Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business (23145 Views)

Emmanuel Chigozie Eze: P&G Head Of Sales Spent Firm’s N20m On Online Betting / Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / P&G To Shut Down $300 Million Nigeria Production Plant, A Year After Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Irony1: 3:29am On Dec 07, 2023
porthouse7:
Cos igbos are importing substandard drugs
senseless comment from you as usual.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by sweetgala(m): 3:31am On Dec 07, 2023
AntiChristian:
Tinubu is at fault here!
As soon as he was sworn in he should have given all poor Nigerians one million to eradicate poverty!

We have too much oil and natural resources to pay us all!

And he should have provided free raw material too for all industries to mitigate against them going away!

I tire for Nigeria!

Please which country can I migrate to and get new citizenship?

Don't mention Argentina cos P & G is leaving Argentina too!

Argentina is same as Nigeria as P & G don comot too!
cheesy

Free 1m to over 200m Nigerians. They are still struggling to give 35k monthly to just 800k families over 6 months.

And free raw material, some imported with scarce dollars . Some of you Nigerians are just dence, that is why someone like Obi could sell you such silly ideas so successfully without shame because he was talking to idiots.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by BluntCrazeMan: 3:37am On Dec 07, 2023
You see.!!

It is easier to do importation in Nigeria due to the economic realities in Nigeria.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 07, 2023
Hotice085:

My miserable parents are Ewu importer, Chinese and Pakistani consumer

Fixed
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Irony1: 3:45am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

nonesense....

how many nigerians do you think this rubbish companis hire in nigeria that justify them doing anyhow....??

if they cant operate in nigeria,then they should go....
last i remember,nigeria has local pharmacy companies too,that they drove out of business....they will retake their place again....

are you this dull? it is not by force to comment if you have nothing sensible to say.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by OChimex: 3:49am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:
they only come to nigeria for the dollars....

nothing else....
when we tell una this foreighn companies are doing nigeria no good,una will not listen....

How old are you?

Who told you business is run with dumb emotions and sentiments, the way una dey vote any idiot based on such dumb sentiments?
Business is purely for profit making, young man whether local or foreign.
When that is not achieved, you gat to leave of find a way to make profit.
If una like continue voting idiots into power sake of say my tribe and religion, they will continue to destroy your country beyond repairs.
Mind you, I left the idiotic country years ago

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Irony1: 3:50am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:
any foreighn company that doesnt see the naira as useful shouldnt open shop in nigeria....

what should we do....??
dish the naira and start usin dollars because of them....??

comman....

the same thing with you igbo importers too....
you dont like it go open shop in foreighn nations and get your beloved dollars their....
dont stay in nigeria and be awaitin us to provide dollars for you....
please shut up
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Irony1: 3:54am On Dec 07, 2023
sweetgala:

Free 1m to over 200m Nigerians. They are still struggling to give 35k monthly to just 800k families over 6 months.

And free raw material, some imported with scarce dollars . Some of you Nigerians are just dence, that is why someone like Obi could sell you such silly ideas so successfully without shame because he was talking to idiots.
so the one Tinubu sold to you is good abi. Stop this demonstration of stupidity abeg.

2 Likes

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by jaxxy(m): 4:19am On Dec 07, 2023
Bliss4Lyfe:

The country may be coming apart.

I mean, war and disintegration.

Something is loading, because the kind rape the constitution experience this year, shock satan.

War btwn who and who?

Do u know what war is? Nobody is looking for war or disintegration pls.

The situation is critical but there are many solutions besides the worst case scenario u are painting while u stay in the UK.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by TemmyT002(m): 4:20am On Dec 07, 2023
Without a doubt, the party called APC hates Nigeria with passion.
They really want to destroy everything
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by ubimagos: 4:26am On Dec 07, 2023
Onyiridike:
They are still teaching Obi and Igbos lesson.

They think 2023 is 1960.

Go ahead and destroy your country with your hands.
Obi na person name!
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by jaxxy(m): 4:27am On Dec 07, 2023
Bluntemperor:

