Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

What Can I Do About This - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can I Do About This (44200 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can I Do About This by kunle75(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
Stamina777:
Hello nairalanders, please I need your advice on this. I work in a bank as a cleaner and I go on errands for bankers in the bank. Am 24 year old and I only have my school start with me. I have an ambition to further my education though.

So their is this lady banker I like so much. I do go on errands for her. She is in her youthful age too but might be a little older than I do. I love her but I don't know how to tell her. I fear she might cast me if I tell her my intentions or I might lose my self respect.

Moreover, I always feel lonely because I rarely socialize. I go on errands because of the tips I make from it. Nobody gives me money for not doing anything. I feel less cared for but I care more about my loved ones even though I only give to them. I feel lonely all the time cry

Please what should I do

I have read through the comments section, am twice your age and will advise you to follow some good reasoning before you lose your job.
Re: What Can I Do About This by oneman2k7: 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
Op don watch Nollywood tire. D kind of insults u go received, u go pray make ground open swallow u

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About This by Gerrard59(m): 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2023
kkins25:

They are buying into the Disney world narrative of the beauty and the beast, or Ogre and Princess Fiona. E go shock them.

The moment a woman, naija woman for that matter, thinks her standard of living is better than yours, you're basically another human walking the planet. She has a lot of boundaries for such people that you dare not break. Somebody might want to say "Don't women marry poor men?" To that I respond, No. Poorer women marry poor men.

If you want to play the Beauty and the Beast game, you might be lucky in the West. Not here!

It's time men too for extremely successful men to start dating successful women. If you're earning 100k, you potential spouse should be at least 50k. But, Naija man, has a larger brain in between his legs.

Bros, it is everywhere. Women are the same everywhere.

About the bold, I think the narrative is changing. Working class men now strive to date working class women except they earn enough for her to be a sit-at-home wife. But humans being humans, women are hypergamous. It is everywhere. Even within the same industry, women gravitate towards the high earners.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do About This by TIJAY01: 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
I will advise you abort the plan except if you have noticed any green light from her towards you as well. If you shot your shot and it ends in no/rejection you will not have your peace working in that environment.
Secondly I think you should think more about building your self up at 24 instead of worrying yourself about dating somebody like your boss in the same work environment, it does not always end well.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About This by Ezyp(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2023
ikeno:
Hypocrites and two face people full this forum.
He can't have a relationship with her cause she's a bank and he's a cleaner? But, a male banker can have a relationship with a female cleaner abi.
Try being friends with her, you can also compliment her on so many things.

From your statement I can tell you have zero idea of how a woman thinks.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About This by Truvelisback(m): 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2023
outoftheworld:

Use your tongue count your teeth boy.
Are you not ashamed of yourself working as a cleaner in the bank?

I actually meant you should hustle and have a good source of income first.
I'm far older than you, that's why I'm advising you.
I learnt through experience, it's hard to get a nice girl to date you and remain faithful if you can't take care of her. Channel your energy and attention on standing up yourself first, girls can only weigh you down. Besides you can't keep a girl you can't take care of.
If you are doing well financially you can have any girl you want.
My friend go and sit down. Una go just come online dey show una self.
Re: What Can I Do About This by Lolachef(f): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ozuor wey suppose face him work dey find person wey get sense pass ham..

too much Bollywood.
Re: What Can I Do About This by Lolachef(f): 7:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ozuor dey find wetin go peme hamπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Can I Do About This by honeyB2018: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2023
Stamina777:
Hello nairalanders, please I need your advice on this. I work in a bank as a cleaner and I go on errands for bankers in the bank. Am 24 year old and I only have my school start with me. I have an ambition to further my education though.

So their is this lady banker I like so much. I do go on errands for her. She is in her youthful age too but might be a little older than I do. I love her but I don't know how to tell her. I fear she might cast me if I tell her my intentions or I might lose my self respect.

Moreover, I always feel lonely because I rarely socialize. I go on errands because of the tips I make from it. Nobody gives me money for not doing anything. I feel less cared for but I care more about my loved ones even though I only give to them. I feel lonely all the time cry

Please what should I do

I thought it was the other way round, following the caption.
My friend, why don't you hang your cloth, where you can handle your cloth effortlessly?
How much is your cleaner's salary?
I have spoken in parable. Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: What Can I Do About This by Judd007: 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
Normal level
Re: What Can I Do About This by Karnice600: 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2023
Stamina777:

Please what should I do

First, go to third mainland bridge, observe how welcoming it is for men who get disappointed with life for not sticking to their shoe sizes. Secondly, In case you get rejected, please leave sniper alone. It’s for rats and household pests.

More grease to your elbows
Re: What Can I Do About This by GiZcorp: 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2023
Mikespecialone:

This comment got me laughing πŸ˜‚ 😝 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Ah swear, I have been laughing ever since

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About This by ashawopikin(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2023
leave love, hustle and focus on how to further ypur studies, don't do the wrong thing at the right time
Re: What Can I Do About This by Melagros(m): 11:35pm On Dec 16, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
This is what happens when you watch those youtube Nollywood movies like "How A Poor Cleaner Captured D Heart Of Her Banker Boss". Try your luck. Na slap you go chop.
God bless you brother grin
Re: What Can I Do About This by Blitzking: 3:26am On Dec 17, 2023
Stamina777:

Please what should I do
If she is between 35to 45she fit reason you but less than that..she feels she still has a shot...at premium guys. Don't do it except u are ready to gamble with ur job...I remember my very first job as a fresh graduate was 300k monthly yet I was single and I didnt appreciate the job cos I felt it was taking away valuable time to do other things so I often resumed work 30 to 1 hr late was ready to loose the job cos I knew I would get another within a week..if u are ready to gamble go for it. But not wise.
Re: What Can I Do About This by TheFinesseKid: 3:56am On Dec 17, 2023
AfahaAbia:

You sound American! Are you Nigerian or?
on the surface.. beneath the surface, not so much. grin
Re: What Can I Do About This by Tunagee(m): 4:21am On Dec 17, 2023
outoftheworld:

Use your tongue count your teeth boy.
Are you not ashamed of yourself working as a cleaner in the bank?

