Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks (24282 Views)

Corpers Pay ‘Thank You’ Visit To Buhari Over N33,000 NYSC Allowance (Photos) / Corps Member Participating In Election To Receive N35,000 – NYSC / Happy Corpers Chanting "Sai Baba! APC!" As NYSC Allowance Is Increased To N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Evestar200(f): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2023
When I was serving, I was spending 500 to 700 every day as transport to My PPA and 1000 every week to My CDS.
and my PPA is paying me 5k every month angry angry.

I didn't see it as anything because all I want was peace and comfort because I was also a worker who receive monthly Salary so the Allawee was just a bonus to me then.

I was saving the allawee then and using Salaries for my Upkeep and other expenses.

But I missed that Allawee sha angry

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by nedekid: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2023
07kjb:

U compare inflation too stop being unpatriotic
The money was crap back then, so is it now. Eg cost of bus ride (chisco) from aba (mysc service area) to Lagos was ₦700 vs nysc allawii of ₦1050.
Roughly 75% of allowance.
How much is it now vs current 45k allowance?
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by 07kjb: 11:18am On Dec 12, 2023
nedekid:

The money was crap back then, so is it now. Eg cost of bus ride (chisco) from aba (mysc service area) to Lagos was ₦700 vs nysc allawii of ₦1050.
Roughly 75% of allowance.
How much is it now vs current 45k allowance?

And ABA to Lagos now is 26,000k now for allawee of 33k

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by ignisaqua(f): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2023
Our allowed was 9,700 when we served in 2009 and we were able to cope....not like things were cheap then.....why won't 40k help you alongside the place of pry assignment pay?
Our PPA for teaching was 3k then.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by NwekereNdokl: 11:27am On Dec 12, 2023
Corp

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Starking1000000(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2023
keemsleek:

Really lol some of us got 7500 during our time and I did enjoy serving in Imo state. Nysc is not for salary but to have a feel of other cultures and I have the best time of my life in imo state, every loving and caring people. NYSC will not be scrapped.

From your view and opinion
What about those posted in up north or ancient places where they still use strangers for fetishized purposes?
What if people posted in a very tribal place that see there non tribal men as enemies?
What of people posted in rough terrorized communities by terrorist / cultist ?
People posted in no light villages
People posted in any kind of unfavorable places where their lives are at staked ?

Although some are still posted in Lekki, abj, Owerri , ph, good good places sef

Sha everything get who e favour and who e no favour
Sad part of life .

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by seeyounow3: 11:53am On Dec 12, 2023
T hisGlobe.com never seen pictures of Lagos

https://t hisglobe.com/index.php?board=16.0
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by gassbee: 12:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Which one is mission impossible?

All it takes is for one senator in NA to introduce the motion that NYSC should be scrapped. And then debates comes in, if majority of the senators agreed to it, then Dude it'll be scrapped immediately. So what exactly is the mission impossible there?
why do u think for all these years no senator has introduced that motion to scrap NYSC , it simply implies that mission is impossible, d summary is that nysc cannot b scarpped
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Facidio: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
Eastcoastboy:

How were you eating well please?

Okay.... So this is what we do. Allowee was 19800+5000 from my PPA that's 24900.
I and other 9 Corps member went to the bank we used then and filled the contribution forms... So immediately we are paid Allowee, the bank automatically debits 10k and pay the money into the account of the person that's suppose to collect for that month. We had a guy in the bank then that helped us arranged it well.
Now back to how I eat well.
After the deduction, I am left with 14,900.
I pay tithes of 2k. And data of 1k.
So money is left with11,900.
We were 3 staying together in the lodge so we donate 8k each. From that money we buy the basic needs for food,... Rice 1 painter, garri 3 painter, beans 1 painter. Then maybe oil and other little ingredients.

Can't remember how much those things were sold then but I know that after buying every we still have some small change left to cook soup up to about 3 times.

