Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story (795 Views)

TOLANI - A STORY (Love. Mystery. Suspense.) / Either Way You're Dead, A Mystery Story Authored By Akweh John Ven / The Last 12 Hours (A Short Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2023
CONT'D

Akin, though attentive to Mrs. Sheila's words, remained vigilant. " someone else like who? So, you believe Principal Maxwell should be held responsible for both the robberies and the murder?"

Mrs. Sheila, her tone measured, replied, "The vice principal of course, they hate each others gut and I believe accountability starts at the top. If he cannot ensure the safety and security of the school, then questions should be raised about his suitability and priorities as the principal."

As the interrogation unfolded, Akin couldn't shake the impression that Mrs. Sheila, despite her outward poise, held her own motivations and agendas within the intricate web of the unfolding mysteries.

" The principal is a shady fellow, Trust me on that, I think he was in debt all over again, I am telling you, The principal has a skeleton up in his cupboard, get him back here and throw questions at him and watch him melt," Mrs. Sheila revealed.

"You said Again, What's this about debts? Mrs. Sheila, I need information,"

"Listen, I don't know if you know but we have been forbidden to talk much about all of that, God and get the principal, he has alot to hide, the rest of us just want to get back home,"

The room, charged with unspoken tensions and veiled intentions, bore witness to the delicate dance between the detective and the elegantly dressed woman who seemed to navigate the questioning with professional ease.

" They said you were at your office, a block just opposite the scene, you didn't see or hear anything?" Akin asked, flipping through the file in his hands.

"Hear anything? Of course not, I was working, you would find it really hard to do anything else when your job is getting the figures right for an establishment, listen, am I done, can I go now?" She asked.

"Not yet, madam, just a few questions here and there,"

"Excuse me sir,"

It was Julius who walked in, his face looked defeated and tired, something had gone wrong, the seasoned detective could just feel it.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Let's go, my head is banging oh but let me go chow down and do some updating.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 5:40pm On Dec 13, 2023
CONT'D

"You bring news, good one I hope," Akin joined him where he stood.

Officer Julius Akinde, a loyal ally and bearer of unsettling news, entered the room with a solemn expression.

"Detective," Julius began, his tone laced with a blend of caution and concern, "we've received a directive from higher authorities. They want us to release the people we've been holding in connection to the recent incidents, it appears calls have been made, we no longer have any right to hold anyone except we are making an official arrest, "

Akin, furrowing his brow, looked up from his desk. "Release them? Why? We're in the midst of a murder investigation, and there's still the matter of the stolen money. We can't just let them go."

Julius, choosing his words carefully, leaned against the doorframe.

"Detective, the orders are coming from the top, They're also keen on wrapping this up swiftly, especially considering it's the Christmas period. They're willing to overlook the details and label it a suicide. It's a small community, after all, and sooner or later it will become a headache for them."

Akin, a sense of frustration building within him, slammed his hand on the desk.

"Damn it, letting them off now, is only going to favor the murderer or murderers and What about the stolen money? We can't just ignore that, "

"About that, sir, I am sorry, I know I am not a detective but really what's the angle there, I don't get it too, why focus on the robbery, my men are talking to it too, It's strange," Julius admitted his concerns.

Akin, his sense of duty conflicting with the harsh reality of bureaucracy, ran a hand through his hair.

"The victim, what is your take on him, what do you think about him?"

"Him? , well nothing really, there is nothing I can think or say about him, he is just another unfortunate person," Julius revealed.

"Exactly, there is nothing that so far makes him standout for a victim of murder in a school, except he must have heard or saw something he shouldn't have, I went through the pictures and witnesses statements, he wasn't just killed by accident, you saw the stabs, they weren't clean cuts too, so it was never premeditated and the last time I checked the only issue worth such a crime is the stolen 1.2 million naira from a vault that seems impenetrable,"

Julius, sensing the thought pattern about the theory and motive, "Impressive, this is incredible sir, I see reasons to why you are taking the Narrow path even more and Ishare your concerns, Detective . But you need to think about the bigger picture. If you push too hard, you might find yourself on the wrong side of the authorities. Small community, unknown faces—this case might not be worth the trouble it's stirring up."

Akin, torn between his commitment to justice and the pragmatic advice from Julius, contemplated the difficult choices ahead.

"We can't let them go just like that," Akin asserted, his voice resolute.

"I will buy you enough time for one more interview and that's it, in the main time, my man has been called back, he had a bit of time getting off his personal assignment and bringing in the file but the higher ups, see no reason he should be back here, don't worry, I will personally handle it once we return to the station, " Julius reassured the detective.

" I need to find the murderer and unravel the mysteries behind these crimes, regardless of what the higher-ups want."

Julius, understanding the weight of Akin's decision, nodded SOLEMNLY and disappeared down the passages.

"You can go Mrs. Sheila, Kindly help me inform Mr. Matthew, I would like to have a word with him, next!" Akin turned to Mrs. Sheila who had made herself comfortable and had began her pedicure, cleaning out her nails.

"If you say so but I doubt you will get anything useful from him," Mrs Sheila said.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2023
CONT'D

The Vice Principal Matthew strode into the room. His demeanor, a mix of anticipation and trepidation, betrayed the weight of the questions that loomed ahead.

Detective Akin Oladele, seated at his desk, regarded Mr. Matthew with a stern yet inquisitive gaze. Officer Julius Akinde, ever the bearer of disheartening news, joined them, his presence once again adding an air of authority to the tense atmosphere.

"Mr. Matthew," Akin began, his voice measured, "we need to continue our questioning regarding the recent events—the robberies and the murder. We're still in the dark about crucial details, and time is running out."

Mr. Matthew, seemingly on edge, nodded in acknowledgment. "I understand, Detective. I'm willing to cooperate and provide any information I can."

Before Akin could delve into the questioning, Julius intervened, his expression betraying a mixture of reluctance and a sense of duty.

"Detective, I've just received yet another call. We're to release Mr. Matthew and the others immediately with no further delays. It's coming from above, and there's no room for negotiation, my job has been threatened, "

Akin, frustration etched across his features, shot Mr. Matthew a pointed look.

"This doesn't mean the investigation is over. We will continue to look into these matters, and I expect your full cooperation, Mr. Matthew."

Mr. Matthew, a hint of relief flickering in his eyes, responded, "Of course, Detective. I appreciate your understanding. If there's anything I can do to assist, please let me know, so I can go now? "

"Yes, you may take your leave now!" Officer Julius waved him to leave.

As Mr. Matthew left the room, a sense of resignation hung in the air. Akin, unsettled by the abrupt turn of events, watched as the vice principal walked away, the weight of unresolved truths still heavy upon the case.

Julius, his gaze fixed on the departing figure, approached Akin.

"I know this is frustrating, Detective, but our hands are tied for now. The higher-ups want this case closed even now, the body of the victim has been returned to his family and an official report is been made without your knowledge, we can't go against their orders, remember, you were called in only to assist the investigation as a detective, you would need some serious backing from Igidah authorities and authorization of the victims family to go on, "

Akin, though seething with inner turmoil, nodded in acknowledgment. "I won't let this go, Julius. I'll continue my investigation on the sidelines. I need more time to unravel the truth behind these crimes, whatever it takes, I don't let things go, this is my job, that victim is my job, "

Julius, understanding the detective's determination, whispered, "You have until Christmas, Akin. That's the best I can do. After that, the orders are clear—we bury this case and move on. The community will move on and make it seem like a bad dream to be forgotten and just like the higher-ups are doing already, "

As Julius walked away, Akin was left alone in the dimly lit office, surrounded by the remnants of a case that seemed destined to be swallowed by the shadows.

Outside, the fading daylight cast long shadows, a metaphor for the dwindling time Akin had to bring the truth to light.

The distant hum of departing cars and the shuffle of people going about their evening routines echoed through the school building.

Akin, a solitary figure in a narrative riddled with complexity, felt the weight of responsibility settle upon his shoulders.

With the deadline looming and the pressure mounting, he knew that the race against time had only intensified, and the mysteries of the murder remained shrouded in an enigmatic darkness.

He produced his little note and circled the name. "MR MATTHEW"
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
CONT'D

Detective Akin Oladele trudged wearily into his modest self-contained home, the door creaking softly as he closed it behind him.

The dim glow of a single bulb illuminated the space, revealing a home that, like its occupant, carried the weight of simplicity and frugality.

Lucia, his heavily pregnant wife expecting triplets, greeted him with a warm smile despite the fatigue etched on her face.

She waddled over to him, her hands cradling her burgeoning belly.

