Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... (13527 Views)

Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. / Meet The Man Who Tried To Sell His Testicle For $35K To Buy His Dream Sports Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by cardoctor(m): 12:04am On Dec 15, 2023
Ballmer:
What of Nigeria cat spare part seller that will refurbish bad engine as Tokunbo ?

U forgot to add lastma
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Kingsoul1(m): 12:54am On Dec 15, 2023
Nigerian mechs and rewire will stain your white. That's how one made me source for a new wiper control stick for a 2015 Ford explorer because the wiper stopped working. After replacement of the wiper control stick, the wiper still didn't work. He now said it was the Engine module, that it is bad I sourced for it and it was replaced still wiper did not work. After spending close to 100k on parts that were not needed, right in front of him I opened the fuse box and located the wiper fuse only to find out it was loosen a bit, I just pushed it in and wiper started working. I was only able to return the wiper stick to the spare parts dealer. The engine module that I bought for 50k is still with me

2 Likes

Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by sukkot: 5:57am On Dec 15, 2023
Kingsoul1:
Nigerian mechs and rewire will stain your white. That's how one made me source for a new wiper control stick for a 2015 Ford explorer because the wiper stopped working. After replacement of the wiper control stick, the wiper still didn't work. He now said it was the Engine module, that it is bad I sourced for it and it was replaced still wiper did not work. After spending close to 100k on parts that were not needed, right in front of him I opened the fuse box and located the wiper fuse only to find out it was loosen a bit, I just pushed it in and wiper started working. I was only able to return the wiper stick to the spare parts dealer. The engine module that I bought for 50k is still with me
alaye sell it on JIJI na grin grin
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by ibinaboonline: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2023
Thank you for sharing. Glad I read this.
Birdbyrde440:
If you are a car owner in Nigeria you need to be very sharp and attentive, before you take your car to any mechanic you must first try as much as possible to diagnose the problem.

I bought a car in August, a direct Belgium car, as soon as I bought the car I called my mechanic to change the tyres and brake pads, guess what?
After changing tyres, this mechanic intentionally put bad, oversized brake pads, after like 2 days I started noticing smoke from my tyres, whenever I match brake I will hear a very loud noise I was angry so I called the mechanic again and told him the issue, he said brake pad is ok that I need to change one disk shaped metal that the brake pad rests on, I did so for
25k and after 24hr the noise returned, he already removed the follow come stuff and replaced it with an ugly rusted one. I was suspicious.
When the noise returned I decided to take it to total filling station mechanics, after explaining to the guys they said the problem is the brake pad. They changed it and till this day no single noise from my tires, I haven't changed brake pad since then.

Since then I have met 2 different mechanics and one thing I discovered was that these mechanics usually give wrong diagnosis intentionally especially if your car is still neat with follow come parts, example if your ac gas finish they will say you need to change ac sensor, they will remove your follow come ac sensor and put substandard one. After everything they will sell your follow come sensor to spare parts dealers and before you know it your car will be a total mess.

Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by FunnyDude(m): 9:51am On Dec 15, 2023
Mechanic destroyed my first car.
I will never forget the experience
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Space131: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
Birdbyrde440:

These naija mechanics are a nuisance to car owners. If they touch your car everything go just Dabaru de go.

How much be the scanner sef

I got mine from jumia 5k plus early this year
It’s a small scanner which you can use your mobile phone or laptop to scan
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Elsueno: 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
sukkot:
the pumping machine comes with the power bank and the jumpstart cables for the car. you are looking at 40,000 naira for all.

its very effective. has saved me many times when idiots let the air out of my tyre because i park in front of their house

Thanks, make I add am for after December budget grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Serendipity2023: 6:31am On Dec 16, 2023
sukkot:
thats the problem mayneeeee y’all niggaz ain’t ready to be driving on deez streetzzz mayneee. Now everything you just described above would have been resolved easily if you had the tools and you wouldn’t have paid nothing. Now here is a picture of my tools
1-odb2 scanner to diagnose all problems
2-the diagnostic tool for battery and alternator problems
3-pumping machine to pump my tires by myself
4-power bank jumpstart kit to jumpstart my car

how does the diagnostic tool for battery and alternator work?
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Serendipity2023: 6:32am On Dec 16, 2023
sukkot:
thats the problem mayneeeee y’all niggaz ain’t ready to be driving on deez streetzzz mayneee. Now everything you just described above would have been resolved easily if you had the tools and you wouldn’t have paid nothing. Now here is a picture of my tools
1-odb2 scanner to diagnose all problems
2-the diagnostic tool for battery and alternator problems
3-pumping machine to pump my tires by myself
4-power bank jumpstart kit to jumpstart my car

