Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva (20121 Views)

Nigeria To Commence Local Vehicle Manufacturing Within 10 Years - Doris Uzoka / Uzoka-Anite Explains Why Government Prefers Imported Vehicles / Oshiomhole Tackles Senator Elisha Abbo Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by dunski: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2023
Karemarealty288:

https://www.thecable.ng/oshiomhole-tackles-trade-minister-for-proposing-n1bn-for-single-trip-to-geneva/amp
This is so embarrassing.A minister of trade does not know balance of trade position with your foremost trading partner can easily be obtained from CBN.E go hard o
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by erniok(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2023
vanbonattel:
Did Oshiomole suddenly realise there is need for financial prudence just because this minister is Igbo? grin
Oga relax, see as osho bab tackle prisons boss. The man wants you to show that you know what you are doing. I really love what he's doing and wish we have more like him.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by erniok(m): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2023
dunski:

This is so embarrassing.A minister of trade does not know balance of trade position with your foremost trading partner can easily be obtained from CBN.E go hard o

Na come-and-chop minister. Watch osho baba at budget defense and you can't help liking him.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by erniok(m): 9:56am On Dec 13, 2023
jrusky:
To go and do what in Geneva? Why must he go to Geneva in the first place? Since he became the Minister can he point to anything he has achieved so far? As he even raise N500m into FG purse since he became the Trade Minister to give him the audacity of asking for such money to go to Geneva my a s s?

Hmmm....bro, na woman no be man.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by jrusky(m): 10:05am On Dec 13, 2023
erniok:

Hmmm....bro, na woman no be man.

Have corrected that, thanks...
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by erniok(m): 10:06am On Dec 13, 2023
jrusky:

Have corrected that, thanks...
You are welcome boss.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Blackdisciple(m): 10:10am On Dec 13, 2023
JASONjnr:
I am beginning to like Oshiomole.....

I think as Obididient, we stand for clarity and openness.

Oshiomole is Obididient to his duties as a Nigerian senator..... No hate!

I like that bro, you can say that again I'm beginning to like this man to be honest.....

But truth to be told APC don't deserve this man
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Yadid(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2023
Omoluabi16:
They keep renovating offices every 4-8 years. How many Nigerians get to do that?
She does not even know Nigeria's BOT with china, our major trading partner.. unaware the records even exist. Then the billion naira trip to Geneva.
Osho did well this time by telling her to sit down and work.

I was shocked to read that Trade Ministry does not have the Balance of Trade records. Just imagine. I wonder the office they are renovating.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by ebonyface2(m): 10:21am On Dec 13, 2023
drerocker:

How e is part of the problem we are facing today during it's days as nlc boss

Please explain his NLC days
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Olaideolayemi(m): 10:21am On Dec 13, 2023
Just pack out of the ministry..You can't defend a balance of take in your ministry? please..
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Nolevel666: 10:21am On Dec 13, 2023
malali:
Clueless minister

[b]The role of a Minister of Trade in a country involves various responsibilities related to the development, regulation, and promotion of trade activities. The specific duties can vary from country to country, but generally, the key roles of a Minister of Trade include:

1. **Trade Policy Formulation:**
- Developing and formulating trade policies that align with the overall economic goals and objectives of the country.
- Evaluating existing trade policies and proposing adjustments or reforms when necessary.

2. **International Trade Negotiations:**
- Representing the country in international trade negotiations and agreements.
- Negotiating trade deals to promote favorable terms for the country's exports and imports.
- Collaborating with other countries to address trade-related issues and disputes.

3. **Trade Promotion and Development:**
- Implementing strategies to promote exports and enhance the competitiveness of domestic industries in the global market.
- Supporting the development of new markets for the country's goods and services.

4. **Trade Regulation and Compliance:**
- Overseeing trade regulations and ensuring compliance with international trade laws.
- Implementing measures to prevent unfair trade practices and safeguarding the interests of domestic industries.

