Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) (21850 Views)

Justice Eberechi Wike, 21 Others nominated for elevation to Appeal Court / Drama As Emefiele Dodges Camera In Court (pics) / Sit-At-Home: Aba Roads Deserted As Nnamdi Kanu Appears In Court (Pics & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by Chochovini: 6:22am On Dec 09, 2023
Djele:
Criminals
. Of the highest order.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by Chochovini: 6:35am On Dec 09, 2023
May God not let anything take Me to the court of (IN)justice, whereby I will go and be addressing one smelly ass hell-bound high profile criminal and a liar in Wigs as “MY LORD“, when actually, he or she is NOT. And be bowing down to him or her while saying that. Amen.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by hurryup123(m): 6:50am On Dec 09, 2023
fergie001:
3. HON. JUSTICE CHIOMA EGONDU NWOSU-IHEME
Justice Nwosu-Iheme was born in Port Harcourt on 02nd February 1959. She hails from Nkwerre LGA of Imo State.

She began her educational career at the Methodist Primary School, Ogui, Enugu and completed primary school during the Nigerian Civil War at St. Paul’s Primary School, Nkwerre. Her secondary education and Higher School education was at St. Catherine’s Girls’ Secondary School, Nkwerre and later Idia College, Benin respectively.

She obtained her LL.B at the University of Lagos in 1981 before proceeding to the Nigeria Law School for her BL the following year. She started her legal career in the law firm of S. N. Nwala & Co in Aba, Abia State between 1982-1983.

She joined the Ministry of Justice Imo State as a State Counsel, and rose up to the rank of Senior State Counsel between 1983-1986, joined the Magisterial Bench in 1986, and rose up to the rank of Chief Magistrate in 1993.

She was appointed a Judge of the High Court of Imo State on 13th November 1995.

- Justice Nwosu-Iheme cut her teeth at the Judiciary when she handled the case involving the ritual murder and beheading of a groundnut seller, Okoronkwo that took place at the "infamous" Otokoto Hotel in 1996.

In February 2003, she sentenced all 7 suspects to death by hanging, an order that was partially carried out.

In 2021, she upturned the tribunal decision and sacked Stephen Odey as Senator representing Cross River North Senatorial District. She affirmed PDP's Jarigbe Agom as the valid Candidate and winner.

She also overturned a High Court decision and affirmed Chukwuma Soludo as the valid Governorship Candidate of the APGA in 2021.

Justice Nwosu-Iheme obtained an LL.M in 1991 and later a PhD from the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus in 1998, Nigeria's first female Judge to do so.

She was abducted in October 2019 and remained in captivity for 2 weeks until her release. A similar situation happened to her son who was kidnapped in Owerri in 2010.

She is married to Chris Uzoma, a former Commissioner for Education in Imo State and blessed with a daughter and four sons, one of whom is married to a Judge of the FCT High Court, Justice Njideka, daughter of a retired Supreme Court Judge, Mary Ukaego Peter-Odili.

In 2005, she was one of 27 ad litem judges elected for a four-year term by the United Nations General Assembly at its 59th Session to oversee the International tribunal mandated to prosecute and try persons responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law committed in the former Yugoslavia since 1991.

Justice Nwosu-Iheme was elevated to the Appeal Court on 15th February 2008 and is ranked 8th in the Seniority list of the Appeal Court.
She's the best ...
I love the woman.
How I wish I could meet her

2 Likes

Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by Awesome01(m): 6:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Only one was born after Nigeria became Republic.
Most are born before Independence self.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by clockwisereport: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2023
AkumTemi:

Which hospital is he being admitted?

That guy is a fraudster. His real name is Anthony Munachi Okeke
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:30am On Dec 09, 2023
senatordave1:

Hmm.ogbuinya will be the first se judge for a year.mary odili came close.

Yeah, mary odili came very close, just that tanko mohammed came to the SC before her
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by payaseriy: 7:45am On Dec 09, 2023
Scarrr:
yes o..send account number make I share u part so u can feed ur family at least
i nor be dog. Feed ur papa wey born dog.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by Scarrr: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2023
payaseriy:
i nor be dog. Feed ur papa wey born dog.
your brain dey boot slowly? y u dey edit post upcoming yahoo boy..better b Humble make we credit u something, make u and ur wrenched family chop better this weekend angry
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by SmartyPants(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2023
payaseriy:
Compensation list of loyalist
Then you haven't bothered to read. Half of those judges have sat on cases and opposed APC candidates.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by fergie001: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2023
senatordave1:
What happened to Mohammed shuaibu and balkisu bello?

Surprised, Shuaibu missed out. He is 1960 like the 2 NWners. Except, they are prepping him to be PCA, I don't see the reason for his exemption.

Anyways, I wasn't in their interview.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by id4sho(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2023
Officialgarri:
HON. JUSTICE JUMMAI HANNATU C SANKEY OFR

So she graduated from the university at the age of 20.
This is quite uncommon back in the days. Especially the days when your hand has to go across your head to the head as a criteria to be enrolled in school.

