Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,600 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos (3813 Views)

Largest State In Each Geopolitical Region In Nigeria / Buhari: Foreign Groups Bent On Destroying Nigeria Behind Boko Haram / Delta, Akwa Ibom Received Largest State Allocations In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Workch: 6:31am On Dec 15, 2023
fnep2smooth:
My Beloved State

Na Hospitality dey move the state plus high inflow of students studying in the state.
FUTO
IMSU
Umuagbo
Alvan
Nekede

Plus all those nursing schools with catering,
Thats why in every school teacher in Nigeria, there iss more than 3 Imo state teacher there.

Hotels and cool spot everywhere.

i no dey surprise
No, it's the gas industry that is just starting in Imo state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by horsepower102: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

Which authority converted to naira? GDP is usually computed in US $, moreover, IMF put Lagos GDP at over $120bn as at last year, but the shows much less in naira. The total GDP for Nigeria according to International bodies is over $400bn, but the table shows much less, you guys should stop misleading the public with your false stats.

take your case to budgit.

Multiple treads have been quoting them on nairaland as source. No problem.

When the one you don’t like came out you started attacking me. Abeg shift.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by pquaver(m): 6:32am On Dec 15, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Otondo the Oil and Gas firms has been there before Hope became governor

Keep quiet ..Hope started the Gas development..say what you know..they have been theirs since but GDP didnt Rise since...E ..wu Gambia

Obi...diots spotted..Go buy sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by BeautifulMind2: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

GDP needs to be accurately captured. There are real consequences for informal economy. It affects investment drive. Maintaining informal economy will make you look less attractive to investors who don’t know much more than what they see on paper.
I know that's why I said both states should keep developing their formal economy, I'm glad both states are controlled by governors that understand the how economy works.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by BeautifulMind2: 6:33am On Dec 15, 2023
pquaver:

Keep quiet ..Hope started the Gas development..say what you know..they have been theirs since but GDP didnt Rise since...E ..wu Gambia

Obi...diots spotted..Go buy sense
You be Otondo, Google when Seplat flagged off their project

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Workch: 6:34am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:
Nigeria's GDP is over $400bn dollars, while the table shows much less, the info is incorrect.
that is not how it works.

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

It’s from budgit which got it from world bank.

World Bank computes GDP in $US not in ñaira, if you insist the table is accurate, then show us the original computation from World Bank. You guys should stop spreading falsehood just to masturbate your egos

1 Like

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:37am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

take your case to budgit.

Multiple treads have been quoting them on nairaland as source. No problem.

When the one you don’t like came out you started attacking me. Abeg shift.

Budgit never released those computation, it was released by ethnic jingoist like yourself, kindly show us the $ computation from Budgit office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by BeautifulMind2: 6:37am On Dec 15, 2023
SoNature:
I didn't download and go through the PDF file.
So, could you give us an idea of the methodology used to arrive at this conclusion?

I have repeatedly maintained that the only stats I trust in Nigeria are air traffic, crime rates and IGR. Everything else is based on questionable estimates.
See your life, you trust IGR state governors are releasing grin grin but you don't trust GDP from World bank and NBS

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Workch: 6:39am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

World Bank computes GDP in $US not in ñaira, if you insist the table is accurate, then show us the original computation from World Bank. You guys should stop spreading falsehood just to masturbate your egos
You seem not to understand how things work

4 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:39am On Dec 15, 2023
Workch:
that is not how it works.

When did world Bank starts releasing GDP computation in naira? The table is pure falsehood. Let him show s the source of the GDP computation on their sites

1 Like

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by pquaver(m): 6:39am On Dec 15, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

You be Otondo, Google when Seplat flagged off their project

Oga No dey quote me...If U no get sense...Abeg..the flagged of theirs Project..No Impact until Hope came ..Uzodinma a di nma..
Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Workch: 6:40am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

When did world Bank starts releasing GDP computation in naira? The table is pure falsehood. Let him show s the source of the GDP computation on their sites
Dollar can be converted to naira. You are sounding like its impossible to convert dollar to naira figures that Nigerians can easily understand

9 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by horsepower102: 6:40am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

Budgit never released those computation, it was released by ethnic jingoist like yourself, kindly show us the $ computation from Budgit office.

Yes of course. I forced them to add it in their presentation.

7 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:41am On Dec 15, 2023
Workch:
You seem not to understand how things work

Then how does it work? Show us the original computation on world Bank or Budgit site, since we all know their computations is not in naira
Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by BeautifulMind2: 6:41am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

This is phase II NBS released open the link

https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary/read/947

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:42am On Dec 15, 2023
Workch:
Dollar can be converted to naira. You are sounding like its impossible to convert dollar to naira figures that Nigerians can easily understand

Then show us the original computation on their sites. Lies and falsehood will not take you guys far in this country.
Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Workch: 6:44am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

Then show us the original computation on their sites. Lies and falsehood will not take you guys far in this country.
Why are you triggered?
Even Wikipedia 2021 GDP figures of Nigerian states was computed in ñaira and Imo state was 4th largest as of 2021 in Nigeria, behind rivers, LAGOS and Akwa Ibom.

