Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss (35315 Views)

Multichoice Ignores Court Order, proceeds With DSTV, Gotv subscription Hikes / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Streetdoctor: 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

K.

Don't let the ronu beetles get you down.
I'm telling u that d profits I hv made so far when GSK left was something beyond what I mouth could say, here comes Sanofi, men dun dey hustle am small small, by January and February next, u won't be able to see Sanofi easily unless u are ready to cough out enough more. All thanks to Tinubu bcs we dey Mak
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by RosyIsBlessed: 7:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
Continue hiking price with these same recycled dry channels. Nothing new added. Same old, same old.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by erniok(m): 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
nedekid:

It is because of the continuous devaluation of the naira, the inability of them to repatriate their money, the cost of diesel, operating costs etc.
Eg if 8 years ago, dstv premium cost ₦9000, at ₦200 to $1. Ie dstv charged $45.
Diesel was about ₦100 per liter.
Today even with today's dstv increase which we are complaining about ie ₦29,500, dstv is getting $24. Way less than the $45 it earned from the premium bouquet 9 years ago despite buying eg diesel now at ₦1200 per liter.
For them to earn what they did 9 years ago, they will have to charge at least ₦54,000 for dstv premium.
How many Nigerians can afford that?
This is why you see multinational companies leaving. Nigerians, have lost their purchasing power.

I told someone from the look of things, telecoms and power providers will raise their rates next year to match the economic realities. Next year will be survival of the fittest.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Phabulous4(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
What's the alternative?
Mosba:
There alternatives and people need to know that.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by BananaPeel(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2023
politicoNG:

https://punchng.com/multichoice-hikes-dstv-gotv-prices-after-72m-forex-loss/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2K0QLuqK9jIse05ZdyqLsZNDdC4fiMszXUs3cU6oAYJLTB00Bq56EfVFA#Echobox=1702104180-1
For over eight months I've not subscribed my Startimes. I download and watch movies via flash drive and get my news on the internet. I've stopped watching Chelsea matches too 😀
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Sunday2021: 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2023
phorget:
Tilumbu will regulate everything in no distance time.
which tinubu?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Sunday2021: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
Alliswell248:

Story....story...
Tinubu was the best among the three contenders for the no 1 seat.

Tinubu wasn't responsible for the way the economy is....blame Emefiele who printed 22 trillions naira while in office without a solid economic factors to support such.
gerrout. Is it Emefiele that removed subsidies without considering the immediate effect? Is it Emefiele that promised 35k palliative to federal workers and failed to implement it? Tinubu is a total disaster.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Sunday2021: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2023
Paramount01:

We count you guys serious before until we saw that cyber bullying religious and ethnic card you guys want to pay, I as a person never regret supporting Tinubu because we belive strongly in him, Rome was not build in a day,.on his mandate we shall stand
who cares what you stand on. thank God you are enjoying the mandate.
Only a fool will still believe that the disaster called tinubu has something to offer. Anyways, even the devil have followers so am not surprised.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by jubrilcastle(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2023
Exceed15:

Lol but suggest alternative na .. we are here to also learn
Have you not heard of metro digital. With 5500 u watch every single game. Google it to get more details
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
Topmaike007:
and can you stream anything for 6 hours nonstop and not feel the heat I have done this thing you say by buying firestick bought 1 year IPTV subscription and bought a terabyte data of 1 year for 100k Bros I no use am for 8 months..the best option is FTA on arabsat

Kindly explain the FTA on arabsat
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Benwallt(m): 10:54pm On Dec 09, 2023
DStv no gree leave Nigeria haven't said Said they wanna leave many times
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by iokpebholo: 11:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
Alliswell248:

Story....story...
Tinubu was the best among the three contenders for the no 1 seat.

Tinubu wasn't responsible for the way the economy is....blame Emefiele who printed 22 trillions naira while in office without a solid economic factors to support such.
So we should leave Tinubu who is the president and start blaming emefiele abi?kuku tell us to blame Herbert marcurley or lord lugard since you want us to blame every other person other than the president grin angry
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by loswhite(m): 5:09am On Dec 10, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Their problem. I am suprised that people still pay for satellite/cable TV in this era of streaming content.
Lol streaming content is more expensive. I don't understand why you guys make it looks like a cheaper alternative.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by loswhite(m): 5:11am On Dec 10, 2023
DevilishMan:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, only a confam mumu still uses DSTV.

