Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy (12383 Views)

Newly Completed Phase Of Ariaria International Market With Lift & AC Added (Pic) / Fire Razes Samek Line at Ariaria, Aba (Video, Photos) / Restoring The Lost Glory At Ariaria International Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by adamusuleiman1: 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
According to Twitter influencer and Pastor Okezie J Atani:

Traders at the Ariaria International Market, Aba, Abia state protesting the imposition of 21k on every shop by the leadership of the market.

The "SARS" unit of the @PoliceNG was used to lock some shops, which angered the entire traders, leading to everyone shuttering their own shops in solidarity.

Surely @AishaYesufu and @obyezeks would rise up against this brazen use of force by agents of Alex Otti.

They said he's using the same thugs Okezie Ikpeazu used, they just swapped their PDP uniform to LP.( I have always been saying it) I'm sure Peter Obi would be so touched by this injustice against these traders in this trying time.

Especially with the IPOB ESN burden we have to live with.

I was saying this for as long as I can remember that the AGBEROs in Aba just changed their uniform and name from PDP to LP,most of you didn't want to hear.....

Shebi govt isn't rocket science ba...

13 Likes

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by LeoDeKing: 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
Abia state?

I thought Abia state is being governed by Elu P governor. angry

Anyway, lemme keep quiet before pitobi people start crying inside my mention. undecided

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by MEEVEET: 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2023
Why would a market leadership be collecting tax in ariaria market

Any where you see bottle next know corruption is breeding there strongly

What would it take to give every shop a bar code
They pay directly from the bar code link

Once tax pepole come thay just scan the bar code of every shop

A simple app can tell them who have paid and who haven't paid

All this are forms of corruption

Ariaria has more than 50,000 shops some estimate say 200,000 shops

Say we do 100,000 every shop should pay a minimum tax of 300k per year. .. That's over 30 billion from this market alone

13 Likes

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by jmoore(m): 3:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
Adamu Suleiman has not created any thread about bokoharam, iswap and bandits giving violent promo in the north but he is creating thread about southeast.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by Justiceleague1: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Abia state?

Anyway, lemme keep quiet before pitobi people start crying inside my mention. undecided

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by SensetionalGoal(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Abia state?

Get out! You are not needed here...
See as you rush come type as you hear Abia are you from Abia state why are you crying more than the bereaved

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by A4alpha: 4:15pm On Dec 08, 2023
Fake news!!
Agbado news grin
Protest yet no placard and standing facing a speaker perhaps normal weekday prayers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by hopeforcharles(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Abia state?

. Oga it’s the market Union that is charging that not the government

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by Bliss52: 4:27pm On Dec 08, 2023
Dis organised
Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by seborrhic: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2023
MEEVEET:

Ariaria has more than 50,000 shops some estimate say 200,000 shops
Here we go again!
Do u know what 50,000 shops look like and the expanse of land it will take to occupy 50k shops?
Do you even know what 10k shops look like?
I always say Nigerians like throwing figures in the air without thought.
Even if you say there are 50,000 human traders in Ariaria I doubt.Then you are here talking of 10k,not to mention 50k shops.
Ariaria may have anywhere between 2k-3k shops at most and that's being generous.
For you to have a better understanding of how to arrive at a reasonable figure,do this:how many streets constitute Ariaria market or better put what's the total area of Ariaria market and using the smallest shop size,how many shops can fit into that area.
Stop throwing up arbitrary, exaggerated figures.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by fergie001: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2023
seborrhic:
2k or 3k shops in Ariaria?

I lived there for some months close to a decade ago, unless some shops have been taken down, it was almost double your figures as at that time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by femisplash: 4:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
But we were told that SE Governors do not tax their citizens, they don't burden them with IGR, only SW tax theiq citizen to generate IGR.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by raskymonojendor: 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
jmoore:
Adamu Suleiman has not created any thread about bokoharam, iswap and bandits giving violent promo in the north but he is creating thread about southeast.

You can do that as well nah.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by optionalY09: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
See how they developed the market like spain. Wow! developers

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by seborrhic: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
fergie001:

2k or 3k shops in Ariaria?

I lived there for some months close to a decade ago, unless some shops have been taken down, it was almost double your figures as at that time.
Oga,I have been to Ariaria.
That time too on the surface your figure would look possible,but when you take your time to look critically at it,you would realise it's highly exaggerated.
One line from one end to another has at most 50 shops.Maximum 50 lines from the beginning to end=250 shops.Inside the main cluster itself give or take 500-1000 shops.
To give u another practical idea:you can walk through the whole of Ariaria in 2hours.10k shops cannot make you achieve that.
That's by the side anyway.
Ariaria is one fun place to go to because that is one market that has everything you need in one demarcated zone,from electronics to shoes,bags, glasses,gift items etc.
It's like one huge shopping mall.
We even used to go there sometimes just for trips moving from one section to another.
Assuming all the Abia State governments had had foresight,by now Ariaria would have been one huge manufacturing,production and commercial hob for not only the entire Nigerian market,but export.
Aba itself is one fun place and it's only people that have not visited states outside of their abode that wouldn't know that Nigeria is one large fun enterprise with places to visit and do whatever business or you are into.
Honestly,staying in places like Lagos and Abuja deprives one of the wonderland that is Nigeria,but being ruined by politicians.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by yarimo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2023
Foolish people why complaining isn't ABIA state governor ALEX OTTI a labour party member

