Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,659 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Should I Quit This Work. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit This Work. (13433 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? / Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Vinnie2000(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2023
OP, You BETTER stay o. sad

Not quitting and start asking Friends to assist with 5K every month ending. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by bassdow: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
JasOnKruegEr:
Is this job worth it ? I am the manager of a betting shop and my monthly salary is 40,000.

I have been on the job for four years now and I'm thinking I'm not getting younger anymore . I joined the work with the aim of saving and sending myself to school I've tried for years now but it was unsuccessful.

I got promoted as a manager earlier this year, I felt it was the perfect opportunity for me to send myself to school as I will have the time and opportunity. To be able to go to school while also working.

The problem here is the cost of expenses . Transportation and food I spend a minimum of 1500 everyday and as a manager I have to go everyday Sunday to Saturday without off. If you calculate it I spend a minimum of 46000 which is more than my monthly salary for just food and transport. There are small perks like in terms of winning, people can give you a share inside but that doesn't happen always, sometimes I can go a week without getting 5 naira from anyone

. I haven't added other personal expenses to this, how much will remain that I am going to even save for school? Talk more of other shortages expected in the job.

What's the gain of stressing myself working from 8am to 9pm everyday only to spend more than my monthly salary on food and transport ?

I'm thinking of finding a better job but where is the work ?

You're somewhat at fault here.

When you want to save very well,

1. why go home daily when you could make arrangement to sleep at work, and only go home once in a while >

2. Why buy food outside daily when you could cook, even if na concotion, then eat outside once in a while ?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Stevenbright(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
JasOnKruegEr:
Is this job worth it ? I am the manager of a betting shop and my monthly salary is 40,000.

I have been on the job for four years now and I'm thinking I'm not getting younger anymore . I joined the work with the aim of saving and sending myself to school I've tried for years now but it was unsuccessful.

I got promoted as a manager earlier this year, I felt it was the perfect opportunity for me to send myself to school as I will have the time and opportunity. To be able to go to school while also working.

The problem here is the cost of expenses . Transportation and food I spend a minimum of 1500 everyday and as a manager I have to go everyday Sunday to Saturday without off. If you calculate it I spend a minimum of 46000 which is more than my monthly salary for just food and transport. There are small perks like in terms of winning, people can give you a share inside but that doesn't happen always, sometimes I can go a week without getting 5 naira from anyone

. I haven't added other personal expenses to this, how much will remain that I am going to even save for school? Talk more of other shortages expected in the job.

What's the gain of stressing myself working from 8am to 9pm everyday only to spend more than my monthly salary on food and transport ?

I will just say this here. I don't know if it will be of help to you right now or in your next endeavor. You failed to be prudent all these while. The first thing you would have done is to get accomodation close to your place of work that will help cut off expenses on transportation completely.

Well, if you must continue working there, better consider this now.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by FertilityH: 3:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
1TrippleCee:
That is God waking you up. Glad you finally woken up. There are better paying jobs thesedays with lesser work time. Strive to find jobs you can atleast 60,000 Naira per month.

If you are in Lagos, better. There are job agents you can follow their ads and drop applications with each opening they have. The enemy of growth in finances is the fear of leaving a low paying job

You go get galfrnd too ooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Quebec91(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
PM me bro, i may have a better offer for you
JasOnKruegEr:

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by IbeOkehie: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2023
Everybody here on Nairaland living in Nigeria is making $20K per month working remotely for foreign companies. Nigerians are generally selfish & wicked, but if you ask nicely they will show you the way.

lipsrsealed

Good Luck to Nigerians!
Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Vinnie2000(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2023
UHLmoving:
40,000 is too lean and can't sustain you in this present economy.

Tell your employer to add one more zero, or you quit.

Lol, 😄

See how e sweet for your mouth. 😏😏😏

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Evolutionism: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
JasOnKruegEr:

I'm thinking of finding a better job but where is the work?

Let me tell you the Truth.

For anyone from a poor/average background.