If I pass your window and see DSTV dish I automatically assume that the occupants of that house are dumb.
ppl make their own choice just the sane you make your own and choice...lol and you think they are dumb? Your statement shows you are uncivilized and a definitely a dumb person
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by freemanq(m): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2023
DStv and Gotv employees them will soon be only ones watching them
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by iammarvellux(m): 6:40am On Dec 10, 2023
Topmaike007:
are you on telegram if yes drop your telegram username let me invite you to our group where we discuss about the alternative I watch anything watchable there
Pls add me to the telegram group 08038781738. Thanks
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by ijeezlux(m): 7:46am On Dec 10, 2023
I don't really blame dstv cos this unstable dollar to naira rate is affecting them. This is the hardest time to do business in Nigeria. For the last 8 months I haven't even subscribed to any cable TV network.
I always watch all what I need to watch via streaming. With streaming you can watch anything, I mean absolutely anything. These are many ways to go about it. For like 5 months I did IPTV subscription, but these these I use Kodi, Kodi is a bomb. I don't know why just few people know about Kodi and it's addons. Below is a screenshot of Kodi addons am using.
Lest I forget, I use Airtel router and I do subscription worth 20k monthly , I hardly finish my data so I do rollover the next month

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by sammy2007: 7:47am On Dec 10, 2023
Watch full DStv premium channels for as low as 18k for four months, hit me up on my WhatsApp on 08068561344
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Kwinity(f): 8:56am On Dec 10, 2023
Criminals!!!
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by ezewealth(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2023
Who uses DSTV when metro #5k subscription u watch all premier league, Spanish league, champ league, Europa, seial a
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Topmaike007(m): 9:02am On Dec 10, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Kindly explain the FTA on arabsat
That's using some high-end decoder and BIg dish to enjoy premium channels for free
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Paramount01(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2023
Sunday2021:
who cares what you stand on. thank God you are enjoying the mandate.
Only a fool will still believe that the disaster called tinubu has something to offer. Anyways, even the devil have followers so am not surprised.

I Knw you are very pained, anyway, How can you see any good thing for a man that you have never trust, your prayer is seeing him failed but God will shame u. Tinubu will finish well
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:53am On Dec 10, 2023
Topmaike007:
That's using some high-end decoder and BIg dish to enjoy premium channels for free

What's the cost range and where can one get those high-end decoder and big dish? Also, hope it's not those kind of dishes one has to build a special stand for them?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Bernardinho(m): 11:10am On Dec 10, 2023
akpumping7720:

Thanks for the info bro.
I just chatted with their customer care on WhatsApp. I was given their sales reps addresses in Lagos.

Have you finally gotten one ?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Offpoint1: 11:15am On Dec 10, 2023
Who DSTV with this?

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Bernardinho(m): 11:24am On Dec 10, 2023
Topmaike007:
are you on telegram if yes drop your telegram username let me invite you to our group where we discuss about the alternative I watch anything watchable there

I want to join too
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by elonize(m): 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Their problem. I am suprised that people still pay for satellite/cable TV in this era of streaming content.
not everything shud b streamed...watching it frm TV is far better
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by sameks08(m): 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
akpumping7720:

I will bro. I just pray that they don't pack up like TSTV and HITV. I love their packages as stated on their website.
. See what you need to know about them is that they have issues with dstv to the extent of going to court and they won and came back fully. So they are prepared and I can tell you that the owner is a no nonsense man and He is from the east
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by elonize(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
adioolayi:
We don't know what will break this monopolistic Company.. especially the sport channels.

They know we love football and they have exclusive rights for EPL and UCL angry angry

Everyone saying they will buy data and router and calling those using DSTV mumu no talk true...streaming football can NEVER be same as watching on Cable TV... streaming no even near am!

If you wan use better network for Nigeria to stream, the pay is more than DSTV subscriptions...we are talking about Starlink for example.
livestream matches with our usleless networks including mtn...u go nearly use ur phone smash ground
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by elonize(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
sameks08:
I don't give me Bleep because na metro digital I de use now. #5500 I watch every thing so let them go and rest
which 1 b dat 1?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by sameks08(m): 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
OvertheTop:

Great,
Let us know the Channels Offered....

EPL Football?
Nigerian Movies?
Action Foreign Movies?
Animal Documentaries?
Cartoon for Kids? They are all there and you will watch champions league to the fullest

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by akpumping7720(m): 2:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
sameks08:
. See what you need to know about them is that they have issues with dstv to the extent of going to court and they won and came back fully. So they are prepared and I can tell you that the owner is a no nonsense man and He is from the east
Waoooo. Good to hear. I will get their kit soon. I'm done with DStv/Gotv. I just pray that we in Lagos should enjoy their service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BeIN Network Says It Has No Agreement Or Deal With Any Nigerian Organization / Bbnaija: Meet The 5 Newest Housemates (photos) / Why Efe May Not Win BBNaija 2017 Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.