"Welcome home, my detective," Lucia said, her voice a gentle melody in the otherwise quiet room.

Akin, mustering a tired smile, kissed her forehead. "Thank you, love. How was your day?"

Lucia, her eyes reflecting a mix of exhaustion and contentment, replied, "I went to the clinic for a check-up. The doctor says everything is progressing well, and the babies are healthy. They're just as eager to meet their daddy as I am."

Akin's fatigue momentarily lifted at the news, replaced by a flicker of joy.

"That's wonderful to hear, Lucia. Our little detectives are growing strong."

Lucia chuckled, a sound that resonated with the joy of impending parenthood. "Triple trouble on the way. I hope they inherit your determination, Akin."

As they settled into the worn-out sofa, Akin recounted the events of the day, the frustrations of the investigation, and the looming deadline imposed by higher authorities.

Lucia listened attentively, her hand resting on Akin's as if to offer solace in the face of professional turmoil.

"I wish I could do more, Akin," Lucia said softly. "But I know you're doing your best. We'll get through this together."

Akin, appreciating his wife's unwavering support, leaned in to kiss her forehead again. "I'm grateful to have you by my side, Lucia. Your strength is my anchor in these stormy times."

As Lucia excused herself to retire for the night, Akin remained seated in the dimly lit room, the weight of the day settling upon his shoulders.

The flickering bulb cast dancing shadows on the walls, a visual metaphor for the mysteries that continued to elude him.

Alone in his thoughts, Akin allowed himself a moment of introspection. The room, sparsely furnished and humble in its offerings, echoed with the silence of contemplation.

He pondered the complexities of the case, the impending responsibilities of fatherhood, and the delicate balance he needed to strike between duty and family.

In the quiet hours that followed, Detective Akin Oladele, a man grappling with the enigmas of both his professional and personal life, found solace in the comforting embrace of the dimly lit room that, like him, harbored stories waiting to be unravelled.

He could however not get over the fact that somewhere in Igidah, a family tonight would be without a brother, a son, a father, an uncle or a husband.

There was no excuses for him to abandon the case, tomorrow his D. P. O would do him a little favor that would ensure justice was properly served.

END OF CHAPTER 4
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
Don't hold your breath, starting chapter five today sometime soon.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2023
CHAPTER FIVE ABANDONED ENIGMA

Detective Akin Oladele roared through the familiar streets of Ogbasia on his motorcycle, the engine's growl echoing the urgency within him, his plan was simple and thorough, get the case transferred directly to his division.

As he parked in front of the police station, he could already sense the looming storm, a battle against bureaucratic tides that threatened to drown the pursuit of justice.

Inside the station, the air carried the typical scent of bureaucracy — a mix of aged papers and fleeting ambitions. Akin navigated the maze of corridors, past desks cluttered with paperwork and officers engaged in their daily routines, until he reached the office of Superintendent Babatunde Ayefele, the cheerful faced D.P.O.

"Detective Oladele," Superintendent Ayefele greeted, glancing up from a stack of reports. "What brings you here with such determination this morning?"

Akin, wasting no time, pulled up a chair and leaned across the D.P.O's cluttered desk. "I need your help, sir. The Igidah branch has been pulling up strings that have been hampering the murder investigation But there's more to it than they're letting on. I need you to call in a favor and get the case transferred to our branch immediately, it's the only way I can force their hand on the issue, "

Superintendent Ayefele arched an eyebrow, a silent invitation for Akin to elaborate.

Akin proceeded to lay out the entire theory he had pieced together, the potential motives, and the urgent need for a thorough investigation.

"The higher-ups want to close this case prematurely, sir," Akin emphasized. "But I believe there's more at play here. The murders, the stolen money — they're connected, and I can't let it be swept under the rug because someone doesn't want their Christmas celebration ruined. I need your support to keep digging."

The D.P.O, his gaze contemplative, sighed. "Akin, you're asking for a favor that might not be easy to grant. Transferring a case between branches involves a lot of red tape and bureaucracy. The higher-ups won't be pleased if we intervene in this manner plus we are talking about hurting the usually nonexistent relationship we have with other branches, "

Akin, unyielding, leaned forward. "Sir, I've spent my career chasing down criminals and seeking justice. I can't stand by and watch a case crumble because of bureaucratic decisions. Lives are at stake, and there's a murderer out there. I won't let this case die prematurely, they asked for my assistance, it comes with a bill and I am willing to pay that bill if they won't, "

Superintendent Ayefele, after a moment of thoughtful silence, sighed again. "Alright, Akin. I'll make the call, but I can't promise anything. You go wait outside, and I'll see what strings I can pull, give or take an hour should decide things, "

Akin nodded, grateful for the D.P.O's willingness to entertain the request.

As he stepped out of the office, the station's bustling activity seemed to blur into a background hum. The minutes ticked by slowly, each second an agonizing reminder of the critical juncture the investigation had reached.

In the confined space of uncertainty, Akin's mind raced with the possibilities that lay ahead.

The clatter of typewriters, the distant chatter of officers, and the occasional ringing of phones served as the ambient soundtrack to the silent battle being fought on behalf of justice.

Akin, his posture tense with anticipation, waited for the outcome of the D.P.O's efforts — a plea to elevate a case beyond the confines of bureaucratic constraints.

The station, a microcosm of law and order, held its breath as the wheels of justice turned, and the fate of the Igidah case hung in the delicate balance between duty and protocol.

His phone rang out of nowhere, the caller, yet again, unknown.

"Hello, who is this?"

"Oga detective, it's me sir, Titus, Mr. Vincent's friend, good morning sir,"

The elf assistant as akin remembered had called in.

"yes, Mr. Titus, good morning, how are you?"

"I am fine sir, Eh, I have been thinking sir, there is something else i don't know how important it is shall, but you know people talk, One of Oga benji's boys came to sympathize with the family, He made mention of an accident that happened in the school earlier last year which Vincent was a witness to, a laborer died at the construction site of the school's laboratory, it was an unfortunate event but I didn't know Vincent was one of the hired hands until yesterday, it is surprising because he has never said anything about the accident but again we don't talk much about irrelevant things.... Anyway that's all sir, " Titus revealed.

This was certainly some information, akin thought.

" So You mean Vincent had been in the school ground longer than the times he played father Christmas?"

" Well, nah like that I take see am oh, so what does this mean? "

" I can't say right now but thank you for this information, you have helped me in ways you can only imagine, "

The call ended shortly as akin produced his little note once again, something had just ticked in his head.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2023
CONT'D

The morning sun hung high in the sky as Detective Akin Oladele navigated the dusty trails of Igidah, fuelled with new insight he had gone out to investigate, trusting his boss would come through on his words.

He veered toward a construction site, a hive of activity where the rhythmic thud of hammers and the metallic clinks of construction echoed through the air.

Approaching the site supervisor, a robust man with a weathered face and deep Yoruba tribal marks adorning his cheeks, Akin introduced himself.

"Mr. Olawole, I was told I would find you here, I'm Detective Akin Oladele. I'm investigating the death of a certain resident of Igidah, Mr. Vincent, the murdered father Christmas and I'd like to ask you a few questions."

Olawole, a one-eyed man who exuded an air of authority, wiped sweat from his brow with the back of his hand. "Policeman, what can I do for you?"

Akin delved into the purpose of his visit, inquiring about the victim, Mr. Vincent. Olawole's eyes, weathered by years of overseeing construction endeavors, softened with recollection.

"Ah, Vincent. He worked for me in the past, a job here and there and that was it, although my brother seems to have permanently hooked him up on the showbiz nonsense" Olawole admitted irritatingly, his voice carrying the weight of memories.

"Your brother... Oga benji?" Akin asked

"of course or has he denied me like he does everything, benji is my younger brother, he has worked more with the victim, everyone wants to go into showbiz now," Olawole admitted regrettably.

Akin, sensing the need for delicacy, explained the circumstances surrounding Mr. Vincent's demise.

" I want to know something about Mr Vincent's job with you working at the school, anything you can remember, would be of help!"

Olawole's remaining eye widened in surprise and concern.

"something to remember you say? Of course I remember something, your friend or the victim caused the death of a co worker in that school, of course they will say it was an accident but I know what I am saying," Olawole emphasized emphatically.

