Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State (2197 Views)

Nigeria Ramps Up Construction Of Pipeline Delivering Gas To Europe (Video) / This Is How Imo State Is Fumigated And Disinfected Against Covid19. Best Way? / How Imo Governorship Election Verdict Generates Judicial Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2023
The FG powers Lagos through natural gas piped from Imo. Shell is also proposing to pipe another IMO gas to Ogun state.

Don't forget that Imo state holds 200 trillion cubic feet of gas and is currently the highest producer of gas in West Africa. Without Imo state gas, Lagos state would have been in perpetual darkness.

I think Imo state government should start taxing Lagos state for powering their economy.

It's unfortunate that those who live off Imo gas are demolishing Igbo properties in Lagos state. Ungrateful people.

In another news, Imo state now has the second largest economy in Nigeria. The GDP will experience over one-third growth if the Shell - ANOH $3.5 billion gas project kicks off, and this will make Imo the fastest growing economy in Nigeria.

Also, IMO state is expected to supply gas to the almost completed Aba Geometric Power. This integrated power project will supply 24 hours power supply to Aba before the end of 2024, the first city to achieve that in Nigeria, making Aba the manufacturing hub of Nigeria.

It's important to note that the ANOH shell gas plant is capable of producing 2.0 GW of electricity, which is about 500 times the capacity Nigeria is producing today. I hope those wondering why IMO voted overwhelmingly for Hope Uzodimma are seeing the reasons.

After Imo, Igbos will move to Anambra which holds about 5X the Imo gas reserve at over 950 trillion cubic feet. IMO state will likely feed the Nigeria - Morocco gas pipeline. If Imo pulls out, then the project will be dead on arrival.

Gas is the future and IMO and Anambra states are leading the charge.

We rise

Share if you support "Igbo gas for Igbos"

Like if you support "Igbo gas for Nigeria"

16 Likes 28 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Igbodicool(m): 12:37pm On Dec 15, 2023
Igbo gas is for Igbo.

When the time comes, body go tell them.
Only Nnamdi Kanu is giving them sleepless night and has turned them to wailers online let alone when 10% Igbo youths will be involved.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by KingKO22: 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
Is this one crying or wailing πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Are they doing it for free ?

As a matter of fact
There is CNG gas distributor company in Lagos and Ogun state as far back as 1999

I have personally worked in a CNG company in Abeokuta and we distribute to many states but ignorance and bitterness in the brain of IPOBIDIENTS think all the gas in Nigeria start from Imo

Backward never

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Igbodicool(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
KingKO22:

As a matter of fact
There is CNG gas distributor company in Lagos and Ogun state as far back as 1999

I have personally worked in a CNG company in Abeokuta and we distribute to many states but ignorance and bitterness in the brain of IPOBIDIENTS think all the gas in Nigeria start from Imo

Backward never
Audio Gas

There is no gas in wasteland.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 12:42pm On Dec 15, 2023
KingKO22:

As a matter of fact

Backward never
You get CNG by compressing NG.

If Imo state stops supplying, there will be no CNG for you. So, you have benefited directly from Igbo natural resources?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2023
Igbodicool:

Audio Gas

There is no gas in wasteland.
They got the CNG by compressing IMO gas.

If Imo stops supplying, there will be no gas for them

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Smartguyboy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2023
They have such gas yet owerri is nothing to write home about always feel ashamed going there .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by horsepower102: 12:46pm On Dec 15, 2023
KingKO22:

As a matter of fact

Backward never

I have opened a thread in the past with reference to an article showing how gas from imo state is powering Lagos. Either around 2019 or 2020.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 12:47pm On Dec 15, 2023
Smartguyboy:
They have such gas yet owerri is nothing to write home about always feel ashamed going there .
Show respect to the Second Largest economy in Nigeria.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

I have opened a thread in the past with reference to an article showing how gas from imo state is powering Lagos. Either around 2019 or 2020.
Drop the link, lets pepper them.

