Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges (16133 Views)

Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme: Uniformed Policemen Kidnapped Me, Killed My Orderly / Anambra’s Ozubulu Indigenes At War In South Africa, Man Alleges As He Shares Vid / Police Release Man Who Raped 2-Year-Old Baby In Asaba After Cutting Grass. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Addme: 6:52am On Dec 11, 2023
One Mr. Samuel Soyemi has recounted how some men who claimed to be police officers from Zone 2, Onikan, Lagos State invaded his house and drove him and his family away in their vehicle.

In what Soyemi described as both an abduction and armed robbery, he said the cops transferred the sum of N1,025,000 from his account before he, his wife and other family members were let go.

Soyemi told PUNCH Metro on Thursday that the incident happened at around 11 p.m. on October 10 when the armed men invaded his house in the Osiele area of Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

According to him, the police officers accused him of being a ritualist and cultist, an allegation he said was untrue and unfounded.

The young man recalled how the officers drove them to the premises of the Ifo Police Station and asked them to pay a sum of N10m, otherwise, they would not be seen again.

Without going into the station for any documentation, Soyemi said the officers later succeeded in transferring money from his bank account into an Opay account.

We hardly eat at home as I am talking to you, because I had to borrow the money I sent to them that day. My wife and I are going through hell, with a nine-month-old baby at hand. Everything they took from me is almost N3m, including phones and jewellery. I need justice. We went to Zone 2, but nothing was done about the matter. The Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, should come to my aid,” he cried out.

Soyemi‘s lawyer, Kayode Aderemi, told our correspondent that a petition had been written to the office of IGP Egbetokun.

A copy of the petition, it was gathered, was also made available to the Nigeria Police Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, on November 30.

According to a copy of the petition obtained by our correspondent, seven armed men reportedly stormed Soyemi’s residence in Osiele, seizing valuables worth over N2m aside from extorting him to the tune of N1,025,000.

The petition read, “At about 23:00 hours (11:00 p.m.) of October 10th, 2023, seven men stormed our clients’ house at Alanco axis, Osiele, Abeokuta, Ogun State. These men were fully armed with guns. They later identified themselves as police officers from the Police Zonal Command, Zone 2, Onikan, Lagos State.

“Without stating allegation of any crime against our clients, they ransacked our clients’ two-bedroom flat and took several valuables belonging to our clients. The valuables include a golden bracelet worth N750,000; a diamond earring worth N650,000; an iPhone 11 worth N400,000; a New Age power bank (20 mAh) worth N20,000; and three iPhone chargers worth N6,000 each.

After all these items were forcefully taken at gunpoint, our clients (a total of six family members) were arrested that same night and driven to the Ifo Police Station, Ogun State.
“While at the Ifo Police station, the police officers told our clients that if they did not transfer the sum of N10,000,000, they would be killed and no one would know, since their arrest at Abeokuta was not documented.

“Afraid for their lives, our clients immediately placed emergency calls to family and friends to request financial support. Then, a total N1,025,000 was immediately transferred to the account provided by one of the officers later identified as Officer Oladapo Olayemi.

“The account that the police officer received the money N1,025,000 is OPay 9126240487, belonging to one Olufunke Ebunoluwa Samuel. Our clients later learned that on the same night, the money was remitted to the Access bank account of Officer Oladapo Olayemi

“Our clients also informed us that they have reported the matter to the Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) in charge of Zone 2 who has invited them. Our clients have honoured the invitation but that nothing concrete has come out of it.”

In his appeal, the counsel pleaded with Egbetokun to investigate and prosecute the seven police officers “that committed this act tantamount to robbery.”

He also asked that Soyemi’s N1,025,000 and other items taken away be recovered.

Aderemi urged Egbetokun to protect the Soyemis over fear that the cops could return to harm them, “since these seven police officers already know the house and other details of our clients.”

He added, “We are ready and willing to provide statement of account to evince the transactions referenced above should they be required.”