"wait, what are you saying right now? Are you saying the victim is in fact a murderer in another accident that happened in that school? "

Olawole exclaimed. "I am telling you, your victim himself made another person of this same thing you are now going around trying to solve, Vincent is no saint but he had my brother and the principal and the vice principal who ensured it was declared an unfortunate accident but I am telling you the truth, of course karma never forgets,"

As the conversation unfolded, Akin's phone buzzed in his pocket. Retrieving it, he saw a text from Superintendent Ayefele, the D.P.O. The message conveyed the news he had been eagerly awaiting — the case was officially in their jurisdiction, and Akin was granted the green light to continue his investigation.

Akin couldn't help but smile at the welcome news.

It was a victory, a reprieve from the bureaucratic constraints that had threatened to stifle his pursuit of justice. He acknowledged the text with a brief reply, thanking the D.P.O for his intervention.

"The other two I can understand But why would your brother agree to the cover up, what did he stand to gain?"

"who knows why my brother does the things he does, we were making a lot of money, Igidah was our small business hub, suddenly he got greedier and overambitious that's what, it doesn't matter though, it hasn't changed anything, the kids on the street still hawk drugs and engage in all sort of crimes, and now we even have a murderer in our midst, my ten cent is this, go and talk to that greedy bastard of my brother but don't for once expect him to tell you the truth of anything, he is not to be trusted, he would sell his brother for the right price, I tell you! "

Turning his attention back to hits workers, Olawole had finished his interview.

The journey through Igidah's labyrinth of mysteries had just begun, and Detective Akin Oladele was determined to unravel the threads, here was another entirely different and possible murder and cover up by the victim and two well established suspects, how interesting this seemed to the detective.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
CONT'D

The sun beginning its descent on the horizon. He headed towards the local bar where Oga Benji, the brother of the construction site supervisor, Mr. Olawole, could often be found as directed, it was one of the many establishments he was said to own.

As he approached the establishment, Akin couldn't help but notice the gathering of youngsters and hard-looking individuals lingering around the entrance.

The air was thick with the scent of cigarettes and the distant hum of conversations that abruptly ceased as Akin dismounted his motorcycle.

Entering the bar, Akin spotted Oga Benji at a corner table, surrounded by an entourage that exuded an air of streetwise confidence.

The low murmur of discussions halted as Akin approached, eyes briefly meeting the watchful gazes of those seated around Oga Benji.

"Oga Benji?" Akin spoke, introducing himself with a nod. "I'm Detective Akin Oladele, investigating the recent murder, Mr Vincent in Igidah. Mind if I ask you a few questions?"

Oga Benji, a man whose demeanor suggested he was no stranger to the shadows, offered a casual smile. "you people and questions, unfortunately I have been expecting you, I was told of what happened,"

Akin took a seat across from Oga Benji, mindful of the collective scrutiny he was under.

"I'd like to talk about the victim, I am meant to believe, he was one of your boys? Any information you can provide might be crucial to the investigation."

"He was one of my boys, they are all one of my boys, I look out for the and they look out for my businesses, they are my family," Oga Benji gave a cautious smile, signaling one to bring some bottles of beer for the visitor.

"speaking about family, I spoke with your brother,"

Oga Benji's countenance shifted from affable to guarded. "Olawole? That troublemaker again? I don't associate with his kind. He's always stirring up problems where there ain't none, if he has told you something, good luck with it."

Akin leaned forward, maintaining eye contact. "I understand there might be tensions between you and your brother, but any information you can share about the victim, his recent activities or connections would be valuable."

Oga Benji scoffed, dismissively waving a hand. "I don't keep tabs on all my employees and as for Olawole . We've got our separate lives. He's just jealous of my success, always has been."

Akin, sensing the resistance, pressed further. "I've heard rumors about connections between the school principal, Mr. Maxwell, and individuals in this community. Do you have any knowledge of such associations?"

Oga Benji's gaze hardened, and a subtle tension rippled through the air. "Detective, I don't know what you're talking about. The principal is a pillar of the community, we got nothing to do with each other except make deals on their various festivals and ceremonies like the Christmas party which
I got Vincent for,"

"There was another accident, earlier last year,"

"Please if you'll excuse me, I've got business to attend to and except you intend to handcuff me for something, I don't think I want to have another conversation with you, have a bottle or two, don't worry, I own this place, it's free beer, "

With that, Oga Benji rose from his seat, signaling to his entourage as he made his way through the dimly lit bar.

The members of his crew cast wary glances at Akin before following their leader. The ambient murmur resumed as they departed, leaving Akin alone at the table with a sense of unanswered questions lingering in the air.

As he watched Oga Benji retreat into the shadows of the bar, Akin couldn't shake the feeling that the man knew more than he was willing to divulge.

The intricate web of connections and alliances within Igidah remained elusive, and Oga Benji's dismissal only fueled Akin's determination to uncover the truth that lay concealed beneath the surface of the community's secrets.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 9:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
CONT'D

Detective Akin Oladele steered his motorcycle through the dusty lanes of Igidah, his destination clear in his mind.

The sun had dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows that danced along the edges of the community.

As he approached Miss Olivia's residence, he couldn't help but ponder the complex web of connections and tensions that defined Igidah's social fabric.

Miss Olivia, a seasoned teacher at God Bless My Own Secondary School, welcomed Akin into her modest home. The air inside was laced with the scent of incense, creating an atmosphere that straddled the line between tranquility and intrigue.

"Oga detective Akin, please have a seat," Olivia gestured toward a worn-out sofa, its fabric bearing the marks of time. Akin obliged, settling into the seat as he glanced around the room, taking note of the framed certificates adorning the walls – testaments to Olivia's dedication to education.

"I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me, Miss Olivia. I'm here to gather more information about the community, particularly regarding the Olawole brothers and their influence," Akin began, his gaze focused on Olivia.

Olivia, her eyes reflecting years of experience, nodded in acknowledgment. "The Olawole brothers, Oga Benji and Mr. Olawole, are influential figures in Igidah, but their paths have diverged over the years. They were born as the bastard sons of an oba, although the title was never officially bestowed upon them. Despite not being associated with royalty, the Igidah people accord them a certain level of respect due to their lineage."

Akin listened attentively, absorbing the intricacies of the community's dynamics. "Tell me more about the rivalry between them. What's the source of the bad blood?"

Olivia leaned back, her expression thoughtful. "The bad blood stems from a combination of personal and community dynamics. Oga Benji, despite being the older brother, has faced challenges to his influence in recent times. Some say he's involved in questionable activities like land grabbing and possibly even drug peddling. Mr. Olawole, on the other hand, has managed to maintain a more respectable image, at least on the surface."

Akin considered the implications of Olivia's revelations. "So, there's a power struggle between them?"

"Indeed," Olivia confirmed. "Oga Benji, despite his affable exterior, is known for ruthless tactics to maintain control. The rise of Mr. Olawole's influence has challenged Oga Benji's authority, leading to tensions not just between the brothers but also within the broader community. The Igidah people are caught in the crossfire of this power struggle."

Akin sensed there was more beneath the surface. "Miss Olivia, do you believe Oga Benji is capable of more than just land grabbing and drug peddling? Is there any connection between him and the murder?"

Olivia hesitated for a moment, her eyes narrowing as she considered her words. "I can't say for certain, Detective, but I wouldn't put anything past Oga Benji. He's a master of presenting one face to the public while concealing another. The recent events in Igidah, including the murder and the robbery, might have more to do with this power play than meets the eye."

Akin pondered the information, his mind working to piece together the puzzle.

"Miss Olivia, I appreciate your openness. This sheds light on the dynamics at play. Is there anything else you think I should know, particularly regarding the Olawole brothers and their connections?"

"Be cautious, Detective," Olivia cautioned. "Oga Benji is a shrewd man. If there's more to be uncovered, it won't come easy. And remember, appearances can be deceiving, if he is somehow involved then you have to start watching out for your self, "

As Akin prepared to leave, he thanked Miss Olivia for her insights, the weight of the community's complexities settling on his shoulders and with the warning echoing in his head, he set out for the Igidah police station.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
See you all tomorrow, it's goodnight from me to you all, dear readers.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2023
Dropping updates by noon, see you soon.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2023
CONT'D

Detective Akin Oladele navigated the narrow streets of Igidah, his motorcycle threading through the evening shadows.

The air was thick with a sense of intrigue and uncertainty as he approached the local police station.

His visit was aimed at gathering more information about the robbery that had occurred a week prior, a crucial piece of the puzzle that seemed to have slipped through the bureaucratic cracks.

The Igidah police station, Division 23 in the Ogbasia area of Lagos state, stood as a small structure, a testament to the challenges faced by law enforcement in a community overshadowed by larger urban centers.