Eating of noodles, provision of any kind is personal. It's not combined. So from my remaining money, what I buy is groundnut, milk, and conflakes.
Remember I told u I don't pay tf to PPA, cos it's trekkable, intact I only go to work like 2wice a week cos I was serving in the council.
Then I became The council CLO,. Then other side gigs do come like immunisation. I could remember getting about 60k pay on 3 occasions for immunisation works.
I didn't have a corper girlfriend because I don't have money to give instead I make do with the locals, they are beautiful respectful and help with all my domestic needs. I also did lessons for kids for about 2 month that raised me some little bucks to survive.
And was Loyal to my council bosses , the chairman, the HOLGA, and the accountant... So I do get some few tips ones in a while. When we wanted leaving the council gave us the corper's that served with them 20k each. So I came home from service with about 170k.
I used majority of the money to fund my HSE training after NYSC.
You will argue that things were cheap then, I agree with you but so was the money small.
But with discipline and proper management u can. After buying everything we needed my indigenous gf will cook good food.... And trust Calabar girls she was good at it. Then later give me another food in Za Oza room. Those were the only things I enjoyed in my one year serving in one of the villages in Cross River State. Apart from those .... It was a wasted one year of my life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by guidelight: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
While serving in Yobe, we practice community feeding and it helped us save a lot of money and lived like one large family despite our different ethnicities. By community feeding , we the Corps members contribute money together, buy food stuff in bulk and rotate the cooking arrangements.
I think it is pertinent to imbibe that arrangement in the current economic situation.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by guidelight: 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
The purpose of NTSC is to achieve peace and unity within our diverse ethnicity . Nigeria has not achieved peace as desired, so those who are calling for the scrapping of NYSC is making a big mistake. So long as Nigeria is one Nation, NYSC is relevant.
I

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by keemsleek(m): 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
stanbright:

Shut up
Can you compare the economy then and now?
Why do graduates talk like illiterate

Guess people like you need more home training,, I was not talking to you. So pls get a life.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Untube: 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
RepoMan007:
Hmmm .. so elephants too dey serve their fatherland. 5k ko, pot of soup ni.

Exactly my thought when I saw 5k for feeding. Are you feeding the whole community 😀😀. I think 1,500 daily is reasonable.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by keemsleek(m): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
Starking1000000:

From your view and opinion
What about those posted in up north or ancient places where they still use strangers for fetishized purposes?
What if people posted in a very tribal place that see there non tribal men as enemies?
What of people posted in rough terrorized communities by terrorist / cultist ?
People posted in no light villages
People posted in any kind of unfavorable places where their lives are at staked ?

Although some are still posted in Lekki, abj, Owerri , ph, good good places are

Sha everything get who e favour and who e no favour
The sad part of life.

That's the fun of NYSC excluding the volatile areas in the North and some part of the country, if you have an open mind u will enjoy wherever you are posted to as far as u respect your host community. Our camp was umudimu in limo state then ( if my spelling is right) there was no light in our camp but it was full of fun. They don't kill snakes there so once you see a snake you run to the villagers and they come to pick it up. Thou I was posted to Owerri municipal which I enjoyed I still go to the village part to visit my friends and it was fun. Nysc is all about knowing each other and other cultures.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by manutdrichie(m): 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
jeromestarks:
I know a Corp members who said his entire allawee is not up to his house rent.

Many finished the program without having a koko in their account.

Some of the female corp members are now into oloshorism. Once they post any female corp member to your school and you're the principal, her toto is yours. I repeat, her pvssy is yours. Grap it. Take it. And fvck it.

grin grin
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by BlackyOne: 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
keemsleek:

Really lol some of us got 7500 during our time and I did enjoy serving in Imo state. Nysc is not for salary but to have a feel of other cultures and I have the best time of my life in imo state, every loving and caring people. NYSC will not be scrapped.

How was the cost of living as at when you were being paid 7500?

Some of you will just open mouth to comment anyhow!

Can you seriously compare the prices of foodstuffs then to now? Cost of housing and transportation? Clothing and raiments?

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by BeigJawnson(m): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2023
Xwizard:
Agreed
But NYSC should just be scrapped, na waste of funds and time

Matured active 7 month old male husky for sale urgently, for reduced price.

WhatsApp me for more info, contact on profile page

It shouldn't be scrapped...

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Nikes(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2023
No average Corp member receives 40 to 50k. Majority of the PPAs in Nigeria don't pay shi shi.

