Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab (3255 Views)

Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says / Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? / Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by tpia5: 5:57am On Nov 03, 2011
i told u earlier I wanted to c his previous posts

ok then!!!!

ohun t'oju enyan o ri, oju oloun to.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by deols(f): 6:58am On Nov 03, 2011
tpia@:

ok then!!!!

ohun t'oju enyan o ri, oju oloun to.

of cos!!!!
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by Okijajuju1(m): 8:11am On Nov 04, 2011
deols:

I would be more concerned about the health implications if I were you. The same reason Islam prohibits it- do u wonder how Islam has something to say of every aspect of our lives??

Erm!

Now this is getting interesting.

Islam may prohibit marijuana, but did you also know that it is actually a part and parcel of other religions rituals?! Rastafarians use it and also hindus as well.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by maclatunji: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2011
@Araboy, your North Americanism gives you problems! People can talk about Hijab in the same way they talk about music, dancing or any other thing. We all have different levels of spirituality but don't try to ridicule those that are up there on a particular issue just because you are not there yet! As for hypocrisy, leave that for God to judge!
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by deols(f): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2011
Okija_juju:

Erm!

Now this is getting interesting.

Islam may prohibit marijuana, but did you also know that it is actually a part and parcel of other religions rituals?! Rastafarians use it and also hindus as well.

I find dat interesting too. dey probably need dat to get/ feel spiritual ??

I would think twice before considering such a religion- 1st, it puts me at health risk and again, dat spirituality cant be termed divine since it is by the action of a narcotic.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by Okijajuju1(m): 9:18am On Nov 04, 2011
@ Deols:: Marijuana actually has a lot of health benefits. Its prescribed by doctors for cancer patients, also for patients suggering from glycoma.

Here is something that might interest you;

Wikipedia: Anthropologist Sula Benet's evidence was confirmed in 1980 by the Hebrew Institute of Jerusalem[1] that the Holy anointing oil used by the Hebrews to anoint all priests, and later kings and prophets, contained cannabis extracts, "kaneh bosm" (קְנֵה-בֹשֶׂם), and that it is listed as an incense tree in the original Hebrew and Aramaic texts of the Old Testament.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19am On Nov 04, 2011
Wikipedia as well: Some Muslims of the Sufi order have used cannabis as a tool for spiritual exploration
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by olawalebabs(m): 10:09am On Nov 04, 2011
Okija_juju:

please don't let's abuse the anonymous this forumn confers, lets know what we say type.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by Okijajuju1(m): 10:42am On Nov 10, 2011
@ Olawalebab

I meant no disrespect sir! Look and you will see I quoted where I lifted my articles from. Take no offense at my posts, so far we have had a cordial chat and I see no reason for anyone to start getting agitated.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by deols(f): 6:30am On Jul 30, 2013
grin
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by Sissie(f): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2013
It's obvious people don't even know what the hijab means, don't know the difference between the hijab,burqa,khimar,niqab.
Not everyone that uses the hijab also use the niqab/burqa.
I get questions like that.
And comments like, Oh you can speak English.
And I get asked about heat more.
I wonder what makes people think every girl that uses the hijab was forced and is oppressed,
we refuse to become sex object.
The most important we obey Allah.
Your opinions don't count.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2013
deolfs,na waoooo
nice replies,keep it up.....
jazakallah'khairan
cheesy
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Aug 03, 2013
deols:

I would be more concerned about the health implications if I were you. The same reason Islam prohibits it- do u wonder how Islam has something to say of every aspect of our lives??

I have often wondered about this. Does Islam prohibit smoking in all forms or it allows for tobacco but not weed and its likes.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by LordReed(m): 10:04am On Aug 03, 2013
I do have to wonder where the OP is and the kind of people she/he meets on the regular. I have been encountering hijab wearers for a long time and have some as colleagues never once have I asked such silly questions neither have I heard anyone ask them. My circle of influence may not contain such silliness, let everyone be happy with what they believe.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by deols(f): 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lord_Reed: I do have to wonder where the OP is and the kind of people she/he meets on the regular. I have been encountering hijab wearers for a long time and have some as colleagues never once have I asked such silly questions neither have I heard anyone ask them. My circle of influence may not contain such silliness, let everyone be happy with what they believe.

And I have to wonder whether you read the op at all or simply jumped to post a comment.

Go back and reread what I posted.
Re: 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab by LordReed(m): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
deols:

And I have to wonder whether you read the op at all or simply jumped to post a comment.

Go back and reread what I posted.

I am not referring to you I am referring to who ever originally coined the write up or are you a he now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zakat Al-fitr: Faqs / New Converts / Sheik Muhammad Ali Jabata Lecture On Abu Anifa And His Dolal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.