Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej (6117 Views)

PDP Expels Napoleon Adamu For Accepting Tribunal Ruling In Favour Of Mama Taraba / Breaking News: Tribunal Rules Out Petition Against Rivers Governor, Wike / We Were Forced To Rig In Favour Of APC - INEC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Xfactoria: 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
DDN:

Those states purportedly rigged are the states that Buhari can never win election in. His party does not have structures in most of the states and he never campaigned in the South East and was expecting to reap from where he did not sow. It is not possible now.

He can sponsor his son, El Rufai in 2015 so that he can spend part of the money he stole from FCT and BPE just as Ribadu has spent his EFCC loots.

Thank you. That is the same reason why Buhari and CPC cannot prove successfully that the elections were rigged. It is one thing to smell foul play, it is yet another to be able to establish beyond reasonable doubt that there was foul play.

Akiika:

Has any Nigerian presidential election in Nigeria ever been upturned? when the judiciary is not independent. That election was rigged.

Proving electoral malpractice in a presidential election is not like it is in a governorship election that takes place in 20 - 50 local government councils. We are talking of 774 local government councils or 36 states and FCT where you have to prove in a good number of them that there were malpractices that actually marred the results from those places. This means you have got to have people in at least 774 local governments and thousands of wards accross the country who will be able to provide incontrovertible evidences that there were malpractices. Your best bet is for these people to be your party agents which record would show were actually present and therefore lend credibility to their witnesses at the tribunal. You can't just bring anybody with videos of malpractices except it can be proved that that person was there and that the videos capture the actual locations in question.

Buhari and CPC did themselves a lot of harm by not having agents in all the nooks and cranies of the South-South and South-East. If they couldn't get volunteers who will not charge them for that service, then how popular are they in those places?

They should just forget about an appeal and move on with their lives. God has ordained Jonathan to be there till 2015 and they can't do anything about that.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Beaf: 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
Koolking:

This should not be news. Whoever was expecting the whole imbroglio to turn the other way round was actually hallucinating. I am not surprise at the result but i am surprise at the surpassed violation of justices in Nigeria. Everybody looks the other way when ask for the truth. After all the judiciary has gambled its independence and integrity.

We CAN NOT continue this way. There is time for everything

[size=14pt]A day of reckoning will soon come, [/size]

Yes! Revolution! Aluta!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by bisiaet: 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2011
I'm not surprise for the ruling in favour of GEJ to my best knowledge he won the election and if even the election was to be contested again he would win and win again. I had said it long ago that that all evidence CPC brought forward any judge in his or her right sense will know they are just a baseless accusation.

Because I cant imagine CPC contesting results in those they are challenging the result to me is like PDP contesting election result in Lagos State is just purely waste of time and energy. I studied all the evidence they brought forward against GEJ  I just laughed it off because there was no single place or person that came out and said here i'm Mr GEJ had a deal with me to rig election in his favour, voter machine was this and that, double finger vote and so  on are just stories and by the way the funniest of all is Bakare was not contesting result fromhis own state but feel free, happy and proud to be contesting other people state results he could not even delivered his own state so what is the story about

Buhari is good, he is disciplenarian, he is no nonsense, I knew him personally he served alongside my dad in the Military But I will be the last man to vote for him, though we need good leader yes good one indeed, tough one but not a religion bigot or limbs multilation joy leader in the name of sanity No, No and No. Goodbye Buhari, Goodbye CPC come back after Igbo take their own share of the presidency may be after 2030 or more no one can tell. I'm not PDP and would not be PDP but I voted for GEJ and i'm not ashame to say it because I prefer him to a pretender, jihadist, limbs choppers, Buhari. God bless.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by musawisdom(m): 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
May ALLAH help us n d admn of this country. Surely HE is the most Merciful
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Koolking(m): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
rasputinn:

The masses have triumphed;BUHARI HAS LOST;YET AGAIN

cheesy cheesy cheesy

GEJ has not lived up to expectations. His hands are tight cos he himself knows he was imposed on the people. No victor no vanquish! There is no respite yet for the masses. gnashing of teeth to forget the years ahead. we could have done something but sentiments beclouded our reasoning
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by EvilBrain1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
DDN:

Those states purportedly rigged are the states that Buhari can never win election in. His party does not have structures in most of the states and he never campaigned in the South East and was expecting to reap from where he did not sow. It is not possible now.

