Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This (3947 Views)

2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest —Hon. Ajayi / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / I Must Commend Buhari On The Quality Of Enugu - Onisha Express Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by TokunboCarsOnly: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2023
Sincerely, I am not a fan of President Tinubu and I am not sure I will ever be. To begin with his government remains the worst in our history. But there is one thing I must commend him for. Tinubu is not leaving Igbo people out in his appointments. The eleven justices shortlisted for SC promotion, the Igbos got three slot, that to me is commendable.

Politics aside, he has impressed me when it comes to displaying a level respect for federal character unlike Buhari who didn't give a damn about anybody except his Fulani brothers and sisters.

Well done President Tinubu.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by SadiqBabaSani: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nonsense deceit.

This is how you know an artificial country, talking of something that ouught not to be seen as a favor as if it is.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Bliss52: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2023
Tinubu ACN has a whole Igbo branch in Lagos, Tinubu has absolutely nothing against IBo

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by SalamRushdie: 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2023
So because he gave your kinsman appointment he is now a good man , how willl the appointment help bring down the crazy inflation and insecurity in South East

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Sevenworldpower(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:
Sincerely, I am not a fan of President Tinubu and I am not sure I will ever be. To begin with his government remains the worst in our history. But there is one thing I must commend him for. Tinubu is not leaving Igbo people out in his appointments. The eleven justices shortlisted for SC promotion, the Igbos got three slot, that to me is commendable.

Politics aside, he has impressed me when it comes to displaying a level respect for federal character unlike Buhari who didn't give a damn about anybody except his Fulani brothers and sisters.

I leant he is being strict with Federal Character Commission.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by MEEVEET: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:

Oga that's the law he can't leave igbos out even if he wants to

Every zone must be represented... South East currently have zero supreme Court judges

The law maintains that each zone must have 3 supreme Court judges

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2023
You people are too funny.

Is like saying that Tinubu help or favor Igbo by Ngozi Okonjo Becoming WTO DG.

Do you know what is call merit? The position you listed up are supposed to be purely on merit and there is a clearly lay down guide lines to becoming SC judge.

I am not implying that Tinubu is favoring or not favoring any region, but the example you use doesn't add up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by 5saf5111: 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
Bliss52:
Tinubu ACN has a whole Igbo branch in Lagos, Tinubu has absolutely nothing against IBo
mohammed safiu Oyedele is that why you raped your nephew and mother
confess now because I have your pictures and videos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Chiefpriestt: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Mumu talk

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by femisplash: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2023
nnewsnjobs:
You people are too funny.

Is like saying that Tinubu help or favor Igbo by Ngozi Okonjo Becoming WTO DG.

Do you know what is call merit? The position you listed up are supposed to be purely on merit and there is a clearly lay down guide lines to becoming SC judge.

I am not implying that Tinubu is favoring or not favoring any region, bug the example you use doesn't add up.
So you think Okonjo got WTO by merit?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2023
femisplash:

So you think Okonjo got WTO by merit?

No, not at all.

Buhari and Tinubu join hands to put her there.

You think that position is for a dunce. Before the politics for that position even start, you must be eminently qualified for that post.

You think it is easy to allow a black woman to be in that position. She was fully qualify and merited that position aside the politics behind the scene.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by optionalY09: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:

He’s doing his job as Nigerian president not Fulani or Yoruba president. Let him do the job he applied for he didn’t need you to pat him in the back. He’s good at what he does.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by LooneyLester: 5:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Forking retards everywhere on this Stoopid site

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by femisplash: 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

No, not at all.

Buhari and Tinubu join hands to put her there.

You think that position is for a dunce. Before the politics for that position even start, you must be eminently qualified for that post.

You think it is easy to allow a black woman to be in that position. She was fully qualify and merited that position aside the politics behind the scene.
How did she merit it without the heavy polictiking?. Did Okonjo ever had any global trading experience?.. does her CV has anything related to global trading?. There were about 6 candidates eminently qualified based off on CVs and were top officials in WTO, some were directors already. Okonjo was a complete stranger coming into an unchartered territory. Thanks to Buhari and then Biden, as you know Trump rejected her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 6:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
femisplash:

How did she merit it without the heavy polictiking?. Did Okonjo ever had any global trading experience?.. does her CV had anything related to global trading?. There were about 6 candidates eminently qualified based off on CVs and were top officials in WTO, some were directors already. Okonjo was a complete stranger coming into an unchartered territory. Thanks to Buhari and then Biden, as you know Trump rejected her.

Ok Sir.

So you means the trading experience she had in Onitsha main market doesn't count.