Akin dismounted his motorcycle, the distant sounds of the evening enveloping him as he entered the station.

Inside, Officer Julius Akinde was stationed near the front desk, engaged in a conversation with a colleague.

Akin approached, nodding in greeting as he waited for Julius to acknowledge his presence.

"Officer Julius, I need to follow up on the robbery case from a week ago. I was hoping to get some information, I believe by now you have been informed the case has now been fully transferred over to my division," Akin stated, his tone professional but tinged with urgency.

Julius glanced around, his demeanor shifting from casual to guarded. "Detective Akin, you know how it is. Small stations like ours, things can slip through the cracks. The officer in charge of the robbery case, never filed it in, I personally checked the records, there is zero records it was ever documented."

Akin raised an eyebrow, sensing an undercurrent of hesitation in Julius's response. As Julius made his way toward the records section, Akin couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. He wondered how a robbery involving a significant sum of money could go unnoticed within the police records.

After a brief interval, Julius returned, a troubled expression on his face. "Detective, I've checked once again, but there's no record of any robbery in the past week. It's like it never happened, I won't blame the said officer, when stuff happens here, it just happens, we are not used to robberies and murders and all, no one wants to go through the process of answering for stuff like that."

Akin's suspicions deepened. "No record at all? That doesn't add up. Are you telling me there's no information on a theft of 1.2 million naira from the school's vault, 1.2 million naira in the year 2005 is a big deal, it's a jackpot and the officer - Who is the officer, I want a name? "

Julius sighed, avoiding direct eye contact. "Look, Detective Akin, I can't give you names and I don't have all the answers besides this case isn't any of our business anymore, see the community has gone past the shock and everyone has began to settle in for the festivities . Maybe it's a mistake, or maybe someone wanted it to be buried, I don't know and sorry to say but I have been told to hands off the case, if you have further questions, go see my oga, I could get in alot of trouble, now "

Akin's mind raced, contemplating the implications of a deliberately overlooked robbery. "Someone intentionally keeping this quiet? That's a red flag. I need to get to the bottom of this, Julius."

Julius shifted uncomfortably. "Detective, I've been told not to render any assistance to you. The case has been transferred, and there are orders from higher up."

"So they expect me to start up this investigation from scratch with no assist whatever?" Akin asked.

Julius hesitated before responding, glancing over his shoulder as if checking for prying eyes. "I don't have all the details, but it's clear they don't want you digging too deep into this. You're on your own, Detective."

As Akin absorbed the gravity of the situation, he became aware of being watched.

A shadowy figure lingered in the periphery, observing their exchange with a level of interest that sent a chill down Akin's spine.

The informant, or perhaps an agent of the mysterious forces at play, remained shrouded in anonymity.

Akin thanked Julius for what little information he could provide and left the police station, the weight of a hidden conspiracy settling over him like an ominous cloud. As he rode away on his motorcycle, he pondered the implications of a deliberately concealed robbery and the lengths to which certain individuals were willing to go to protect their secrets.

The game had escalated, and Detective Akin Oladele found himself entangled in a web of intrigue that stretched beyond the confines of Igidah, reaching into the corridors of power and manipulation.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2023
CONT'D

As Detective Akin Oladele rode away from the Igidah police station past noon time, the call from the songstress interrupted the quiet hum of the night.

The voice on the other end held a tremor of urgency and a hint of trepidation.

"Detective Akin, I have information you might find valuable. There's an incident involving the death of a laborer and Vincent, is it worth anything to you? I can share the details, but I need some financial assistance. Can you help with 10,000 naira?"

"I can help, but let's be reasonable. I can only spare 2,000 naira for the information. Where and when should we meet?" Akin responded, his tone measured.

The songstress hesitated, the weight of her decision palpable through the phone. "Fine, 2,000. Meet me at the I. K Hotel close to the abandoned warehouse near the canal system dug outskirt. 9 o'clock tonight."

The connection severed, leaving Akin with a lingering sense of unease. He pondered the impending meeting, wondering what secrets awaited him in the shadows of the abandoned warehouse.

For now, Akin decided to pay a visit to the vice principal.

The school's administrative trinity—Mr. Martin Olawole, Mrs. Sheila, and Mr. Petrol Davies—remained pivotal figures, each holding a piece of the puzzle.

As Akin approached the address, he remained oblivious to the shadowy figure that trailed him discreetly.

The enigmatic watcher, lurking in the periphery, seemed to move with a purpose, always keeping a safe distance from the detective.

Outside the gate, Akin knocked, and a muffled voice from within granted him entry, the gate was pushed opened.

"Detective Akin, what brings you here?" Mr. Olawole inquired, his tone a mix of politeness and suspicion.

Akin, ever observant, took note of his expression " Well, we never got to asking questions yesterday properly, here to discuss The stolen money, the murder, and now, potential cover-ups. I need answers."

"I would have said you are wasting your time, I have nothing to hide but it's your call, come on in," He beckoned on the detective to come on.

Once inside and seated, Akin leaned forward, his eyes fixed on Mr Mathew . "I want the truth. And I have reason to believe that there's more to these incidents than meets the eye. The stolen money, the murder, and now, an alleged cover-up involving a laborer's death."

The last bit of the detective response startled the vice principal who began to act nervously.

"Detective, we're just educators trying to run a school. We have no involvement in criminal activities, fine, we didn't want any false news or something that would tarnish the name of the school"

"Who is the we in question?" Akin asked.

There was clear indications, Mr. Mathew had begun picky with his words.

"The administration, I mean, The principal himself and Eh, well ME, my self," He admitted falsely.

"What about Oga Benji, what exactly happened that day, I am very sure you can still remember that day," Akin pressed on.

"Well, I don't know anything really, I was in my office and someone came to tell me-I can't remember who, that person told me what had happened, that there a laborer had fallen into a ditch of some kind and died - listen, this was over a year ago, You must understand I can't be able to say all I saw that day, " Mr. Matthew replied shakily.

Akin remained undeterred. "I'll be the judge of that. Who hired Oga Benji and his laborers, was it you?"

"No of course not, such was Mr. Davies work, repair and maintenance and those responsible are Davies work however for the school's laboratory project, Mr. Maxwell handled everything, he got Oga Benji instead of his brother, he said labor was cheaper that way,"

" So maxwell and oga Benji are quite familiar, isn't it? " Akin said to himself.

It would explain a lot, Maxwell hires oga Benji and Benji hired Vincent, however still, what did Oga Benji stand to gain from the cover up if there was in fact a cover up ; something the songstress would fill in.

As the tension in the room mounted, the shadowy figure outside waited to observe, the detective soon appeared outside the gate and drove off and once again, the trailing continued.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2023
CONT'D

Under the dim glow of a flickering streetlamp, Detective Akin Oladele stood outside the hotel, the cool night air carrying a sense of anticipation, already he had phoned his wife about his late arrival home; a decision she had taken in good faith and wished him good luck.

Julius Akinde, the local police officer, approached with a hesitant gait after alighting a bike, his features etched with both concern and reluctance.

"Detective Akin, are you sure about this? I mean, involving outsiders in this matter..." Julius began, his words trailing off with a note of caution.

Akin met his gaze squarely, the weight of responsibility etched on his countenance.

"Julius, I appreciate your concern, but this town is entangled in a web of secrets. We need to unravel them, and I can't do it alone. I've requested your backup because I trust you,"

Julius sighed, glancing around nervously. "Detective, you're treading on thin ice. This is risky, and you know it. But I can't leave you hanging. Just be careful, okay?"

Akin nodded in acknowledgment, reaching into his coat to produce his police-issued pistol.

The cold metal gleamed in the muted light as he checked it with practiced efficiency.

He holstered the weapon, locking eyes with Julius. "I'll be fine. You watch the scene, and if anything goes south, you know what to do."

Julius nodded solemnly, his unease palpable. "Just promise me you'll be cautious. The songstress might not have the purest intentions."

Akin offered a faint smile, appreciating the genuine concern from a fellow officer. "I've been in this game long enough, Julius. I'll tread carefully. Let's get this done."

As he approached the hotel entrance, the shadowy figure that had trailed Akin earlier remained elusive, blending into the darkness like a phantom observer.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2023
CONT'D

The hotel room, dimly lit and reeking of desperation, welcomed Detective Akin Oladele with a stifling atmosphere.

The air was thick with the acrid scent of vice, a stark contrast to the crisp night outside.

Akin approached the room door he had located, his senses alert to the undercurrents of criminality that pervaded the place.

A perfunctory knock yielded no response, and Akin, trusting his instincts, pushed the door open.

