Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,710 members, 7,827,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. (26798 Views)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by pansophist(m): 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2023
Love800:
Hello.
Is sweden a good place to migrate to?
What kind of jobs can i do there?

You can do any job, but the Swedish market is small, and not intense like lets say Germany. To be unemeployed and looking for even the shittiest job may be hard to come by.

The basis of your residence is everything in Sweden. So if you have a residence permit that makes you covered by the Swedish welfare system, then even if you cant find a job, you will get upkeep money until you do.

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Love800(m): 8:49pm On Dec 10, 2023
Ok
I appreciate
pansophist:

You can do any job, but the Swedish market is small, and not intense like lets say Germany. To be unemeployed and looking for even the shittiest job may be hard to come by.

The basis of your residence is everything in Sweden. So if you have a residence permit that makes you covered by the Swedish welfare system, then even if you cant find a job, you will get upkeep money until you do.

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by RPG2020(m): 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
The money wey we get no go finish ooh no be for who get 1m angry
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Prosperity4All: 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
moneyissweet:
What is different between 490k to 540k.Shey na the extra 50k go turn you to obi cubanna?

So if you leave your father land to another country and rent just an empty house without bed, cooking gas, cooking pots,plates standing fan etc for 247k. How will you survive with 293k? Are you also telling me that when you rent a house you will be sleeping on the floor?

Ok, assuming that you manage to buy some few things for the house for 100k.

How long do you think your remaining 193k will take you?.

You guys should stop encouraging and misleading people.

1 million naira only have value in Nigeria and nowhere else

I left Nigeria many years ago when Nigeria airways ticket to United Arab Emirates is just 72k. Then Nigeria and Nigerians are respected in many countries.

If dare leave Nigeria now without money,what you will experience will make you set yourself ablaze by yourself.

It's obvious you out of touch with how things roll, leaving for UAE at a time when shops like Everyday supermarket process visa on arrival to Dubai with N20k.
Yes 50k is a lot when stating facts especially in currency exchange .
You said 490k CFA can't rent a room (acting like you are speaking facts) whereas he doesn't need more than 100k CFA inclusive of agency, and other caution fees. How did you come by 247k, you didn't see 3 months there grin
Now you are jumping to another unprocessed conclusion that N1m is adequate in Nigeria, whereas in Yaba, Illupeju N800k may not get you a room as you have to pay per annum. I needn't go to island or Ikoyi that would be an over kill.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by zyphr(m): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
writeprof:

3 weeks ago, at Seme, I received 12000CFA in return for ₦20000.

I started wondering that if I gave ₦1million that is 600000CFA

That is 600cfa for 1000naira. I'm sure the price is now worse than that sef. It keeps getting worse by the day.

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Luckysbab: 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2023
zyphr:

You definitely don't have the current info on the Naira/CFa rate. 750 is the rate of at least 2 months ago. Current rate should be less than 550cfa to 1k naira.

You're funny.

It has been swinging. Couple of weeks ago, it dropped to 500, then went to 760 or so last week.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Eneye4me: 9:16pm On Dec 10, 2023
Niger or Chad will be better.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Basicend: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2023
Dey play!
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Prosperity4All: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2023
Meerahbel:
This is comforting but cannot be same for places in Nigeria.
Nigeria is gone to the Jackals.
First it was Internat Fraudsters, then Sea pirates/ Omonile, then Bokoharam then Kidnapping but the father of them all, the Corrupt Politicians they control the earlier miscreants. They are the reason why nothing good will come forth from Nigeria. Even Abacha days was far far better than what Nigeria is today. A laughing stock of the world.
Just like the western countries I have been opportuned to live, in Bénin you can move round the country without seeing a Police man carrying a gun except when you approach any of her borders. Police you see at some busy intersection don't carry guns nor do stop and search.

