Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza (13520 Views)

Hamas Says It Has Released Two Hostages For Humanitarian Reasons. / Russia vetoes U.N. Security Action On Ukraine As China Abstains / North Korea Issues A Stark Warning To The UN Security Council( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Basic123: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2023
maasoap:
USA is Israel, simple as ABC. Israel is not a country or a nation, it is a project that's nearly a completion stage. Know this and have peace
I Call it 51st state of USA

2 Likes

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Basic123: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

This is not bigotry, just precaution..
He should know that it is never a religious war but purely political
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Buliwyf: 9:41am On Dec 09, 2023
Righteousness2:
One thing many do under Stand today is that the Greatness of America all these years has been because of its relationship with ISRAEL.
America became a super power because of founding fathers deep relationship with ISRAEL.

The relationship with ISRAEL will also be a major cause of her fall.
I know the present America leadership will soon turn its back on Israel as Nomerica today has turns its back on God.

See this mumu boy. There was no Israel when America was founded so how did the founding fathers have relationship with Israel? Religion has rotted your brain.

Support Israel if you want. I support Israel too. But leave fiction and idiocy out of it.

2 Likes

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by ictplotter(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

So speaking the truth now makes me an IPOB member ?

Wow
You lik it or not, Islam is the fastest growing faith on earth today and your stupid hate for Islam will only perish your mental faculty.
America and Israel downfall is closer than you will ever imagine. They are plotting but Allah plan too and Allah is the best of the planer.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Buliwyf: 9:46am On Dec 09, 2023
Greenfusion:

This passage comes to mind "i would bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you"

You guys should stop fooling yourself. Real life is different from fiction. The Romans destroyed the Jews and their empire lasted for 1000 years more. Cyrus The Great supported the Jews and gave them chance to rebuild their temple only for him to have his head chopped off by a woman.

Reality doesn't follow religious foolishness of Africans. If the Israelis believe the same nonsense you do, they won't be armed to the teeth. They will be waiting for God to help them.

2 Likes

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by shaqhead: 9:46am On Dec 09, 2023
God1000:
Another wrong move from the Biden administration.

This is why Israel doesn't respect calls from UN and other countries for a ceasefire because they have the full backing of USA.

You don't want civilians to be killed, but you don't want a ceasefire as well, I don't get it
The recent ceasefire and what Hamas did should suffice. Small breathing space and two of them went on rampage in Israel. Hamas don't want a ceasefire but death and the Israelis are not shy about dishing it to them and the civilians who choose to harbour them.

My suggestion would have been a humanitarian corridor but what is the guarantee that Hamas in their cowardice won't take advantage of that too.

3 Likes

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Moniya4Real(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2023
May be because Isreal has violated countless UN resolutions in the past with the killings of innocent Palestinian women and children. As well as usurping their lands recognized by the IN beign part of Palestine. Just saying though. Even heard Isreal has child prisoners - this isn cool if you ask me . Hamas did a horrible thing but the Isreali illegal settlers has been killing them under the watchful eyes and validation of the IDF. That ain’t cool naw. I think the world is not a fair place for the weak. Violence is not the way to go

hotwax:

The UN behaved arrogant by not passing a resolution to condemn what Hamas did on October 7.

They rendered themselves illegitimate and incapable of conflict resolution by that stupid move.

Why is the UN afraid of Hamas? Or is Hamas bribing UN officials? UN itself needs investigation.

Two people are fighting, you are holding one down. That's not how a true peacemaker resolve fight.

On a final note, UN does not have any constitutional power to stop any country to stop defend itself. After all Putin is not facing any international criminal court, therefore netanyahu cannot face the same.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by TemmyT002(m): 9:47am On Dec 09, 2023
God1000:

This is why Israel doesn't respect calls from UN and other countries for a ceasefire because they have the full backing of USA.

You don't want civilians to be killed, but you don't want a ceasefire as well, I don't get it

It is a good move.
Let the hostages be released.
And until Hamas is kept quiet, they will still do another terrible thing in the nearest future.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Josbreed: 9:47am On Dec 09, 2023
I rather be a Hindu who believe the live of a cow is sacred not to talk of that of a human, than be a Muslim who believes the lives of kafirs and arna are worthless.