Is the power bank to jump start really effective?

considering the small size?
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by sukkot: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2023
Serendipity2023:

Is the power bank to jump start really effective?

considering the small size?
very effective . i have used it to jumpstart about 10 cars. no problem at all
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by sukkot: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2023
Serendipity2023:

how does the diagnostic tool for battery and alternator work?
i have 3 different types. the one i use the most you plug it into the ciggarette lighter port in the car. it would tell you how many voltage is running the car
if the voltage is 12.7 before you turn the engine, your battery is perfect

if its below 12.7 voltage then your battery is the problem

start the car and if the voltage rises above 12.7 the alternator is working

start driving and if the voltage does not go past 13.2 then the diode in the alternator is gone. dont get conned into buying a new alternator. tell them you just want to fix the diode

if the voltage when driving is like 13.5 to 14.3 your alternator is perfect

if the voltage when driving is above 14.5 then the voltage controller in the alternator is bad. find someone who can fix it. no need to buy a new alternator

before driving when you start the engine if the voltage does not move. alternator is spoilt, go and buy a new one before you kill the battery. car is running on just battery

1 Like

Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Serendipity2023: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2023
sukkot:
very effective . i have used it to jumpstart about 10 cars. no problem at all

1.Please where did you get it

2. how long have you used it?

How much?

3. Could you snap the particular brand?

4. Can it start 100 ahms car like bmw?

5. How do you charge it?
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Serendipity2023: 9:53am On Dec 16, 2023
sukkot:
i have 3 different types. the one i use the most you plug it into the ciggarette lighter port in the car. it would tell you how many voltage is running the car
if the voltage is 12.7 before you turn the engine, your battery is perfect

if its below 12.7 voltage then your battery is the problem

start the car and if the voltage rises above 12.7 the alternator is working

start driving and if the voltage does not go past 13.2 then the diode in the alternator is gone. dont get conned into buying a new alternator. tell them you just want to fix the diode

if the voltage when driving is like 13.5 to 14.3 your alternator is perfect

if the voltage when driving is above 14.5 then the voltage controller in the alternator is bad. find someone who can fix it. no need to buy a new alternator

before driving when you start the engine if the voltage does not move. alternator is spoilt, go and buy a new one before you kill the battery. car is running on just battery

snap this too pls
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by chukel(m): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2023
Birdbyrde440:
If you are a car owner in Nigeria you need to be very sharp and attentive, before you take your car to any mechanic you must first try as much as possible to diagnose the problem.

I bought a car in August, a direct Belgium car, as soon as I bought the car I called my mechanic to change the tyres and brake pads, guess what?
After changing tyres, this mechanic intentionally put bad, oversized brake pads, after like 2 days I started noticing smoke from my tyres, whenever I match brake I will hear a very loud noise I was angry so I called the mechanic again and told him the issue, he said brake pad is ok that I need to change one disk shaped metal that the brake pad rests on, I did so for
25k and after 24hr the noise returned, he already removed the follow come stuff and replaced it with an ugly rusted one. I was suspicious.
When the noise returned I decided to take it to total filling station mechanics, after explaining to the guys they said the problem is the brake pad. They changed it and till this day no single noise from my tires, I haven't changed brake pad since then.

Since then I have met 2 different mechanics and one thing I discovered was that these mechanics usually give wrong diagnosis intentionally especially if your car is still neat with follow come parts, example if your ac gas finish they will say you need to change ac sensor, they will remove your follow come ac sensor and put substandard one. After everything they will sell your follow come sensor to spare parts dealers and before you know it your car will be a total mess.

a.c. gas no de finish. If e finish, e de leak.
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by DavidEsq(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2023
jaszplus12:

You just gave me idea o!! Thanks!!
I welcome bro🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Elxandre(m): 10:56am On Jan 02
alobright17:
The brain box of my 2017 ford escape is performing all it due functions but my car is having acceleration problem. I'm suspecting plug but they're saying is brainbox .

I have read online and I'm well convinced it is plug.

They've gone to test the brain box .let me wait and see .

If the car shows cylinder misfire, might be the coil or plugs.
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by Smode9: 12:56pm On Jan 02
Please I need the brain box that will work for my car. The mech told me that's the fault, the car is not accelerating at all

Toyota Avensis 2000 model (lean back)
VIN - SB164BBN00E021361
Re: How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... by captainking(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02
[i][/i][b][/b]
cardoctor:

U forgot to add lastma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota Copyrights A Device That Captures Items That Fall Under Your Car Seats / How Does A Speed Limiter Device Work??? / Reps Endorse Tariff Increase On Imported Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.