Not true. PDP won by rigging in Buhari's base in the north. Don't forget that most of those states had PDP governors who were willing to do anything to deliver their states and set a winning tone for the gubernatorial elections the following week.

Imagine if Bayelsa state had a CPC governor and Buhari got 700,000 mass thumprinted votes there to finish right behind Jonathan. That's what happened in most of the northern states. Without those votes, PDP would have struggled to win a majority and would almost certainly not have gotten the spread.

Read my previous post.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by luluosas(m): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2011
They ruled in favour of counsel to the president, upholding that CPC lacked proper evidence to validate their claims that the elections were rigged. The Independent National Electoral Commission, key party to the suit, had brought only three withnesses from the 36 states and the tribunal ruled that the case was abandoned. It is unclear at this moment if CPC would appeal the tribunal's judgment but officials of the party say INEC denied access to the ballot papers for biometric examination.

Which evidence are they looking for? It is on record that, INEC denied CPC access to the electoral materials used by INEC in the last elections. We already knew the result before they officially announced it today.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by DaDoctor: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
luluosas:

Which evidence are they looking for? It is on record that, INEC denied CPC access to the electoral materials used by INEC in the last elections. We already knew the result before they officially announced it today.

so shut ur trap then.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by keenkaline: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2011
It is time to give out to the interested public.If you are in the oil and gas industry or hoping to join one soonest, this is an opportunity for you to learn the latest design soft wares used in the industry as of today. As a practicing oil and gas design engineer,I wish to teach anyone who is interested in learning the latest softwares like:
Bentley Autopipe XM
SACS
Solidworks Cosmosm
Abaqus
AUTOCAD(if your intention is not to be a draftsman but for engineering purposes)
STAAD.Pro
It’s better to learn from someone who has used these softwares on a live/existing projects.
If you are also hoping to be a registered member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)or Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN),I can help you with the necessary information on how to go about it and assist you in putting up your project work for NSE and COREN certification.
Interested persons can reach me on: 08107213810 or send me an e- mail on: kalinestruct@yahoo.com
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Beaf: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

so shut your trap then.

Chei! shocked
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by velo10: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
Wasn't expecting anything different.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by DaDoctor: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2011
velo10:

Wasn't expecting anything different.

so shot d f up! and run out of the thread.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by jmaine: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2011
And the mourning for the defunct CPC continues  . .
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by nomoreface: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

so shut your trap then.

Da Doctor:

so shot d f up! and run out of the thread.

Chairman,

Easy!!!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by DaDoctor: 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2011
nomoreface:

Chairman,

Easy!!!

no i wont oh. so some people were praying for an upturn so that the country would be thrown into LIBYA/TUNISIA/EGYPT ETC?? Na wa o/, make i finish them
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by rolchi(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
Even in the Supreme Court, GEJ will win massively! Why? CPC is contesting the results where GEJ had the most support, How possible can they prove a thing here!

Carry go GEJ!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by tlops(m): 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2011
before nko?
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by gregg2: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2011
This Buhari guy is funny.

The money he is using to prosecute an obviously lost case against GEJ
could have been used to pay rent of his parties national headquarters.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2011
rolchi:

Even in the Supreme Court, GEJ will win massively! Why? CPC is contesting the results where GEJ had the most support, How possible can they prove a thing here!

Carry go GEJ!
Yes we all know but jonathan is too corrupt to admit pdp rigged for him.atleast he should have admitted the corrupt system that brought him into power like yardua did.Anyways how much did jonathan pay those judges ?
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Kolababa: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2011
If it is truely GEJ won the election as being claimed by some sufferhead Nigerians here, why manipulating the judiciary through their agent Katsina Allu to remove Justice Salami. As for the judgement, it is not a surprise. Even Yar Adua election that was massively rigged in which dead bodies inside grave knew that the election was flawed and rigged, what happened to it? Our  Judges said that Yar Adua won the election.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by PointB: 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
gregg2:

This Buhari guy is funny.

The money he is using to prosecute an obviously lost case against GEJ
could have been used to pay rent of his parties national headquarters.

Said like a true economist. Let him keep wasting his money on SANs.
I hope he goes to Supreme Court.

By the time he is done, he might even get a quit notice on his residence. Sore loser, Buhari!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Okijajuju1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
Buhari, twice beaten, twice bitc'h slapped, grin

Atiku is next!!

As long as Nigerian keep not voting for these old crooks, we would start to see real progress in this country.

