Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor (72826 Views)

Investigation: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor / Rachel The Piper Foundation Reaches Out To The Poor / ECOWAS Youth Council Distributes Palliatives To The Poorest Of The Poor, Aged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by temielects(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
The Nigeria government should be blame for this poverty weaponization, imagine a whole kidney for that token, what else let the trumpet sound like right now 😞
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by mrksquare: 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2023
From time immemorial, the rich has always seen the poor as a plaything to be exploited.

And to think that this oppressed class genuflect to the whims of the oppressor is really heartrending.

To be poor in a developing country like Nigeria is a taboo.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by SeriouslySense(m): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
Horror

“I have lost my kidney, I have no money or job, and I no longer have the strength to do any strenuous work,” he told our reporter on a Thursday morning in September. “I just thought I should end it,” he said of his earlier suicidal thoughts.

Aminu’s cousin, Abbas had sold his kidney for N1.2m last year, the highest anyone among his peers had received for their kidney. He was lured by two of his friends, Abdulrahman and Habib; two brothers who have equally sold a kidney each. But beyond that, the two brothers are part of an unknown number of local kidney agents recruited by a Lagos-based kidney broker. Their job was to target and lure young boys and youths from low economic backgrounds to sell their kidneys.

Alliance Hospital accused of harvesting kidneys of 3 minors

In August 2023, Daily Trust published how Oluwatobi Adedoyin, a 16-year-old son of a mechanic from Masaka in Karu Local Government Area of Nasarawa State was lured by his friend, Yellow to sell his kidney. Oluwatobi was paid N1m in three installments, after which he was forced to flee Abuja.

Findings by Daily Trust on Sunday revealed that in November 2022, a video of a young man accusing Alliance Hospital in Abuja of harvesting his 17-year-old brother’s kidney went viral. In the video, the young man accused the hospital of lack of due diligence before the surgery. The management of the hospital had in a press conference denied the allegation, saying the ‘donor’ had signed a consent form and presented a court affidavit to show he was above 18 years.

Dr Otabor had in August told this newspaper that the hospital took care of the legal angle, insinuating that ‘donors’ are expected to present affidavits and sign a consent form before the surgery.

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by correctguy101(m): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2023
God1000:
Poverty is responsible, this government with disastrous policies is pushing more and more people into poverty.

Imagine a whole kidney being sold for N1m

Overpowering poverty can destroy many things in the society. It can create a variety of monsters in the society, just name it.

This government and all those before it are all using poverty as a weapon. Not to mention the current oath sworn thugs management across the country.

At least these guys are paying for the kidneys. Many others kidnap their victims and sell all their parts like cow meat... Smh
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by lordm(m): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2023
arrest everyone involved

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by LOVEGINO(m): 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Judolisco(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2023
Antoeni:
If Ike Ekweremadu Had Known
who told u he didn't knw.... D problem is dat they don't trust anything Nigeria...they only care about Nigeria when they want to collect money... They take d money and spend it abroad.... Wetin be kidney transplant.... Something wey dem go run for am for University teaching hospital ibadan... I loved how karma repaid him sha

3 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Arabk25: 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2023
What a wicked world Nigeria is most unsafe place to ever live. This same case would send that doctor to prison if it was a sane country like the UK and US
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by 9JAMac10: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
Follow who know road may they no go use you clear road
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by TUTU147: 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
People are very wicked, kidney for 1m.This issue need urgent attention.May God Almighty never gives us problem bigger than us.

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by folake4u(f): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2023
Lagos just have free PR for bad things, compared to the atrocities done in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by TUTU147: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2023
Freshtruth:
1m na change give me just 2months I go blow am.for only on food and fuel for generator

Poverty may u never Locate me

The.man I dey work with at the moment they blow 2M every week the man is about 78years old he told me if he spends 500k per day till he dies the Money no go shake him account. For my mind I be like oga give me 2m make I start something with my life. The man is a very popular Man in delta is hotel is at refinery junction
That should be the owner of hotel Excel

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Mexyz(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
OfeAchi:
Hmmm...in these trying times i
of Tinubu tight economy, any means to stay above water is welcome.

In the light of this, I have two healthy kidneys for sale. They belong to a certain beggar on my street who just recently tried committing suicide. I found him hung from a rope, rescued him and promised him that I would settle his debts if only he would donate his two kidneys for "charity" work. He has agreed to my proposal.
Please any kidney seller should send me a PM.
In a bid to catch cruise, you will end up putting yourself in trouble with this comment of yours.

