Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. (30707 Views)

Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Could Be Called Off Over Visa Issues / Mourinho: Manchester United Lack "Technical Quality' / Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by nairalandankrah: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2023
Former Napoli midfielder Rosario Rivellino has explained why Victor Osimhen cannot be considered a champion despite his recent exploits.

The 24-year-old is considered to be one of the best players in world football at the moment as he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or and the Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year, which are the two biggest individual awards presently.

Back home in Africa, he is regarded as the best player on the continent at the moment having been crowned as the CAF Men's Player of the Year on Monday.

Despite the feats being recorded by the Nigerian forward, Rivellino is not convinced that the 24-year-old should be referred to as a champion

"He will also be able to score many goals, win not one but three Ballon d'Ors, but for me, he will never be a champion,"he explained to Tele A via Area Napoli.

"I don't think he has the technical means to deserve such an important definition.

"For me, very few footballers in the world can be considered champions and Victor Osimhen does not fall into that category"

While Rivellino doesn't rate Osimhen highly, the same cannot be said of his former employer, Napoli, who consider him a very valuable player having played a pivotal role in ending their wait for the Scudetto last season.

The Serie A defending champions have agreed on a deal in principle with the Nigerian forward which will extend the end of his contract from 2025 to 2026 and will make him one of the best-paid players in the club's history.

SOURCE: https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49798

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Massiveglory: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi ronaldo
Who da hell is rivellino ?

393 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by nairalandankrah: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Football lovers, what do you think?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by OdafeESNkingsly: 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2023
He is only 24 , he has a future ahead

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Princezibk: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
Who be Wall gecko called Rivellino or whatever 🤷🏽‍♀️ …

I wish you smack this into your medulla that’s Big VIC is bigger than you in all ramifications of life 💯 so go chop sh**

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by jkpbestseries: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2023
who is that oneself

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by dominique(f): 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ok your opinion. So what did you win for Napoli during your active playing days?

173 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Amotolongbo(f): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi rivaldo
😀
He is even an Italian footballer.

I thought it was the famous Rivellino who won the 1970 World Cup with dem Pele

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Amotolongbo(f): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
dominique:
Ok your opinion. So what did you win for Napoli during your active playing days?
He won World Cup with his mouth.

Osimhen will still reply him like he did to Victor Ikpeba calling him “Adiye funfun”, the proverbial white fowl that doesn’t know how to comport itself in the midst of the smaller fowls

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by okosodo: 10:04pm On Dec 15, 2023
bad belle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Promise47(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2023
Sorry to say this but Victor should win champions league or World cup at list to be able to be called a champion that's the only way the Rivillon is kind of right let him win UCL or WC ehn then we can call him champion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by TakeNigeriaBack: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2023
Revilino or Ravioli spaghetti. Nobody knows you. Rest.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Blazebond(m): 5:12am On Dec 16, 2023
Rivellino na legend nau and na Brazilian he be,na only skillful strikers them dey like o,strikers that can beat at least two defenders one on one nau,na this guys Dem hold midfield for Brazil during them pele era nau shebi.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by WantsandMore: 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi rivaldo
Be like na ds guy post that osimhen meme, anyways dey shouldn't hype osimhen to death. Make he no loss focus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2023
RIVELLINO IS TRYING TO TAP INTO VICTOR OSIMHEN'S GLORY SO AS TO BECOME FAMOUS TOO THROUGH CONTROVERSIAL COMMENT THAT WILL SPARK ARGUMENT. NOBI TODAY LAZY PEOPLE DEY USE DIS KIND TECHNIC TO GET SMALL FAME. grin

13 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Beuberry(f): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Morobi Oloriburuku ni Rivelino yi?
Presently, which Italian striker reach Osimhen level?

6 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Appreciate the Champions. Congratulations to Osimhen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Johnycastro18: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Who is Rosario rivellino?

I am petty sure most of us here dont even know him or any of his achivement...

He should go and take a back seat joor.

3 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by wunmi590(m): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2023

Oga, in as much as that's your opinion, it doesn't matter, currently the lad is a champion on his own, and he will forever be a champion..

This is how you get to know people who didn't achieve much in their career and they start their rubbish talk...

2 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Bar1941(m): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
Though Oshimen is a great player, but I equally thinks he still need a lot of improvements to be in the class of African great strikers like Eto, Drogba and Sallah.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by theophorus(m): 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
If you do am only once, it could be called a fluke but do it a second time and anyone who query your quality is definitely an itiboribo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Emma09(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
He is already a Champion because he won the Italian league for the first time after almost 20yrs. So Rivalinho SDFU!

10 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by dododawa1: 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
distrobuti:
I dont know why the president is still holding on to Nnamdi kanu after several Court order to free him,
go Abuja and ask.

2 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Beuberry(f): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
One of the worst things that can be painful to a human is to be disliked by those that should be supporting you the most. It's obvious Napoli board doesn't like Osimhen. Irrespective of his crimes, he shouldn't be disrespected this way. Napoli is a crazy club and they ll still cry we missed Osimhen when he start shining in another team.
I just checked the profile of the old fossil called Rivelino, he's an averaging player during his time so why is he crying with old age?
See more about the mofo here:
https://www.besoccer.com/player/rosario-rivellino-449975
Amotolongbo:
😀
He is even an Italian footballer.

I thought it was the famous Rivellino who won the 1970 World Cup with dem Pele
Thunder fire him one more time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by sallazlee(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
Oyinbo too dey jealous.

Who Sabi rivellino

3 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by kerry57: 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
Who be u to talk of omo naija like that?

I haven't even heard of u before.

You lack the voice and visibility to speak of a star that was some months injured and still came back to pick the highest goal scorer in the league last season.

I bet u must be a recist

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by nospmoht(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
The hate is beginning to show. Racism is a disease and a course studied in European schools

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by mozona(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
nairalandankrah:
Football lovers, what do you think?

football age
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by thesicilian: 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2023
Another reason he needs to leave Napoli ASAP.
His chances are very slim with all the animosity from his own club

8 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by jaxxy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 16, 2023
If he doesn't see room for improvement yes. There are aspects he lacks though he is very good in his position.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi Ranked No.1 On FIFA 22 RATINGS / Salah Donates $3m To Rebuild Egyptian Hospital Blown By Terrorists [Photos] / Arsenal Fans Protest Against Kroenke, Club Owner Outside The Emirates Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.