When contacted on Thursday, the FPRO, Adejobi, acknowledged the petition, stating that every petition was treated objectively, especially when the petition bothers on unprofessionalism and corruption.

Asked if any action had been taken, Adejobi expressed assurance that necessary action must have been taken on it, asking the complainant to follow up through police complaint platforms.

“Definitely, every petition is attended to and treated objectively, more so when it borders on unprofessionalism, highhandedness, and corruption.

“I am sure necessary action must have been taken on it. He can also follow up on the case through our complaint platforms,” Adejobi said in a text message.

https://punchng.com/policemen-kidnapped-me-collected-n1m-for-my-release-man-alleges/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by oz4real83(m): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2023
Before the police are able to take off the evil tag that almost everybody has about them, this generation and the next generation may even pass away embarassed. Unfortunately, the NPF don't care about the bad opinion people have about them, they keep deceiving themselves with false motto "police is your friend" even when the public sees them as the number one enemy of most Nigerians embarassed

47 Likes

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Risingblue008(m): 11:53am On Dec 11, 2023
And this is the same police u pple are sayin RIP to if there are being killed by armsmen
This set of pple are evil
I mean NPF
there are worst than demon
Thats why our politicians use dem against us whenever we protest even for their own good.
Our next protest
If we use police force children take set example,na there dem go beleive
Cos there are the major problem holding is back in this country,
If oga send u bad message,and u say NO
UR oga no go send u again

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by EnglishUsa: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2023
Many enemies in this country, you don't know the one to hide from, every one is a suspect both your family members. You will think you don't have enemies but know it that people are waiting painfully to take advantage of you in any little chance. Give them Christmas gift they will be calling you every month to give them gift and if you stop giving they will turn you to a very big enemy immediately... If I even have up to one million naira I will not put it in one account, just go to bank withdraw from the big amount and put it in the account you have ATM with. This black uniform people are the enemies we have in this country, very wicked sect of people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by slaawomirr: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Please follow up and ensure you get justice
Look for a way to contact very dark man
Contact every other activists
The Nigerian police force is becoming so annoying

Though they haven't done this rubbish to me
When I'm driving my lexus Es 350 in Benin city if they stop me I don't give them a smiling faces

I present all my documents...

And them nor born any of them well to demand make I open my phone. Even with my tinted glass they dare not extort me

And for all those youth out there who still dey fear fear open phone na devil go punish una after what the IG abi AIG said nobody should open phone anymore

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by eepeepook: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2023
Na their way. Criminals. Unsurprising.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by thaoriginator: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2023
shocked
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by ACRI: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2023
NPF need total overhaul
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by sofeo(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2023
Alright
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by DARLINGTON869(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
This is way beyond horrible.
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by BigDawsNet: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
Hahajah dis country sha... you sure say dat man na real police?

Tho if tru I'm not suprised...

Police nearly fire me and my brother just say u want check inside car...

Thank God we both alive today...

One of the reasons we relocated

2 Likes

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by crossfm: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
Hehehe.

Police is your friend grin cheesy grin.

Nigeria na cruise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Olayinka779: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2023
Welcome to the zoo

5 Likes

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Algold: 11:56am On Dec 11, 2023
Miscreants in uniform. Such a pathetic set of people. Always looking like wild animals. I pray you get justice.
Nigeria is gradually turning into Somalia.

I keep saying it revolution will start from the north

Renewed shege has released a new song.

On your mandate will shall stand
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Fatbam005: 11:56am On Dec 11, 2023
The black race is cursed. Just like the days of Noah when everything was wiped out . The black race needs to be wiped out and another spicie created. It seems every black man has born with negative tendencies dat is why we are not surprised of what Emilokan is doing. Put another person there , the script will still be the same. Mercy Lord

4 Likes

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by robinfemi: 11:56am On Dec 11, 2023
This one choke, some of them are criminals in uniform. Wetin I dey talk sef, shebi them dey carry gun already grin
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by yomalex(m): 11:57am On Dec 11, 2023
Hmm
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by iwaeda: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2023
Addme:

https://punchng.com/policemen-kidnapped-me-collected-n1m-for-my-release-man-alleges/

Police are your friends. Iree oo. More than half of our police men /women are not fit to wear the dignified uniform. grin grin grin grin
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Built2last: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2023
Is Nigeria Redeemable.