I have never seen people so f00lish. Imagine living off Igbo gas and you are busy demolishing Igbo properties. Yoroobers need wisdom.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Ballmer: 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2023
As Igbo not been benefiting from nigerinDelta oil so what is the big deal if others benefit from Igbo gas ? Do Igbo give the gas free or is is not paid for or what exactly is your dead brain Igbo father wailing about in particular.

IamAtikulate:

You get CNG by compressing NG.

If Imo state stops supplying, there will be no CNG for you. So, you have benefited directly from Igbo natural resources?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ballmer:
As Igbo not been benefiting from nigerinDelta oil so what is the big deal if others benefit from Igbo gas ? Do Igbo give the gas free or is is not paid for or what exactly is your dead brain Igbo father wailing about in particular.

Ok.

Chop your oil, lets chop our gas. We already have enough oil in the SE to power our economy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 12:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
KingKO22:

As a matter of fact

Backward never
We are talking about 200 + 950 trillion cubit feet of gas not those three cups of gas your leaders are flaring.

1,120 Trillion cubic feet of gas na your mate?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by horsepower102: 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2023
IamAtikulate:

I have never seen people so f00lish. Imagine living off Igbo gas and you are busy demolishing Igbo properties. Yoroobers need wisdom.

See this thread from 2020

https://www.nairaland.com/5880981/why-fg-pumping-gas-imo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IGBOSON1: 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
IamAtikulate:

I think this is just one of those issues that shows how unlevel the Nigerian playing field is and how its political-economy is structured and tilted to benefit the Fulani/Yoruba...with the south-east/Igbo holding the short end of the stick! You can now appreciate why they want Mazi Kanu continually held in their gulag!

This is why some don't want Nigeria to end and why they despise anything IPOB or Mazi Kanu!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by horsepower102: 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
IamAtikulate:

This is the thread that I personally opened in 2020

https://www.nairaland.com/5881934/imo-state-gas-been-supplying

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IamAtikulate: 1:00pm On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

This is the thread that I personally opened in 2020

https://www.nairaland.com/5881934/imo-state-gas-been-supplying
Thanks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by KingKO22: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
Is this wailing as a result of remanding Cownu MNK or it's another round of crying from election lost πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£

What a childish outcry πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So if all the oil in SS have been from SE you would have killed the entire other ethnicities πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜€

I pigs go and rest πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜΄

Every region is blessed with their unique natural resources so gas from Sad East is not the first and will never be the last

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by IGBOSON1: 1:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ballmer:

Point of correction: Igbo benefits from Igbo oyel in the south-east and south-south (Rivers state)! And i use the term 'benefit' quite loosely!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by obiekunie01: 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
HONESTLY I AM SO TIRED OF THIS CONTRAPTION.

I really think its time every igbo man from all nook and cranny of this cursed entity come together and fight for a full blown breakout.

WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE OUT OF THESE FAILED CONTRAPTION.

We will be so rich as a nation of our own.

WE NEED TO BREAKOUT BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.

Ndi Igbo, We need to breakout of this contraption.

10 Likes

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Pakute: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
Where's the location of the pipe from imo to lagos?. Igbos and lies. The only single gas project in imo has not been completed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by horsepower102: 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
obiekunie01:
HONESTLY I AM SO TIRED OF THIS CONTRAPTION.

I really think its time every igbo man from all nook and cranny of this cursed entity come together and fight for a full blown breakout.

WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO BE OUT OF THESE FAILED CONTRAPTION.

We will be so rich as a nation of our own.

WE NEED TO BREAKOUT BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE.

Ndi Igbo, We need to breakout of this contraption.

We will get to that point if corrective measures are not taken sooner. The seed of division is already planted through the years of injustice against Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Longpriq: 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
All i see is more renvenue for our country, i hope and pray the government use this to better the country and for the good of the masses. We don too f~ck up even small country like mauritius get levels pass us for outsiders eye
Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by obiekunie01: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2023
horsepower102:

We will get to that point if corrective measures are not taken sooner. The seed of division is already planted through the years of injustice against Igbos.

You see ba, i am one of those that use to believe that it will be ok one day.