The scene that unfolded within was a tableau of chaos and unexpected violence. The room, barely lit by a flickering bulb, bore witness to a struggle.

The lifeless form of the songstress lay sprawled on the floor, her head tie askew from the apparent struggle.

Caught off guard, Akin's eyes widened as he registered the grim tableau. Before he could fully comprehend the situation, a loud gunshot shattered the uneasy silence, reverberating through the confined space.

The acoustics of the cheap hotel magnified the sound, creating an ominous resonance.

Akin instinctively reached for his holstered pistol, his senses on high alert. The room seemed to close in around him, and the air grew heavy with tension.

Another sound pierced the night—a scream, raw and visceral. Akin recognized it as Julius's voice, a cry that carried the weight of distress.

Without a moment's hesitation, Akin rushed towards the source of the commotion, propelled by a mix of adrenaline and determination.

The sordid underworld of the hotel corridor turned chaotic as many abandoned their illicit transactions and ran for safety.

As he approached the origin of the sounds, Akin's mind raced with possibilities. The gunshot, the scream—each a puzzle piece in a larger, more sinister picture.

The corridor widened into a dimly lit intersection, revealing the source of the chaos. There, amidst the murky shadows, lay Julius, terribly wounded by a single shot to the stomach but alive.

The sight of his fellow officer stirred a complex mix of relief and concern within Akin.

"Julius! What happened?" Akin demanded, his eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of the assailant.

With visible pain and urgency, Julius managed to utter, "Ambush, someone shot me from... someone else... Was on a bike... that way." He gestured weakly towards the road.

"Don't worry about all that, you are not going to die, I will get you to a hospital,"

Akin's jaw clenched as he processed the information. The situation had escalated, and the mysteries of Igidah deepened with every twist.

END OF CHAPTER 5

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2023
CHAPTER SIX INTRICATE WEBS

The shrill ring of Akin's phone pierced the air, cutting through the quiet hum of the hospital waiting room. He fumbled to answer, anxiety knotting in his chest. The DPO's voice echoed through the line, stern and urgent.

"Akin, this case is getting messier by the minute. I need you to tighten the screws, connect the dots, and find out who's behind all of this. We can't afford more casualties, there are people asking a lot of questions now, you give me answers, and I mean soon You hear me?"

Akin nodded, though the DPO couldn't see it. "I'm on it, sir. I won't rest until I get to the bottom of this."

The call ended abruptly, leaving Akin with a sense of heightened responsibility.

The weight of the town's secrets bore down on him, urging him to unravel the mysteries that had claimed lives and threatened to consume Igidah in darkness.

Just as he pocketed his phone, the hospital intercom crackled to life, calling for Detective Akin Oladele.

Panic gripped his heart as he hurriedly made his way to the front desk, thoughts racing. The receptionist, a tired-looking woman with kind eyes, directed him to the emergency room, he hadn't quite admitted Julius in a nearby hospital before he was called due to a personal emergency.

In the sterile, white-walled corridor, Akin quickened his pace, the echo of his footsteps a hollow drumbeat of apprehension. He pushed open the door to find the hospital staff huddled around a gurney where his wife, Lucia, lay pale and unconscious.

"Lucia!" Akin's voice broke with a mixture of fear and anguish. He rushed to her side, clasping her cold hand in his. The medical team explained that she had fainted and was now undergoing tests to determine the cause.

Akin sat in the cold, sterile waiting room, his mind in turmoil. The specter of danger loomed over Igidah, and now it had reached his doorstep, threatening the one person he held dearest. The hospital's fluorescent lights cast a harsh glow, accentuating the weariness etched on Akin's face.

As he anxiously awaited news of Lucia's condition, Akin's thoughts oscillated between the case that demanded his attention and the fragile life hanging in the balance within the hospital walls. The mysteries of Igidah seemed to converge on this singular point, where personal and professional responsibilities collided.

Moments later, a weary-looking doctor emerged, her face etched with a mix of concern and relief. Akin rose, his heart pounding, as she delivered the diagnosis.

"She's fine, Detective. It seems to be stress-related. We recommend some rest and monitoring, but she should recover, we will watch her tonight, tomorrow you can take her home, she has triplets coming, she is a strong woman, "

Akin released a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. Gratitude welled up within him, mingled with the determination to shield Lucia from the storm that brewed in the shadows of Igidah.

As he sat by Lucia's bedside, watching her peaceful slumber, a resolve crystallized within Detective Akin Oladele.

He would confront the enigma that gripped the town, not just for the sake of justice but to safeguard the ones he cherished.

His phone rang once again and although he had thought to let it slid, old habits had caught up with him, to which he picked the call.

"It's Julius sir,"

"Julius, how did you get a phone to call me?"

"Sir, I am sorry, I am very sorry sir, I haven't been forth coming with all the truth, there is something you need to know, I think I was shot by one of Oga Benji's boys, yes and I will not be surprised the songstress was done in by the same people, Oga Benji is a dangerous man, I was scared, we don't touch his cases or file them for fear of been targeted, I swear we don't get paid to do such, I personally told the officer to drop the robbery case sir, " Julius revealed painfully.

" Why, was he involved in the robbery but it doesn't make any sense, "

" He asked we drop it, Sir, Mr. Maxwell owes Oga Benji alot of money, the principal is a frequent gambler at one of oga Benji's secret gambling houses, I know this much but that's all I know, how he is connected I don't know, really, I hope he doesn't come and finish me off, " Julius revealed out of fear.

" He won't, I will get some officers over to your side and one to check up on your family, you rest now, you did the right thing officer, I Will see you tomorrow morning, "

It was getting clearer about the source and motive behind the robbery yet it seemed unlikely it could ever be connected to the murder, The songstress's murder could not be pinned right now on oga Benji, the slimy snake could easily wriggle his way out, there was need to solve the robbery and get the right evidence.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 12:01am On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

The first light of dawn gently filtered through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the hospital room.

Akin stirred from a light sleep, his eyes adjusting to the unfamiliar surroundings. The rhythmic beeping of medical equipment provided a steady backdrop to the quiet moments before the world fully woke.

As consciousness settled in, Akin felt a weight lifted from his chest, a moment of respite from the relentless pursuit of answers that had consumed his thoughts.

He turned to the bedside to find Lucia, his wife, awakening from her own slumber. Her eyes, though tired, sparkled with warmth and reassurance.

"Good morning, my dear," Akin greeted her, his voice a murmur in the stillness of the room.

Lucia offered a small smile in return, her fingers reaching for Akin's hand. "Akin, Good Morning. How did you sleep?"

Akin couldn't suppress a weary grin. "Better than expected, considering the circumstances. How about you?"

Lucia chuckled softly. "Well, the bed is not as comfortable as ours at home, but it served its purpose. I'm okay, Akin, truly."

The sincerity in her eyes resonated with Akin, a silent affirmation that the ordeal of the previous night had not left lasting harm. Still, a shadow lingered in his gaze, the weight of their shared concerns for the future pressing upon them.

Akin sat up, his gaze wandering to the bustling hospital corridor beyond the door. "Lucia, about everything—the investigation, the babies—I can't help but worry. I want to be able to provide for you and our little ones, to give you the life you deserve."

Lucia's expression softened, her thumb gently tracing circles on the back of Akin's hand. "Akin, we're in this together. We'll figure it out. We always do. Besides, we've got some time before the babies arrive. Let's focus on the now, your investigations, you should be on it,"

Akin couldn't help but marvel at Lucia's resilience, her ability to find strength in the midst of uncertainty. He nodded, grateful for her steadying presence.

"It's okay,The investigation can wait. What matters most now is you, I need to get you home safely and well rested, "

Lucia's eyes lit up with appreciation. "Thank you for being understanding, Akin. We'll get through this, and we'll do it together."

With the decision to prioritize family over the complexities of Igidah's mysteries, Akin helped Lucia prepare for their departure from the hospital.

As they navigated the hallways, the scent of antiseptic gradually gave way to the crisp morning air outside.

The mysteries of Igidah could wait; for now.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 12:02am On Dec 15, 2023
Good night dear readers, tomorrow updates comes up at noon time.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2023
Okay updates about to roll out, stay tuned and thanks for the wait
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

The midday sun faded slowly in the sky, casting dull shadows on the bustling streets of Igidah.

Akin stood in the shade, waiting patiently as Principal Maxwell emerged from the doorway of a betting shop, a collection of crumpled bet slips in his hands, Titus had once again proven valuable with his information.

