Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks (24288 Views)

Corpers Pay ‘Thank You’ Visit To Buhari Over N33,000 NYSC Allowance (Photos) / Corps Member Participating In Election To Receive N35,000 – NYSC / Happy Corpers Chanting "Sai Baba! APC!" As NYSC Allowance Is Increased To N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

That's exactly what we're saying. Since the system is worst and bad, dude NYSC should be scrapped ASAP. It has since outlived its usefulness. It's a complete waste of time, energy and resources.

There is still a room fir a redress. We must not loose all our hopes.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by GoodRocks: 3:08am On Dec 13, 2023
Williamssheks:

Is NYSC your hope? After serving the country where's the job? NYSC is a total waste of time, energy and resources. It should be scrapped immediately

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 5:01am On Dec 13, 2023
Novarisammy2:
the highest a PPA can pay is 10k unless u re a medical personnel then u will be paid higher . some pay 5k without accommodation.

I spend 3200 monthly to transport myself for clearance. people hear 33k and they feel it's a huge amount but las las u barely savings

Most PPAs in the state I serve pay 15k upward (private organizations). My cds presido is been paid 38k by his PPA. Another of my friend takes home 20k. So....
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 5:09am On Dec 13, 2023
stanbright:

You want respect when you talk like a toddler
Do you know what it means to survive as a Corper in this economy now?
In cross river state, corpers pay almost 12k for clearance and CDS thumbprint from their alawee.If you don’t know what to say just keep quiet

What part of Rivers please?
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 5:11am On Dec 13, 2023
Philip4564:
This NYSC nawa I swear my POP is on Friday transport fare to go home self I no get..
Hhahahha... Stay back untill December alawee show.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 5:16am On Dec 13, 2023
Johnycastro18:
80k to 100k should be OK..

But considering the kind of government we do have in this country, we know the won't likely do that,

Hmmm... 100k is fare enough. Let's hope Tinubu comes through.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Bogney: 7:12am On Dec 13, 2023
Imagine corp members that only receives 33k without any payment whatsoever from their PPA

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:25am On Dec 13, 2023
Facidio:

Okay.... So this is what we do. Allowee was 19800+5000 from my PPA that's 24900.
I and other 9 Corps member went to the bank we used then and filled the contribution forms... So immediately we are paid Allowee, the bank automatically debits 10k and pay the money into the account of the person that's suppose to collect for that month. We had a guy in the bank then that helped us arranged it well.
Now back to how I eat well.
After the deduction, I am left with 14,900.
I pay tithes of 2k. And data of 1k.
So money is left with11,900.
We were 3 staying together in the lodge so we donate 8k each. From that money we buy the basic needs for food,... Rice 1 painter, garri 3 painter, beans 1 painter. Then maybe oil and other little ingredients.

Can't remember how much those things were sold then but I know that after buying every we still have some small change left to cook soup up to about 3 times.

Eating of noodles, provision of any kind is personal. It's not combined. So from my remaining money, what I buy is groundnut, milk, and conflakes.
Remember I told u I don't pay tf to PPA, cos it's trekkable, intact I only go to work like 2wice a week cos I was serving in the council.
Then I became The council CLO,. Then other side gigs do come like immunisation. I could remember getting about 60k pay on 3 occasions for immunisation works.
I didn't have a corper girlfriend because I don't have money to give instead I make do with the locals, they are beautiful respectful and help with all my domestic needs. I also did lessons for kids for about 2 month that raised me some little bucks to survive.
And was Loyal to my council bosses , the chairman, the HOLGA, and the accountant... So I do get some few tips ones in a while. When we wanted leaving the council gave us the corper's that served with them 20k each. So I came home from service with about 170k.
I used majority of the money to fund my HSE training after NYSC.
You will argue that things were cheap then, I agree with you but so was the money small.
But with discipline and proper management u can. After buying everything we needed my indigenous gf will cook good food.... And trust Calabar girls she was good at it. Then later give me another food in Za Oza room. Those were the only things I enjoyed in my one year serving in one of the villages in Cross River State. Apart from those .... It was a wasted one year of my life

Wow! All these will come in handy. I've just been posted to Akwa Ibom for service and of course I know times have changed but I will try my possible best to make it a worthwhile experience.

Thank you for the breakdown boss. Much respect.

2 Likes

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:26am On Dec 13, 2023
Fxwarrior:

The rules are not out of place unless you're not a Christian.

Lol I am. They are too much if you'll be honest.

Prayers aside because they do help.

