Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This (3962 Views)

2023 Presidency: We Don’t Know About Tinubu But Fayemi Must Contest β€”Hon. Ajayi / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / I Must Commend Buhari On The Quality Of Enugu - Onisha Express Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by LeonSaab: 2:35am On Dec 09, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Nonsense deceit.

This is how you know an artificial country, talking of something that ouught not to be seen as a favor as if it is.

lol if they sideline you now you will start crying.....shebi during g Jonas time the minister for state for Lagos he chose an igbo man and we kept quite.....the id!iot thought we forgot and started begging our Obas left and right when election period rolled around four years later.......

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by LeonSaab: 2:40am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:
You people are too funny.

Is like saying that Tinubu help or favor Igbo by Ngozi Okonjo Becoming WTO DG.

Do you know what is call merit? The position you listed up are supposed to be purely on merit and there is a clearly lay down guide lines to becoming SC judge.

I am not implying that Tinubu is favoring or not favoring any region, but the example you use doesn't add up.
lol....he could as well not sign them up.....the NJC is to suggest and screen, his is to sign and ratify if he refuses shey na you go force am? After all the Supreme Court has been running with less than the total number for a while.........the worst that will happen is people will shout and that will be the end
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by LeonSaab: 2:45am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

No, not at all.

Buhari and Tinubu join hands to put her there.

You think that position is for a dunce. Before the politics for that position even start, you must be eminently qualified for that post.

You think it is easy to allow a black woman to be in that position. She was fully qualify and merited that position aside the politics behind the scene.
lol if you don't know say you don't know......they don't just call you for such a position......your country has to nominate you and then the board votes on candidates through multiple rounds until one candidate is left.....to get to the end requires extreme lobbying on the part of a candidates government......merit has very little to do with it outside of been fit to do the job once accepted......so yes you can say Buhari and the APC government by extension tried very hard for her to get that job......
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by BitterTruth0001: 2:57am On Dec 09, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:
Sincerely, I am not a fan of President Tinubu and I am not sure I will ever be. To begin with his government remains the worst in our history. But there is one thing I must commend him for. Tinubu is not leaving Igbo people out in his appointments. The eleven justices shortlisted for SC promotion, the Igbos got three slot, that to me is commendable.

Politics aside, he has impressed me when it comes to displaying a level respect for federal character unlike Buhari who didn't give a damn about anybody except his Fulani brothers and sisters.

Well done President Tinubu.

Illiterate
The NJC is responsible for staffing , promotion and careers of the honourable justices .

The president can only approve what is ranked before him

These are separate arms of government

Illiterate!
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Godfullsam(m): 5:15am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Noted Sir.
But you can't take an inexperienced individual there and expect the person to win. NOI is a rare gem.

Yes of course
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 7:09am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol....he could as well not sign them up.....the NJC is to suggest and screen, his is to sign and ratify if he refuses shey na you go force am? After all the Supreme Court has been running with less than the total number for a while.........the worst that will happen is people will shout and that will be the end

Still the banana republic kind of leadership that you are portraying up there. What on earth will make him not to sign? Because of nepotism and tribalism. Until we start doing the right thing, this country will not change.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:11am On Dec 09, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Nonsense deceit.

This is how you know an artificial country, talking of something that ouught not to be seen as a favor as if it is.

But you know the bigot called Obi would have apooibted nearly all Igbos to supreme court justices
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by dododawa1: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2023
Rubbish

Gas 1k

Bread 1k

Rice 4k

Pure water 250

Garri 2k

You are talking of appointment
Rubbish.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2023
SalamRushdie:
So because he gave your kinsman appointment he is now a good man , how willl the appointment help bring down the crazy inflation and insecurity in South East

1. Obi the bigot woukd never have given such apointement to other tribes.
2. Tinubu is a good man and has always been. He gave many apointemnts to other tribes including ungrateful Igbos when he was governor
3. The inflations is as a result of floatinf the Naira and the removal of subsidy. Try and read a little about economics so that you may stop disgracing yourself onnsocial media
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2023
MEEVEET:

Oga that's the law he can't leave igbos out even if he wants to

Every zone must be represented... South East currently have zero supreme Court judges