The sight left Akin both surprised and disheartened, wondering how a man entrusted with the education of young minds could indulge in such vices.

Maxwell, noticing Akin's stern gaze, attempted to hide the bet slips in his pocket, but the detective's keen eyes had already caught the glimpse.

Akin approached the principal, a firm expression on his face, and gestured for him to follow to a nearby quiet joint.

The air inside the dimly lit establishment was thick with the aroma of roasted peanuts and the hum of quiet conversations.

Akin and Maxwell found an unoccupied corner, where they took their seats. Akin leaned forward, his eyes locked onto Maxwell's, his tone serious.

"Principal Maxwell, I'm sure you're aware that your little town is not oblivious to the actions of its leaders. Now, No lies, how are you involved with Oga Benji, you can tell me what I need to know here or I will take you right away to the station. "

Maxwell shifted uncomfortably in his seat, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. He attempted to muster an air of confidence but failed to meet Akin's unwavering gaze.

"Well, Detective Akin, it's not what it seems. See, I don't know anything about the murder, I swear,"

"I will decide that, tell me about the robbery, how are you and oga Benji connected to it?" Akin pressed.

"I don't really have any relationship with that man, I just visit one of his establishments maybe too often but you know this things, little bad habits," Maxwell had began to sweat profusely.

Akin raised an eyebrow, unimpressed by the feeble excuse. "bad habits? Principal, I don't think you can fool anyone with that. Again, what is your connections with Oga Benji? We have a second dead person and an injured police officer on your account, tell me now, "

Maxwell hesitated, realizing he was trapped in a web of his own making. He took a deep breath before responding. "Can you order for me a beer and something to smoke?"

Akin raised an eyelid, he had already seen the defeat and his effort to resist wither. He gave a signal and made the order. "Now talk,"

"Maybe you have already heard but I have got a huge gambling addiction, Oga Benji runs a lot of the gambling stores here and some you don't know about," He stopped to collect the cigarettes, to akin, he could hardly guess what was going through the suspect's mind at the moment.

"look, Akin, it's not what you think. No one was supposed to get hurt, I had lost over 345,000 a debt I could not pay, the idea of owning a school was because I felt it would help me contain my addiction but since my takeover, finances have gone downhill, I don't know how or why but nothing seems to be working, anyway Oga Benji offers me a way out, he already did when he silenced the death of a laborer," he paused hoping to get a reaction from the detective but upon realizing the detective must have known he gave a sigh and continued.

" I see, anyway, Oga Benji needed his money, I explained things to him, The only cash there was, was locked away in the school's vault and I was damn sure the vice principal and his goonies would die before letting me have any, he hatched a plan to get the money for me from the safe, all I needed to do was travel away for the time period and let him have the vault passkey, I know I am a Terrible person but oga Benji is not to be messed with when it comes to his money, "

Akin leaned back, assessing Maxwell's reaction. "So he helps you steal the money and that's it?"

"Unfortunately no, if it was that easy, I wouldn't die of nightmares everyday, Oga Benji played a big one on me and I was foolish to have trusted him, We agreed on 500,000 I would pay him the debt I owe and he would use the rest to settle whoever was going to do the job, "

" Really, " Akin's eyes lighted up.

" After the whole thing, I came back and that was when I found out what that conniving bastard had done, he stole 1.2 million of PTA levies, everything that was in the vault," Maxwell was full of regret.

" You were not expecting that, were you?" akin asked.

" Well, I had no choice did I but that's not all, that bastard had the guts to tell me, his man never made it out of the school with the money and that he never got to take more than what we had agreed upon, "

" You're serious about this?"

"Of course, you should have seen cause a drama over it but I bet he was lying, he is a liar and a cheat,"

"The school report had it that the thief was almost caught but the money was never recovered, who was the man he used?"

"I never asked and I doubt he would ever have told me, You can arrest me now, Detective, I can testify if you wish, it doesn't matter anymore, I have sold off the school to Mr. Matthew, he deserved to be the principal and owner, do you know he was in the process of buying the school before I came into the picture back then? " Maxwell asked.

Again, this was information, it wouldn't be out of the norm for the vice principal to seize such opportunity. There was enough evidence to book in oga Benji for the murder and with a solid witness like Mr maxwell, he would get good and considerable time yet the murders lingered on, why was Vincent and the songstress murder, what was the connecting factor here, he wondered.

"You are coming with me to the station, Mr. Maxwell, You're under arrest, " Akin said finally.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

With Principal Maxwell now in custody and Oga Benji seemingly vanished into the shadows, Detective Akin found himself at a crucial juncture in the unfolding mystery.

The arrest of Maxwell was a significant breakthrough, but Akin couldn't shake the feeling that there were still missing pieces to the puzzle, connections waiting to be uncovered.

As he reviewed the events leading to Maxwell's arrest, Akin focused on the role Oga Benji played in the larger scheme of things. The elusive figure had orchestrated a financial arrangement with Maxwell, plunging the school into a web of debts and compromises.

Akin suspected that the theft from the school's vault was intricately linked to Oga Benji, and Vincent's death was far from a mere coincidence.

Vincent a common laborer and street wise guy could have been the one who handled the job for Oga Benji. He grabbed his phone quickly and dialed Titus number.

"Titus, this is detective akin, I Need you to remember something for me, The robbery in the school last year, can you remember Vincent's whereabouts?"

"Hah oga police, Vincent then be nor dey quick sleep for house oh, he used to go to this shoe factory up in town to work, I hated the job then so I don't use to follow him," Titus replied.

"You are sure about this?" Akin asked.

"Yes, Vincent had it rough then, he always had to work to feed, good guy he was,"

"How close do you think he and oga Benji was then?" Akin asked.

"Not much, Vincent was still with oga Benji's brother but Oga magician, yes, that was Oga Benji's goto man then, Vincent and Magician didn't even see eye to eye on a steady,"

The wizard of course, he had been almost in the invisible all through the case, now he was linked for sure.

" Whats his story, I mean the magician? "

" Nobody knows, he came to Igidah some four years ago, they deport am from London, dem say he was peddling drugs and got into a fight where he choke person to death, dem cor say he pretend say he Don kolo so dem cor deport am instead but he nor dey talk am out loud, Oga Benji holds him close oh, truth! " Titus swore heavily.

As he combed through the details and evidence in his mind , Akin's keen mind caught subtle details that had previously eluded him, The wizard, Vincent, the stolen money which was alleged never taken out of the school, Akin became convinced that Vincent wasn't merely a common father Christmas figure but a thief and a pawn in a larger game orchestrated by Oga Benji.

The detective decided to delve deeper into the magician's background, seeking any connections that could lead him to the missing link.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

Detective Akin dialed the number of Oga Benji's brother, Mr. Olawole, hoping to extract a crucial piece of information that would lead him to the elusive figure. The phone rang, each tone echoing with anticipation until finally, Olawole answered.

"Hello?" came the cautious voice on the other end.

"Mr. Olawole, this is Detective Akin. I need your assistance," Akin stated, his tone firm and purposeful.

There was a momentary pause before Olawole responded, "What do you need, Detective?"

"I'm trying to locate Oga Benji. I have been told about a close associate of his, The wizard or magician whatever he Cas himself, Any information you can provide will be instrumental," Akin explained.

After a brief silence, Olawole reluctantly shared an address that was supposedly the wizard's current residence. As Akin noted down the details, he thanked Olawole for his cooperation and ended the call. The detective's mind was focused on the task ahead, determined to apprehend the elusive puppeteer.

Akin hopped on his bike, the engine revving to life as he sped through the streets of Igidah towards the given address.

The journey was fraught with a mix of anticipation and urgency, each passing moment bringing him closer to the potential resolution of the case.

Arriving at the address, Akin spotted a familiar-looking bike parked nearby. Intrigued, he jotted down the plate number, a nagging suspicion tugging at the edges of his consciousness.

Without dwelling on it for too long, he pressed forward, determined to uncover the truth.

The address led him to a face-me-and-face-you building, a labyrinth of interconnected rooms that hid countless stories within its walls. Akin navigated the narrow corridors, glancing at the door numbers until he found the one matching the information he had. Room 207.

The detective hesitated for a moment, his instincts sharpened by years of experience. He steeled himself for what lay beyond the door, knowing that this confrontation might hold the key to unraveling the remaining mysteries surrounding Vincent's death and the school's plight.

Akin knocked on the door, the sound echoing through the quiet hallway.