You see all those experiment of sending yourself to school while working ended during obasanjo and jonathan tenure. Even if you are earning 100k now, It's nothing.

Even as at then some people weren't still able to achieve such feat.

Anyone thinking he/she can still achieve such feat nowadays without God's grace and external assistance is only being delusional.

These days i don't criticize people anymore. Do whatever you like to survive. The country is totally gone. Only people who has been fending for themselves from inception will understand better.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by kalemy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
I advise you start staking small small amounts from the money people tip you with, you never can tell, one day luck might be on your side and you hammer.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
I won't advise you to quit your present job when you've not gotten another one. Times are hard and anyone telling you to quit will not help you if you approach them for assistance. So just hang in there and start praying to God to make a way. When God opens another door you can now move. Don't forget to pray. Pray and watch.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Lagusta(m): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2023
UHLmoving:
40,000 is too lean and can't sustain you in this present economy.

Tell your employer to add one more zero, or you quit.

One more zero Kee 🤣🤣

Even doctors in private hospitals are paid 200k monthly....

But 40k is a very tiny amount, I don't even know how the OP is surviving with that meagre salary 🥺

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Skillsnigeria: 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Should I Quit This Work. by winner37(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
Bro..life sometimes does turn out the way we plan... Go and look for another work before you quit

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Rickmann: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2023
spiSeyi:
Don't quit for now because job no dey and numerous folks are looking for a job to hold body thanks God for this small pay of yours.
My candid advice is to start looking for a side gig or side business and give yourself a target. Then you start living on whatever you get from your side gig as soon as you start generating income and you will start saving your salaries (or freeze your salary account for six months). You can quit as soon as you get at least 6 months of your monthly salary saved and your 1-year house rent paid.
This is how to secure a living before quitting a job wink

Do not quit ur job just yet, the country is tough right now. Talk to you ur boss and see if he can give you a pay rise. Whether or not he agrees , you can keep searching and also try to get some training like excel and co.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by arthurwillia(m): 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
JasOnKruegEr:

Omo it’s better you don’t work than this work o s o ending more than your salary, how you come dey chop and pay rent
Re: Should I Quit This Work. by StevConcepts(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
Leverage digital skills.

Learn how to sell PLR products..

See my signature for more details

JasOnKruegEr:

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by coputa(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2023
JasOnKruegEr:

You said it all"where is the work".The fact that you can feed yourself with that salary without begging is an achievement.

I will advise, you learn an online skills
Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Eazie351(m): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2023
First of all, they have used english to enslave you. Lol 😂 Op said he got promoted to the position of manager 😂.

Manager on 40k.

Since we’re talking about betting here, What are the odds that you’ll find a better job to sponsor you through school seeing that this current job hasn’t added much value that will be needed in the labour market?

Plus, you need to quit that job honestly. It tops the chart for the jobs that can easily stagnate one’s life. GNLD is number 1 though 🤭

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by coputa(m): 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2023
bassdow:

You're somewhat at fault here.

When you want to save very well,

1. why go home daily when you could make arrangement to sleep at work, and only go home once in a while >

2. Why buy food outside daily when you could cook, even if na concotion, then eat outside once in a while ?
Good advise,since he is still single,he can sleep in the betting shop and go home only on weekends and also cook his own food.
Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Evolutionism: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
1TrippleCee:
That is God waking you up. Glad you finally woken up. There are better paying jobs thesedays with lesser work time. Strive to find jobs you can atleast 60,000 Naira per month.

If you are in Lagos, better. There are job agents you can follow their ads and drop applications with each opening they have. The enemy of growth in finances is the fear of leaving a low paying job

Nonsense, How many companies in Nigeria pays O'level candidates N60,000 lol.

