Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss (35288 Views)

Multichoice Ignores Court Order, proceeds With DSTV, Gotv subscription Hikes / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Emily22(m): 1:24pm On Dec 09, 2023
RevolverOcelot:
The only reason I watch DStv is football. Other than that I no send DStv. Infact it's more cost effective to buy router & data with your subscription fee and stream anything you want to view.

Recommend a better ISP
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by integrity16(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2023
Valwezzy:

Please how did you get the Netflix and showmax free subscription?

I have a friend who works with one of the streaming platforms. The person did the subscription for me absolutely free.

There is an app on Google play store with free Netflix streaming... Look up on it.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by kmaster007: 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2023
Dat y I dey ask
StraightGaay:
You mean you don't know?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by kmaster007: 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
Eeyah
Chibuzoripob:
U dnt expect him to expose himself here.Their agents are here too..
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by AMI3(m): 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:

Firestick
Smart TV
IPTV
Streaming sites
FTA
Even YouTube
ARE YOU NOT STILL PAYING FOR DATA? i only know of youtube do the rest have apps that one can install.
how does it works
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by porthouse7(f): 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Meanwhile your APC has been so awful, ronu man cheesy
Igbo ponu
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2023
You guys should stop blaming DStv

For the umpteenth time DStv is not the problem

Blame those who are responsible for devaluing your currency without commensurate incremental appreciation of your income.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by theamazonguru(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2023
Topmaike007:
are you on telegram if yes drop your telegram username let me invite you to our group where we discuss about the alternative I watch anything watchable there

@Trinity247

Interested please.
Thanks
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by theamazonguru(m): 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2023
frugal:

I'm surprised people still use DSTV. I sold my dish 2years ago, and never looked back or miss it. I have a 50mbps unlimited fiber network in my home for N19,500/Mo.

Which provider do you use.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by occfx: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Regardless of how you use it?

Yes, as long as you have internet... It's 6 months flat rate or 1yr regardless of how you use it
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by streetwise2015: 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2023
Go and buy Fiberone internet it’s unlimited and very fast for just 13k a month..I swear you will forget anything Dstv in a hurry

theamazonguru:

Bros I am willing to learn form your wisdom.
Considering that you would need data to enjoy streaming services- imagine the cost.

Let's be practical.
I have a building of 4 bedroom.
What would you advice me to put in place to enjoy media content if my intention is to boycott cable/satellite service.

Thanks
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by akpumping7720(m): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2023
sameks08:
I don't give me Bleep because na metro digital I de use now. #5500 I watch every thing so let them go and rest
Thanks for the info bro.
I just chatted with their customer care on WhatsApp. I was given their sales reps addresses in Lagos.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by sweetjohn(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2023
Tinubu and his selfish ambition 10 vs Agbadorians 0

Tinubu on your mandate we shall stand. Keep standing to hell. Foolish agbadorians.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by streetwise2015: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2023
Get Fiberone it’s cheaper and unlimited and fast for just 13k monthly

erico2k2:

they will lose in a country with live streaming. If I can get Starlink, its the way to go.Im still wondering why people who live in a block of flat ie 6x2 bedroom flat canot order starlink and forget about this DSTV shyte
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by theamazonguru(m): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2023
streetwise2015:
Go and buy Fiberone internet it’s unlimited and very fast for just 13k a month..I swear you will forget anything Dstv in a hurry

Thanks bro I appreciate.
Will definitely check it out.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by billyG(m): 2:39pm On Dec 09, 2023
Na to japa remain now,who we offend?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by AgentNnamdi: 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
DevilishMan:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, only a confam mumu still uses DSTV.

If I pass your window and see DSTV dish I automatically assume that the occupants of that house are dumb.