The Truth On Most Companies In Nigeria:
What is sad,here?
Most of these Companies- since 1960,70s,80s- date, have been doing Imports and Import Substitutions - like the Peugeot authomobile then- using FOREX,as smoscreen, without any Plans for Real Economic Development - for the Nation -Nigeria e g like the NNPC and others,have been ImportingFuel,at detriment of Nigeria and have perfected Corrupt Practices, even with the CBN and -the Banks- they are just sighphoning the Foreign Currencies,with External Collaborators, and they dare Not do that in their own Countries e.g Malaysia,China,etc
•Can they do that in China?
•China Policy is that you MUST get 60% or less say 45% of your Raw -Materials from the Locals and,when you decide to leave,you leave it behind and their Citizens perfect them!
•Nigerian Government must have a Policy for Industrial Development Growth!
•President Tinubu Must -as a matter of Urgency get a Blue Prints On Nigeria Industrialization Templates - and assess Companies on NEEDS Basis) - -Short Term( 2years)
-Medium Term(2-5 yrs) and
-Long Term(from 5yrs upwars) - so by this FOREX- Allocations can be earmarked for useful Purposes,not just for anybody to say I'm a Manufacturer and nobody ( not even NAFDAC) can give a thorough knowledge of what Many Companies are doing or Producing in Nigeria! It is Corruption!
•Same as -DISCOS are doing - since Independence till date- No One Can Assess What Power- Energy/ Lights they give to the Masses - they just killed the Nigeria Industries through Manipulations and Fraudulent Practices! e g No lights in Ikorodu,No Street Lights - you will get constant lights- where their Ogas or Workers are living. They just wilfully - divert lights! Its Corruption!

I agree with u bt while u are fighting corruption of these foreign manufacturers based here locally fight the corruption in government destroying the country and depriving it of havering a basic enabling environment for either local or foreign manufacturers to thrive.

U can be tell tinubu to draw up Nigeria industrialization templates when he and past governments have failed to provide the right business/manufacturering environment like China has?

Do u think China created such laws without first building their infrastructure and power to a level thst attracts these manufacturers?

Tesla, Bmw, iPhone have manufacturering plants/factories in China following China's laws because it is profitable and a win win situation for them.

China had to fight its self inflicted and induced corruption to build an enabling environment to now fight corruption of others.

Don't put the cart b4 the horse. undecided
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by StpidNLmods: 4:30am On Dec 07, 2023
Tinubu and seyi are spending the last dollar in Nigeria claiming that they are looking for foreign investors while the ones we brought long time ago a packing out grin

I now believe that Nigeria don enter 1 chance

419 family = tinubu = fake human

Jokerman:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/12/06/pg-to-dissolve-ground-operations-in-nigeria-revert-to-an-import-only-business-model/
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by SoNature(m): 4:36am On Dec 07, 2023
Firstorderwizard:
More addition to the already over saturated unemployment pool.
This generation of Nigerian youths is a waste of generation.
I wonder how history and posterity will describe them embarassed

Don't blame the youth, blame it on the elders who wouldn't leave the leadership stage for young people to run it.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Igeri: 4:39am On Dec 07, 2023
DKM123:
APC has chased out nearly all of the main investors they met in 2015 including the ones PDP brought in. Very d£monic party with thiiefnubu at the helms of affairs..

If they focused on developing the economy half the way they focus on propaganda/deception/lies plus paying !rritants to deceive Nigerians on social media and sponsoring tribal division amongst the youths, Nigeria would have been better..

Soon they bring in Reno Omokri to come and attack Peter Obi, call him names and things will normalize.

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by dalass(f): 4:40am On Dec 07, 2023
Splashme:
When a thief is your president ...

It is well
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Nice2023(m): 4:40am On Dec 07, 2023
anungangampu:
This isnt good at all. Achievement of other Presidents getting bastardised.
If there is something this foreign companies are seing we are yet to see ?

2024 will reveal alot.

I have said this earlier.

These people know the implications of having this man as the president of a country. They have serially dugged out his records and decided that we in a terrible hands hence asking their companies to leave.

This was the same kind of treatment they gave Zimbabwe until it completely collapsed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Willie2015: 4:45am On Dec 07, 2023
anungangampu:
This isnt good at all. Achievement of other Presidents getting bastardised.
If there is something this foreign companies are seing we are yet to see ?

2024 will reveal alot.

Naija has a difficult biz terrain...
Esp for manufacturing outfit...
And those with production base..
Cost of doin business is too high..
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by JudasNaKarrot: 4:58am On Dec 07, 2023
Antoeni:
Anything the black man, Tinubu APC Government Touches, Dies.
The Blacks doesn't have the mental capacity to govern himself.

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by JudasNaKarrot: 5:04am On Dec 07, 2023
zoedew:
Power! That is what Tinubu should see to and all else will fall in place! All the junketing is needless! Fix power and the FDI will flood Nigeria. We've got the market! The economy is big!!! Where is his Enron barge🧐🤔. Now my demigod Tinubu is President and my biological father have committed suicide as a coward he is.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by engrfaruq(m): 5:08am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

nothing else....
when we tell una this foreighn companies are doing nigeria no good,una will not listen....

