Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. (30705 Views)

Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Could Be Called Off Over Visa Issues / Mourinho: Manchester United Lack "Technical Quality' / Anthony Joshua Names Two Boxers Who Can Strip Him Off World Heavyweight Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by pquaver(m): 2:58pm On Dec 16, 2023
wunmi590:

Oga, in as much as that's your opinion, it doesn't matter, currently the lad is a champion on his own, and he will forever be a champion..

This is how you get to know people who didn't achieve much in their career and they start their rubbish talk...

Sometimes this kind of talk is good to keep the players feet on the ground.. He knows exactly what he is doing.. This generation seems don't understand accepting challenges.. It isleft for oshimen to develop his technical skills.. That is how it should be

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by vislabraye(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
[/quote

"He will also be able to score many goals, win not one but three Ballon d'Ors, but for me, he will never be a champion,"he explained to Tele A via Area Napoli.

"I don't think he has the technical means to deserve such an important definition.

"For me, very few footballers in the world can be considered champions and Victor Osimhen does not fall into that category"

The Serie A defending champions have agreed on a deal in principle with the Nigerian forward which will extend the end of his contract from 2025 to 2026 and will make him one of the best-paid players in the club's history.

SOURCE: https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49798
[/quote]

Isn't this a contradiction? How can he win several ballon D'or and not be a world champion ? It's senseless
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Angelfrost(m): 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2023
Promise47:
Sorry to say this but Victor should win champions league or World cup at list to be able to be called a champion that's the only way the Rivillon is kind of right let him win UCL or WC ehn then we can call him champion

Check your dictionary for the meaning of "Champion" and don't allow bad belle wound you and that idiot up there.

Osimhen is an Italian League Champion. Period!

Make una rest.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by vislabraye(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
TruthHurts100:
We hate the truth.

Victor can grow if he wants but he's lacking technically. He still plays like he's playing monkey Post.

If you say he can grow, it's accepted. But for you to say he's lacking technically, it's wrong. Tell me how many technically sound strikers are doing the things he's doing?
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by ShoeGetSize: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2023
I was wondering too because I know the Brazilian Rivellino who was Pele's teammate in that great Brazilian WC wining team of the 1970 WC in Mexico. So I wondered if it was same Rivellino and I decided to do some research on him.

It turned out that this is a completely different Rivellino who is an Italian. He had an obscure career in Italian football back 1960s.

He never won anything meaningful in his playing career, either at the club level or national team level. Even when Italy was the best team in Europe in the late 1960s, he wasn't considered good enough to earn any caps for the Azzuris as the Italian National team is called.

Were it not that he's an old man of 84 years old, me sef go join in yabbing am. Instead I just leave him in God's hands.

Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi rivaldo
Who da hell is rivellino ?

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by vislabraye(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2023
Promise47:
Sorry to say this but Victor should win champions league or World cup at list to be able to be called a champion that's the only way the Rivillon is kind of right let him win UCL or WC ehn then we can call him champion

Gabriel Bautistuta never won world cup or CL. SAME AS Michael Ballack to mention but a few. Does it mean that these players are not champions?
So winning the SeriaA championship 🏆 doesn't make him a champion ? Pls define a champion.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by generalud: 3:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
Enemies of progress everywhere
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by KingLion007(m): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi rivaldo
We don't give a Bleep abt rivellino or wtever his name is, coz in his prime he didn't make any impact. The world knows VICTOR OSIMHEN.

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by KingLion007(m): 3:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
Amotolongbo:
😀
He is even an Italian footballer.

I thought it was the famous Rivellino who won the 1970 World Cup with dem Pele
He is fake Brazilian.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Beuberry(f): 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2023
Demurray:

They plenty o, they even do more than Hime, the likeds of baggio, Del peirp, F.Tottti to mention but a few

Oshimen is also good but hasn't achieved a lot. Pls let the guy focus on his career and stop over hyping
I m.talkimh about present Italian footballers. Do we v any striker as potent as Osimhen?
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Kingcid: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
Blazebond:
Rivellino na legend nau and na Brazilian he be,na only skillful strikers them dey like o,strikers that can beat at least two defenders one on one nau,na this guys Dem hold midfield for Brazil during them pele era nau shebi.
Na Italian be this Werey 😂😂😂
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by israelmao(m): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
He should go and collect it from his hand.Some people are naturally green with envy.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Facidio: 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2023
Does anyone has his Twitter or Facebook or Instagram handle make we go bash shegge from him body
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by ebenholer2(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
Tell Rivellino he lacks right jurisdiction not to know that Oshimen is one of the world best and therefore an undisputed champion. Bitterness against the black will not allow white people face the truth.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by TENHEU22(m): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2023
So oyinbo dey do bad belle
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by robosky02(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2023
Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi ronaldo

