Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,771 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

What Has Nollywood Taught You? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Has Nollywood Taught You? (6178 Views)

Has Nollywood Lost Ideas For Movie Titles? / Has Nollywood Ever Produced A Movie Worth Rating +18? / Has Nollywood Run Out Of Ideas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Dozzy3(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2011
Dat the accident scenes are just plain stupid. No explosions, no auto wreckage, no nothing!!!
-Park your car, then put your head on the steering wheel, open your eyes or mouth let small tomatoe sauce drip , then confirmed you have dead sorry died.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Natasha2(f): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2011
shadrach77:

that it's possible for people to kill with a toy gun  grin grin grin grin
lmao jeez I no fit laugh oh  grin grin grin grin grin grin

poster what has Hollywood taught you? isn't it the same repetition of rubbish?  Its for entertainment it really doesn't have to teach you anything if you want films that would teach you   morals go and watch MOUNT ZION films  cheesy, the nolywood industry is growing daily and its getting more entertaining  cheesy Its had thought me God's power is the ultimate
*witches and wizards have no power against me if I'm a true Christian
*going to Lagos or Yankee is not always the solution
*you should be careful when people say they want to take you to Italo to better your life
* Your situation can improve with time, you just have to be patient
*some lecturers are animals
*there are still good Samaritans existing
*some friends are devils
hmm manage these ones  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Bobbyendy: 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]Well nollywood has taught me dat it Ȋ̝̊̅§ possible 4 an assassin or police to shoot at his victim when they are separated by a glass and d bullet will sail throw ‎​†ђξ glass to ‎​†ђξ victim and kill him without shattering ‎​†ђξ glass. Also when a man takes a woman to ‎​†ђξ village ‎​†ђξ mother must reject and fightback, AND most importantly I have learnt dat most of ‎​†ђξ time we do not need to watch ‎​†ђξ movie just grap ‎​†ђξ packet look at d cast ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will know who ‎​​ will marry who. Or who will kill who. I mean every dam thing Ȋ̝̊̅§ just 2mundane I hope it get better.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Wolef7(m): 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
It has taught me to watch hollywood and christian movies.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
got about 300 movies,now to put them online
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by AmakaG29(f): 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
I don't believe these things but this is what I've seen
1. Women are treacherous, heartless golddiggers who only can about clothing, fake hair, and make up. They will disrespect their parents, neglect their children and good husbands, and fight in the streets just to have sex with an unattractive man who stunts like he has money. Any good and pious women will be subjected to every sort of abuse, but she can pray the evil away.

2. Men are either unsuspecting cuckolds or heartless adulterers. They will have a wife and multiple girlfriends, but the girlfriends will take all their money. They will beat their wives and children. If they have been foreign educated, they will be worshiped by all who encounter them and the world will be theirs. They are also very easy to blackmail.

3. Stay away from black magic.

4. The glory is always to God.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
BABE!:

Nollywood is actually more realistic than Hollywood . The only difference is execution-wise, Hollywood has the resources needed to "reinforce" the "fakeness".
Tell me this is a joke. Realistic in what sense? In all ramifications HOLLYWOOD is far better than Nollywood. That explains why they are the best. Is it not the same Nollywood you know what transpires in most of their films before you even start watching by mere looking at the bill.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by garbigarba: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2011
nollywood has taught me that it is possible to SKYPE using a calabash filled with water  grin grin grin
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2011
Bad English. Thats what Nollywood has taught me. "Nnenna! Uju! Chinwe! The three both of you should come here!" [cant recall the name of the film].
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 01, 2011
@OP
Nollywood movies taught you to improve your vocabulary shocked shocked shocked na wa o.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by BABE3: 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2011
yorke:

Tell me this is a joke. Realistic in what sense? In all ramifications HOLLYWOOD is far better than Nollywood. That explains why they are the best. Is it not the same Nollywood you know what transpires in most of their films before you even start watching by mere looking at the bill.

I never said Hollywood wasn't better. Realistic in the sense that you can relate to the stories --lol.
Errm Sir, mere seeing the trailers, I know what will transpire (95% of the time) in Hollywood movies.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2011
BABE!:

Calm down. I never said Hollywood wasn't better. Realistic in the sense that you can relate to the stories --lol.
Errm Sir, mere seeing the trailers, I know what transpire (95% of the time) in Hollywood movies.