I cant wait for when it would be possible for an independent candidate to run for elections, these political parties go hear am.

Thank you Atahiru JEGA!! Nigerian are grateful.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by kurus: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2011
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by hubreality(m): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2011
Even if cpc appeal to world supreme court of justice, the definitely will lose out against GEJ. Where did we even see on TV with gross under aged, children voting on the presidential polls self? Which electoral fraud, corruption, and misconduct pass that one? Nigeria need more of selfless leaders and not one sided tough leaders.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by PointB: 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2011
kurus:

I am at a loss at all these people who come and post rubbish on NL.

Firstly, Buhari will NEVER win this election, even if you redo it a million times, as long as he remains a jihadist bigot and as long as sharia crap is still being proposed by the northern thieves called their leaders.

Check out the election results: Buhari lost in ALL NORTH CENTRAL STATES(Kogi, Adamawa, Plateau, Taraba, Nassarawa, Benue, Kaduna).

In case you havent noticed, The majority of the people of these states ARE christians and they are tired of these Islamist , by force and/or by fire you must become sharia-compliant fools, who are in the CPC.

The North's only chance of getting ANY leadership position in Nigeria is by:

1) Abolishing Sharia in all of the north
2) Swear to the supremacy of the Nigerian constitution
3) Realise that the North Central states will NEVER fall to the islamist agenda(the carnage in Jos only tears the north apart the more; and Benue, Taraba, nassarawa et al know what is at stake should Jos fall; which WILL never happen).

There is NO more ONE NORTH. Its now every man for himself/herself.

Buhari thinks he can play the tribe and religion card. I say Good luck to him.

and for all the GEJ haters, I say this to you: GEJ has been president only for 5 months(the transitional presidency doesn't count). Tell me what OBJ achieved in 8 years that you expect him to achieve in 5 months.

Tell me ONE THING ONLY that Yar Adua(and his islamist agenda) achieved in 30 months in power before he was struck dead on the throne?

Stop hating on GEJ. Because the north lost the presidency(let me tell you a secret, it can't go back to the north until 2023 at the earliest and then only to a christian northern), they now want to wage a media campaign of calumny against GEJ.

We, the youths of these country see through all these despicable plans. Let GEJ finish his term and then come and judge him. You appraise your staff/boss/subordinate at the end of the appraisal year; you don't do that at the beginning of the appraisal period; and that period for GEJ is 4 years, not 5 months.

Abeg tell them! Let those dreamers wake up and smell the coffee. We are in the era of Goodluck Ebele(mi) Jonathan! At least for the nest 3 years plus. No shaking! cheesy smiley
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by eddydey(m): 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2011
It beat imagination how some people like to expect the unexpected.my question is,is it possible to rip where you did not sow?except u are a thief.it is a common knowlledge that buhari and his party did not work hard enough to merit victory at the poll compare to jonathan and his pdp who's campaign expenses has enterd the guiness book of records as the most expensive political campaign in history of the world.so how is it possible for buhari to win in such circumstance.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by hubreality(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2011
Write or mark it on your wall today that "GEJ will make the best and selfless president Nigeria has ever produced." Calm down, time will tell,  Who amongst us ever believed that some years past, you could easily make a 10mins call to America for just N100 but now even the begars in the streets enjoy it happily, and having more than one phones.  Electricity will soon follow. Lets encourage, support him(GEJ) and the country to truly embrace Hi-Technology in tackling security issues and others. These ailing distractions will surely pass away!
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by kasiem(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2011
Pls, buhari u shouldn't die of heartattack oo, cos i want to contest with u in about twenty years time. Old man wey nor sabi him mates
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by PointB: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
kasiem:

Pls, buhari u shouldn't die of heartattack oo, cos i want to contest with u in about twenty years time. Old man wey nor sabi him mates

Lol, I dont think he is ready to die now. He has not contested yet again at the supreme court. Your chance will come. lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by kawkab: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2011
Good Judgement, even Buhari knew he did not win the election.
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by kasiem(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2011
PointB:

Lol, I dont think he is ready to die now. He has not contested yet again at the supreme court. Your chance will come. lol grin grin grin grin
but, d papa lolo don dey faint anyhow
Re: Election Tribunal Rules In Favour Of Gej by Beaf: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
kasiem:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Assessment On The State Of The STATE / CBN, AGF Trade Blame Over Oil Bloc Account / Osinbajo Heads To Berlin, To Address German Business Community On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.