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Fearyourcreator: 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
UptownVibes:
Didn't I say they don't travel? I said wish other countries will start rejecting them.. So no dey let your brain dey reason offkey oga
Read your first sentence here .. to what you replied .. baba oni off key
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Prosperity4All: 10:10pm On Dec 10, 2023
writeprof:

The lack of fear at night is one thing that surprised me in Benin Republic. We saw a grandma in her 70s off to take bike from Calavi to Cotonou around 12 midnight, the roads were busy and I was wondering comparing it to Nigeria. This was last month.
There was a time when it was like that in Nigeria. As university students lots of us used to travel in the night for cheaper transport. In fact late 90s it's from 10pm I and my guys start rolling in Lagos. I remember a Printer delivering wedding programme at my cousin's house in Jakande estate as late as 2am for a wedding by 9am. He kept he was coming that he held up with other engagements at the Island. As recent as 2001, I enter Edo state from Lagos by 12 midnight and head to Ekewan road from Iyaro. During this period the only miscreants carrying guns you were afraid of naa police.
Nigeria should ordinarily be the Tourism headquarters of the world. The experience of cultural diversity from Warri to Port-Harcourt to Calabar (God bless Donald Duke) to Okene to Kaduna is so much and you haven't even experienced one-tenth of the culture and not even talking of places (tourist attraction) to visit in any of these locations.
But Nigeria has lost its glory to cultism and corruption. Wipe out these two and see the Giant God created in the geographical Landmass. Blessed with everything.
We need a very Strong uncompromised leader to achieve that. Can you imagine Tinubu begging multinationals not to leave Nigeria, which Nigerian president ever did that. The number one destination in Africa for investors.
In the absence of a Strong uncompromised leader only a revolution will wipeout cultism and corruption to restore the Glory of God's own country.

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Prosperity4All: 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2023
Luckysbab:

You're funny.

It has been swinging. Couple of weeks ago, it dropped to 500, then went to 760 or so last week.
Not true.
It's being below 560 steadily for past 3 weeks. I'm in Exchange.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Princewell2012(m): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
jaksmillioniar:
Cococandy help uve been living abroad for over 10yrs yet u cant count 1 person dat u take abroad. Wat a life of wickedness if u can help why cant u shared wat u know
LOL. Those ones are worst they will even discouraged you from traveling.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Princewell2012(m): 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
chidooh1:
1m can take you as far as Libya but remember you are on transit eying Europe. This is for rugged husslers and determined beings ready to face any condition. You still need to do some menial hussle in a short while and proceed to Italy or somewhere else based on your calculations.
Travelling to Libya by road or air
So let's start from there
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Princewell2012(m): 10:42pm On Dec 10, 2023
MrCork:

Yess brother: u can enter malawi, Zimbabwe, togo, uganda or north replabic of east congo sir!!(no oofencse) angry
Hmm I was surprised when a woman from Uganda came to buy stuffs she was selling from Eko idumota. Nigeria would have been great if we have a God fearing leaders.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by djkirkoo2(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
Unclebayo:
I believe you’ve never leave the shore of Nigeria for once, life in Benin republic is not as easy as you heard, things are expensive, there are no jobs, limited business growth because of under population e.t.c. Abeg shey na good road Abi stable electricity we won chop?
so you don't know that with stable electricity, the high cost of living would be eradicated?
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Princewell2012(m): 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
writeprof:

The lack of fear at night is one thing that surprised me in Benin Republic. We saw a grandma in her 70s off to take bike from Calavi to Cotonou around 12 midnight, the roads were busy and I was wondering comparing it to Nigeria. This was last month.
I traveled to benin since last 17 years ago before I married, you don't know the difference between day and night, how do I come to know this, the guy I went to see was not around so after waited for so long to no avail and it was already late in the night, I was ashamed somehow so I decided to take a stroll beleive me the whole street was bobblin in the night enjoyment everywhere people selling food at each corner their streets was beautiful, white people moving around without fear unless you look at your watch before you know it was very late.
This should be more than twenty years ago now compare it to now. They would have advanced more.

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Fgwa: 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Please let us be pragmatic on this topic.
I need seasoned tourists and travel agents to throw more light on this.
Is it possible especially for a common man ?
Yes!
Chad
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Luckysbab: 11:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
Prosperity4All:

Not true.
It's being below 560 steadily for past 3 weeks. I'm in Exchange.

https://abokiforex.app/cfa-xof-to-naira-black-market
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by enemyofprogress: 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2023
To Ghana, Togo, cotonoue, Niger Republic, Cameron and other African countries, like Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by cococandy(f): 12:15am On Dec 11, 2023
Princewell2012:

LOL. Those ones are worst they will even discouraged you from traveling.

