Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks (24299 Views)

Corpers Pay ‘Thank You’ Visit To Buhari Over N33,000 NYSC Allowance (Photos) / Corps Member Participating In Election To Receive N35,000 – NYSC / Happy Corpers Chanting "Sai Baba! APC!" As NYSC Allowance Is Increased To N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by BlackyOne: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2023
keemsleek:

I think u need to close your mouth and use your brain. If you can't comprehend what I wrote. Did u think 7500 was a lot of money then? But it was the fun and experience that mattered to me, those I met in Owerri who have become part of me till today. You guys need to get some manners pls.

If you don't GdfK, yes it was a lot of money when compared directly with current economic realities.

You not only lack reasoning, but also lack the intelligence to measure and analyse inflationary market.

I wonder how you even graduated from that shit hole school you attended

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Franky9584(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
Williamssheks:
Hahaha... I do not totally agree with you though. Most people get the best experience from it aside the financially paralyzed structure.

Let's hope that things in the system gets better sooner.

Did u say, let's hope!
For how many year now, since the inception of Nysc in 1972, 51years later, we are still hoping

NYSC SHOULD BE SCRAPPED SIMPLE!

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by stanbright(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
keemsleek:

Guess people like you need more home training,, I was not talking to you. So pls get a life.
You want respect when you talk like a toddler
Do you know what it means to survive as a Corper in this economy now?
In cross river state, corpers pay almost 12k for clearance and CDS thumbprint from their alawee.If you don’t know what to say just keep quiet

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Franky9584(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I do not support the scrapping of nysc

We all are glamouring for unity

Nysc wether you like it or not promotes unity among Nigerians

Ur opinion though but it should be a scrapped, the disadvantages outweighs the advantage .

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by shoodboi2: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
stanbright:

In cross river state, corpers pay almost 12k for clearance and CDS thumbprint from their alawee.If you don’t know what to say just keep quiet

Why are you paying for clearance and CDS thumbprint? This is the first time I'm hearing this.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by gassbee: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Use your head and think na dude. Which senator has though of bringing the motion for debate and it was turned down? Oga, if any senator thought of it and brings the motion to the NA, NYSC will be scrapped immediately
are u sure u v been living in this country, where were u wen corpers were murdered in the north because someone lost an election, which triggered a nationwide outcry for nysc to b scrapped, wat happened, nothing

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Franky9584(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2023
Charmingrascal:
Even Police no collect 193k. Just dey play, NYSC should be completely cancelled. Corp members are no longer safe and secured.
After wasting a year in one remote area they end up not getting a job.

God bless u, it should be scrapped simple!

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Philip4564(m): 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
This NYSC nawa I swear my POP is on Friday transport fare to go home self I no get..

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by GoodRocks: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2023
gassbee:
are u sure u v been living in this country, where were u wen corpers were murdered in the north because someone lost an election, which triggered a nationwide outcry for nysc to b scrapped, wat happened, nothing

The question is did any senator brought the motion to the NA that it should be scrapped? The outcry was from ordinary Nigerians, not the politicians nor senators. Nobody takes Nigerian citizens serious in this country. Let a senator brings the motion to the NA and let the majority of them agree to it, then relax and let's see whether it'll be scrapped or not.

It baffles me how you think NYSC can't be scrapped. Wetin be NYSC? Dey play!

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by keemsleek(m): 9:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
BlackyOne:

If you don't GdfK, yes it was a lot of money when compared directly with current economic realities.

You not only lack reasoning, but also lack the intelligence to measure and analyse inflationary market.

I wonder how you even graduated from that shit hole school you attended

Wish you could even smell the entrance gate of the school I graduated from. Good night. Itk

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by keemsleek(m): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
stanbright:

In Cross River state, corpers pay almost 12k for clearance and CDS thumbprint from their alawee. If you don’t know what to say just keep quiet

Never heard of sure before and if this is happening then the corpers should report to the NYSC headquarters or Efcc.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by gassbee: 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

The question is did any senator brought the motion to the NA that it should be scrapped? The outcry was from ordinary Nigerians, not the politicians nor senators. Nobody takes Nigerian citizens serious in this country. Let a senator brings the motion to the NA and let the majority of them agree to it, then relax and let's see whether it'll be scrapped or not.

It baffles me how you think NYSC can't be scrapped. Wetin be NYSC? Dey play!
nysc cannot b scrapped, we have so many smart senators in this country, why do u think none of them has brought up dat motion, is because they know within themselves that that is mission impossible.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by stanbright(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
shoodboi2:

Why are you paying for clearance and CDS thumbprint? This is the first time I'm hearing this.
Transportation to and fro

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by stanbright(m): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
keemsleek:

Never heard of sure before and if this is happening then the corpers should report to the NYSC headquarters or Efcc.
Transportation and now their is Compulsory CDS thumbprint minimum of 2 times per month

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by shoodboi2: 10:08pm On Dec 12, 2023
stanbright:

Transportation to and fro

That's a lot. But seriously, I don't know where you're going within a local government in Cross River that will warrant you to spend that much, even if you're traveling 2ce a month.

I know for sure that they exempt people coming from afar from attending CDS. They do say we should organize our CDS at our PPA, but we don't organize anything. You should discuss with your LI to exempt you from attending CDS.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
yeah, you are right . i believe there are better ways things can be made to get better.
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I do not support the scrapping of nysc

We all are glamouring for unity

Nysc wether you like it or not promotes unity among Nigerians
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
hahahah.... do not forget that the one in NYSC is a graduate while the one in the sambisa is a secondary school cert. holder, most probably. nice input!
EKONGKING:
If wishes were horses,beggars would ride .

Remember the proverb .