The law maintains that each zone must have 3 supreme Court judges

Would the bigot called Obi have followed the law if he was in a position to appoint SC juctices?
1. Same Obi that apointed and Igbo man as campaign manager is Sokoto state
2. Same bigot Obi that was deporting northwrners out of Anambra while he qas governor
3. Same Obi that was sacking non Anambra Igbos frpm Anambra state civil service
4. Same Obi that has no aingle Hausa or Yoruba friend

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 7:19am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol if you don't know say you don't know......they don't just call you for such a position......your country has to nominate you and then the board votes on candidates through multiple rounds until one candidate is left.....to get to the end requires extreme lobbying on the part of a candidates government......merit has very little to do with it outside of been fit to do the job once accepted......so yes you can say Buhari and the APC government by extension tried very hard for her to get that job......

What happened was that when the position was pushing Nigerian government rush to push the quota system of a man forward as usual. So when they saw that NOI has applied for the job and she stands a better chance because of her experience, the Nigerian government has no choice than to withdraw the other man and throw their support behind NOI.
The position is not by politics and lobbying along as you mentioned up there, lobbying and politics is involved but not playing greater role as you mentioned, if not Nigeria will not stand a chance to be in that role when we are not in G20, BRICS and other powerful organization, remember Africa has about 3 candidate in that process so AU vote was splinted. Nigerian government tried by following who know road in that process.
That's all.
Thank you Sir.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Do you know what is call merit? The position you listed up are supposed to be purely on merit and there is a clearly lay down guide lines to becoming SC judge.

I am not implying that Tinubu is favoring or not favoring any region, but the example you use doesn't add up.

Helping IIGB0S is a very dangerous thing because they are never greatwful. It was Buhari that helped Ngozi Okonjo-Iwela because she wasn't the only person qualified for the position
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:24am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

No, not at all.

Buhari and Tinubu join hands to put her there.

You think that position is for a dunce. Before the politics for that position even start, you must be eminently qualified for that post.

You think it is easy to allow a black woman to be in that position. She was fully qualify and merited that position aside the politics behind the scene.

Why are IIGB0S always ungrateful.

It was Buhari that helped Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as there were other equally qualified people for the job. Buhari played the politics and even wrote to the UN and President of America.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:29am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Ok Sir.

So you means the trading experience she had in Onitsha main market doesn't count.

NOI with a very strong CV and experience was eminently qualified for that position. The post of WTO DG is not meant for existing staffs only, somebody with vast international experience can also apply and if found suitable, the job will be given to the person. That woman is highly rate globally.

femisplash told you the plain truth but you hate accept the truth. Buhari played heavy politics before Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerged as there were other candidates more qualified than her.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:37am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
lol if they sideline you now you will start crying.....shebi during g Jonas time the minister for state for Lagos he chose an igbo man and we kept quite.....the id!iot thought we forgot and started begging our Obas left and right when election period rolled around four years later.......

No wonder he was called Jonathan.

Why woukd he pick an Igbo man to represent Lagos state
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2023
numericalguy:

Why are IIGB0S always ungrateful.

It was Buhari that helped Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as there were other equally qualified people for the job. Buhari played the politics and even wrote to the UN and President of America.
So I am Igbo?
Any one supporting and saying the truth is Igbo.
Did you see anywhere in my writing that I said Buhari didn't support NOI? But the truth is that Buhari was only following who know road (NOI).

I can see that you hate anything Igbo and na that hate go kill you.

I am a full fledged Niger Delta but you claim am Igbo because am telling you the plain truth.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:

Very true.. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala ows her position to Buhari and the APC and Igbos cannot rewrite that history.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:44am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

So I am Igbo?
Any one supporting and saying the truth is Igbo.
Did you see anywhere in my writing that I said Buhari didn't support NOI? But the truth is that Buhari was only following who know road (NOI).

I can see that you hate anything Igbo and na that hate go kill you.

I am a full fledged Niger Delta but you claim am Igbo because am telling you the plain truth.

It is too late to change history. I know you people hate Buhari but we will not allow you to change history.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iwela was one of the least qualified for the job but for the intense lobying of Buhari and the APC. Buhari wrote to the UN and the president of America on her behalf. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwela evwn came out to thank Buhari and even went as far as snapping pictures with the twhn president as a ahow of apreciation.

