Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva (20094 Views)

Nigeria To Commence Local Vehicle Manufacturing Within 10 Years - Doris Uzoka / Uzoka-Anite Explains Why Government Prefers Imported Vehicles / Oshiomhole Tackles Senator Elisha Abbo Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Karemarealty288(m): 7:31am On Dec 13, 2023
Doris Uzoka, minister of trade, industry, and investment, on Tuesday came under scrutiny when she appeared before some senators to defend her ministry’s budget.

Uzoka was answering questions from the national assembly joint committee on trade and investment about the 2024 budget proposal.

The minister told the joint panel that N905 million is earmarked for overhead costs while N8.1 billion is allocated to capital expenditure.

After presenting the figures in the budget, Adams Oshiomhole, senator representing Edo north and a member of the committee, frowned at a line item which provides N1 billion for a single trip to Geneva, Switzerland.

“I see that you intend to travel to Geneva next year and you have budgeted over one billion for that,” Oshiomhole said.

“We cannot keep going on with over-bloated teams on foreign trips. Use the experts we have in your offices in those countries to save costs.”

The lawmaker also asked the minister where the country’s balance of trade stood, especially with China.

“What is our balance of trade, especially with China? Those countries importing things to Nigeria are expected to build factories in Nigeria,” he said.

“We have to take advantage of our population to grow our industries.”

However, the minister told the joint panel that her ministry does not have such records.

“Sir, I regret to say that we seem to have no record of our balance of trade or at least it does not exist in the ministry and that is why we initiated a new unit called the trade intelligence unit to ensure that such data are generated and stored,” Uzoka said.

Not satisfied with her response, Oshiomhole told the minister that he did not agree with her submission.

“No Madam, I do not agree that there is no data. Such data exists with the CBN, customs and other agencies,” the former governor said.

“Sit in your office and work for Nigerians.

“I have gone there twice. You are always in the BOI. If you preferred BOI, you should have declined the president’s nomination to be a minister.

In response, she said her office is under renovation, adding “I assure you that I can work from anywhere and give Nigerians results”.
https://www.thecable.ng/oshiomhole-tackles-trade-minister-for-proposing-n1bn-for-single-trip-to-geneva/amp

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by JASONjnr(m): 7:33am On Dec 13, 2023
I am beginning to like Oshiomole.....

I think as Obididient, we stand for clarity and openness.

Oshiomole is Obididient to his duties as a Nigerian senator..... No hate!

224 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Dreal1247: 7:36am On Dec 13, 2023
Oshomole is an outstanding and intelligent senator. His contribution has surpassed the contribution of some senators who have spent over ten years in the Upper Chamber. But the truth is that what the media allow the people to know is different from the real governance.

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Ikaeniyan0: 7:42am On Dec 13, 2023
1 billion naira for a trip to Switzerland, to do what gan gan?

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Xwizard: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2023
May whoever going for such trip, with such amount of money never comes back Amen

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Pakute: 7:47am On Dec 13, 2023
Her responses seemed respectful, she already knows that nobody messes with Oshiomole.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by nonhuman(m): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2023
Oshomele the only APC man with the intelligent of an obidient

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by VinnyBaba: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2023
The ComradeShip spirit still exist inside Oshiomhole, despite being a member of the APC.🤔😊😊

It's just like those that leave Catholic Church to Pentecostal church
But still have some Catholicism inside of them.🤨🙂🙂

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Westerhoffe(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2023
Na the economy crash cause the price hike.

And their conversation is more like, Me wey I don catch you finish for wrist and you still dey follow me argue?

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Ofunaofu: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2023
angry
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Quebec91(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2023
Amen
Xwizard:
May whoever going for such trip, with such amount of money never comes back Amen

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2023
NIgeria politician are theif

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by njikoka(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2023
JASONjnr:

You are one of the few sane Nigerians... All we want is a better country

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by eddiecole(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2023
Useless people...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Kingbenn(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2023
If it's not madness, wetin she wan go do wey go make her spend a whole 1 billion for a foreign trip? How do these people sleep at night after milking their mother land?

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2023
We need brilliant minds in important positions, only then can this country make headway

The minister could not adequately address Oshomole’s brilliant questions.

We need square pegs in square holes.

Everything cannot be man-know-know-man.

Look at the security sector, the army , DSS, and police, you almost cannot be enlisted if you don’t know someone. And even if you’re enlisted, you can hardly ever get any important postings if you don’t have the contact.

This is why the army and air force randomly bombs innocent civilian citizens instead of terrorists.
Too many dumb heads flying fighter jets.

If we continue like this we stand the risk of destroying our country

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by anonymous1759(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2023
She’s beautiful

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Nice2023(m): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2023
And that money would be converted to Euros and we can all see how they collectively destroy this country with their nonsensical trips.

Thereby mounting pressure on forex and putting the poor man and woman out there in severe pain.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Macphenson: 7:56am On Dec 13, 2023
Oshiomhole, please kindly extend that message to Mr. President.

Tell him we cant keep having over bloated foreign trips.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Odjirigho: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2023
JASONjnr:

This man just sat up to what a true democratically elected rep of the people should be doing.
We need just 5 of our reps to be up as he is and it will be a better outing for Nigerians irrespective of political affiliation.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Opans: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2023
Thiefs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Omoluabi16(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2023
They keep renovating offices every 4-8 years. How many Nigerians get to do that?
She does not even know Nigeria's BOT with china, our major trading partner.. unaware the records even exist. Then the billion naira trip to Geneva.
Osho did well this time by telling her to sit down and work.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by money121(m): 7:58am On Dec 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by babavik: 7:58am On Dec 13, 2023
how do these thieves come up with these bloated figures? Do they really think??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by ponishah: 7:59am On Dec 13, 2023
JASONjnr:

There is nothing to like in a nigerian politician, do it at your own risk.
All those things na diversionary acting, deceptive too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by vanbonattel: 7:59am On Dec 13, 2023
Did Oshiomole suddenly realise there is need for financial prudence just because this minister is Igbo? grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by izubext007: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2023
Every one's turn to loot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Tackles Doris Uzoka For Proposing ₦‎1 Billion For Trip To Geneva by Primusinterpares(m): 8:01am On Dec 13, 2023
Just so reckless of our so called leaders...

But what do you expect when even the president is a owanbe president

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’m Under Pressure Over Buhari’s Cabinet - Joda / Panel To Probe Amaechi Begins Sitting In Port Harcourt / BBC Laments Over Nigeria's Fuel Scarcity As #End fuel crisisnow Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.