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by woleabayo(f): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by BeigJawnson(m): 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
tremilatre:
You earn 33k and you feel its wise to give a tenth of it to your pastor or priest (cos that is what it is) who is way better off than you, I'm sorry that is crass ignorance. People should be wise with the times. Even bible said in Prov 22:16, if you give to the rich, you will come to poverty. Wisdom is profitable to instruct. If you carry church for head, you will be the ones bible was referring to in the phrase: " the poor will always be among you".
I also expect corps members and students alike to live as a community, cook together to save cost. Its not a year to spread your wings and go after babes who are saving their money while you do the heavy lifting.

If paying tithes is foolishness, please leave the foolishness for the foolish ones...

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by eepeepook: 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
Thank God I was long done and dusted from this. It was a waste of one year.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Novarisammy2: 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
the highest a PPA can pay is 10k unless u re a medical personnel then u will be paid higher . some pay 5k without accommodation.

I spend 3200 monthly to transport myself for clearance. people hear 33k and they feel it's a huge amount but las las u barely savings

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Youngsage: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
keemsleek:

And in your wisdom, do you think the value of the ₦33k now is up to the ₦7500 you collected then

The idea of the entire thread is that the ₦33k is barely enough for survival. When you're struggling to survive how can you experience any culture adequately?

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Youngsage: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
ignisaqua:
Our allowed was 9,700 when we served in 2009 and we were able to cope....not like things were cheap then.....why won't 40k help you alongside the place of pry assignment pay?
Our PPA for teaching was 3k then.

The way some of y'all reason is appalling. How can you compare the value of 9700 then to now?

Some Corpers spend over 33k to their state of posting, and spend over 1k daily on transportation.

How much was transportation in 2009?

Do you know that a lot of PPAs in some states don't pay anything, nor assist with accommodation?

33k is barely enough to survive for most corpers and that's a fact.

But Nigerians will forever defend those who put them in chains undecided

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by keemsleek(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
BlackyOne:

How was the cost of living as at when you were being paid 7500?

Some of you will just open mouth to comment anyhow!

Can you seriously compare the prices of foodstuffs then to now? Cost of housing and transportation? Clothing and raiments?

I think u need to close your mouth and use your brain. If you can't comprehend what I wrote. Did u think 7500 was a lot of money then? But it was the fun and experience that mattered to me, those I met in Owerri who have become part of me till today. You guys need to get some manners pls.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by keemsleek(m): 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
Youngsage:

The way some of y'all reason is appalling. How can you compare the value of 9700 then to now?

Some Corpers spend over 33k to their state of posting, and spend over 1k daily on transportation.

How much was transportation in 2009?

Do you know that a lot of PPAs in some states don't pay anything, nor assist with accommodation?

33k is barely enough to survive for most corpers and that's a fact.

But Nigerians will forever defend those who put them in chains undecided

Even then 7,500 was not enough... But we still had fun, it wasn't about the money but the experience and love of getting to meet people and learn.

Let me break it down for you

From prefab to njerebako by bike 200 per day I think, I work Monday to Saturday that's 1200 per week now calculate in a month that's 4800 excluding cds days... Allawee as finished. It wasn't the pay to me but the people I got to know and met, what I learnt and the experienced I had working in owerri still works for me till day. That's how I have been able to form a great bond with igbo people and you know that have me d source of my joy an igbo lady.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Olaolex: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2023
wittywriter:

Apt

Wittyness
Bro you go nairaland jail?

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Countermars: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
Each time I get to any part where you wrote CM, my inner mind reads it as central midfielder shocked

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by GoodRocks: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
gassbee:
why do u think for all these years no senator has introduced that motion to scrap NYSC , it simply implies that mission is impossible, d summary is that nysc cannot b scarpped

Use your head and think na dude. Which senator has though of bringing the motion for debate and it was turned down? Oga, if any senator thought of it and brings the motion to the NA, NYSC will be scrapped immediately

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Nokio2: 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2023
They should add 100k give all of u riffles match u to Niger,zamfara Kaduna etc to serve ya country..
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Darevofpeace(m): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
What will you say for those of us who got #19800 without anything from our PPA years back?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Zamfara Corper Is Missing (Photos) / Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC / Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.