Do not allow hatred for Buhari to becloud your reasoning.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:
Sincerely, I am not a fan of President Tinubu and I am not sure I will ever be. To begin with his government remains the worst in our history. But there is one thing I must commend him for. Tinubu is not leaving Igbo people out in his appointments. The eleven justices shortlisted for SC promotion, the Igbos got three slot, that to me is commendable.

Politics aside, he has impressed me when it comes to displaying a level respect for federal character unlike Buhari who didn't give a damn about anybody except his Fulani brothers and sisters.

What yardsticks are you using to measure Tinubu's government for you declare it as the worst in our history.

There is no one in the world who can turn around the country at the twinkle or an eye. The policies of this present government is already begining to show a positive change but IPOB cannibals hate to accept that we are begining to have a positive change.

Tinubu has his challenges but at least the economy is responding to his policies.
1.The Nigerian Stock Market is up 34.11%.
2.Our GDP is up 2.54%.
3. Oil production is up 13.40%.
4. Balance of trade is now in surplus to the time of over 52%, which is the highest in five years.
5. And most importantly, Peter Obi and Arise Peoples Party's lies are also up 100%!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by KillahPriest: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:

is he doing anybody a favor by appointing igbo justices ? You people have buried the bar a thousand feet below the Earth's crust and that's why you grab at every single thing and tell Nigerians to celebrate. Whether you're Tinubu's fan or not is inconsequential, the most important thing you should beg him to do is to focus on the economy and fast before hunger takes final control of people, Nigerians are suffering if you don't know what is happening
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by KillahPriest: 8:37am On Dec 09, 2023
numericalguy:

What yardsticks are you using to measure Tinubu's government for you declare it as the worst in our history.

There is no one in the world who can turn around the country at the twinkle or an eye. The policies of this present government is already begining to show a positive change but my MOTHER and her fellow cannibals hate to accept that we are begining to have a positive change.

Tinubu has his challenges but at least the economy is responding to his policies.
1.The Nigerian Stock Market is up 34.11%.
2.Our GDP is up 2.54%.
3. Oil production is up 13.40%.
4. Balance of trade is now in surplus to the time of over 52%, which is the highest in five years.
5. And most importantly, Peter Obi and Arise Peoples Party's lies are also up 100%!
there's something definitely wrong with you upstairs you this useless tribal bigot. It's very easy to sell your party's policies without incitement and insults except your figures aren't aligning with the reality on ground. Saying you should tell yourself the truth is an insult to truthful people but is it only Igbos who are complaining of today's economy ? Swear by whatever you believe in spiritually that it's only Igbos complaining about the economy and that things are as "rosy" as just six months ago, swear that the 10k you give your wife to get a few things in the house is worth anything today. Lie and let me know you're a spawn of the devil himself, just make my day cool

Ps. Continue blaming Igbos for your mumurity
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by numericalguy(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2023
KillahPriest:
there's something definitely wrong with you upstairs you this useless tribal bigot. It's very easy to sell your party's policies without incitement and insults except your figures aren't aligning with the reality on ground. Saying you should tell yourself the truth is an insult to truthful people but is it only Igbos who are complaining of today's economy ? Swear by whatever you believe in spiritually that it's only Igbos complaining about the economy and that things are as "rosy" as just six months ago, swear that the 10k you give your wife to get a few things in the house is worth anything today. Lie and let me know you're a spawn of the devil himself, just make my day cool

Ps. Continue blaming Igbos for your mumurity

Hateful and bitter IPOB cannibals hate the truth.

Nigeria is on a right track and bitter and hatefull IPOB cannibals can continue to gnash their teeth.

It is not surprising that IPOB cannibals have no regard for parents because they were birthed by ASHAWO mother and a thousand fathers. Cursed baby factory products.

Very disgusting and cursed PIIGS.

Cursed SLAVES in Nigeria who will never amount to anything

They will continue to gnash their teeth in pain and bitterness filled with envy for their betters.

