Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour (15988 Views)

I Was Diagnosed With ‘Aggressive’ Breast Cancer– Diezani Denies Being On The Run / My Collapse ADC Was Exhausted -gov. Obaseki / Adamu Fagengawo Slump, Dies In Dubai (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Bobloco: 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
Senate President Godswill Akpabio on Friday clarified that he was exhausted and diagnosed with malaria following reports that he collapsed at his 61st birthday colloquium held Thursday in Abuja.

Akpabio was reported to have slumped after the event while seeing President Bola Tinubu off at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja and was rushed to the hospital.

Addressing reporters on Friday at the Senate, Akpabio, who did not confirm whether he slumped or not, said he had malaria, worsened by stress.

He said, “What eventually happened after the event was a show of humanity. I went home and I called my doctors and I was assured that I have malaria, mingled with stress, which could also be described in another way as exhaustion.

“In fact, anybody could be exhausted. Please, drink water daily so that you don’t get exhausted.”

“This is to say that the work goes on. I want to assure Nigerians that the National Assembly is intact and we are still going on with our duty, our appropriation.

“We will resume on 20th December. But before then, the various committees must have finished their work to enable us meet the target to pass the budget before the end of the year for the president to append his signature.”

https://dailytrust.com/i-was-exhausted-diagnosed-with-malaria-akpabio-speaks-on-slump-rumour/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by immortalcrown(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Okay. Get well soon.

But how much of public fund will you take for the treatment? Sorry, I mean, how many prayers have been sent to your mail box?

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Naijanascam: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2023
I will be sending prayers to your email box Sir for quick recovery.......
The best SP since independence

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Alhajipaulo(m): 7:55pm On Dec 15, 2023
Lol

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by OdafeESNkingsly: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2023
Uncommon Senate President

Get well soon. And get rest

4 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by derecho(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2023
Kikikiki... So mosquitoes dey bite thieves like Akpabio too?
The troublers of Nigeria like Akpabio will NEVER know peace.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Godfullsam(m): 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
immortalcrown:
Okay. Get well soon.

But how much of the public fund will you take for the treatment? Sorry, I mean, how many prayers have been sent to your mail box?

grin
Comedians full this country

24 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Godfullsam(m): 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
OdafeESNkingsly:
Uncommon Senate President

Get well soon. And get rest

How is he uncommon?

Is he the first thief to preside over the red chamber?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by OdafeESNkingsly: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
Godfullsam:

How is he uncommon?

Is he the first thief to preside over the red chamber?

Oga that is his nickname since his days in Akwa ibom

Mr uncommon transformation

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Godfullsam(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2023
derecho:
Kikikiki... So mosquitoes dey bite thieves like Akpabio too?
The troublers of Nigeria like Akpabio will NEVER know peace.

Mosquitoes are not respecters of anybody.
Even bulaba for Aso Rock they collect some bites grin.

For your information, mosquitoes are not the only cause of malaria in Nigeria.

Recent findings confirmed that, too much embezzlement of public fund can develop malaria parasites in the blood stream.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Dikastan: 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2023
What if you died that time you collapsed? All the billions you have stolen,women you have sexed including people's wives, human flesh eaten for ritual purpose and all other unprintable atrocities will come staring you on the face . Repent now

12 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by LordIsaac(m): 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
Malaria is for poor men. He should say the truth…

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by buharibanjo(m): 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2023
The mosquitoes Wei attack u, na from that Tinubu empty box

6 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Urheadmaster(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2023
tongue

Don't be surprised when you hear that akpabio have travelled to London hospital for malaria and typhoid treatment tongue

LordIsaac:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by baralatie(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2023
Eh?
Malaria kwa?
So mosquito dey bit for aso rock with all the every every
😲😲😲

The mosquito na wa oh

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by baralatie(m): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2023
LordIsaac:
Bro
🤔🤔
You don forget say for bubu time
Them dey fight rat inside presidential wing?🤧🤧

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
Please, drink water daily so that you don’t get exhausted.”

Dr akpabio always looking for opportunity to give out medical advise, the last time was at the NASS when one of the nominee collapse , he was advising them to strangle his neck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by ednut1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
This shalaye don dey too much lol. If it was false they would have bashed Sahara or threatened lawsuit.
Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by phemmie06(m): 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
Hmmmm. Then it happened

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by babaRUNtinz(m): 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
Lolzz... Oniro

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by kingphilip(m): 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
Good he didn't say he was working round the clock to make the country better that was why he was exhausted.

Bunch of

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by greggng: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
First time I am.hearing malaria made someone collapse...Malaria don suffer ...

5 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by youngrichnigga: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
Which one make we believe, spokesperson said you didn't slump but now you're confirming that it's true undecided undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Drsnives(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2023
They denied it initially

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Melagros(m): 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
Yes we hear you sir Mr lier

1 Like

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by vincentbravo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2023
Scammers!!! MALARIA

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Was Exhausted, Diagnosed With Malaria,’ Akpabio Speaks On Slump Rumour by Chesiber: 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Are you ready to take your career, education, or immigration dreams to new heights? Look no further! Our exceptional suite of services includes Professional CV Revamping, Cover Letter Writing, Statement of Purpose (Academic and Visa SOP), and Motivational Letter Writing. Whether you're aiming for your dream job, a top-notch educational institution, or a successful visa application, our expert team is here to empower your journey. We specialize in crafting compelling, personalized documents that make you stand out. Don't miss out on opportunities - choose KAS today and embark on a path to success! Contact us and let's write your success story together!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Nasir El-Rufai Visits Destitutes' Home In Kaduna / Two Oyo State Monarchs Claim To Help Politicians Win Elections With Juju / 2023: Labour Party Holds Townhall Meeting In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.