The moments that followed felt like an eternity as he awaited a response, the anticipation building with each passing second. Multiple footsteps intended to remain quiet came through The door before finally the door creaked open, revealing a dimly lit room and of course the magician who was startled to see the detective before him, so startled his eyes darted directly to a well hidden figure inside who ran for the wooden window as if it knew awaited him otherwise.

Akin pushed his way through but faced huge resistance from the wizard who screamed for Oga Benji to get out of the room quickly.

The cramped room erupted into chaos as Detective Akin faced off against the magician, each move calculated and precise. Akin, relying on his police training, tried to anticipate the magician's next strike, but the elusive figure moved with an uncanny grace, blending martial arts seamlessly into his repertoire.

"It's called martial arts, one of the few good things that followed me from abroad," The magician taunted.

The magician's strikes were swift and well-timed, catching Akin off guard. The detective found himself engaged in a physical duel that transcended the usual boundaries of law enforcement.

The magician, still masked in mystery, displayed a proficiency in combat that left Akin struggling to keep up.

As blows exchanged between them, the magician spoke, his voice betraying a hint of amusement. "You're out of your depth, Detective. I've honed these skills for years. Gra-gra won't save you here."

Akin, battered but determined, gritted his teeth. He knew he needed to turn the tide, and resorting to his firearm seemed like the only option. In a swift motion, he drew his pistol, aiming to deter the magician. "I don't want to shoot you, but I won't let you escape justice."

The magician, undeterred, continued his agile maneuvers. In a surprising twist, he leaped towards Akin, executing a series of acrobatic flips that disoriented the detective.

Before Akin could react, a powerful kick landed on his side, sending him sprawling across the room.

As Akin grappled with the pain, the magician seized the opportunity to make his own escape too. With a nimble leap, Oga Benji fled through the room's window, leaving behind a stunned detective. Akin, fueled by determination and a sense of duty, shook off the pain and pursued his elusive target.

Scaling the building with urgency, Akin reached the window just in time to see Oga Benji disappearing into the night.

The chase continued through the winding streets of Igidah, the detective navigating obstacles and narrow alleys in relentless pursuit.

Akin's footsteps echoed through the quiet night as he closed the distance. The pursuit became a race against time, each step bringing him closer to apprehending the mastermind behind the school's troubles.

As they neared the climax of this nocturnal chase through the streets of Igidah, Detective Akin braced himself for the final confrontation that would either bring Oga Benji to justice or plunge him further into the enigmatic shadows.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

The night had taken an unexpected turn for Detective Akin, and the echoes of tragedy lingered in the air as he stood amidst the chaotic scene at the intersection.

Oga Benji's lifeless body lay on the cold asphalt, a stark contrast to the vibrant chaos that had surrounded him just moments BEFORE, moments before the unwitting suspect had attempted to dash past a moving car at an intersection.

Akin's emotions were a tempest of conflicting feelings—sadness for a life cut short, frustration at the missed opportunity to unravel the mystery through Oga Benji's testimony, and anger at the forces that seemed to conspire against justice.

As the wailing sirens of approaching emergency vehicles pierced the night, Akin surveyed the aftermath of the accident.

The driver of the car that struck Oga Benji was in a state of shock, the weight of the unintentional act evident in their wide-eyed horror.

Akin, drawing on his experience dealing with unexpected tragedies, ushered the driver away from the chaotic scene to provide a semblance of comfort amidst the chaos.

While Akin's thoughts swirled with the recent events, his phone buzzed with an incoming call. It was Julius, his voice laden with urgency. The news he delivered sent a chill down Akin's spine—Mr. Davies, a key figure in the school's trinity, had been found murdered in his office.

Akin's senses heightened as he absorbed the gravity of the situation. The tangled web of mysteries seemed to tighten its grip on Igidah, leaving no room for respite.

Oga Benji's demise, coupled with Mr. Davies's murder, added a new layer of complexity to an already intricate puzzle.

"What on earth is going on here?!" He muttered under heavy breath.

Hurriedly making his way to the school, Akin's mind raced with questions.

END OF CHAPTER SIX
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
Has anyone figured out where the mystery is going to, getting complicated, the James hardly chase in me is really up to no good grin
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
Chapter seven coming up tonight, bye for now.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
CHAPTER 7 TANGLED THREADS

The scene at the school had taken a macabre turn, and Detective Akin found himself standing in Mr. Davies's office, where the air hung heavy with the stench of tragedy.

He swiftly dialed Julius, his trusted ally in the Igidah police force, to apprise him of the situation and request assistance from the officers on the ground.

Julius, though initially shocked by the revelation of Oga Benji's death, composed himself and assured Akin of his support.

"Put out a arrest warrant for the wizard, he is our man behind your shooting and the murder, he is armed and dangerous, He gave me a run for my money with his so called martial arts thing," Akin warned, recollecting the vicious attacks launched by the wizard.

"Sir, this is so shocking but there is something I do not truly understand, why go through all this for a robbery you claim not to have been successful?" Julius asked.

"That's a million naira or should I say a 1.2 million naira question I am about to answer, Julius, get the warrant, I will talk to you soon,"

Promising to coordinate with the officers at the scene, Julius pledged to facilitate any necessary actions, including the arrest of the elusive Wizard of Wonders before ending the call.

As Akin awaited the arrival of his fellow officers, he scrutinized the crime scene. The office, once a domain of administrative authority, now bore witness to the brutal demise of Mr. Davies.

The room seemed to hold echoes of the turmoil that had gripped the school's trinity, and Akin sensed that the threads connecting these incidents were woven with intricate layers of deception.

The body lay sprawled on the floor, multiple stab wounds marring the once-imposing figure of Mr. Davies.

Akin, accustomed to crime scenes, noted the gruesome details with a detached professionalism that belied the storm of emotions within.

It seemed eerily familiar to Vincent's death, the multiple stab wounds, defensive cuts on the hands and face suggested a violent struggle.

Afar off, he picked the voices of a few arriving staff members, Mrs. Sheila, Mr. Matthew and a few others arrived.

He took one final look at the body and the room and only found the victims farming tools well placed somewhere in the table, an officer had reported the murder as called in by a junior security staff who came to get something forgotten the previous day.

Akin checked his time and realized the murder could have happened much much earlier, his tools suggested this.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

Amidst the somber atmosphere that enveloped the school, Principal Mathew and Mrs. Sheila voiced their disparate reactions to the shocking demise of Mr. Davies.

Their contrasting responses painted a vivid picture of the tense dynamics within the school's administrative core.

Matthew, his face etched with disbelief and grief, struggled to articulate his shock. "I can't believe Mr. Davies is gone. He was supposed to be on patrol, he is always on patrol, how did this happen? " he murmured, his voice tinged with sorrow.

The weight of the tragedy pressed heavily on his shoulders, and he found himself grappling with the sudden void left by the loss of his colleague.

In stark contrast, Mrs. Sheila, fueled by a volatile mix of fear and frustration, directed her ire at Detective Akin.

"You were supposed to catch the real murderers! How did this happen under your watch?" she accused, her accusatory tone slicing through the heavy air.

Her anxiety, fueled by the escalating violence, manifested in a desperate search for someone to hold accountable.

Detective Akin, unfazed by Mrs. Sheila's pointed accusations, maintained his composure.

He sought information from a junior officer who had been part of the team investigating the crime scene.

The officer explained that Mr. Davies, in recent times, had taken up farming duties in the school's lab area during his patrols—a sudden and suspicious development.

"This is same area, A laborer died some time ago?"

"Eh, well yes sir, The former principal sealed it off and has abandoned it, infact oga children say dem dey even see ghosts for there self so nobody dey gree go there again but trust Mr. Davies, him nor dey fear anything at all, He suddenly decided to start farming there some three or two months ago," The officer added.

Akin's intuition sparked to life. The previously unassuming detail hinted at a potential connection between Mr. Davies's activities and the unraveling mysteries within the school. This was his missing link.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

Detective Akin, seated in under a tree, pondered the peculiar sequence of events surrounding the discovery of Mr. Davies's lifeless body.

The information he gleaned from the officer in charge of Principal Maxwell's incarceration sparked a new line of inquiry that led to unsettling revelations.

Maxwell, speaking from his prison cell, recounted the events leading up to the report of the robbery once again but this time, Akin had asked he talked about the aftermath of the robbery.

According to the principal, Mr. Davies had purportedly made the initial distress call to Mr. Matthew and Mrs. Sheila, who subsequently contacted the police. The narrative struck Akin as anomalous, prompting him to question the motives behind the unusual chain of communication.

As an ex-police officer and the head of the vigilante group, Mr. Davies possessed the training and instinct to react swiftly in the face of danger.

