Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK (4597 Views)

Sultan Rubbishes "Operation Shege Ka Fasa" Outfit / Shege-Ka-Fasa: Northern Nigeria Security Outfit Launched (Photos) / Northern Groups Back Amotekun, Demand ‘Operation Shege Ka Fasa’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by thelegend1(m): 12:46am On Dec 10, 2023
As the economy continues to bite harder without any clear plan by the current administration to offer "renewed hope", the effects has now reached Nigerians in the diaspora.

- Earlier this month, UK reached a deal to repatriate asylum seekers back to Rwanda.
- Canada put embargo on Post graduate studies and increased proof of funds to $20,000 (over N20m)
- Now UK is gearing up to repatriate Nigerian students due to late payment of fees.

Mind you, in UK you can only work about 4 hours on student visa. So some people are still dependent on forex inflow from 9ja.
And this current govt is creating an artificial scarcity and backlog in forex payments...which is inevitably leading to companies winding down operations.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by missjekyll: 1:49am On Dec 10, 2023
You can work 20 hrs/ week on a student visa.
-The Rwanda crap is going nowhere
- The universities have always had the right to stop teaching you if you default on fees.

You sound envious, is everything right at home

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by socialmediaman: 1:57am On Dec 10, 2023
Why are they wasting money in the UK? Imagine they had remained in Nigeria and donated the money to FG. We would've used it to sponsor more delegates than China at COP28 and made history grin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by TopBanter: 2:10am On Dec 10, 2023
@OP.

Only God knows the angle you're working but stop spreading misinformation. As the poster above me has already schooled you, Nigerians on student visas can work 20 hours a week. I have many as friends and family member.

Why you engage in scaremongering with Rwanda I don't know. Even commonsense should tell you Rwanda should not be an option for Nigerian students because their status did not begin as asylum seekers, refugees or immigrants and they can therefore not be downgraded to that because of non-payment of tuition fees.

They have come to study in the UK. If they cannot pay school fee then the only option available to the UK home office would be to send them back to the nation of origin. Never Rwanda.

Many Nigerians seem to want to use social media space these day to present their bias-driven and deliberate misinformation, scaremongering and propaganda as the current truthful state of affairs. It is annoying.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by TopBanter: 2:12am On Dec 10, 2023
socialmediaman:
Why are they wasting money in the UK? Imagine they had remained in Nigeria and contributed the money to FG. We would've used it to sponsor more delegates than China at COP28 and made history grin

Another anti-govermment mischief maker and obidullard nuisance. Grow up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by socialmediaman: 2:16am On Dec 10, 2023
TopBanter:

You people hate Nigeria. What is wrong with Tinubu leading Nigeria to make history? grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by TopBanter: 2:51am On Dec 10, 2023
socialmediaman:

You people hate Nigeria. What is wrong with Tinubu leading Nigeria to make history? grin

Better go to church later and pray God makes your soul less bitter, hateful and troubled.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by nairacha: 4:17am On Dec 10, 2023
https://es.surveymonkey.com/r/FQSXZ6W
thelegend1:
As the economy continues to bite harder without any clear plan by the current administration to offer "renewed hope", the effects has now reached Nigerians in the diaspora.

- Earlier this month, UK reached a deal to repatriate asylum seekers back to Rwanda.
- Canada put embargo on Post graduate studies and increased proof of funds to $20,000 (over N20m)
- Now UK is gearing up to repatriate Nigerian students due to late payment of fees.

Mind you, in UK you can only work about 4 hours on student visa. So some people are still dependent on forex inflow from 9ja.
And this current govt is creating an artificial scarcity and backlog in forex payments...which is inevitably leading to companies winding down operations.
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Sholaco: 4:33am On Dec 10, 2023
missjekyll:
- The universities have always had the right to stop teaching you if you default on fees.

don't mind those malicious individuals

3 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Gadafii: 4:41am On Dec 10, 2023
This op is just a scaremonger nothing more😒😒

3 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Benwallt(m): 5:18am On Dec 10, 2023
missjekyll:

He is an IPOB, he and his tribe derive joy in bad news about Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by IamNotWariz: 5:52am On Dec 10, 2023
socialmediaman:
Why are they wasting money in the UK? Imagine they had remained in Nigeria and donated the money to FG. We would've used it to sponsor more delegates than China at COP28 and made history grin

Top notch sarcasm

4 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by NwaliE01: 6:02am On Dec 10, 2023
socialmediaman:
Hahhhaahaham Donate to federal government. We can't donate our heard earned money to the Know thieves.
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Acidosis(m): 6:31am On Dec 10, 2023
missjekyll:
The universities have always had the right to stop teaching you if you default on fees.

Why are they (especially those relying on inflows from Nigeria) defaulting on fees? You didn't address that.
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by 10thTenthMan: 6:50am On Dec 10, 2023
TopBanter:
@OP.

Only God knows the angle you're working but stop spreading misinformation. As the poster above me has already schooled you, Nigerians on student visas can work 20 hours a week. I have many as friends and family member.

Why you engage in scaremongering with Rwanda I don't know. Even commonsense should tell you Rwanda should not be an option for Nigerian students because their status did not begin as asylum seekers, refugees or immigrants and they can therefore not be downgraded to that because of non-payment of tuition fees.

They have come to study in the UK. If they cannot pay school fee then the only option available to the UK home office would be to send them back to the nation of origin. Never Rwanda.

Many Nigerians seem to want to use social media space these day to present their bias-driven and deliberate misinformation, scaremongering and propaganda as the current truthful state of affairs. It is annoying.

Are you very aware that a great percentage of people here and in Nigeria that disparage, insult and claim they can never leave Nigeria is mainly because most of them couldn’t:

-Write and achieve the required band in IELTS.
-Couldn’t get Admission
-Couldn’t gather the proof of funds
-Had their visitors and students visa denied
-etc.

THEY HAVE TURNED THEIR DISAPPOINTMENT INTO BITTERNESS. IT IS SIMPLY DEEPLY ROOTED ENVY!

Watch them quote my post and try to bash. But I don’t respond to insolent posts and mentions.

Many of them that you see here, Whenever something that is seemingly negative is in the news which may negatively impact Nigerians in diaspora, they feel happy. It is just sheer envy. This “good for you…serves you right….ntooooorrr…who sent you to japa…you better come back home”! display is absolutely unnecessary.

You notice how he twisted the new rules in UK and Canada. These rules are NOT STOPPING ANY STUDENT COMING TO THE UK. And these same rules are changed and adjusted almost every 2-5 years to control Imigration and ensure better standard of living. The Canada case became serious when Nigerian and Indian students were living on the streets because they couldn’t afford housing. They turned around and accused the schools and the Canadian federal and provincial governments of not taking care of them. A lot of schools in Canada also over admitted students. Consequently, the government had to ensure you come with enough funds to afford housing in a rising housing market, food, and other basic necessities of life abroad.

Why Nigerians become envious of other Nigerian’s beats me. Plans for my life are not the same plans you have. I want to leave Nigeria and you want to stay because Nigeria is sweet and you can pee on the road and misbehave and pay to avoid most consequences, no problems. Stay in your Nigeria. I want to see my kids grow up mostly free with no fear or worry and being locked up most times.

Why don’t you stay back peacefully, but wish me well as I wish you well back home? Why must there be joy and jubilation among some Nigerians back home when something seemingly negative wants to affect Nigerians in Diaspora? Why?

I encourage ALL THOSE IN DIASPORA to understand that life comes with challenges. And to keep keeping on. WE ARE NIGERIANS! THERE IS NOTHING THAT COMES FROM ABOVE THAT THE GROUND CANNOT AND COULD NOT CONTAIN. WE ARE RESILIENT. We are proud of our individual goals and aspirations. We will chase it.

Hopefully the crop of Nigerians in Diaspora will play a significant role in the Development of Nigeria by bringing back innovative technologies and administrative practices to better the country.