How then do you expect them to repatriate their profits back to their home Countries? Do you expect them to do that in Naira? They make their sales in Naira here, but eventually, they must convert their monies into dollars before sending them back.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by awa(m): 5:23am On Dec 07, 2023
Chicago Boy is a Genius who can manage anything.... Where are those praising Bulaba
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by cooljude(m): 5:25am On Dec 07, 2023
VULCAN:
As I read the bolded, I knew I was reading something written by an unenlightened fellow who believes he is always right.

Someone said the purchasing power has taken a hit and your response was No, it's the naira's exchange rate that has taken a hit.

Can someone come and explain to this chap that a collapsed exchange rate in an import dependent country automatically divides the purchasing power of it's citizens as the prices of goods will skyrocket.

I would understand if it was a 10yr old I had to explain that to.

Pls someone should help me put this fellow through as I don't think I can make it even easier to understand.

[/b]

Very daft individuals.... Hoping on 30k stipend to survive monthly
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by ThierryJay: 5:34am On Dec 07, 2023
Eriokanmi:
How much do you think is enough to erect just one manufacturing plant? If any of those calling themselves billionaires in Nigeria should have just one of the P&G plants, he'd go bankrupt in a matter of months. They're worth billions of dollars. P&G is one of the topmost multinationals with branches in several countries of the world. Go to Oluyole Estate in Ibadan and see things.

When the raw materials sourced locally aren't there and are more expensive where available, what would they do? Those farmers supplying them the lemon used in producing vicks lemon plus according to my cousin who's one of their ogas, farmers were complaining that the chemical used in keeping the lemon green and control pests were too expensive cos of high fx rates. This complaint was constantly coming from farmers cos P&G always rejected their poor yields and the lemon was still very expensive despite this complaint. Now I believe what he said with this news. If P&G is getting their lemon cheaper and fresher from South Africa, why won't they go there? If they should embark on this course, many wouid lose their jobs and many local farmers would pack up and also send many out of jobs on their farmland

You have a good point, but apart from the fx spike impact, P&G had been having market share problems for some years now and they downsized significantly back in 2017 as a result.

Due to the higher quality of their products and resulting higher pricing, many consumers drifted to their cheaper competitors e.g Ariel vs Waw, Zip, Viva; Huggies vs molfix and other cheaper pampas; Gillette vs other cheaper blades etc.

So P&G's problem is two-pronged; a longstanding dwindling sales issue and the fx devaluation impact was the death knell. So unfortunate for Nigeria to lose such a strong brand.

It seems the homecare business in Nigeria thrives with mid-range average quality products that are affordably priced. Unilever has a similar problem with P&G in this area.
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Alwaysachick: 5:34am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

nothing else....

What of the job loss? Is it your dad that will replace them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Ondoterrorist: 5:41am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

they are no easy solutions for nigerias problems....

i just looked how much a average nuclear power plant generate the other day....around enough power for 100 000 households.... undecided undecided

that means even if we manage to go nuclear power,we will still need many of them.... undecided undecided
forget politicians promisin you things....

check the stats yourselves....

We know you
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by nams77: 5:43am On Dec 07, 2023
happney65:
You people are wailing so fast. Wait till Quarter of Next year before you know the gravity of this.

"Na statistics we go chop" so says a so called presidential candidate
The day I heard the word, "na statistics we go chop?" That was when I knew we have invited dullards to ruin this country

1 Like

Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Hotice085: 5:43am On Dec 07, 2023
Skyview01:

Fixed

Very useless import freak, junkyard dog feeding and living on imported trash
Omo jatijati surviving on owó mî dá
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Hotice085: 5:48am On Dec 07, 2023
Alwaysachick:

What of the job loss? Is it your dad that will replace them?

So if they start importation all their staff will still remain or they will create more jobs for their overseas market using our banks?

Job loss is better than economy saboteurs, anybody can import so it is better they get lost and let the job perish
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 07, 2023
Hotice085:

My very useless import freak parents, my junkyard dog father, feeding and living on imported trash
Baba mi, Omo jatijati surviving on owó mî dá

fixed
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by tsdarkside(m): 6:02am On Dec 07, 2023
Ondoterrorist:

We know you

you cant be only importin and not exportin much....

the most successful countries look for balance....
when possible even more export than import....
Re: P&G To Dissolve Ground Operations In Nigeria, Revert To An Import-only Business by Dafresh: 6:03am On Dec 07, 2023
tsdarkside:

nothing else....
And Nigerians that went to US, CANADA went there for Naira abi, you support this wickedness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dangote’s Bid To Merge Sugar, Salt, Rice Businesses Hits Brick Wall / N500b Capital Base: Capital Needed By Commercial Banks With International Spread / Photos From Razak Okoya's 78th Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.