5. **Customs and Border Control:**
- Managing customs and border control policies to facilitate the smooth flow of goods across borders.
- Implementing measures to enhance efficiency in customs processes and reduce trade barriers.

6. **Trade Facilitation:**
- Implementing measures to simplify and streamline trade procedures to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Working to enhance the infrastructure and logistics that support trade activities.

7. **Market Access and Diversification:**
- Identifying new markets and opportunities for the country's products and services.
- Diversifying the country's export base to reduce dependence on a limited number of markets.

8. **Trade Promotion and Education:**
- Promoting awareness and understanding of trade policies and opportunities among businesses and the public.
- Providing support and resources to help businesses navigate international trade.

9. **Coordination with Other Ministries:**
- Collaborating with other government ministries and agencies to ensure a coordinated approach to economic and trade policies.
- Addressing cross-cutting issues that impact trade, such as environmental regulations and labor standards.

10. **Monitoring and Reporting:**
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of trade policies on the economy.
- Providing regular reports and updates to the government and the public on trade-related matters.

The Minister of Trade plays a crucial role in shaping the economic landscape of a country by fostering international trade, promoting economic growth, and ensuring a fair and competitive environment for businesses.[/b]

Them no even know their work
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by stacyadams: 10:24am On Dec 13, 2023
vanbonattel:
Did Oshiomole suddenly realise there is need for financial prudence just because this minister is Igbo? grin

Not ibo,na because say na woman grin
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Bluntemperor: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2023
erniok:

Oga relax, see as osho bab tackle prisons boss. The man wants you to show that you know what you are doing. I really love what he's doing and wish we have more like him.

A good talk and brilliant submissions,not based on tribal sentiments!
•As we are talking,a Video showing Benin- City Airport in over 8- hours Darkness even without any Generator to power a whole Airport and you want Foreigners to come to Nigeria,na?
War Against DISCOS, should start , from Edo!
CEO - Obaseki,the Governor - how now?
- do the Workers Salaries reflect the 35K?
- How has the Palliatives been from Federal Govt Palliatives released to the State Governments?
- How much you get from former President- Buhari last year- on the Homongous Money - Back to Back- with Other Niger Delta,on the Oil Money Shortfalls-paid back since 2021, because the People of Niger -Delta have not known the Amount Buhari gave Una,till date,Only Only Hon.Wike- declared his own as Govnr of Rivers then!
- How much this year Budget goes for the Masses?
• Edo no be Lagos - even the Airport can't get steady Generator!
Too bad!
I beg,make Una park somewhere!
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by OlawaleBammie: 10:44am On Dec 13, 2023
JASONjnr:

wetin elupee senators no fit do na hin oshobaba dey do so

U can claim him to ur side as well, success has many friends indeed
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by erniok(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2023
Bluntemperor:

A good talk and brilliant submissions,not based on tribal sentiments!
•As we are talking,a Video showing Benin- City Airport in over 8- hours Darkness even without any Generator to power a whole Airport and you want Foreigners to come to Nigeria,na?
War Against DISCOS, should start , from Edo!
CEO - Obaseki,the Governor - how now?
- do the Workers Salaries reflect the 35K?
- How has the Palliatives been from Federal Govt Palliatives released to the State Governments?
- How much you get from former President- Buhari last year- on the Homongous Money - Back to Back- with Other Niger Delta,on the Oil Money Shortfalls-paid back since 2021, because the People of Niger -Delta have not known the Amount Buhari gave Una,till date,Only Only Hon.Wike- declared his own as Govnr of Rivers then!
- How much this year Budget goes for the Masses?
• Edo no be Lagos - even the Airport can't get steady Generator!
Too bad!
I beg,make Una park somewhere!

What has all the long diatribe got to do with what I posted or are you confusing me with someone else?
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by bitbillionaire: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2023
I'm not satisfied with this post. The National Assembly should either stop her from going on such trip or if it's a trip that will add value to the country the amount should be drastically reduced to maybe N20 million or she suspend it. Merely questioning and rebuking her is useless if she still ends up spending such an amount

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Starhearts: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2023
anonymous1759:
She’s beautiful

U too like kpekus....