LET THE ENVY AND HATRED ON AND FOR THOSE IN DIASPORA STOP! IT DOES NO ONE ANY GOOD!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Ballmer: 6:52am On Dec 10, 2023
You have no idea what hate jealousy n bigotry as done to many of this foolish curse ipob igbos.

TopBanter:
@OP.

3 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Soulsymbol99: 6:56am On Dec 10, 2023
socialmediaman:

Aswear! Since thatz the kind of history we want to be making in this country undecided
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by TimeMachine2: 6:58am On Dec 10, 2023
Why should federal government subsidise your education if you are schooling abroad?

We have beautiful private universities here in nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by TopBanter: 7:14am On Dec 10, 2023
Ballmer:
You have no idea what hate jealousy n bigotry as done to many of this foolish curse ipob igbos.

I have always called Igbos “enemies-within” because of their anti-Nigeria outlook, behavior and sabotage of our nation worldwide.

They will never change because anyone who knows history will note that they have factually been same way long before independence.

The rest of us simply have to find ways to prevent our own so-called fellow citizens, enemies-within in reality, harming us. Sooner Tinubu makes everyone face their region exclusively, the better.

When all regions are autonomous and the Centre is near ceremonial alone, will Igbos have anymore excuse to continue fighting,badmouthing and attacking Nigeria and Nigerians?

They will have no choice but to face their leaders in the SE, the worst by far in Nigeria today, instead of ‘chooking’ their hypocritical mouths everywhere.

It it the Centre, as convened today, still giving haters and internal saboteurs of Nigeria the liver to beef Nigeria when their own region, States and leaders are wretched and nothing to write home about

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by TopBanter: 7:23am On Dec 10, 2023
10thTenthMan:

Are you very aware that a great percentage of people here and in Nigeria that disparage, insult and claim they can never leave Nigeria is mainly because most of them couldn’t

-Write and achieve the required band in IELTS.
-Couldn’t get Admission
-Couldn’t gather the proof of funds
-Had visitors and students visa denied
-etc.

IT IS SIMPLY DEEPLY ROOTED ENVY!

Watch them quote my post and try to bash. But I don’t respond to insolent posts and mentions.

Many of them you see here. Whenever something that is seemingly negative is in the news about Nigerians in diaspora, they feel happy. It is just sheer envy.

You notice how he twisted the new rules in UK and Canada. These rules are NOT STOPPING ANY STUDENT COMING TO THE UK. And these same rules are changed and adjusted almost every 2-5 years to control Imigration and ensure better standard of living. The Canada case became serious when Nigerian and Indian students were living on the streets because they couldn’t afford housing. They turned around and accuses the schools and the government of not taking care of them. Consequently the government had to ensure you come with enough funds to afford housing in a rising housing market.

Why Nigerians become envious of other Nigerian’s beats me. Plans for my life are not the same plans you have. I want to leave Nigeria and you want to stay because Nigeria is sweet, no problem. Why don’t you stay back peacefully, but wish me well as I wish you well back home?

I encourage ALL THOSE IN DIASPORA to understand that life comes with challenges. Hopefully the crop of Nigerians in Diaspora will play a significant role in the Development of Nigeria by bringing back innovative technologies and administrative practices to better the country.

I am well aware of their antics. They are sadistic haters, enemies of progress and agents of doom and gloom.

Why on earth talk about Rwanda that is basically a deal transforming the African nation into a ‘half-way house’ for Asylum seekers?

What on earth has that got to do with Nigerians studying abroad legally on student visas?

3 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Righthussle: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2023
I hear say money full for street to pick for UK. Why dem go pay their tuition late na.

1 Like

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by DaTruths: 8:47am On Dec 10, 2023
TopBanter:

Omo the Govt never tire you? E don tire me oh
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by DaTruths: 8:48am On Dec 10, 2023
Benwallt:

He is an IPOB, he and his tribe derive joy in bad news about Nigeria.

Omo the state of Nigeria now dey sweet me shege... Yoruba tribalists must be finding it easy.

Tinubu till all of una kpai grin
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Benwallt(m): 8:52am On Dec 10, 2023
DaTruths:

Omo the state of Nigeria now dey sweet me shege... Yoruba tribalists must be finding it easy.

