Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. (30765 Views)

Analysis Of Coaches And Players Who Featured The Most In Champion League Finals / Nigeria Vs Brazil Friendly Could Be Called Off Over Visa Issues / Mourinho: Manchester United Lack "Technical Quality' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by NAC1666: 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
nairalandankrah:
Former Napoli midfielder Rosario Rivellino has explained why Victor Osimhen cannot be considered a champion despite his recent exploits.

The 24-year-old is considered to be one of the best players in world football at the moment as he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or and the Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year, which are the two biggest individual awards presently.

Back home in Africa, he is regarded as the best player on the continent at the moment having been crowned as the CAF Men's Player of the Year on Monday.

Despite the feats being recorded by the Nigerian forward, Rivellino is not convinced that the 24-year-old should be referred to as a champion

"He will also be able to score many goals, win not one but three Ballon d'Ors, but for me, he will never be a champion,"he explained to Tele A via Area Napoli.

"I don't think he has the technical means to deserve such an important definition.

"For me, very few footballers in the world can be considered champions and Victor Osimhen does not fall into that category"

While Rivellino doesn't rate Osimhen highly, the same cannot be said of his former employer, Napoli, who consider him a very valuable player having played a pivotal role in ending their wait for the Scudetto last season.

The Serie A defending champions have agreed on a deal in principle with the Nigerian forward which will extend the end of his contract from 2025 to 2026 and will make him one of the best-paid players in the club's history.

SOURCE: https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49798
Jealous wan kill this one

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Scream(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
Says someone thar won nothing
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by tuzle(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
So serie a is worth to be called c hampion abi.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by RealEzee(m): 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2023
grin dis one chase clout
I no go google him at all River niger ni

Osibobo the champ!
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by elpochas: 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
[quote author=dododawa1 post=127512422] go Abuja and ask.[
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by whippersnapper(m): 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
As long as he'll deliver goals like the tap-in Haaland scored Chelsea this season. I'm okay. that's all we need in the international scene as we head into the AFCON.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Shikena(m): 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2023
Too late Mr Hater grin

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by greypencils: 1:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
Aubameyang, Frederic Kanoute, Emmanuel Adebayor no do reach this when dey win APOTY. Make everybody rest abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by uniquetechng: 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
Blazebond:
Rivellino na legend nau and na Brazilian he be,na only skillful strikers them dey like o,strikers that can beat at least two defenders one on one nau,na this guys Dem hold midfield for Brazil during them pele era nau shebi.
The Rivellino that played for Napoli is an Italian, not the Brazilian that won the World Cup alongside Pele.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Usmanovic95(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
I expected Mr Ravellino to highlight qualities of a champion but he didn't make mention of a quality. He even predict he could win more than a balloon d Or but still won't be a champion. So the question should be what does osimhen need to do to be label as a champion?

2 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by saddler: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Promise47:
Sorry to say this but Victor should win champions league or World cup at list to be able to be called a champion that's the only way the Rivillon is kind of right let him win UCL or WC ehn then we can call him champion

You that is talking what have you won?

Aa if your opinion about him matters...

Wbo cares if you call him a champion or not?
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by JohnAOne: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2023
Blazebond:
Rivellino na legend nau and na Brazilian he be,na only skillful strikers them dey like o,strikers that can beat at least two defenders one on one nau,na this guys Dem hold midfield for Brazil during them pele era nau shebi.
This one is not the Brazilian Rivellino but this one na Italiano.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by favor914: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
nairalandankrah:
Former Napoli midfielder Rosario Rivellino has explained why Victor Osimhen cannot be considered a champion despite his recent exploits.

The 24-year-old is considered to be one of the best players in world football at the moment as he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or and the Best FIFA Men's Player of the Year, which are the two biggest individual awards presently.

Back home in Africa, he is regarded as the best player on the continent at the moment having been crowned as the CAF Men's Player of the Year on Monday.

Despite the feats being recorded by the Nigerian forward, Rivellino is not convinced that the 24-year-old should be referred to as a champion

"He will also be able to score many goals, win not one but three Ballon d'Ors, but for me, he will never be a champion,"he explained to Tele A via Area Napoli.

"I don't think he has the technical means to deserve such an important definition.

"For me, very few footballers in the world can be considered champions and Victor Osimhen does not fall into that category"

While Rivellino doesn't rate Osimhen highly, the same cannot be said of his former employer, Napoli, who consider him a very valuable player having played a pivotal role in ending their wait for the Scudetto last season.