Imo gas industry is booming and she's the largest gas producer in West Africa, it's expected that her economy will grow drastically since gas is the future. Stop being triggered

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Nackzy: 6:47am On Dec 15, 2023
Omo see wetin yahoo yahoo do for this place, in this place you'll practically lost count of hotels and big business established by yahoo boys
Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:48am On Dec 15, 2023
Workch:
Why are you triggered?
Even Wikipedia 2021 GDP figures of Nigerian states was computed in ñaira and Imo state was 4th largest as of 2021 in Nigeria, behind rivers, LAGOS and Akwa Ibom.

Imo gas industry is booming and she's the largest gas producer in West Africa, it's expected that her economy will grow drastically since gas is the future. Stop being triggered

Wikipedia GDP figures? Who computed it? Now I understand you guys are jokers. Anything to masturbate your deflated egos.
Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by BeautifulMind2: 6:50am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

Wikipedia GDP figures? Who computed it? Now I understand you guys are jokers. Anything to masturbate your deflated egos.
Did you open NBS link I showed you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:53am On Dec 15, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Did you open NBS link I showed you

Show us the original computation from World Bank, not the data already converted to naira. Moreover, Lagos and some other states are not in the so called data, so where did you get their false computation.?

1 Like

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Workch: 6:53am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

I computed it. Me and my boys in Aba

11 Likes

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by horsepower102: 6:54am On Dec 15, 2023
Workch:
I computed it. Me and my boys in Aba

🤣🤣🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Billionairly: 6:55am On Dec 15, 2023
This is going to give sleepless night to some people from that other side. Many Sleepless nights loading. They click on the link and keep on re checking. But if their governor clamin they have 500 Billion as IGR they will come here and and start dancing

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by Philistine(m): 6:57am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

🤣🤣🤣

Congrats! You guys should continue to spread lies and falsehood since it will masturbate your deflated egos. Once again nobody takes you guys serious again, your repeated lies have been bursted several times.
Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by horsepower102: 6:59am On Dec 15, 2023
Philistine:

Congrats! You guys should continue to spread lies and falsehood since it will masturbate your deflated egos. Once again nobody takes you guys serious again, your repeated lies have been bursted several times.

https://budgit.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2023-State-of-States-updated-.pdf

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by BeautifulMind2: 7:04am On Dec 15, 2023
Billionairly:
This is going to give sleepless night to some people from that other side. Many Sleepless nights loading. They click on the link and keep on re checking. But if their governor clamin they have 500 Billion as IGR they will come here and and start dancing
Haven't you noticed that in this forum only fabricated IGR by governors make front page not GDP, I have created different threads on states GDP from World bank and NBS it didn't see front page, they enjoying deceiving themselves with IGR that doesn't measure economy, imagine celebrating high IGR still borrow to pay salary

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by horsepower102: 7:07am On Dec 15, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

Haven't you noticed that in this forum only fabricated IGR by governors make front page not GDP, I have created different threads on states GDP from World bank and NBS it didn't see front page, they enjoying deceiving themselves with IGR that doesn't measure economy, imagine celebrating high IGR still borrow to pay salary

Reality has a way of waking people up. They are in for a rude awakening.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by nedu666: 7:10am On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:
Imo state has surpassed Rivers, Delta, Awka Ibom and Anambra state to become the 2nd/ Second largest state economy in Nigeria with a GDP of #8,452,776,534,748 trillion

Modified: I misread Rivers state numbers

Source (page 156): https://budgit.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/2023-State-of-States-updated-.pdf

Which imo state. The one in Nigeria or the imaginary one
Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by horsepower102: 7:13am On Dec 15, 2023
nedu666:

Which imo state. The one in Nigeria or the imaginary one

Yes the imo state in Nigeria. Anyone watching things going on for the past 10 years would not be surprised. Despite poor leadership and insecurity, imo state economy has been doing well.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State Is Now The 2nd Largest State Economy In Nigeria Behind Lagos by SoNature(m): 7:17am On Dec 15, 2023
BeautifulMind2:

See your life, you trust IGR state governors are releasing grin grin but you don't trust GDP from World bank and NBS

Yes, that's common sense. No state governor will inflate their IGR, instead they will reduce the actual figure, thereby giving us an idea of what their states generate.

But you see GDP, it takes a lot of time, resources and efforts to calculate it. That's why I always I doubt the GDP figures World Bank dishes out most times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ribadu's Expensive Gamble / Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam / : DISGRACE! Nigerian House Of Reps Fight Over Rebelling Governors [vid + Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.