Oh i see. Okay i got your sentimental view of the topic. Madam becoz nollywood na we get am ,abi?
Hey, for u to say u can relate to what transpire in 95% of hollywood movies by mere seeing the trailers is far-fetched.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Babamide(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2011
Nollywood has taught me that,
1. You can be rich and live in a big house without having a job.
2. A woman can carry the same hairstyle for a lifetime.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by mobf: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2011
pro01:

Bad English. Thats what Nollywood has taught me. "Nnenna! Uju! Chinwe! The three both of you should come here!" [cant recall the name of the film].

grin grin. I yaff dead oo!! grin grin
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by KokoBeware: 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
Nollywood has tot me that u can get pregnant by lying on the bed with a man,
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by 1forall: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2011
garbigarba:

nollywood has taught me that it is possible to SKYPE using a calabash filled with water  grin grin grin

Now that's really funny cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by pkv(m): 1:00am On Nov 02, 2011
ItsModella:

@OP
Nollywood movies taught you to improve your vocabulary shocked shocked shocked na wa o.
2nded and that is why common english i can SPOKE!
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by odumchi: 1:23am On Nov 02, 2011
Nollywood teaches various life lessons that could otherwise be learned the hard way. For example in every film, after the villain gets rich and kills his enemies, his plans backfire and he ends up confessing his sin and turning to justice.

In the end "Crime doesn't Pay". A perfect example of this is "The Masters"
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by ddippset(m): 2:04am On Nov 02, 2011
how you can be afraid to change your clothes even when ure alone in the room or going to have ur bath with ur towel still on.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by DisGuy: 2:44am On Nov 02, 2011
All abortions leads to deathor the woman unable to have a child- lol says a lot about Nigerian doctors

That its perfectly okay for your dad to get you a job, get you a wife, get you your first accommodation and even name your child for you,even at 30+

That anyone wearing red.yellow. is evil

All step mothers want to kill you

it's perfectly okay to slap your house-help silly even if your the minister
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Halliema(f): 6:34am On Nov 02, 2011
Nollywood has taught me dat u can actually get hit by a parked vehicle,and dat every big man is called 'chief'
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Ranoscky(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2011
20 something years and more, yet to understand the meaning of NOLLYWOOD, not to talk of what comes out of it!
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by yusuf2(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2011
1. that around 10AM when the sun is up, u can have a phone conversation with another person in the same city and this other person is communicating back with you at night. shocked

2. that a herbalist's shrine can also be used to do video chatting or/and video surveillance cheesy

3. that it is extremely important to show a character driving out of his house, driving along the road all the way to his/her destination

4. that all rich men acquired their wealth through dubious means or from blood money(evil money) undecided

and i don't watch Nollywood movies, yet from the few i've seen, these is just about a handful, i could keep on listing, , ,,,,,
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Dokai: 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
Nollywood Has not taught me anything good! And it really SPOILS children
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by BABE3: 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2011
yorke:

Oh i see. Okay i got your sentimental view of the topic. Madam becoz nollywood na we get am ,abi?

No be "na we get am" talk. Like I said:

"Nollywood is actually more realistic than Hollywood . The only thing is execution-wise, Hollywood has the resources needed to "reinforce" the "fakeness".

yorke:

Hey, for u to say u know what will transpire in 95% of hollywood movies by mere seeing the trailers is far-fetched.

You never jam. Well, it's very true. Why shouldn't it be the truth? Do you watch Hollywood movies atall?
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Gbenge77(m): 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
Lol@replies
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by EfeEkarume(m): 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
I won't tell.
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by 9jagosplem: 2:58am On Nov 04, 2011
Wol-ef7:

It has taught me to watch hollywood and christian movies.

For your latest Nigerian Gospel Movies, check out this channel.

http://www.youtube.com/9jagospelmovies

For your latest Nigerian Christain Music

http://www.youtube.com/9jagospelmusic

New movies and music are been added everyday with full copyrights from the owners
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by Tinaz: 10:45am On Nov 04, 2011
Nice discussion
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by BoOOosHBoy: 6:24am On Nov 11, 2011
Nigerian movies are not educative
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by thetelz(m): 2:17am On Nov 14, 2011
I've learnt that even pastors too can teleport!
Re: What Has Nollywood Taught You? by BootyOnMe: 5:47am On Nov 14, 2011
A lot! grin
Beware of Nigerian Christians.
Most importly, Nigeria is not my home and will never be! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens At The End Of "behind Closed Doors Part 3"? / Download [zootopia] Movie Full HD!! / The Flash Vs Superman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.