IG of police in India controls 2 million police men and keeps them in check.

Our IG has less than 300k police men and all they do is wear colours of uniform and do photo ops

I have never had such a thing from any other police in the world where those meant to keep you are the ones kidnapping and killing you.
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Smartjeezy01(m): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2023
Make God help us.
Nigeria police are devil messengers.
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2023
Police be moving like yahoo boys
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by zombieHUNTER: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2023
undecided

This great Tinubulation will reach everybody

This menace worsened immediately Tinubu appointed the Yoruba IG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by tiswell(m): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2023
This is a very pathetic situation if true
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Winning123: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2023
Fatbam005:
The black race is cursed. Just like the days of Noah when everything was wiped out . The black race needs to be wiped out and another spicie created. It seems every black man has born with negative tendencies dat is why we are not surprised of what Emilokan is doing. Put another person there , the script will still be the same. Mercy Lord

Entire mankind is curse. All human race is cursed. Jesus died on the cross to put an end to all curse for both white and black race. If you have Jesus you are set free from curse of sin and death. If you don't you are cursed, condemned and already judged.

1 Like

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by CelestineNelson: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
The result of a crumbling economy when those trained to protect the citizen now become the predators ...hmmm Men turn to God for safety
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Godfullsam(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2023
I hate Nigerian police with passion. I don't even hide it from them when ever I meet any of them.
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by JuanDeDios: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
FuckingMachine:
Afonjanistans and crime.
Someone needs to do a PhD on these angry and bitter kids who turn every NL thread into a bazaar of tribal hate and profanities. Too many answered questions. For example, who are they? Who is giving birth to them? Where do they come from? Are they real human beings or are they bots created by Russia’s FSB or North Korea’s RGB to destabilize the world, upturn civilization and return mankind to the state of nature? Are they normal people or zombies from the netherworld? Do they live in the present, on Earth, or are they recidivist time travelers sentenced from the future or castaway aliens from some remote planet yet to be discovered by science? Do they operate with their clear eyes or are they permanently high on Canadian loud? Do they work for free are they paid by some misanthropic tech billionaire looking to get laughs out of their tomfoolery? Beside their apparent desire to create anarchy and replace society with nihilism, what do they want? Will arresting and jailing them improve them or only make them worse? Assuming, without conceding, that these philosophers of hate are fully human, are the antediluvian ideals they espouse inborn or are they learned behaviour? Can they be trained/reformed if the World Council of Psychiatrists intervene? Can Nairaland and similar listserves be saved from them?

5 Likes

Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Chibuzoripob: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
sad NIG POLICE FORCE angry angry. Spit sad . They should redeploy those ROBBERS to IMO /MAIDUGURI sad. Make ESN chop their 👂 cool
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Chibuzoripob: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
angry angry BANDITS .CP lagos mist protect this man/his family from those thieves

What about those lunatics that demands bribe from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 lady biker in Oyo Town? Kill them BASTARDS angry
Re: Policemen ‘kidnapped’ Me, Collected N1m For My Release, Man Alleges by Fatbam005: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
Winning123:

Entire mankind is curse. All human race is cursed. Jesus died on the cross to put an end to all curse for both white and black race. If you have Jesus you are set free from curse of sin and death. If you don't you are cursed, condemned and already judged.
in as much as this is true. There is something special about the black race . The wickedness on this continent is so bold. Haba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unemployment And Poverty Are Forcing Nigerians To Turn To Oil Theft - Aljazeera / Timothy Adegoke: Oriyomi Hamzat Should Release CCTV Footage - Adedoyin's Lawyer / Bricklayer Jailed For Stealing Two Packets Of Maggi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.