Although I have no evidence to back my claim, but I strongly believe she has a falsified age

I believe you know who Lt Col yakubu Pam. At least, she did nursery in London.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by delzbaba(m): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2023
I took my time to read all this profiles as I am a member of the bar as well and a very important observation Is the importance of connection in career elevation,, if you don't know someone who knows someone you might never get where you wish no matter your level of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by Ahmed0336(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2023
delzbaba:
I took my time to read all this profiles as I am a member of the bar as well and a very important observation Is the importance of connection in career elevation,, if you don't know someone who knows someone you might never get where you wish no matter your level of intelligence.
What is the retirement age for SC judges?
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by AkumTemi: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2023
clockwisereport:

That guy is a fraudster. His real name is Anthony Munachi Okeke

I thought as much, that sickness will kill him.
I don't know what it will take him to get something meaningful to do with his life.

1 Like

Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by delzbaba(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2023
Ahmed0336:

Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by fergie001: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2023
Ahmed0336:

delzbaba:

70 years old.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by LegacyB: 11:53am On Dec 09, 2023
madjune:

People like you sugar coat the truth.

Maybe your father is a legal luminary, much respects to him but, what's the function of the judiciary?

When are they called to test? Do they really stand or function to the truest sense of their calling in Nigeria?

The last election presented itself as the very best test for the judiciary to live up to it's name.

What dis you see? Tell yourself the truth.
Don't insult nobody. You won't gain nothing in so doing.
Let me ask you who follow politician blindly, do you think for a second that if your candidate even emerged tings would be better? Then think again, you’re are responsible for yourself at the of the day. As for the last election I strongly believe Obi never won. It’s a day dream and funny dream to claim he won. All the emperical figures are clear. That’s not even the argument because it’s not party versus party as you guys are making it. It’s actually the people against politicians.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by senatordave1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
fergie001:

Surprised, Shuaibu missed out. He is 1960 like the 2 NWners. Except, they are prepping him to be PCA, I don't see the reason for his exemption.

Anyways, I wasn't in their interview.

How old is shuaibu and balkisu? After pca Monica,who is next in line
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by senatordave1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

Yeah, mary odili came very close, just that tanko mohammed came to the SC before her

No,tanko was supposed to resign since but he resigned after she retired
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by tayo770: 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2023
Compensation list of loyalistCompensation list of loyalist...
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by fergie001: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2023
senatordave1:

How old is shuaibu and balkisu? After pca Monica,who is next in line
Shuaibu (29/1/1960)
Balkisu Bello (23/12/1965)

After PCA Monica.....
The next is Theresa Ngolika Orji-Abadua from Ikeduru, Imo State.

DoB: 15/10/1959
Univ attended: London Metropolitan University (formerly Univ of North London)
Call to Bar: 16/11/1984
High Court of the FCT (23/12/1996)
Appeal Court: 15/02/2008
She is 9th on the Seniority list just immediately after Nwosu-Iheme.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by rummmy: 2:29pm On Dec 09, 2023
LegacyB:

You can run a quick experiment by breaking the law and see how powerful they are . When they decide how your life will be run forthwith. Imp !
the law should be for all nau and not for some ...I'm sure you are not a robot
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by LegacyB: 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2023
rummmy:
the law should be for all nau and not for some ...I'm sure you are not a robot
You already found wisdom. The law is for man not robots. Be care those judges can make or mar you.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by madjune(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
LegacyB:

Let me ask you who follow politician blindly, do you think for a second that if your candidate even emerged tings would be better? Then think again, you’re are responsible for yourself at the of the day. As for the last election I strongly believe Obi never won. It’s a day dream and funny dream to claim he won. All the emperical figures are clear. That’s not even the argument because it’s not party versus party as you guys are making it. It’s actually the people against politicians.

I'm not even an Obi man. I just don't support injustice.
He never won? As if you didn't see what happened in PH?
Wike hijacking Obi's votes and changing them?
You could deny that. So many did.
That posts a verdict on the Nigerian character itself.
The problem isn't quite its leaders.
From your tone. I could very well sense you are comfortable with the status quo.
Enjoy it as you see am.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by senatordave1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
fergie001:

Shuaibu (29/1/1960)
Balkisu Bello (23/12/1965)

After PCA Monica.....
The next is Theresa Ngolika Orji-Abadua from Ikeduru, Imo State.

DoB: 15/10/1959
Univ attended: London Metropolitan University (formerly Univ of North London)
Call to Bar: 16/11/1984
High Court of the FCT (23/12/1996)
Appeal Court: 15/02/2008
She is 9th on the Seniority list just immediately after Nwosu-Iheme.