Who have you seen me discourage from traveling?
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by rawlineo2000(m): 12:50am On Dec 11, 2023
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Gambit001: 2:44am On Dec 11, 2023
pansophist:

Please ask here, so others can learn. It is anonymous anyways.
Great, thank you. A friend of mine just wrote and passed her RN (thank God) and is already looking forward to and planning to leave the the country within the coming year or two. I was wondering if you could enlighten me on which country's the best for her and how she could go about japaing in a smart manner.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Blessedpalms: 5:31am On Dec 11, 2023
What will you be eating when you get there
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Teymanhenry(f): 6:19am On Dec 11, 2023
I'll advise you to go online to book a flight. Then you'll see how much it'll cost you to your very destination.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Kachidubem: 6:19am On Dec 11, 2023
Meerahbel:
You see that story all Nigerian parents from 60 years above tells their kids/grandkids --- in the 70s, the Naira was more than the dollar, there was no need to travel out, a carton of gulder was 1 naira 80 kobo, i bought my 1st Beetle car from Volkswagen it came nylon wrapped encased in a wooden box, we were sending money to our friends in England etc if i had known that the military and bad politicians would ruin this country i would have not stayed back....

and you as the child go come they imagine say your life for better like say you papa been travel that year o!

Young adults of today dont want to tell that story in the next 30 years !

People are eager to leave now not to tell their children such pathetic story, even if things dont work out (God forbid) at least it would be on record that they tried in their prime.

Alternative question, why aren't Nigerians desperate enough to leave this country? I still think too many of us are so comfortable with this nonsesnse, myself included.

2 reasons .

Not everyone in Nigeria is suffering and facing serious hardship like you do.

Secondly , Lagos to UK is no longer #20 naira like in the 90s.

1 Like

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by HighTableVoice: 7:02am On Dec 11, 2023
It can
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by Prosperity4All: 8:23am On Dec 11, 2023
Luckysbab:

https://abokiforex.app/cfa-xof-to-naira-black-market

LOL. Now you will know that not everything you find on the internet is correct. You were basing your argument on some lazy blogger who doesn't know jack about Forex.
It's 1000 CFA to N1,760 he meant to write and not 1cfa to N1,760
But we were talking N1000 to 550 CFA
Note that on a daily unlike USD : Naira pair, two rates are established for the Naira:XOF pair, one is from Naira to CFA and another from CFA to Naira.

Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by caracas: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2023
MrNovo:

You have said nothing other than announcing you have a Babe. So congrats, big achievement.
You want to base your counter argument off the report of a student. Why not take a trip. It won't even cost you N150k for a week vacation then you have a proper basis to compare living between the 2 countries
You have displayed how shallow you reason… just a little more reasoning would have helped you realize I go to visit my babe in school occasionally cos what’s the point of mentioning her if not that.. So for your info I have been going to benin republic steadily for the past 2years now , so am talking from first hand experience.
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by LoveJesus87(m): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2023
nairamaniac:
Yes 1 Million naira can.do the Job.
Just budget that 1m for feeding, and buying of Pain Killers. Cos you would have occasional legpains while embacking on trecking to the country of your choice from Nigeria.
Lmao this is all shades of SAVAVGE🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by yahoodetector: 10:10am On Dec 11, 2023
TheTraveler:

Real matters, but still I rather remain here and build up my fund to afford better country.

Build up your funds that inflation and high cost of petrol will swallow?

Dey play you hear
Re: Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. by yahoodetector: 10:12am On Dec 11, 2023
Unclebayo:
Una go just open mouth waaaaa, If you travel to other African(black) countries, you’ll realize Nigeria is really doing well than those hell.

Shut up!

Angola, Rwanda, Namibia, Kenya, Mozambique just to mention a few are doing far more better than your useless Nigeria.

You don't watch foreign documentaries on African Development but African Magic Yoruba movies that's why you don't realize this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Northern Cities Every Nigerian Should Visit / Is It Only Those That Did Science Related Courses That Get Jobs Abroad? / Top 10 Vacation Destinations And Attractions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.