The older i become the money i see thru the deceptions and realize that this contraption is intentionally and specially designed to suppress the igboman by all means. The worst is, they design it in such a way that they made sure the igboman will be caged and NEVER ALLOWED TO BE FREE!

Many of us have wealth but cannot enjoy it - no freedom to enjoy your wealth. before whn i get home, i feel so free to flex my wealth as i want, but now, to travel home - starting from airprt, ticked cost to any part of igbo land is 4 times the cost to any other part of the dead country!
you decide to go by road, there is evil trap for you throughout the journey, from police extortion, to army harassment to kidnappers!

you eventually get home, the contract guhari govt gave to some ijaw killers to disguise as igbos to kidnap and kill any igboman they see that has little wealth and make it look like its ESN is till in full force - but we know the truth!

Above all, they make sure they hound the igbo man wherever he is - use every slight opportunity to harass, intimidate and hound him to prison or to death! I HOPE YOU ALL KNOW THAT THAT IGBO CHIEF IN LAGOS IS STILL IN DETENTION TILL TODAY FOR AN OFFENSE THAT IS EVEN NOT SUPPOSED TO BE CASE! Yet many of the other tribes has said worse and committed worst and no one gets them arrested.

LIKE I SAID, WE NEED TO BE OUT OF THIS CONTRAPTION BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE, EVERY IGBO MAN SHOULD STAND UP AND DEMAND FOR OUR EXIST!

We cant seat and allow of children and children children to suffer this injustice.

4 Likes

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by OfficialAPCNig: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2023
Yet, Yorubas don't have respect for their benefactors

7 Likes

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Ballmer: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2023
That shows you are one big fool.
I didn't use the word loosely, I meant it in every sense of foolishness imaginable.

Abia as at 2024 contribute less than 1% of Nigeria oil generated revenue while Imo does not contribute up to 3% now compare that to the allocation your 5 state take home monthly from FAAC.

IGBOSON1:

Point of correction: Igbo benefits from Igbo oyel in the south-east and south-south (Rivers state)! And i use the term 'benefit' quite loosely!
Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Ballmer: 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2023
As expected you foolish igbos think you overwise. This was the same reason you fools orchestrated the first coup in Nigeria to steal cocoa n groundnut revenue which back fired when oil was discovered.

Will you fools be paying back all the Faac you collected since the discovery of oil in Nigeria on today's value the. You can keep your gas.

I thank God no Igbo will be president of Nigeria anytime soon so license to the gas will barely teach any Igbo.

IamAtikulate:

Ok.

Chop your oil, lets chop our gas. We already have enough oil in the SE to power our economy.
Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Scarrr: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:
Yet, Yorubas don't have respect for their benefactors
what do u mean by benefactor? It's actually the other way round cos den fit decide to buy from somewhere else..den dey help una life

1 Like

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Easternmind(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2023
I thought they said south east is barren and produce nothing,what's all this now..

1 Like

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by Ulunne777(f): 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
APLE is getting gas from Owaza field,Ukwa West Abia not Imo pls.
Get your facts right.
Before Imo state discovered their gas,Nigeria Gas company,NGC of NNPC had their pipelines crisscrossing Abia .

Abia get doings.no be only commerce and Industry

1 Like

Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by OfficialAPCNig: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2023
Scarrr:
what do u mean by benefactor? It's actually the other way round cos den fit decide to buy from somewhere else..den dey help una life
Buy from where?
Re: How Imo State Supplies Gas To Lagos State by OfficialAPCNig: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2023
Ballmer:
That shows you are one big fool.
I didn't use the word loosely, I meant it in every sense of foolishness imaginable.

Abia as at 2024 contribute less than 1% of Nigeria oil generated revenue while Imo does not contribute up to 3% now compare that to the allocation your 5 state take home monthly from FAAC.

F00lish Yoruba man.

You are unwise and uninformed. Keep provoking us until we cut off gas supply to your South West.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leaked Story Of Young Man Who Commits SuΒ¦cide In Port Harcourt After Allegedly L / State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food / Many Lagosians aren’t living, they merely exist – Muiz Banire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.