Seems like you are very far from Reality.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by nedekid: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
Naija has failed people. Just imagine, 40k, less than $40 or 30 pounds monthly.
A young lady with 2 kids told me her hubby earns 30k monthly.
What is going on?
The OP and younger folks, if you miraculously find a way, get out of this country quick or live a wasted life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Josywhyte: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2023
A friend of owns a bet9ja shop in my area. He feeds his workers twice day(afternoon and night) before closure. Though he doesn't pay them much but they are comfortable with the pay and little incentives they make.
Since you're spending above your salary,I advice u get another job. It's seriously not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by harryboyng(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
Bro..asides your salary..do you mean you don’t get to see extra money from your boss for transportation to and fro the shops you are managing? or make money from working with the cashiers?

I have 3 Betshop’s myself. And if I decide to get a manager. I can tell you I will make calculations for going to every shop everyday once in a day. He will also have a daily stipend cos the cashiers make money everyday.

You sef..you say you don’t get a day off..how about the cashiers? When they get their days off..who works in their place? You should be the one so as to see daily stipends. Abi you dey form big man cos you be manager?

I know lots of managers that are doing pretty fine. You be manager and you dey complain. It’s either your boss is not treating you well or you no gree work Dey sit on your position.

Let’s hear you out here…waiting…

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by 1TrippleCee: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
Evolutionism:

Nonsense, How many companies in Nigeria pays O'level candidates N60,000 lol.

Seems like you are very far from Reality.

Wow. You are not up to date. Many are now paying even OLevel such amounts. It is about connecting with the right source of information
Re: Should I Quit This Work. by harryboyng(m): 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
Josywhyte:
A friend of owns a bet9ja shop in my area. He feeds his workers twice day(afternoon and night) before closure. Though he doesn't pay them much but they are comfortable with the pay and little incentives they make.
Since you're spending above your salary,I advice u get another job. It's seriously not worth it.

Gbam. I don’t even feed mine cos money they see everyday is more than they take home pay. So. He complaining saying he doesn’t get off days..when the cashiers go off..does he sit and work as a cashier to see little stipends..Abi him self dey play virtual games..or he is the top as a manager..he should say why he isn’t making money from been a manager cos cashier sef dey make money on a daily

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Josywhyte: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
harryboyng:

Gbam. I don’t even feed mine cos money they see everyday is more than they take home pay. So. He complaining saying he doesn’t get off days..when the cashiers go off..does he sit and work as a cashier to see little stipends..Abi him self dey play virtual games..or he is the top as a manager..he should say why he isn’t making money from been a manager cos cashier sef dey make money on a daily

I get ur point wella bro. Normally cashier dey see money pass manager. Just like hotel work,waiter and waitress dey see gbala pass manager cos na dem customers dey see all the time...u get my point now shey?
Like u pointed out,may be he plays virtual games. That could be another means of sucking his cash

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Exceed15: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2023
You can only leave on one condition: Get another first . I pray it happens fast. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by nedekid: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Ur shop no du bring money
I have a friend that manages two betnaija shop here in Abj and he dy roof his house like this….married early this year.
Shoo, na so money de the business?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by MMempire(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
JasOnKruegEr:

If you fit dey supply weekly sure 5 odds, i go dey pay you to add up your salary.
Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Anuoluwa12345(f): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
Pls can you mention few job angencies I can follow, pls, thanks.
1TrippleCee:

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by 1TrippleCee: 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2023
nedekid:
Naija has failed people. Just imagine, 40k, less than $40 or 30 pounds monthly.
A young lady with 2 kids told me her hubby earns 30k monthly.
What is going on?
The OP and younger folks, if you miraculously find a way, get out of this country quick or live a wasted life.

Honestly

I consider anything less than 1.2 M per month too little

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit This Work. by Godmind2022(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2023
JasOnKruegEr:

Run to a village of your choice and start life as a farmer, if you can. Find out the perennial crops to plant on a rented land, pay your rent after harvest. Start small until you get enough money to buy your own land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue State University, Makurdi Massive Job Recruitment (140 Positions) / United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Recruitment / FG Uncovers 925 Hard-to-fill Vacancies In Labour Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.