Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss (35306 Views)

Multichoice Ignores Court Order, proceeds With DSTV, Gotv subscription Hikes / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by phorget(m): 8:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Tilumbu will regulate everything in no distance time.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Exceed15: 8:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Sunkyapogee:

We pay because of football matches.. internet network is bad to stream live matches

Exactly
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by JetStar: 8:58am On Dec 09, 2023
adioolayi:
We don't know what will break this monopolistic Company.. especially the sport channels.

They know we love football and they have exclusive rights for EPL and UCL angry angry

Everyone saying they will buy data and router and calling those using DSTV mumu no talk true...streaming football can NEVER be same as watching on Cable TV... streaming no even near am!

If you wan use better network for Nigeria to stream, the lay is more than DSTV subscriptions...we are talking about Starlink for example.

If you get VPN and subscribe for paramount+ at $10 per month (instead of 30k) you go enjoy more than wetin DSTV go give you.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Confirm4real(m): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2023
Bubu kon better pass Emilokan grin

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by drlaykay(m): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2023
Oxibubo:
have i scammed you before?
Scamming remains bad irrespective of whom you scam. Whether black or white or whosoever.
Some people end their lives after being scammed. Some people pay heavy debts till they die and end up living a miserable life.

Imagine someone scamming your loved one and they end up killing themself as the money was all their hope of existence.

I know people into yahoo do not think this deep about the consequences of their actions but having a personal reflection might help you change and choose a better craft.

I wish you all the best as you work towards transiting into a genuine craft.

5 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Chibuzoripob: 9:00am On Dec 09, 2023
kmaster007:
Update... Wetin you dey use biko
U dnt expect him to expose himself here.Their agents are here too..
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by AMI3(m): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, only a confam mumu still uses DSTV.

If I pass your window and see DSTV dish I automatically assume that the occupants of that house are dumb.
so how do u do your own because these people dey chop my money
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by GreaterFuture(m): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2023
StraightGaay:
Na mumu dey pay for cable Tv
As how?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by motionarena: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2023
Apart from football not special in DSTV

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Vicana: 9:02am On Dec 09, 2023
i want to believe that those talking about streaming are young and unmarried people or probably newly married. if there are other options from DSTV or GOTV apart from Strong decoders kindly provide. I say this because what will your elderly parents at home watch to keep them busy, what kids channel will your kids watch at home, what channel will the family watch when together at home.....some of us do Cable TV for parents, kids and family. Streaming is for what you want specifically, i think. Parents, kids and family might not be interested in what you are streaming. Those that do cable TV should not be bashed because you are young and single, E get y they do cable. if things are better for the citizens, cable TV are quite affordable.

19 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by KingAzubuike(f): 9:02am On Dec 09, 2023
Olamicwoto:
Hmmm dis one strong oo. If not for football what concern me wt dem
There are several interesting and educative channels like discovery ID, discovery world, Channel, history channel, natgeo etc. I still prefer watching cable TV from my big screen while I lie on the sofa abeg. It makes me feel relaxed

Cc Vicana

4 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by BluntCrazeMan: 9:03am On Dec 09, 2023
They are doing whatever they want..
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Emma1Oj(m): 9:03am On Dec 09, 2023
Dialpad:
What's going on in Nigeria
E mi lo kan is going on.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Satazaa: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2023
sameks08:
I don't give me Bleep because na metro digital I de use now. #5500 I watch every thing so let them go and rest
including premier league and champion league?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nedekid: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2023
tuzle:
Is it every month multi choice hikes their fee? It is because they are the only one showing premier league
It is because of the continuous devaluation of the naira, the inability of them to repatriate their money, the cost of diesel, operating costs etc.
Eg if 8 years ago, dstv premium cost ₦9000, at ₦200 to $1. Ie dstv charged $45.
Diesel was about ₦100 per liter.
Today even with today's dstv increase which we are complaining about ie ₦29,500, dstv is getting $24. Way less than the $45 it earned from the premium bouquet 9 years ago despite buying eg diesel now at ₦1200 per liter.
For them to earn what they did 9 years ago, they will have to charge at least ₦54,000 for dstv premium.
How many Nigerians can afford that?
This is why you see multinational companies leaving. Nigerians, have lost their purchasing power.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by maasoap(m): 9:04am On Dec 09, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Shege pro max grin.

Market na as you buy,you go sale. Dstv and her staffs use fuel and pay some staffs in dollars. The inflation in this country is really effecting the running of companies in Nigeria.

Dstv is here to make money,not a charity organizations, know this and know peace.

Well, there's no guarantee that their incessant increase of prices will work and won't be counterproductive because cable TV is not a food, hence not a priority for many homes.
More people will be abandoning their decoders but I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Coolgent(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
verybadmouth:
Nigerians adapt easily to hardship grin
You are right.
Very foolish mentality

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Maxtipulation(m): 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
Tntsi:
Shey na statistics we go chop?

Now we don dey chop statistics.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Alliswell248: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:
We warned them about Tinubu, they called us haters, to all those who used tribalism to support Tinubu if only your tribal bragging right could reduce the price of garri for you or reduce the price of petrol to 200, I would have said you gained something from tribal support but do you know the very bad part;

Just a reminder Tinubu doesn't give a fvck about you or whatever you go through, he doesn't even need your vote or support in 2027 to get reelected...

Story....story...
Tinubu was the best among the three contenders for the no 1 seat.

Tinubu wasn't responsible for the way the economy is....blame Emefiele who printed 22 trillions naira while in office without a solid economic factors to support such.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by StraightGaay: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
kmaster007:
Update... Wetin you dey use biko
You mean you don't know?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Hezzyluv: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
StraightGaay:
Na mumu dey pay for cable Tv

How do you cope? Is there anything I am not getting here? Tell me more...
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by occfx: 9:05am On Dec 09, 2023
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by NoahHadNoArk: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2023
ojotobiloba1:

If u pass mine. I have two Dstv dishes but guess worth. I never use am for dstv decorder. I used it for free to air channels airing more Dan 300 stations.na mumu dey sub for dstv truly

Can I have a word with you, WhatsApp please
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by samcolee(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:

If I pass your window and see DSTV dish I automatically assume that the occupants of that house are dumb.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by adioolayi(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2023
JetStar:

If you get VPN and subscribe for paramount+ at $10 per month (instead of 30k) you go enjoy more than wetin DSTV go give you.

Won't you be using data after your $10 subscriptions
You are still dependent on good network provider to enjoy what ever you subscribe for

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by samcolee(m): 9:06am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:

No you're the dumb person here as an installer I've ran so many installation of multi TV and other satellite with DStv dish for individuals. That they have DStv dish doesn't mean they're actually watching pay TV most are free to air

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by MrJames007: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2023
People keep subscribing, na why.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by occfx: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2023
Hezzyluv:

IPTV, then steal data.. Lol
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by StraightGaay: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Knowledge is power
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Akalia(m): 9:07am On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:

So what alternative should we users switch to?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by DevilishMan: 9:07am On Dec 09, 2023
Exceed15:

Lol but suggest alternative na .. we are here to also learn
AMI3:
so how do u do your own because these people dey chop my money
TheFinesseKid:
okay so wetin we go come use? Genius. I'm actually trying to learn.

Firestick
Smart TV
IPTV
Streaming sites
FTA
Even YouTube

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BeIN Network Says It Has No Agreement Or Deal With Any Nigerian Organization / Bbnaija: Meet The 5 Newest Housemates (photos) / Why Efe May Not Win BBNaija 2017 Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.