Person way play football tire we no sabi am

Osimhen way just start don turn mega

You still dey yern akpata

Park well abeg

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Amotolongbo(f): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
deyplay:
Pele and Rivelino won World Cup together? Same team?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970_FIFA_World_Cup_squads?wprov=sfti1
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Nigerians and the truth are two opposite sides, a clown here was even saying osimen is better than kanu,, lol,,, he is a good player no doubt, but he is an overhype average Nigeria player,,, same de hyped obafemi, naija and England for hyping are same feather, he should improve his games,, yaya toure won five African best player award without been a striker
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by chaiks: 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
I agree with him. Osinmeh needs to work on the technical part of his game to achieve completeness. I think kvicha is more technical. This is where having a good coach comes into play. Coaches like pep work on the technical aspects of their players.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Yankee101: 4:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Sounds like racism
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by VaginaAcademic: 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Because Osimhen no dey dribble like messi Ronaldinho and kvara i smell jealousy make him comot from that small club
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Jomonix: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi ronaldo

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by wolebest: 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
nairalandankrah:
Former Napoli midfielder Rosario Rivellino has explained why Victor Osimhen cannot be considered a champion despite his recent exploits.

The 24-year-old is considered to be one of the best players in world football at the moment as he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or and the Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year, which are the two biggest individual awards presently.

Back home in Africa, he is regarded as the best player on the continent at the moment having been crowned as the CAF Men's Player of the Year on Monday.

Despite the feats being recorded by the Nigerian forward, Rivellino is not convinced that the 24-year-old should be referred to as a champion

"He will also be able to score many goals, win not one but three Ballon d'Ors, but for me, he will never be a champion,"he explained to Tele A via Area Napoli.

"I don't think he has the technical means to deserve such an important definition.

"For me, very few footballers in the world can be considered champions and Victor Osimhen does not fall into that category"

While Rivellino doesn't rate Osimhen highly, the same cannot be said of his former employer, Napoli, who consider him a very valuable player having played a pivotal role in ending their wait for the Scudetto last season.

The Serie A defending champions have agreed on a deal in principle with the Nigerian forward which will extend the end of his contract from 2025 to 2026 and will make him one of the best-paid players in the club's history.

Osimeh is just 24 and banging goals.

Abeg continue to bang goals make you give them headaches for oyiboland.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by kunle75(m): 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
nairalandankrah:
Former Napoli midfielder Rosario Rivellino has explained why Victor Osimhen cannot be considered a champion despite his recent exploits.

The 24-year-old is considered to be one of the best players in world football at the moment as he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or and the Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year, which are the two biggest individual awards presently.

Back home in Africa, he is regarded as the best player on the continent at the moment having been crowned as the CAF Men's Player of the Year on Monday.

Despite the feats being recorded by the Nigerian forward, Rivellino is not convinced that the 24-year-old should be referred to as a champion

While Rivellino doesn't rate Osimhen highly, the same cannot be said of his former employer, Napoli, who consider him a very valuable player having played a pivotal role in ending their wait for the Scudetto last season.

You see what jealousy can do to someone?
He dey the idiot say no be him brother dem chose,anofia
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Ebymyk(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Rosario Rivellino is a racist... If Victor Osihem was white, he for no dey talk nonsense... Thunder fire am...
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by freemanq(m): 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
You must be mad because he is a black man
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by HighTable(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
Rivelino... That name sounds like he's a Brazilian... Brazilian like showmanship, something that has proven to be detrimental to many modern day footballers... I think showmanship will end with Ronaldo,
This days if you can't play with the team and score as a striker you will have problem.
Osimhen is more focused on scoring goals as it should be. He can even move through spaces better than haaland,
Haaland is another highly focused goal scorer.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by beardedboy(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi ronaldo
What da hell is rivellino ?
Corrected. You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Exceed15: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2023
To hell with revellino . with his dumb submission coming out of envy& bitterness.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Skooldeto(m): 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2023
bad belle
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by pfadom: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
What else would one expect from Rivellino if not Rivalry.

Please carry your bitterness and hate dump inside the latrine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Messi Ranked No.1 On FIFA 22 RATINGS / Salah Donates $3m To Rebuild Egyptian Hospital Blown By Terrorists [Photos] / Arsenal Fans Protest Against Kroenke, Club Owner Outside The Emirates Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.