Akin found it perplexing that instead of directly alerting the authorities, Mr. Davies had chosen to inform colleagues within the school community.

This departure from standard procedure hinted at a deliberate deviation, one that seemed to conceal deeper layers of complicity.

Akin's investigative instincts went into overdrive as he contemplated the implications of this newfound information.

The labyrinth of deception within the school's administrative corridors seemed to expand, entwining even those tasked with maintaining security.

Armed with these unsettling thoughts, Akin decided to cut the call with Principal Maxwell, his mind consumed by the urgency of unraveling the truth. The ex-cop's involvement, or lack thereof, in the communication chain pointed towards a hidden agenda—an agenda that the detective was determined to expose.

"I need the keys to the laboratory area, where can I get them?" Akin asked the officer.

He thought hard for a moment before racing down to office where Mr davies body laid and returning back soon after.

"Oga, I can't find the keys, he always has it hooked up to some wall in there along with other keys, it's nowhere inside the officer," The officer replied half disappointed.

"I will go check the body, you check the surroundings and ask the principal for the spare, I believe he should out someone up there should," Akin directed, if his thoughts were on point, his search would turn up empty.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

The shrill ring of Akin's phone disrupted the contemplative silence of the police detective .

Glancing at the caller ID, he recognized the number that had once promised him a coveted position within the governor's security convoy.

It was the same offer that came with a hefty price tag, demanding a substantial sum of money to facilitate the appointment.

"That position is still available, everyone is grabbing what they can, are you going to remain where you are?" the caller asked.

Akin hesitated for a moment, caught between the allure of financial gain and the unwavering principles that defined his character.

The internal struggle was palpable as he pondered the potential benefits of succumbing to corruption against the integrity that had guided his career thus far.

In that fleeting moment, the weight of societal expectations, personal needs, and the allure of a shortcut to prosperity pressed upon him.

However, in a sudden surge of determination, Akin answered the call with a resolute voice. "I've made my decision. Don't ever call me again, keep your spots and your offers to yourself " he declared, his tone leaving no room for negotiation.

The disconnect button was pressed firmly, severing the dubious link that had dangled a tempting offer before him.

As the echoes of the conversation faded, Akin stood firm.

Amidst the faint hum of activity in the compound, Akin's resolve drew the attention of a familiar face—Miss Olivia.

She approached with a casual yet observant demeanor, her eyes meeting his with an unspoken understanding. Akin welcomed her presence, grateful for the timely distraction from the internal turmoil that had momentarily gripped him.

"Detective Akin," Olivia greeted with a nod, her voice carrying a hint of camaraderie. "Busy day, I assume?"

"Good thing you are here, tell me about the laboratory area, what's the story apart from the fact that a laborer died there some time ago," Akin asked.

"Oh that, well it's a ghost area, there are talks of ghosts going to and fro the area by the students and even some officers believe so,"

"Does Mr. Davies believe so?"

"Mr davies doesn't believe in anything, so sad he has been killed, who is next?" She asked confusingly.

"
Akin stopped for a moment, he took one long look from the school's main building to the laboratory area and realized how easy one could easily get through to it without drawing any attention, could the late oga Benji be telling the truth, did somehow Vincent's fail to deliver the loot and hide it somewhere in the school, preferably somewhere with already an established history? He wondered.

Akin acknowledged her with a nod, appreciating the conversational segue that allowed him to temporarily shift his focus from the complexities of the ongoing investigations.

"Oga officer, My principal say he no know where he own dey oh?" the security officer shouted out as he walked briskly back.

"Is there any reason why Mr. Davies would want to - never mind that, thank you for coming around," Akin waived the young teacher good bye.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

The weight of impending closure hung heavy in the air as Detective Akin approached the Igidah health centre.

It seemed the entangled web of mystery that enshrouded the small community was gradually unraveling, revealing the harsh truths concealed within its folds.

Akin sought out Officer Julius, the stalwart companion in the labyrinth of investigations still under treatment .

As he entered the hospital , the ambient sounds of ringing phones drugs and hushed conversations surrounded him.

The familiar figure of Julius sat in his desk, a stoic expression worn by a man accustomed to the unpredictable nature of his profession.

"Julius," Akin greeted, the gravity of their shared experiences etched in the lines on his face. Julius acknowledged him with a nod, his eyes betraying a weariness that mirrored Akin's own.

"They have been treating you," Akin said.

"You would think, Oh when I get my hands on that wizard bastard, I will make him disappear for good," The officer swore.

Just then An officer called the detective, revealing Mr maxwell's suicidal attempt in the cell.

"Suicide? " Julius muttered, the word hanging in the air like an ominous specter.

Akin could sense the weight of resignation in his tone—a silent acknowledgment of the inevitable conclusion that loomed over the beleaguered community.

As they shared a brief moment of reflection, Akin felt the pressing need to convey the news to someone directly affected by the principal's demise.

He informed Julius of his intention to break the news to someone, leaving the details unspoken but understood.

Exiting the police station, Akin treaded the familiar path to a destination that held emotional significance. The streets of Igidah had started to become much familiar to him now, there was enough buzz to suggest the Christmas eve was agog.

Kids lighted the roads with bangers and fire works whilst loud music rented the air.

Surely, the Christmas was just a day away.
Re: Who Killed Father Christmas? - THE END Mystery Story by WriterX(m): 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
CONT'D

The night air hung heavy with a sense of foreboding as Detective Akin approached Principal Matthew's residence.

The revelation of Principal Maxwell's attempted suicide had cast a dark shadow over Akin's perception of the principal, and Akin knew that the final pieces of the puzzle were about to fall into place.

The door creaked open, revealing Principal Matthew's wearied countenance.

His eyes betrayed a mixture of guilt, fear, and the exhaustion that accompanies the burden of hidden truths. Akin, with the weariness of a man navigating the labyrinth of deception, entered the dimly lit room.

"Principal Matthew," Akin began, his voice carrying the weight of the unspoken.

"It's time we put an end to the charade. I know you, Mrs. Sheila, and Mr. Davies are entangled in the secrets of that robbery and Vincent's death and Mr davies, you lie even for a moment and I won't be able to do anything on your sentencing, I need the truth and I need it now"

Principal Matthew's eyes flickered with a mixture of surprise and resignation.

He motioned for Akin to take a seat, the room bearing witness to the gravity of the impending revelation.

Akin pressed on, his tone firm yet empathetic. "The robbery, It started as a mere heresay, Mrs. Sheila had one of her many lovers in oga Benji's inner circle, She passed on the information about the heist, I didn't take it seriously until Maxwell traveled out and left me in charge, a perfect alibi he has established, I was angry and disappointed, I wanted to call the police right away believe me, "

" So what happened next, why didn't you? "

" It would appear, we weren't so clean on the inside, Mrs. Sheila and I and Mr. Davies over the time had been using some of the school funds for personal use, calling the police would possibly mean an investigation, we could be arrested and locked away, it was Mr davies who saw the opportunity in all of this, We let the thief take whatever that was left in the vault and add our bill to the robbery, " Matthew said with a doleful expression hanging on his face.

" Let me guess it didn't go so well,"

" on the contrary it went better, Mr. Davies was able to take advantage of the scene, the thief never got of the school with the loot, 575,000 in total cash," Mr. Mathew said.

"So where is the money, who has it?"

"Nobody sir, Mr. Davies swore that the thief never made it out of the school with the money however he couldn't tell where the money was hidden in, somewhere in this school, that money was hidden, we merely added our figure to the bill and gave that out, we may not have had the remaining money but we could rest knowing that our backs were now covered, "

" This doesn't explain the death of Vincent or Mr. Davies, " Akin said.

" Who knows, I don't know, that's all I know as well as the fact that Mr. Davies became a bit paranoid about the whole affair, "

" paranoid, how? "

" He has been searching for the money ever since then, he was certain the thief would try to get the loot back, took more watch shift and started going around the building much often than normal, now look where that landed him, " Matthew sobbed.

" I need the key to the laboratory area, There is something I need to check out, "

" The key isn't with me, I swear, I can't find it, I checked all the bunch twice, today, it's gone. What next, what happens to me? "

" I will leave that to the judge, please stand up and show me your hands, you're under arrest, Mr Matthew. "

As the confession reached its conclusion, Akin met Principal Matthew's gaze—a gaze that reflected the realization that the past could no longer be confined to the shadows.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Graphic Novel You Have Been Waiting For! / All about www.chipmunkey.ning.com / Pause: (poem :pls Read And Criticise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 254
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.