But why not allow guys wear shorts for crying out loud?
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Philip4564(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2023
Williamssheks:

Hhahahha... Stay back untill December alawee show.
that's what I wanted to do I'll wait till January atleast transport fare self go don go down

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Starboytwo(m): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2023
ShangTsung000:

Up your game fam. Buy a bag of Canadian and come thank me later. Leave Arizona now.
hmmm bag of Canadian inside 33k, have mercy now. Haba.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by ShangTsung000: 8:22am On Dec 13, 2023
Williamssheks:

You need to read your Bible to understand who your tithe is channeled to.

Who collects and spends the tithe?

Who uses the tithe to build universities where even members can't attend?

Who buys private jets with the tithe?

I've enough of my Bible to know where the tithe goes to.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by ShangTsung000: 8:24am On Dec 13, 2023
Starboytwo:
hmmm bag of Canadian inside 33k, have mercy now. Haba.

Save for it.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by RepoMan007: 8:29am On Dec 13, 2023
Williamssheks:
how much do you spend on food in a day?
rthat 5k is three much for one person feeding. Can you finish bag of rice in a year?
Add oil, tomato and spices, wevare still under 150k. Yet you think that should be one month food alloweee

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Goalnaldo(m): 9:00am On Dec 13, 2023
Facidio:

Okay.... So this is what we do. Allowee was 19800+5000 from my PPA that's 24900.
I and other 9 Corps member went to the bank we used then and filled the contribution forms... So immediately we are paid Allowee, the bank automatically debits 10k and pay the money into the account of the person that's suppose to collect for that month. We had a guy in the bank then that helped us arranged it well.
Now back to how I eat well.
After the deduction, I am left with 14,900.
I pay tithes of 2k. And data of 1k.
So money is left with11,900.
We were 3 staying together in the lodge so we donate 8k each. From that money we buy the basic needs for food,... Rice 1 painter, garri 3 painter, beans 1 painter. Then maybe oil and other little ingredients.

Can't remember how much those things were sold then but I know that after buying every we still have some small change left to cook soup up to about 3 times.

Eating of noodles, provision of any kind is personal. It's not combined. So from my remaining money, what I buy is groundnut, milk, and conflakes.
Remember I told u I don't pay tf to PPA, cos it's trekkable, intact I only go to work like 2wice a week cos I was serving in the council.
Then I became The council CLO,. Then other side gigs do come like immunisation. I could remember getting about 60k pay on 3 occasions for immunisation works.
I didn't have a corper girlfriend because I don't have money to give instead I make do with the locals, they are beautiful respectful and help with all my domestic needs. I also did lessons for kids for about 2 month that raised me some little bucks to survive.
And was Loyal to my council bosses , the chairman, the HOLGA, and the accountant... So I do get some few tips ones in a while. When we wanted leaving the council gave us the corper's that served with them 20k each. So I came home from service with about 170k.
I used majority of the money to fund my HSE training after NYSC.
You will argue that things were cheap then, I agree with you but so was the money small.
But with discipline and proper management u can. After buying everything we needed my indigenous gf will cook good food.... And trust Calabar girls she was good at it. Then later give me another food in Za Oza room. Those were the only things I enjoyed in my one year serving in one of the villages in Cross River State. Apart from those .... It was a wasted one year of my life
I like how meticulous you were/are. Thank you for taking your time to break it down.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 9:24am On Dec 13, 2023
RepoMan007:
rthat 5k is three much for one person feeding. Can you finish bag of rice in a year?
Add oil, tomato and spices, wevare still under 150k. Yet you think that should be one month food alloweee

OK then, suggest an amount let me see.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by RepoMan007: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2023
Williamssheks:

OK then, suggest an amount let me see.
5k is unrealistic even for elephants.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by TheRedpillguy: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2023
Williamssheks:

Why do you say so?

The church members should gather and contribute that tights money for 6months and start a company.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by GoodRocks: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2023
Williamssheks:

We Nigerians don't want NYSC anymore, so which redress are you talking about? The redress should be in the economy, the economy is terribly bad.

Besides how you go to school finish no job, plus 1 years service and yet no job. NYSC is a waste of time energy and resources. Government should be scrapped immediately.

Students should go and learn a skill or a trade after sec school, anything university is just to catch cruise and waste time, let alone NYSC!
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by LordTheus(m): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I do not support the scrapping of nysc

We all are glamouring for unity

Nysc wether you like it or not promotes unity among Nigerians

With regards to the promotion of unity, I think it's safe to say that the success rate of the programme towards achieving that goal has not inspired much confidence given the excessive tribalism that has continued to eat deep into the country. Marrying this with the fact that NYSC has clocked 50+ years of age makes the objective of "promoting unity" even more of a disappointment.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Fxwarrior: 6:46am On Dec 14, 2023
Williamssheks:

Do you know that Corpers in oyo state and other states nccf now pay 10k+...?

Not bad considering economy. Remember it comes with accommodation and feeding.

I used about last 10 years quotation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Zamfara Corper Is Missing (Photos) / Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC / Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.