I am not a Yoruba person that you can insult and get away wit it. I am waiting for your reply so that I can load more curses and insults into your cannibal brain
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by LeonSaab: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

What happened was that when the position was pushing Nigerian government rush to push the quota system of a man forward as usual. So when they saw that NOI has applied for the job and she stands a better chance because of her experience, the Nigerian government has no choice than to withdraw the other man and throw their support behind NOI.
The position is not by politics and lobbying along as you mentioned up there, lobbying and politics is involved but not playing greater role as you mentioned, if not Nigeria will not stand a chance to be in that role when we are not in G20, BRICS and other powerful organization, remember Africa has about 3 candidate in that process so AU vote was splinted. Nigerian government tried by following who know road in that process.
That's all.
Thank you Sir.
Oga you don't just apply to that position, your government has to recommend you....if it was just by applying you think there won't be more people interested in the position? There are academics all over the world that the world Bank would rather have, but the position is not one you open to the general public.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by LeonSaab: 9:44am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Still the banana republic kind of leadership that you are portraying up there. What on earth will make him not to sign? Because of nepotism and tribalism. Until we start doing the right thing, this country will not change.
if....emphasis on the if....
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by seunjungle1(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2023
How come the region Mr president came from got only Justice Abiru among them if that law you're claiming is working.

Asiwaju is not the type of person you think he is....if Ibo sons can become a day governor in Lagos in different times during is tenure as a governor of Lagos...that shows that the man gat no problem with you guys.

MEEVEET:

Oga that's the law he can't leave igbos out even if he wants to

Every zone must be represented... South East currently have zero supreme Court judges

The law maintains that each zone must have 3 supreme Court judges
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by MEEVEET: 11:16am On Dec 09, 2023
seunjungle1:
How come the region Mr president came from got only Justice Abiru among them if that law you're claiming is working.

Asiwaju is not the type of person you think he is....if Ibo sons can become a day governor in Lagos in different times during is tenure as a governor of Lagos...that shows that the man gat no problem with you guys.

Because they already have two presently

We have some supreme Court judges already 7 this 11 would make it 18

3 per zone

Hope you get it now
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by northbird: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

You are still naive in the grand scheme of things. NOI is qualified and competent,yes, i agree.. But her appointment as DG of WTO is by TPTB... ever heard of Blackstone?
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Benwallt(m): 11:57am On Dec 09, 2023
SalamRushdie:
So because he gave your kinsman appointment he is now a good man , how willl the appointment help bring down the crazy inflation and insecurity in South East

Oga, the whole country is experiencing inflation and insecurity. It's not only southeast

1 Like

Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by Benwallt(m): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
nnewsnjobs:

Ok Sir.

So you means the trading experience she had in Onitsha main market doesn't count.

NOI with a very strong CV and experience was eminently qualified for that position. The post of WTO DG is not meant for existing staffs only, somebody with vast international experience can also apply and if found suitable, the job will be given to the person. That woman is highly rate globally.

Onitsha main market

Abeg let a man restπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
numericalguy:

It is too late to change history. I know you people hate Buhari but we will not allow you to change history.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iwela was one of the least qualified for the job but for the intense lobying of Buhari and the APC. Buhari wrote to the UN and the president of America on her behalf. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwela evwn came out to thank Buhari and even went as far as snapping pictures with the twhn president as a ahow of apreciation.

Do not allow hatred for Buhari to becloud your reasoning.
Lol, you mean you type all this to defend Buhari?
I have remove my hands for your matter. Buhari did all you mentioned up there. My brother am sorry Sir.

Make e be like say me and you no see for anywhere.

Bye bye.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
Oga you don't just apply to that position, your government has to recommend you....if it was just by applying you think there won't be more people interested in the position? There are academics all over the world that the world Bank would rather have, but the position is not one you open to the general public.
My brother, you apply first and then seek for recommendations from your country, that was what NOI did, and Buhari knowing that she stands a better chance withdraw the quota system of a man and then endorse her and supported her fully for the job. That job is a top notch and not anyhow people can apply.
Re: I Am Not A Fan Of Tinubu, But I Must Commend Him For This by nnewsnjobs: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
LeonSaab:
if....emphasis on the if....

I don't know what you are talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Owns Saharareporters? / Odd Fact I've Come Accross: An Igbo Guy Was The 5th President Of Liberia. / Check out the History Of Nigeria's Muhammadu Buhari In Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.