Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now (17877 Views)

CAC To Delist Over 91,000 Companies Over Infractions / NIBSS: Stop! Or You Drown Us All / 276,852 Pos Transactions Failed On Christmas Eve —NIBSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Diamondpen(m): 10:12am On Dec 07, 2023
Mayor21:
So that means I can't recieve transfer from my Opay anymore especially from banks like UBA, Zenith, GTB e.t.c
But I can send out money from my Opay to any bank?....hmmmm

From the post, Opay and other (MFBs) are not directly affected by the policy, it's important to note that the broader financial ecosystem within which they operate could be impacted.

1 Like

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by ariesbull: 10:14am On Dec 07, 2023
These banks want to kill FinTechs ! They know that FinTechs have made banking easier and people are leaving banking for FinTechs

So they bring in fancy English
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by RepoMan007: 10:16am On Dec 07, 2023
Commonsense dictates the fintechs asked to go through licenced deposit banks come together and form a bank of their own(most likely a MFB) to circumvent the new restriction that forces rivals under one another.

1 Like

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Neoteny7: 10:37am On Dec 07, 2023
kingphilip:
Ladened with too many jargons for me to understand.

In clearer terms, can someone break it down for us?

That's the problem with these smarty-pants Nigerian bloggers and writers: they think they know English but can't write anything remotely coherent, despite the high word count. Too many words for too little sense.

4 Likes

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Skillsnigeria: 10:41am On Dec 07, 2023
Noted
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Tonytonex(m): 10:44am On Dec 07, 2023
Mayor21:
So that means I can't recieve transfer from my Opay anymore especially from banks like UBA, Zenith, GTB e.t.c

is that what it means?
Somebody should explain better
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Tonytonex(m): 10:46am On Dec 07, 2023
femu:

Opay is under Blue ridge Microfinance Bank which is affiliated with Zenith bank
you mean, Opay is not affected right? grin
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Tonytonex(m): 10:48am On Dec 07, 2023
seunlayi:
These banks want to kill FinTechs ! FinTechs have made banking easier and people. Fintech that Tinubu promised to boost.

Opay is with Blue ridge Microfinance Bank under Zenith bank.

Can't imagine the number of businesses including POS operators that will go down.
In what ever they want to do, they should make sure that nothing happens to Opay, moniepoint and Palmpay. Especially, Opay and Moniepoint.

5 Likes

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Tonytonex(m): 10:50am On Dec 07, 2023
Siberia01:
embarassed
So it actually means I can't fund my sporty or what cry
nothing concerned sporty with this.
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Cmeo(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2023
With this policy, the traditional banks may finish themselves as people will switch massively to these psb if those people raise to create their own interbank settlement like the traditional banks that created NIBSS then.

3 Likes

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by AfahaAbia(m): 11:01am On Dec 07, 2023
Mayor21:

Opay isn't affected. They are licensed

2 Likes

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by McLizbae: 11:02am On Dec 07, 2023
Bros eh no reach Kuda and Opay
Mayor21:

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by sampete(m): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2023
Is my money still safe with piggyvest so? Hope this policy no affect them too?
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by deanoffaculty: 11:13am On Dec 07, 2023
kingphilip:
Ladened with too many jargons for me to understand.

In clearer terms, can someone break it down for us?
To the layman, the quote above means that the next time you open your bank app to transfer funds, you won’t find certain financial institutions (FIs) on the destination/beneficiary bank list.

About 32 financial institutions with either super agent, switching company or payment solution service provider (PSSP) licenses will be delisted with immediate effect from the NIBSS NIP (NIBSS Instant Payments) list.

2 Likes

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by occfx: 11:13am On Dec 07, 2023
Mayor21:

Are they kidding...? This fintechs has been our savior. Nigeria is really irredeemable
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by occfx: 11:15am On Dec 07, 2023
Siberia01:
embarassed
So it actually means I can't fund my sporty or what cry

Hahaha, sporty is the only hope of the common man now
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by goldmatrix(m): 11:25am On Dec 07, 2023
I was actually scrolling down to find Opay at the other side of the regulation but not. No need for long grammar as far as Opay isn't affected.