A NYSC graduate wants 153,000 naira when a army soldier in sambisa forest gets 70000 naira undecided undecided

Continue .
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2023
how much do you spend on food in a day?
RepoMan007:
Hmmm .. so elephants too dey serve their fatherland. 5k ko, pot of soup ni.

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
yeah, what would be your beat and say realistic projected pay for them now, considering the current economy?
Johnycastro18:

Those corpers are trying then.

Because 33k in this present economy is not sustainable at all.
an increment would do them alot more good.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
getting a job after service is another topical angle to look into. also, about the police, i want to ask. how much does an ASP 1 ranked policeman receives as a salary? i believe that is the lowest rank a graduate will assume if commissioned into the force.
Charmingrascal:
Even Police no collect 193k. Just dey play, NYSC should be completely cancelled. Corp members are no longer safe and secured.
After wasting a year in one remote area they end up not getting a job.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
hahahahha... your comment is so hialarious. funny enough, you are very correct. most corpers dont even pay tithe because of many reasons. this ought not to be so.

i loved how you breakdown the lannister situation.
Starboytwo:
Tithe for wetin undecided infact if tithe see me him go pay.

First, if allawee enter, na to minus 10k pay Blessing(life saver) the provisions store girl who gat us. I'm a Lannister, I always pay debt.

The rest fizzle out after about 4-5 days. Pepper soup, Arizona, beer, Abacha and Subscription then we fall back to Blessings shop. (God bless that babe).

Theres something about being broke together in a group(group of 4) we give ourselves inspiration.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Johnycastro18: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2023
Williamssheks:
yeah, what would be your most projected pay for them now, considering the current economy?
80k to 100k should be OK..

But considering the kind of government we do have in this country, we know the won't likely do that,

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
Absolutely!
Ttmedia:
at leats it will go a long way
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2023
You are correct but I don't think the Federal government should be held immaturity of a CM to save up part of their alawee. Let hope for the change in incentive first!

I love the idea of Skill. SEAD is a good scheme buh very short for someone interested to gain mastery.
Obakoolex:
If the FG actually wants to support the youth, NYSC is a very good platform to achieve this.

If each corper can earn #50,000 monthly and FG help them save #100,000. Also, compell them to learn a skill in that one year, I believe at the end of the service year #1.2 million can set up any serious person.
Not everyone will be looking for a white collar or paid job anymore.

But this is Nigeria grin
I don't even think FG include NYSC in the #35k palliatives.....

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
Great feedback bruh. I will make further research as regards your inputs.
shoodboi2:
Your analysis get as e be. It's wrong to say the average Corp member receives 45 to 50k a month. The majority only have the 33k from the FG to live on. And this includes those in major cities.

I agree that the money is small but the 196k you're projecting is unrealistic. Even army lieutenants earn less, not to talk of Warrant officers and the NCOs.

You should know that NYSC is structured after the military, specifically the army. NYSC itself is the reserve component of the army. That's the point of the military-style drills, discipline, and regimentation.

Plus it appears that youth Corp members are considered as personnel below the rank of army privates.

A private earns 44 to 45k a month. So it's easier to convince the government to fix NYSC pay to that of a private or Lance Corporal than that of a lieutenant.

1 Like

Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
What's the difference between them as it concerns tithe?
ednut1:
Paying tithe from NYSC allowance is pure madness. Allowance is not salary
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2023
Good question. Here the simplest explanation I can offer.

Every CM went through the rigiment training and educative lectures in camp, after which they were assigned a place to work. Because everyone knows that who work suppose to chop. Nysc decide to call their pay allowance (simply because they feel you shouldn't be paid for the service at all in the first place). Same thing happens at your PPA, whether a government or private organization. Summing up all the pay, we can call them allowance. Now an allowance is paid for what? And why?

Simple! To augment Nysc expenses and because you are a serving corper. In other word, a corper working.

Tithe is simply 1/10th of your income. Nobody define it as 1/10th of your salary.

Clear?
Caesar25:
Na d tithe side I no come understand.
OP clear me abeg because man wey get vomit for mouth no de blow fire.
Daalu
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
RepoMan007:
that's $27.

9k allowee ten years ago was $55. We don't spend dollar but using the stability of dollar to gauge hardship level irrespective of naira volume at hand, that 33k or 100k means nothing if after printing money and paying corpers more they can't afford what they used to.

Absolutely right! 👌
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2023
TheRedpillguy:
Lost me at the tights, from there , I did not read further. The CM is not serious.

Why do you say so?
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:34pm On Dec 12, 2023
Fxwarrior:
Have you heard of Jesus corper? NCCF and other fellowships do have corpers lodge. You pay a token monthly of as small as #5000 for two times feeding plus accomodation which often comes with power and water supply.

Do you know that Corpers in oyo state and other states nccf now pay 10k+...?
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2023
shox:
The op is unreasonable with what he quoted as cm monthly spending. They use x2 or x3 of that. Most of the time with parent support

300 for morning food and you wan dey chop akara? Na only akara you go chop for morning?
Even 300 akara sef, E BE THINGS O

Yes you are right. Many people get support from external systems: parents, brothers, friends, et cetera.

If government review the current alawee, then there may not be need for any external support again, depending on the CM though.
Re: A Quick Breakdown Of ₦33,000 NYSC Allowance By Williamssheks by Williamssheks(m): 11:42pm On Dec 12, 2023
ShangTsung000:

At the end of the day,the pastor had #4500,while the so called church goers had #1050.
Shame on you fanatics.

You need to read your Bible to understand who your tithe is channeled to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC / Ishaku: NYSC Should Be 2 Years, Corpers Must Be Trained To Handle Guns / NYSC Announces Date For Printing Of Call Up Letter For Batch A 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.