16 Likes

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by raskymonojendor: 6:04pm On Dec 08, 2023
When it happens in the south east.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by jmoore(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
seborrhic:

Oga,I have been to Ariaria.
That time too on the surface your figure would look possible,but when you take your time to look critically at it,you would realise it's highly exaggerated.
One line from one end to another has at most 50 shops.Maximum 50 lines from the beginning to end=250 shops.Inside the main cluster itself give or take 500-1000 shops.
To give u another practical idea:you can walk through the whole of Ariaria in 2hours.10k shops cannot make you achieve that.
Saying that Ariaria market is 2,000-3,000 shops is funny. While the other dude exaggerated it, you dropped low figures.
Our family have shops in Ariaria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by Bobloco: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
yarimo:
Foolish people why complaining isn't ABIA state governor ALEX OTTI a labour party member

Why are you dragging the governor into this

Didn't you read where it was stated that the leadership of the market is responsible for the increment

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by seborrhic: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2023
jmoore:
Saying that Ariaria market is 2,000-3,000 shops is funny. While the other dude exaggerated it, you dropped low figures.
Ok.
There is an estimate I just googled that there are 37,000 shops!But it occupies 3 LGAs!!
I still doubt,unless the area I have known as Ariaria market extends beyond what I used to know,but there it is.

2 Likes

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by Maize247(f): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
That's very good. SE people lack the culture of paying tax and that's why l laugh anytime they claim they develop Lagos State.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by TimeMachine2: 7:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
They are extremely primitive to partake in any social engagements hence they hate the idea of paying tax except when they are forced to do so.

Maize247:
That's very good. SE people lack the culture of paying tax and that's why l laugh anytime they claim they develop Lagos State.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by waledeji(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
jmoore:

9 Likes

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by emperor4love(m): 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
jmoore:
Lol ariaria fit reach 30 to 40k bro, ekulu and others are included ooh enyimba as well,seem you not been to ariaria shaa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by id4sho(m): 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
seborrhic:

Here we go again!
Do u know what 50,000 shops look like and the expanse of land it will take to occupy 50k shops?
Do you even know what 10k shops look like?
I always say Nigerians like throwing figures in the air without thought.
Even if you say there are 50,000 human traders in Ariaria I doubt.Then you are here talking of 10k,not to mention 50k shops.
Ariaria may have anywhere between 2k-3k shops at most and that's being generous.
For you to have a better understanding of how to arrive at a reasonable figure,do this:how many streets constitute Ariaria market or better put what's the total area of Ariaria market and using the smallest shop size,how many shops can fit into that area.
Stop throwing up arbitrary, exaggerated figures.
They are coming for your head
Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by TUANKU(m): 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Abia state?

You be real mumu. The new fee was imposed by the market leadership and not the state governor/government.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by VEHINTOLAR: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
These village dwellers from Alaigbo should stop abusing the word "International" already ! What is "International" about the structures in that shitty environment ? One of them here is even making a claim that there are 200,000 shops in that rusty,dusty,shitty environment but one begins to wonder if the whole of tiny Alaigbo is even big enough to contain or house a thousand shop,lol !

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by OkayDaddy: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2023
adamusuleiman1:
According to Twitter influencer and Pastor Okezie J Atani:
They said he's using the same thugs Okezie Ikpeazu used, they just swapped their PDP uniform to LP.( I have always been saying it) I'm sure Peter Obi would be so touched by this injustice against these traders in this trying time.

Especially with the IPOB ESN burden we have to live with.

Videos:
https://twitter.com/ONsogbu/status/1732832803329306805?t=bEt3BomokzxXEvmHh8YxEg&s=19

These guys lack foresight. When IPOB UGM came into Ariaria market last year, they were openly cheering these criminals. Today, they are crying over Ipob Esn. The evil they supported last year, they must suffer the consequences.

Billionaires dey cry over 21K. grin

Alexander Otti, you must collect that money.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by Jokerman(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
So dem never do this Ariaria market Road since Ochendo global regime?😬

1 Like

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by Difrent: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
jmoore:

Shame on you.
If you have any sense you will delete this trash.

7 Likes

Re: Traders At Ariaria International Market Protes Against ₦‎21,000 Levy by adecz: 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
Since APC & Kyari have killed the
Petroleum industry, governors are
no longer getting the quantity of money
they are used to getting.

As governors eyes red, they are turning
on the long suffering citizens to tax and
impose all types of taxes and levies..

Yet Tinubu is busy buying luxury vehicles
for legislators, his wife and family members.

Na only soja boys fit deliver us from
these satanic bloodsuckers❗️❗️😐😐😐

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gtbank Emerges Nigeria’s 2017 Bank Of The Year / Nigeria To Lose More In UK Listing Of Naira—fsdh / The Difference Between Limited & Enterprise Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.