The Serie A defending champions have agreed on a deal in principle with the Nigerian forward which will extend the end of his contract from 2025 to 2026 and will make him one of the best-paid players in the club's history.

SOURCE: https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49798
The Kid just got started, time & chance he may get there, next to Go the Africa Nations Cup, score 11 goals, & Nigeria lifts the trophy.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by frugal(m): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
That’s his opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Mosba: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
You may be right because if it was during Drogba, Jay Jay and Etoo era, no one will see him in top 3 but now he is African best and there's nothing you can do about that, so shove that reality off your ass

2 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by toxtimmy: 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
he has a point.... a champion but yet he cannot even help nigeria qualify for world cup or even nations cup.

Massiveglory:
Abeg who bi rivellino?
I sabi rivaldo
I sabi rivaldo
Who da hell is rivellino ?
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Rumundele(m): 1:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
To some.extend he is right, he is not skilful to a point of changing games.
But his present in a any match is a threat but can be caged otherwise we would have been in the world cup. A champion cannot be caged.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Baatunde(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
I wonder how useless post as like this one manages to get to the front... this is clearly the racist opinion of a nobody who just want to diminish the achievement of the poor guy!
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by jrusky(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ok Ravillino we have heard you but can I ask you a simple question?

You that have quality, skills and football genius capability why haven't you win your country or continent Best Footballer of the year?

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Artscollection: 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
Blazebond:

Tell him that football has changed, that is why the south american players are not that in high demand anymore, oyibo cum Europeaans have taken over football with technicality no be dribbing things again.
Haarlan, my french burger non get that time na back of d net ni!
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by enomakos(m): 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Blazebond:
not that rivellino
This one is Italian
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Gilgil: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2023
Abegiii. He is a champion!

Na our own hare! East, West, North , South, na we get Osimhen and one Oyibo cannot come and take away our championship!

In the words of Indaboski, “Who you? Where you from?

Osimhen is a world champion from Naija. Deal with it! Who be the Rosario sef?

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Usmanovic95(m): 1:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Rumundele:
To some.extend he is right, he is not skilful to a point of changing games.
But his present in a any match is a threat but can be caged otherwise we would have been in the world cup. A champion cannot be caged.

Any player can have an off day on pitch even great Messi and Ronaldo,but football is not an individual sport like tennis or boxing, so other players can play their part as well. If every player played in the level of osimhen in our return match against Ghana,we could have qualified for that world cup.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Polynek(m): 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
Not too far from the truth tho
Remove sentiment and examine his playing pattern.
But nevertheless He is a good player

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by LZAA: 1:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
First of this is not the Brazilian rivellino
It's the naples ex player
Funny enough the same people who do Messi v CR7 are the ones who are outraged by his statement 😄
The irony here is huge
Funny enough he is right
Italy always avoid media hype and acknowledge "top top" players
Many players have top scored in serie A and were not exactly legends i.e Trezeguet,Protti,Hubner

1 Like

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Tremple8v: 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Attention seeker
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by bentenny(m): 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2023
This will inspire oshimen to do more and shame his doubters!
I still remember the early days of VVD in Liverpool and there were debates whether he should be considered the best defender currently in the world and was even considered the modern day Rio Ferdinand!
But Rio played down the comparison and reminded everyone that VVD had won nothing hence cannot be compared to him!
That served as a motivation for VVD as he won every trophy available to shut the doubters including Rio!
Oshimen should use this criticism as a catalyst to propel himself to greater heights....I do believe he can get there and stay there for a long time!

2 Likes

Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Sirmwill: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
bentenny:
This will inspire oshimen to do more and shame his doubters!
I still remember the early days of VVD in Liverpool and there were debates whether he should be considered the best defender currently in the world and was even considered the modern day Rio Ferdinand!
But Rio played down the comparison and reminded everyone that VVD had won nothing hence cannot be compared to him!
That served as a motivation for VVD as he won every trophy available to shut the doubters including Rio!
Oshimen should use this criticism as a catalyst to propel himself to greater heights....I do believe he can get there and stay there for a long time!

Exactly
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Blankstare(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ravello has a point, our guy still lack that classical touch or ball drive of Harry Kane, mpape, Lewandowski, Messi, cr7 in his prime, Newmar or even halland.
Re: Rivellino: Osimhen Lacks The Technical Quality To Be Called A Champion. by Awise09(m): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jealousy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Players Celebrating After Qualifying For Final Of Champions League / Brazilian Football Match Abandoned: Nine Players Sent Off In A Mass Brawl / Leo Or Cristiano? Supercomputer Thinks Messi Is 'much Better' Than Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.