5 Likes

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by amnesty7: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2023
Dshocker:
This shouldn't be on front page, because nothing concerns us.

An average Nigerian is thinking on how to eat, you are telling the dealings between the USA and UN.
A black gentile spotted.
Remove it from the front page na.

2 Likes

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by adenigga(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2023
God1000:

Please, do your research, who initiated the war. They know the beginning, but can't predict the end. Those that suppose to condemn Hama's kept quiet and now you're blaming Isreal for protecting their citizens.

1 Like

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by LagosG: 9:54am On Dec 09, 2023
Righteousness2:
One thing many do under Stand today is that the Greatness of America all these years has been because of its relationship with ISRAEL.
America became a super power because of founding fathers deep relationship with ISRAEL.

I know the present America leadership will soon turn its back on Israel as Nomerica today has turns its back on God.
You are saying rubbish. When was America founded and when was Isreal founded? Ode oshi

1 Like

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Abuventure: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2023
If they seaze fire how will US able to sell their ammunitions? Us is evil

1 Like

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by God1000(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2023
adenigga:

Please, do your research, who initiated the war. They know the beginning, but can't predict the end. Those that suppose to condemn Hama's kept quiet and now you're blaming Isreal for protecting their citizens.
it's a complicated issue, but we know the truth if we are to be honest

1 Like

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by eepeepook: 10:00am On Dec 09, 2023
Time for toast, some baked chicken and omelettes. Today will be a good day.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by victory36(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2023
Trump's chances are incredibly multiplying ahead of next year's elections grin

1 Like

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Brendaniel: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2023
ictplotter:

You lik it or not, Islam is the fastest growing faith on earth today and your stupid hate for Islam will only perish your mental faculty.
America and Israel downfall is closer than you will ever imagine. They are plotting but Allah plan too and Allah is the best of the planer.

Like the way Boko haram is growing Islam in the north abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2023
Marianwao:
The UN is useless and it serves no purpose whatsoever.

The 5 permanent members will always veto whatever decision that is not in their interest and as such stop actions even if all other members voted against them.

That was how Russia vetoed the Ukraine annexation annexation in 2022.

The Big dogs China, Russia, France, UK and USA have the world by the horn in UN.
Exactly! I don't see the usefulness of the UN any longer.
Nations that aren't members are better off.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2023
The UN is practically useless,but that's for the moment.It will only become useful and priceless,when the Antichrist takes over the world for 42 months, because it will help him consolidate his dominion over the nations.
The UN will enable the Beast fish out the followers of Christ Jesus and deal ruthlessly with them, wherever they may be; China,US,Ghana,Brazil, anywhere.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Greenfusion: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2023
Buliwyf:

You guys should stop fooling yourself. Real life is different from fiction. The Romans destroyed the Jews and their empire lasted for 1000 years more. Cyrus The Great supported the Jews and gave them chance to rebuild their temple only for him to have his head chopped off by a woman.

Reality doesn't follow religious foolishness of Africans. If the Israelis believe the same nonsense you do, they won't be armed to the teeth. They will be waiting for God to help them.
So how has your written rubbish relate with what I stated..... it's only a stupid person that just replies other peoples message foolishly........if u want to comment on people's comment, u can do that without being stupid.

1 Like

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by LeeSmart: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2023
Rahkman:
ode!......aligning with the west has enormous favours than aligning with russia, can russia play for world cup? Can russia play uefa? Does russia have access to international markets?? Does russia have a super advanced military hardware?? Can russia grant them access to advanced tourist attractions and luxury livings?? Can russia create a multibillion dollar market for their oil?? What can russia offer the middle east economies?? Nothing except isolation and war, the Arab super powers will never align with the russia whether now or in the future, there's no benefit in doing that,and the better gaza aligns with the notion other arab countries adopt the better for them ,or they will continue to lose,there's no reason to fight the west,you can never win
That moniker u quoted knws nothing about international politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by BigBashiru: 10:17am On Dec 09, 2023
Righteousness2:

You will just open your mouth and be talking nonsense. America itself was founded on injustice, killing of native americans. The actions of Isreal must be consistent with the teachings of the bible.... this conflict had been solved long ago - East Jerusalem and West Jerusalem would solve the problem according to UN solution.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by ictplotter(m): 10:17am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

