Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party (244 Views)

Think Twice Before You Throw A Birthday Party For Your Girlfriend / Endowed Lady Apologises After Saying Men Should Throw Away Their Skinny Girlfrie / Plus-sized Bride Excites Guests With Her Hot Dance At Her After Wedding Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party by saasala(m): 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2023
So I was reading this thread that made frontpage a while ago: https://www.nairaland.com/7940243/weddings-sweet-expensive

So reading all the comments, I got angry and was wondering if every single person here on Nairaland is extremely poor with poverty mentality.

Everyone on the comment except me were saying "Na mumu dey throw wedding party"..."Just go to registry and go home"..."Don't throw a party and go hungry"

Are you all this poor?

Don't get me wrong, if you cannot afford to throw a good wedding party, please don't. Do whatever you can afford. But don't come and call everyone throwing a party mumu.

If you can afford it, please throw a big wedding, as big as your pocket can carry. Don't borrow money to do it so you won't put unnecessary pressure on yourself.

I'm saying this because I know the memories good wedding party creates in your head. You, your spouse, your family will always look back and be happy. Its like the biggest day in your life since you were born. Its a special day for you and should be fun and enjoyable.

Good weddings are a good sight to behold. The ashoebi, the delicious food, the fine hall with chilling AC, the decoration, the MC playing fine games, the DJ playing good music and probably the live band hailing you and your family members. If you have rich friends, they throw some money on your head and you look back and appreciate everyone of them.

I threw a good party, not so elaborate but a very good one. I still look at the photos and videos till today and I feel really fulfilled.

I didn't borrow one kobo to throw the party and neither me, my wife or our children have gone hungry since that day till this moment.

Most of you will do a 60k wedding and still go hungry two months after because you are always poor, big wedding or not

Is everyone here really poor?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party by samtoles: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2023
99% of Nairaland are poor and hungry. No be their fault.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party by TimT: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
saasala:
So I was reading this thread that made frontpage a while ago: https://www.nairaland.com/7940243/weddings-sweet-expensive

So reading all the comments, I got angry and was wondering [/b]if every single person here on Nairaland is extremely poor with poverty mentality.[b]

Everyone on the comment except me were saying "Na mumu dey throw wedding party"..."Just go to registry and go home"..."Don't throw a party and go hungry"

Are you all this poor?

Don't get me wrong, if you cannot afford to throw a good wedding party, please don't. Do whatever you can afford. But don't come and call everyone throwing a party mumu.

If you can afford it, please throw a big wedding, as big as your pocket can carry. Don't borrow money to do it so you won't put unnecessary pressure on yourself.

I'm saying this because I know the memories good wedding party creates in your head. You, your spouse, your family will always look back and be happy. Its like the biggest day in your life since you were born. Its a special day for you and should be fun and enjoyable.

Good weddings are a good sight to behold. The ashoebi, the delicious food, the fine hall with chilling AC, the decoration, the MC playing fine games, the DJ playing good music and probably the live band hailing you and your family members. If you have rich friends, they throw some money on your head and you look back and appreciate everyone of them.

I threw a good party, not so elaborate but a very good one. I still look at the photos and videos till today and I feel really fulfilled.

I didn't borrow one kobo to throw the party and neither me, my wife or our children have gone hungry since that day till this moment.

Most of you will do a 60k wedding and still go hungry two months after because you are always poor, big wedding or not

[/b]Is everyone here really poor?[b]
Not everyone, but majority of nairalanders lives below $5 per day...
And since it's an indigenous forum, then it reflects the general populace...
According to World Bank, 110 million Nigerians are poor or lives below $1 per day...
That's roughly %50 of the population of around 220million citizens...
So if majority says small wedding is best, then that's according to their financial status

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party by Magnoliaa(f): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2023
Are you new here?

Don't you know we all live in an alternate reality on NL? grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party by saasala(m): 11:33am On Dec 15, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Are you new here?

I just dey know now o
Re: Why You Should Throw A Good Wedding Party by TheFinesseKid: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Are you new here?

yawns 🤧

(1) (Reply)

A Close Mouth Is A Closed Destiny / Help! I Can't Seem To Find The Perfect Gift. / She Rejected him For Being Broke Despite Sacrificing All He Got For Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.