Tinubu till all of una kpai grin

Na u go Kpai

1 Like

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by DaTruths: 8:54am On Dec 10, 2023
Benwallt:

Na u go Kpai

This is the best Govt, mumus must kpai grin
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by thelegend1(m): 9:04am On Dec 10, 2023
missjekyll:

Hi
- I said 4hrs (I never specified it was weekly). If you multiply it by 5 working days, doesn't that give you 20hrs weekly?
- I assume you work in UK parliament. Kindly post evidence of your claim that the Rwanda asylum won't work
- We've known the universities reserve the right to stop tutoring and report defaulting students. It is not peculiar to the UK alone. The point being made is the recent increase in late payments due to the CBN Forex calamity going on.

Finally, before you say I'm envious, where is the lie in my response?
You just read my post without an inkling of understanding and responded with a myopic predetermined mindset.
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by TopBanter: 9:06am On Dec 10, 2023
DaTruths:

Omo the Govt never tire you? E don tire me oh

What do you do with 'tired when faced with serious problems? How useful is being 'tired when existentialist challenges stares you in the face?

I don't have an issue with Nigerians being frustrated and angry but we cannot turn into toddlers, with no capacity to think, because of the situation on ground.

We should take a mature, realistic, pragmatic and problem-solving outlook to our current reality.

Tinubu's Government is 6 months old. For all Nigeria's problems,that has accumulated iver decades, he is the only President showing the bravery to initiate fundamental reforms that will position Nigeria on the path of sustenable growth and development.

It is worth giving him our support for at least a year to see if he can deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by thelegend1(m): 9:10am On Dec 10, 2023
For the rest turning this into a tribalistic, envious and anti-japa thread based on sentiments, pls read to understand rather than to respond prematurely.

It's not that hard.
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:23am On Dec 10, 2023
thelegend1:
For the rest turning this into a tribalistic, envious and anti-japa thread based on sentiments, pls read to understand rather than to respond prematurely.

It's not that hard.

If your intentions are genuine, then you should update the Canada part. Yes, they increased POF, but did not place an embargo on PGWP. PGWP remains 1 year for 1 year program and 3 years for programs that are 2 years and above. What you are confused about is the 18 months extension granted to PGWP holders who were unable to get PR before the expiration of their PGWP. It was a temporary measure introduced this year for the first time, not a permanent policy.

3 Likes

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by seborrhic: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2023
TopBanter:
@OP.

I am one advocate of dealing harshly with purveyors of fake news.It's becoming rampant and because nland is a faceless forum people feel they can forge any crap,post it and nothing will happen to them.
If it's not done,very soon people would just wake up,find one person or organisation image to tarnish or even cause a national uproar,simply over a news that is fake.

1 Like

Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by Blazebond(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2023
missjekyll:

Twenty hours a week is shit,it is nothing,the bills are piling up over for our Nigerian students there and for those that didn't go with dependants it is triple hard,life there is currently at maximum choke and it ain't funny anymore.
Re: Shege Pro Max Reaches Nigerians In UK by DaTruths: 10:49am On Dec 10, 2023
TopBanter:

What do you do with 'tired when faced with serious problems? How useful is being 'tired when existentialist challenges stares you in the face?

I don't have an issue with Nigerians being frustrated and angry but we cannot turn into toddlers, with no capacity to think, because of the situation on ground.

We should take a mature, realistic, pragmatic and problem-solving outlook to our current reality.

Tinubu's Government is 6 months old. For all Nigeria's problems,that has accumulated iver decades, he is the only President showing the bravery to initiate fundamental reforms that will position Nigeria on the path of sustenable growth and development.

It is worth giving him our support for at least a year to see if he can deliver.

It's not about not giving him time, he has all the time.
The problem is that the suffering increased since he came into power.

Is he to reduce the problem or to increase it? Ask yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie / Edo State Kicks Off State Id Project; Oshiomhole Registers and Receives ID Card / Nigerian Arrested In Houston, Texas For Money Order Fraud. Emmauel Akioyamen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.