Like the way Boko haram is growing Islam in the north abi?
Ipob member I know you are still mourning Peter Obituary loss. Igbo man can never be a president of Nigeria, kindly take ur political and tribal funstration to elsewhere not Islam because u means nothing.
I knw you ar too lazy to research a common fact. Islam is the fastest growing faith in America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the rest of the world and today.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Creativity22: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2023
Brendaniel:

You want ceasefire for people that want to kill you, for me If I were Biden I would have been calling for the proscription of Islam till they modify their teachings and prove they can be civil with their religion....
Hope you know, there are consequences. Today, we have multi polar order.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Karnice600: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2023
VULCAN:
Hamas sympathizer has spoken

Nah. He’s never been a terrorist sympathizer.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by zaller(m): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2023
America a Terrorist state trying to protect their $3 Billion Dollars Investment(Israel) in the Middle East.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Buliwyf: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2023
Greenfusion:

So how has your written rubbish relate with what I stated..... it's only a stupid person that just replies other peoples message foolishly........if u want to comment on people's comment, u can do that without being stupid.

Look at this mad goat crying like a baby because I debunked his foolish beliefs. There is no one in your family and bloodline that is as smart as me. I guess when you come from a long line of moronic bastards every smart comment begins to look stupid to you. Don't worry it's not my comment that is stupid. It is your brain and the congenital stupidity you were born with. 😆

Dumb illiterates that don't know history and quote religious nonsense that can't even stand basic refutal. cheesy cheesy

By the way, if you truly can't see how what I wrote relates to your comment, I feel sorry for you. You are mentally handicapped. I hope you don't have children because a dumb animal gene like yours should not be passed to the next generation cry
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Marianwao(f): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2023
hotwax:

The UN behaved arrogant by not passing a resolution to condemn what Hamas did on October 7.

They rendered themselves illegitimate and incapable of conflict resolution by that stupid move.

Why is the UN afraid of Hamas? Or is Hamas bribing UN officials? UN itself needs investigation.

Two people are fighting, you are holding one down. That's not how a true peacemaker resolve fight.

On a final note, UN does not have any constitutional power to stop any country to stop defend itself. After all Putin is not facing any international criminal court, therefore netanyahu cannot face the same.
you just explained my point, you just started differently.

US has vetoed call for Isreal to face charges for some of its action 45 other times pre Oct 7th. My point is not to condemn Hamas or Isreal here. My point is UN will never be effective as long as the 5 permanent members will veto whatever that is not in their interest. This is why Russia is having it way in Ukraine despite the world's cry, this is why Isreal is having it way in Palestine, this is why China is having it way in Taiwan... Russia will always veto anything not in it interest, US the same and so China and the other 2 permanent members. In essence, the UN is useless.

1 Like

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by jimmynauty: 10:26am On Dec 09, 2023
God1000:

How many times hamas have gotten ceasefires and still triggeredanother crisis? 1,3,5? Do they thinkof their civilians?

Blame hamas not israel or biden.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Karnice600: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2023
MDK777:
UAE are fools and stupid, you have nothing to gain from USA UK and NATO yet you are ass licking them, they are evil, go with Russia, equipped your self with the necessary weapons and see USA UK and NATO will obey your call

grin grin

Clowns.

Russia wey dey struggle with filled hands with just a nuclear saving grace. You think these countries don’t see through what you can’t?
This is the same UAE in BRICS. Wake up.
Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by Karnice600: 10:30am On Dec 09, 2023
MDK777:
UAE are fools and stupid, you have nothing to gain from USA UK and NATO yet you are ass licking them, they are evil, go with Russia, equipped your self with the necessary weapons and see USA UK and NATO will obey your call

Re: US Vetoes UN Security Council Demand For Humanitarian Ceasefire In Gaza by mabea: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2023
God1000:

You are just blinded by unnecessary sentiments. Israel has a mission and the mission is destroy Hamas and free the hostages. Yes they will be casualties but the mission must be accomplished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahaya Jammeh's Application To Truncate Handover Rejected. / Oregon Teenager Attempts To Bomb High School / UK Inflation Exceeds 10% As Cost Of Living Soars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.