hell. Including those who teaches people how to tell lies.

1 Like

Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by 123papas(m): 11:17pm On Dec 14, 2023
John the Baptist fed on Locust (Grashopper) and Honey while in the wilderness.
GOTVee:
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by newnigerdelta00: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2023
payaseriy:
Nawa o

Na only Tinubu economy fit make person fry mosquito chop

Lie's, grasshopper business has been existing before they born u
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by Ayatullah(m): 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Grasshopper wey we dey teach children not to play with talk more of chop.

Things dey happen.
If e sweet na protein.

Another man food is another man poison.

For east we dey chop flying insects.
For west we dey chop snake
For North we chop grasshopper.

Nothing is bad to chop if Eno kill you.

You mean you eat all flying insects in the East?
So, you eat:

1.) MOSQUITOES
2.) HOUSEFLY
3.) DRAGONFLY
4.) FLYING ANTS
etc.

Na you talk am so oooo!

Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by cardoctor(m): 11:57pm On Dec 14, 2023
GOTVee:

Dont forget that John the Baptist survived on locust and wild honey while in the wilderness waiting to meet Jesus. Read ur bible well.
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by Emmahunk(m): 12:05am On Dec 15, 2023
GOTVee:

Are locusts not four legged insects?
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by MemoriesAndMe: 12:12am On Dec 15, 2023
aieromon:

The hunters enter the forests at night with net sacks strapped to their backs, chest and legs.
Oh, thanks for the explanation. I learnt from you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by billyG(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2023
Is it grasshoppers or Locusts?
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by Josywhyte: 11:11am On Dec 15, 2023
GOTVee:

So those that are eating or have eaten it will go to hell? U don't know the Bible very well...
Re: Grasshopper Business In Nigeria: Unconventional Yet Promising Venture by LivingSage: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
One man's meat, another man's poison.

If I love ikanni / manimani so much, I wouldn't criticize those who eats this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Steps To Become Your Own Boss And Control Your Finances / Total Plans To Sell Stake In Nigerian Oil Block / CBN Stops Use Of Foreign Currencies As Collateral For Naira Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.