What's better?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Yomit71(m): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
Thank God you know cool

Just a reminder Tinubu doesn't give a fvck about you or whatever you go through, he doesn't even need your vote or support in 2027 to get reelected...[/quote]

Igbo must wail, it's their hobby grin grin grin
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by erico2k2(m): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2023
streetwise2015:
Get Fiberone it’s cheaper and unlimited and fast for just 13k monthly

Izzzit? are they available in PHC? cos I need one anytime I'm in Nigeria,
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by webizone(m): 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2023
Smartdoctor:
Their decoder go don roti finish for canal by now. I threw the shit outta my car when I was going to work r months ago

Wasteful guy. You should have taken it to a technician's shop. I don't really throw electronics away that much because it may come in handy someday.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by 5pecterGray(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2023
Me that my tv is now YouTube.
Who cares about DSTV…I just have that as Decoration in my compound.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by theamazonguru(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2023
CavendishPlex:
Imagine paying half of what DSTv Premium plan subscribers pay (that's excluding an additional fee for extraview) for both my fiber optic internet and fantastic IPTV services every single month and also getting way more value for my money than what the South African company can ever offer. It's pure and undiluted bliss.

These guys (DSTv) are just lucky that broadband internet penetration is still very low in Nigeria. Otherwise, they'd be recording humongous losses year in year out. They should ask cable TV operators in places like the US how they're struggling to remain in business, no thanks to cord cutters like me.

With my internet service catering to my work and full entertainment needs, God forbid I continue to dash DSTv that kind of money on a monthly basis. Life doesn't start and end with DSTv. Simply ask and you'd be shocked that you've been dulling yourself.

Boss please dash me small from your wisdom.

How do I get started if I want to go this route
fiber optic internet and fantastic IPTV servic
Thanks
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nonstan(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Their problem. I am suprised that people still pay for satellite/cable TV in this era of streaming content.

Is the internet fee cheap?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by onomeabuja: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2023
sameks08:
The sub is 5500 and the machine plus the pan ( in fact the connection will cost you 25500) that includes the one month subscription.
Ok I'm in kaduna....n I need it
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Panda7(m): 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2023
No worry dem go soon close down if they don't have anymore subscriber.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by OvertheTop(m): 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2023
sameks08:
I don't know where you base but I'm in Aba and na metro I de cruise and is 5500 full package

Great,
Let us know the Channels Offered....

EPL Football?
Nigerian Movies?
Action Foreign Movies?
Animal Documentaries?
Cartoon for Kids?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by webizone(m): 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2023
Coolgent:

You are right.
Very foolish mentality

grin Nigerians can adjust. If Adjustment is a people.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by nairalanda1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2023
Irony1:

Yes streaming is a competition but that is not the reason for their loss, please stop misinforming people. The real reason is the harsh business environment. Naspers which is the multichannel parent company is among Africa's most valuable company, so your reason for streaming doesn't cut it

Hence my number 2.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Irony1: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Hence my number 2.

Okay I understand now.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by webizone(m): 3:18pm On Dec 09, 2023
GoodGovernance:
When you are ready , you pack and go back to SA.

Your service is not essential to those who have sense, it is killing our local sports and entrepreneurship.

Almost every senseless person in Nigeria, had been hypnotised to believe that supporting and watching foreign football club, is a status symbol, including those ridden with poverty.

Whereas the more they support, the more the dollars the reap out of Nigeria.

EPL alone, reaps circa 5billion British pounds, from Africa, annually, chunk of which is from Nigeria!

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

cheesy cheesy Las Las Nigeria will return to how it was in the 70s and 80s when dem dey watch NPL. I had this in mind but u don talk am.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by webizone(m): 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
I remembered when Strong decoder was showing quality channels like Lusomundo gallery, Tequila, Showtime, etc.

What happened?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2023
nairalanda1:
smiley

1.Streaming is eating into Multichoice's profits. An Amazon prime and Netflix cost less than 5000 EACH a month for a package that offers you more than what Multichoice can offer

2.The economy is bad, and not just in Nigeria. Multichoice is struggling even in South Africa. In SA, for example, numbers of Premium subscribers are falling.

Modified : yes I am aware of data cost. Problem is people are porting from DStv premium to streaming.
Exactly, very soon they will be out of business. Useless company reaping where they haven't sown.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire' in Nigeria / BeIN Network Says It Has No Agreement Or Deal With Any Nigerian Organization / BBNaija: The Messages Ebuka Got From Mother And Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.