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by frog12: 11:56am On Dec 13, 2023
ah. he dey show us how INCOMPETENT dis people are grin grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Indispensable85(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2023
vanbonattel:

You've obviously not been following this budget defence. Please try and be following.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by frog12: 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2023
na basic question. the woman suppose know am.
you see why some of them dey pretend fainting during senate screening.

atti2ude:
Oshiomole has a serious comprehension problem. She did not say the records do not exits but the ministry does not have those data/records hence the creation of the trade intelligence department to harmonise those data
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Indispensable85(m): 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
Oshiomhole has been a strong voice in this 10th senate. He has been exposing alot recently. The man dey give dem problem.

I pray they don't gang up against him and suspend him ooo 🤣🤣 evil people full dat senate.

The man is making a difference there. We need more people in this regard.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by frog12: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2023
soon she go get one big post with UN grin

jrusky:
To go and do what in Geneva? Why must he go to Geneva in the first place? Since he became the Minister can he point to anything he has achieved so far? As he even raise N500m into FG purse since he became the Trade Minister to give him the audacity of asking for such money to go to Geneva my a s s?
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by frog12: 12:13pm On Dec 13, 2023
look the woman na just politician. na politial responses she dey give. her ministry suppose know all these information.
the ministry has all the data. she just be someone wey dey spend money on fashion. these money like position and titles.

vanbonattel:
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by hylyne(m): 12:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
Don't mind him...he is playing to the Gallary now to buy the heart of gullible Nigerians.. He is part of the decay is querying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Whitelion07(m): 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2023
Karemarealty288:

https://www.thecable.ng/oshiomhole-tackles-trade-minister-for-proposing-n1bn-for-single-trip-to-geneva/amp
Another Diezani Allison madueke cooking somtin sinister. Please let’s stop this woman on time before she breaks her elder sister record for embezzlement.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by benardtotti(m): 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
Odjirigho:

This man just sat up to what a true democratically elected rep of the people should be doing.
We need just 5 of our reps to be up as he is and it will be a better outing for Nigerians irrespective of political affiliation.

Did you say " sat up" ? It's obvious you don't know Adams well enough he has always been stringent, reason buhari and Co didn't like him as chairman, that's one thing I respect BAT for ,he may have a shady past but he surrounds himself with solid people who have character e.g. Ribadu , Adams, fashola ,etc .

I keep saying it there is something decent people like Ribadu saw in tinubu that made them loyal to him.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by bjdon: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
JASONjnr:

Very well said.
Oshimole seems to be ONLY senator that is taking his oversight role serioulsy.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Gajagojo: 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
anonymous1759:
She’s beautiful
to you
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by babamoha(m): 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
1 billion for a single trip is nothing but a waste of resources.
Anyway we Nigerians are wasteful spender’s make eledumare help us out of this self inflicted calamity.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Welcomme: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2023
Imagine a Minister of Trade saying she doesn't know if such a data exists? I agree with Oshiomole, let's know our BOT with some of the major countries with trade with. Attract some to do FDI rather than importing. I am sure our BOT with china will be on a very high deficit. 80% of our imports is from China and I don't think we export up to 1% of anything to them.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by obailala(m): 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2023
JASONjnr:

I think Oshiomole functions better as an activist and people's advocate. He was never meant to be in the executive arm. Same goes for Festus Keyamo who functioned better as a government critic and people's advocate but became a scum once he got to an executive seat.
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Charly68: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
1 billion naira for a trip to Switzerland, to do what gan gan?
Na so our clueless ministers fey allocate our resources without any vision...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Seeks FG's Permission For 3000MW Project To Power Lagos / Peter Obi & Datti Visit The Palace Of Chief Of Kagoro In Southern Kaduna (Pics) / Open Grazing Ban: Katsina Governor, Masari Backs Southern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.