NOI with a very strong CV and experience was eminently qualified for that position. The post of WTO DG is not meant for existing staffs only, somebody with vast international experience can also apply and if found suitable, the job will be given to the person. That woman is highly rate globally.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by femisplash: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Ok Sir.

So you means the trading experience she had in Onitsha main market doesn't count.

NOI with a very strong CV and experience was eminently qualified for that position. The post of WTO DG is not meant for existing staffs only, somebody with vast international experience can also apply and if found suitable, the job will be given to the person. That woman is highly rate globally.
International exeperience?, ok. Which int'l trading experience did she have?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Godfullsam(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Ok Sir.

WTO DG is not a position any individual can easily get without supports from some strong individuals in the country o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by olaolaking: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Ok Sir.

In the first place, Nigeria nominated Madam Ngozi. A northerner was already nominated but the FG later withdrew him and replaced him with madam NOI. The FG push for her to win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by THEGALADIMA(m): 7:31pm On Dec 08, 2023
C'mon why publicly reveal the photos of the Baby and Mother.
Why did you make this post in the first instance.

5saf5111:
mohammed safiu Oyedele is that why you raped your nephew and mother
confess now because I have your pictures and videos
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Whalis: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nothing impresses me in Tinubu government other than throwing to the Atlantic key to Emefiele gaol.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Rahkman: 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
olaolaking:
In the first place, Nigeria nominated Madam Ngozi. A northerner was already nominated but the FG later withdrew him and replaced him with madam NOI. The FG push for her to win
why not nominate kemi adesoun ...for the position since its by political support to head a world trade organization 🤡🤡
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by DeadCountry: 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:

Nama brain. Little nonsense pleases little brains like you fools. What happens to Biafrans going their own way and managing their affairs by themselves. Who is tinubu or buhari to dictate how we in Biafraland live?
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by UptownVibes(m): 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2023
Op na agbadorian looking for attention..
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Bobloco: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:

You mean you are commending Tinubu for appointing supreme court justices from the south east which is constitutionally required

Wonderful
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2023
femisplash:

International exeperience?, ok. Which int'l trading experience did she have?

Lol, she didn't merit it but Buhari push her there. You think WTO job is quota system job that is practice in Nigeria.

The truth is if she didn't have the experience, she wouldn't have gotten the job. And since she got the job, have you heard any scandal or non performance about her on the job. That is experience plus competency in action.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2023
Godfullsam:

WTO DG is not a position any individual can easily get without supports from some strong individuals in the country o.
Noted Sir.
But you can't take an inexperienced individual there and expect the person to win. NOI is a rare gem.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2023
olaolaking:
The person Nigerian government withdraw was because they know that he stands no ground concerning the job. The government was pushing that man for the job, so when they discovered that NOI has applied for the job and she stands a better chance than the other quota system man, the Nigerian government has no choice than to withdraw the man and support who know road. My brother, even Nigerian government dey follow who know road!
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by KenOne: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
Op tell yourself the truth. Supreme court Judges are appointed base on regional quotas. Tinubu's appointment is skewed and similar to that of Buhari if not worse.

Buhari's appointments were skewed towards the 3 Northern region North-West, North-East and North-Central to an extent.

But Tinubu's appointment is South-West only.

Make una enjoy una Yoruba government las las everybody go dey alright. And i am sure when the table turns after Tinubu's administration the South-West will be the first to complain.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Splashme: 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
Nonsense post
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Splashme: 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:

I am not Ibo, but this OP is just ignorant.

First, all geo-political zones have their quotas to fill in the Supreme Court. This is about the law/Constitution and not about Tinubu loving Ibos. Chai, ignorance is a bad thing.

When former Supreme Court Justice Datijo was retiring, he lamented bitterly about the current Yoruba CJN deliberately not allowing South East to fill their quota despite the fact that many Ibo Supreme Court judges had retired in the last few years creating a vacuum.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by banku: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2023
Federal character, morality, law and order or not, Fulani and Igbo so not give a hoot.

It is Yoruba that protest and hala if Yoruba leader is unfair to other ethnic groups.

Anyone trying to please Igbo is wasting his time. It is the same Tinubu ACN Igbo in NPN allied with to overthrow Yoruba lady Speaker despite President Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan directive as NPN members.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Catapault: 2:08am On Dec 09, 2023
Tinubu is too sophisticated a politician to be brazenly ethnic in his appointments.

Or to engage in lopsided appointments. smiley

He's a very different customer from Muhammadu Buhari.

He's just smarter than Buhari, and that smartness will lead to his improving the economy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Lied! Buhari Will Not Speak At Chatham House / See President Putin Tweet About Biafra / Great/Famous Women From Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.