Better be guided

2 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
Freshtruth:
1m na change give me just 2months I go blow am.for only on food and fuel for generator

The.man I dey work with at the moment they blow 2M every week the man is about 78years old he told me if he spends 500k per day till he dies the Money no go shake him account. For my mind I be like oga give me 2m make I start something with my life. The man is a very popular Man in delta is hotel is at refinery junction

Funniest thing, that man no go give 500k but he fit spend money on young girls. But what does he spend 2M on weekly shocked

2 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by jaxxy(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2023
horrendous
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by correctguy101(m): 9:01pm On Dec 10, 2023
Beuberry:
Had to farabale to read it before I comment.
N1m for kidney is too small if it's a legal donor.
All happened cos of poverty. None of the donors did it voluntarily but when they heard N10m their brain stood up thinking it was huge sum. A boy that has never seen N50K has profit before ll marveled at N1m.
What about the agents?
It's there that agents too are past donors. They get 10% shares, that's N100K of every N1m black market kidney price in Abuja.
That Yahaya Musa go don spend more than N1m on medicals after selling his kidney. Now he's back to poverty level. I usually tell young boys I know that it doesn't pay to seek illegal routes to seek funds.
The earlier the better govt should fish out illegal kidney sellers & spoil their trade. Govt should also improve this economy. It's barbaric that those selling kidneys for N1m don't realize it's so poor cos N1m in this economy is like N100K 30 years ago.

Most people know this already.

Not like I'm helping provide excuse for evil but the environment has really made too many monsters.

The personalities of many has changed. Sometimes I wonder if the Nigeria I know in the 80s and 90s is in another universe and I've somehow been transported into another.

People would watch an accident victim die than help rush said person to the hospital for immediate treatment. It wasn't like that before.

Nigerians used to care before but not anymore. Even Ibadan that I once thought was filled with many polite people is also like a zombie town now. My last visit made me know it's all over for the country. Everyone wants to eat everyone now.

These things change over the years. The system has gone haywire...

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by geezynoni: 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2023
Wonder why we inhale, 'cause we in hell already
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by FAPZSeafoods: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2023

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by EmekaBlue(m): 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
Dshocker:
The value of a kidney is $100k in America or Europe.
where is d sure link

U can't blame the poor sometimes! They have no choice
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Buharidgeneral: 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
Antoeni:
If Ike Ekweremadu Had Known
How?

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Rejouir: 9:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
God1000:
Poverty is responsible, this government with disastrous policies is pushing more and more people into poverty.

Imagine a whole kidney being sold for N1m
I do wonder if people who still blame the politicians did went to school.

This recent election, revealed how foolish, Nigerians are.

P.O came out, the only redeemer we have as a nation, and politicians used tribalism to divide Nigerians, GSk, sanofi and co have left Nigeria, which has rendered atleast 10,000 out of jobs, at this current inflation rate.

Do you think, tinubu have an idea of what a typical Nigerian go through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by cenaman(m): 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Alliance hospital! Brekete families where thy at?

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by stasius: 9:14pm On Dec 10, 2023
Poverty bad!
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by maasoap(m): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
Freshtruth:

This detail is not necessary

2 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Bitecoin: 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
Freshtruth:

Poverty don locate you already, you are really a bad person with a loose mouth and shouldnt be trusted, because another person uses money the way he likes , you have exposed him so he can be robbed , such things are only said within inner circles but no , you decided to open your diarrhea mouth wah . People like you shouldn't be allowed near people who are doing well financially .

You no go know the extent of what you just did untill you make real money which I doubt you can ever make . Na person like you robbers dey meet to give information and e no go hard you release information.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by honour7: 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2023
lilvicky68:
1m per kidney? Omo poverty really bad

And they resell for up to 30 to 60million going by the current rate. This people need to be arrested

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Djele: 9:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
Hotel excel?
Freshtruth:

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by MuslimIgbo: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2023
imagrg:
It's better than allowing skull miners to sell it to butchers for N500. grin
Or for some bastard OSU PIG to take it to Okija shrine for money rituals cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Astar007: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2023
Freshtruth:

One million for two months Me na with less than month. May God punish Nigerian politicians for pushing people into poverty
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by jubrilELsudan: 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2023
ABEG WHO GET THE AGENT CONTACT CAUSE I FOR LIKE SELL MY KIDNEY OOOOOO

Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by Petacephas: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2023
smiley 😳😳😳😳😳 Why should someone think of this In the first place? Except for very serious case maybe a relation e.g wife, husband, sister, brother if not I don't advice anyone to try selling an important organ as this even for a billion naira not even million. Why why why .
Re: Inside Abuja’s Kidney ‘market’ Where The Rich Prey On The Poor by wealthyvic1: 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2023
eliwa47:
Ekeremadu ( sorry for the spelling) on my mind right now, I don't know who the hell on earth advised him to go abroad and to worsen it UK for that matter o, for his daughters Kidney Transplant, when he can easily get it done here in Nigeria.
I pray they will be release soon. If you ask me the choice is yours to either give your kidney out for 1m and have health issues or die young or live longer and healthier but suffering! Cos of the economic situation of this blady fok**n kwantry.

1m is nothing undecided but if someone beg you to release it for like 100m, I think it's a fair deal grin

Is called KARMA.

IS WAITING FOR ALL EVIL PEOPLE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Smoked Sisha While Wearing Contact Lens, And This Happened / Benue Man Who Snapped Pictures In Coffin Dies 24 Hours After (Photos) / Photographer Commits Suicide After Leaving A Note In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.