The way women dominate the appeal court headship is funny.
Has the apex court fixed date for Kano and plateau
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by LegacyB: 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
madjune:

I'm not even an Obi man. I just don't support injustice.
He never won? As if you didn't see what happened in PH?
Wike hijacking Obi's votes and changing them?
You could deny that. So many did.
That posts a verdict on the Nigerian character itself.
The problem isn't quite its leaders.
From your tone. I could very well sense you are comfortable with the status quo.
Enjoy it as you see am.
Do you have clear evidence to this ? Or just the normal talk here and there. And even if you add PH to Obi’s vote will that make him win the election?
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by madjune(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
LegacyB:

Do you have clear evidence to this ? Or just the normal talk here and there. And even if you add PH to Obi’s vote will that make him win the election?

Keep deceiving yourself.

You want to tell me the majority of Nigerians voted for Tinubu in his old age to lead Nigeria?

I don't mean to disrespect his age but, in the light of a younger, capable mind; they'd choose the former?

Isn't it hilarious?
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by wingmanIII: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
fergie001:
3. HON. JUSTICE CHIOMA EGONDU NWOSU-IHEME
Justice Nwosu-Iheme was born in Port Harcourt on 02nd February 1959. She hails from Nkwerre LGA of Imo State.

She began her educational career at the Methodist Primary School, Ogui, Enugu and completed primary school during the Nigerian Civil War at St. Paul’s Primary School, Nkwerre. Her secondary education and Higher School education was at St. Catherine’s Girls’ Secondary School, Nkwerre and later Idia College, Benin respectively.

She obtained her LL.B at the University of Lagos in 1981 before proceeding to the Nigeria Law School for her BL the following year. She started her legal career in the law firm of S. N. Nwala & Co in Aba, Abia State between 1982-1983.

She joined the Ministry of Justice Imo State as a State Counsel, and rose up to the rank of Senior State Counsel between 1983-1986, joined the Magisterial Bench in 1986, and rose up to the rank of Chief Magistrate in 1993.

She was appointed a Judge of the High Court of Imo State on 13th November 1995.

- Justice Nwosu-Iheme cut her teeth at the Judiciary when she handled the case involving the ritual murder and beheading of a groundnut seller, Okoronkwo that took place at the "infamous" Otokoto Hotel in 1996.

In February 2003, she sentenced all 7 suspects to death by hanging, an order that was partially carried out.

In 2021, she upturned the tribunal decision and sacked Stephen Odey as Senator representing Cross River North Senatorial District. She affirmed PDP's Jarigbe Agom as the valid Candidate and winner.

She also overturned a High Court decision and affirmed Chukwuma Soludo as the valid Governorship Candidate of the APGA in 2021.

Justice Nwosu-Iheme obtained an LL.M in 1991 and later a PhD from the University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus in 1998, Nigeria's first female Judge to do so.

She was abducted in October 2019 and remained in captivity for 2 weeks until her release. A similar situation happened to her son who was kidnapped in Owerri in 2010.

She is married to Chris Uzoma, a former Commissioner for Education in Imo State and blessed with a daughter and four sons, one of whom is married to a Judge of the FCT High Court, Justice Njideka, daughter of a retired Supreme Court Judge, Mary Ukaego Peter-Odili.

In 2005, she was one of 27 ad litem judges elected for a four-year term by the United Nations General Assembly at its 59th Session to oversee the International tribunal mandated to prosecute and try persons responsible for serious violations of international humanitarian law committed in the former Yugoslavia since 1991.

Justice Nwosu-Iheme was elevated to the Appeal Court on 15th February 2008 and is ranked 8th in the Seniority list of the Appeal Court.
The only trustworthy and honest judge I can vouch for in Nigeria. God Bless you Ma. One of the few upright Judges alive!

1 Like

Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by wingmanIII: 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2023
hurryup123:
She's the best ...
I love the woman.
How I wish I could meet her
Gbam! Very upright no-nonsense woman.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by rummmy: 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2023
LegacyB:

You already found wisdom. The law is for man not robots. Be care those judges can make or mar you.
but must be according to the law..
I am a responsible adult brother
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by LegacyB: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
rummmy:
but must be according to the law..
I am a responsible adult brother
That’s great. And it’s good to see your argument without rancor. I appreciate and respect that.
Re: Profile of the Judges recommended for elevation to the Supreme Court (Pics) by fergie001: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2023
senatordave1:
The way women dominate the appeal court headship is funny.
It was OBJ. He brought in a lot of women.... Dongban-Mensem, Kekere-Ekun, Odili, Ndukwe-Anyanwu, Sankey, Omoleye, Uwa, Uwani Abba Aji, Denton-West, Mshelia, Ogunwumiju, Ogunbiyi.

Then Yar'Adua followed that line aggressively in the short time he was there.
late Reginald Nwodo, Uwa, Nwosu-Iheme, Orji-Abadua, Fasanmi.

Has the apex court fixed date for Kano and plateau
No date fixed yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Claims 5 Bombings / EFCC Grants Fani-kayode Administrative Bail / Amaechi Threatens To Release Names Of Those Sabotaging Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.