3 Likes

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by kenrisma535(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2023
sampete:
Is my money still safe with piggyvest so? Hope this policy no affect them too?
Me too. My money is under safelpck in my PiggyVest account. And runs till 2025. I hope it wont affect my investment.
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by kenrisma535(m): 11:39am On Dec 07, 2023
How about piggybmvest users whose monies are tied down.
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by iswallker(m): 11:51am On Dec 07, 2023
inoki247:
Eh eh I no understand so dem Opay and Kuda is gone or what ...

Because I don't understand anything up dere....

It sad opay kuda palmpay etc are licensed deposit taking entities while GTB access zenith Polaris sterling zenith fidelity uba ecobank are deposit money banks therefore they are not affected ...

Again those not affected
1. Deposit money banks
2. Licensed deposit taking entities

grin

1 Like

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by NoToPile: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
Lots of Nigerians just decide not to read sha, something is right there in bold the post and peeps are still making wrong assertions and still asking about Opay.

Nawa.

1 Like

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2023
The system is good as it is...why can't they allow fintech like opay, moniepoint and palmpay send money to other banks? I suspect a dirty bank collaboration here against this fintech.....
Nigeria like making things hard for its citizen...ok they can't send out money to other banks but can receive abi?
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by DEmejioba1: 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2023
iswallker:

It sad opay kuda palmpay etc are licensed deposit taking entities while GTB access zenith Polaris sterling zenith fidelity uba ecobank are deposit money banks therefore they are not affected ...

Again those not affected
1. Deposit money banks
2. Licensed deposit taking entities

grin

Then tell us those banks or entities that are affected.
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by obaidan: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mayor21:

You should read the article,not just the title
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by WarriAproko: 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Thank God I borrow money from FairMoney am not going to pay back

1 Like

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by sammytovic(m): 3:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
With the advent of blockchain development, NIBSS service will be less rendered just like NITEL

1 Like

Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Mordecai(m): 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2023
I sincerely hope nobody is taking financial advice from a paid online propagandist.

The memo from NIBSS is nothing political and has nothing whatsoever to do with the President.

If anything, NIBSS is fighting to ensure it does not lose its position in the financial ecosystem.

Granted, there is the need for adequate protection of depositor funds by the apex bank CBN (not NIBSS, it's not their job), and the post by the op puts it in perspective.

FreeStuffsNG:
About 32 financial institutions with either super agent, switching company or payment solution service provider (PSSP) licenses will be delisted with immediate effect from the NIBSS NIP (NIBSS Instant Payments) list.

The order to delist is with immediate effect and you will not see some of them any more when you want to do outflow from your own bank account.

Why? this brilliant policy by the Asiwaju Tinubu-led administration of brilliant, competent and patriotic Nigerians serves the fundamental purpose of safeguarding customer funds by entrusting them to entities duly licensed and certified to handle such transactions.

This policy has the potential to stop the hacking and stealing of huge multibillion naira funds from accounts of innocent bank customers of the DMBs like Access bank, Fidelity bank etc then moving them into those fintechs that don't use NUBAN first before dissipating.

You can now only move funds out from those fintechs, you can no longer receive outflows from banks until you collaborate with those with the license to accept deposits.
Great job by NIBSS. May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by regenerateman(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mayor21:

Opay can partner with any bank like Wema, GTbank, Aceess bank etc and you be given a virtual account which will be used to receive transfer from open banks into open account.
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Testimony1988(m): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2023
inoki247:
Eh eh I no understand so dem Opay and Kuda is gone or what ...

Because I don't understand anything up dere....
Not really, I think Opay has a partnership with a Micro Finance bank.
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by Itsernie: 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
Mayor21:

Opay isn't listed there
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
Make sure sabotuers don't sabotage this policy and that Nigerian people don't lose their jobs. angry
Re: NIBSS Circular To Delist Financial Institutions— What Fintechs Need To Know Now by elayomohammed(m): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
Majority of the financial institutions in the list are not even popular except for the likes of Paystack and Flutterwave. All Opay, Moniepoint, Kuda and etc users, you can continue to use those service in one peace!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BVN: You Can Now Link Your First Bank Account Online / Nigerian Stock Market Has Lost N2.5 Trillion Since Buhari Won - Nairametrics / Adekoya Boladale: Nigeria Economy - Awakening The Snoring Giant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.