I actually meant you should hustle and have a good source of income first.
I'm far older than you, that's why I'm advising you.
I learnt through experience, it's hard to get a nice girl to date you and remain faithful if you can't take care of her. Channel your energy and attention on standing up yourself first, girls can only weigh you down. Besides you can't keep a girl you can't take care of.
If you are doing well financially you can have any girl you want.

In otherwords, respect your sef. But what if the girl loves him too?
Re: What Can I Do About This by aremubabs: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2023
FinidiGeorge:

Bad guy... Dangerous hunter cheesy grin grin I salute o.

cheesy grin
Re: What Can I Do About This by aremubabs: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2023
SaintUlot:

I was following this your suspense filled story with keen interest, until you decided to wrap it up hurriedly. Abeg we need the detail story. It is very important.

cheesy
Re: What Can I Do About This by aremubabs: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

This is a great romantic story that ended well in happy ever after. You are fortunate, very fortunate. This is what we call open pure heart πŸ’–. Not arrogance, ego or pride.

But in your case you were older right? πŸ˜ƒ

But this op is younger than her and in lower class both in education and level career wise, he even admitted to have issues in his social life. πŸ€·πŸ™Š

Your case is far diff from his.

Indeed, I am three years older than her.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About This by Icezak(m): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2023
First concentrate on your job serve all equally; I mean continue to be neutral never lets any of her colleagues see you favouring her more than any of them, while you study her her very well, know her likes and hate, birthday, if she's already in a relationship (then your chance of getting her will be minimal),
up your game game understudy her job specification if you can and use it to discussion with her any day she mistakenly gives you more time than normal.

Good luck bro.
Re: What Can I Do About This by Boldideas: 12:48pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
is he not a human being? na una type they push youths into crime

For Christ sake he meant you're a cleaner, you're not yet balanced, you're running errands, you have only school start, and you're still contemplating falling in love with a babe whose gone through the four walls of the university... Is he not stupid?!

The bible says to all we men to develop our business before we even build a house, how much more getting married.

That man's advisory Is the best advice in the world.
Re: What Can I Do About This by Dshocker(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2023
Stamina777:

Please what should I do

Guy can't you see that you both aren't on the same level, for crying out loud, you are a cleaner

Bro forget it!!!
Re: What Can I Do About This by Dshocker(m): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Stamina777:

Please what should I do

Apart from sex, what else do you have to offer her?
Re: What Can I Do About This by Thazard(m): 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
This is what happens when you watch those youtube Nollywood movies like "How A Poor Cleaner Captured D Heart Of Her Banker Boss". Try your luck. Na slap you go chop.
gringringrin
Re: What Can I Do About This by Thazard(m): 2:36pm On Dec 21, 2023
illicit:
U wan toast d person wey dey send u errand?

U get mind o

What if she no gree?

She go use errand frustrate u
gringringrin
Re: What Can I Do About This by Comfort670: 4:10pm On Jan 01
Superpack589:

I use to work as a cleaner in a bank branch a few years ago. I resigned in 2021 after working there for 4 years. During my work there, I was the youngest person in the entire branch so everybody sends me on errands. Those 100, 50 naira change on top was what I was after because they help me alot. After buying the food for my colleagues, I would use their change to also buy for myself too. At a time it became too much as they almost turned my primary job into an errand boy. I had to fight and stop the errands and focus on my future.

At the time, I only had waec which I even failed. It was with that cleaning job that I was able to write Nabteb and then furthered my education. If a school is around you, it will be easier. After morning cleaning, you can just go to class and if nothing is going on in school, you can return to the office and it is important to also have somebody telling you what's going on in school. Before you know it, you will be done with school and have the result to apply for a better position in the bank if you wish to continue working there. You have to focus on your future.

Fast forward to the topic at hand. Most young guys who have worked as cleaners experience this, especially if you are the one running errands for everybody. The ladies especially will treat you very well, you will almost think they like you. Most of them just want to continue using you. And you may just be having that feeling because you feel she can help your life easily.

I think some can be genuine anyway but the challenge is that the gap is too much. Cleaner and banker. They will always look at you lesser except it is just genuine love and the lady loves you too. The chances of this ever working is very slim and the stress is just too much. Both of you will not be able to work in peace in the bank anymore. If she really really loves you, she will tell you to stop running errands for others and will also be commanding you sometimes because she is above you in the office and you will not be able to take this for long. The challenge is just too much.

There was a particular petite lady at the bank where I worked as a cleaner. This lady just liked me. I almost felt she wanted me to be screwing her. She would come to the cleaner's office where I use to sit down most of the time (if there's nothing to do) and just rest her head on my shoulder. My preek go just stand. She does not do this to any other person in the bank. She was so close to me and just like touching me every time. The connection was very visible that my fellow cleaners were even telling me to advance that she was giving me green light. I was just too scared and afraid of doing it abeg. In my own case, I believe I would have been able to nack this lady if I was a bad boy.

Even apart from that particular lady, there were plenty of others in the bank who were just too nice to me that I had feelings for. Many, fine fine girls o. But I'd rather go and stand outside and toast one customer or student (because the bank was close to a big polytechnic) than toast a staff.

The problem is that you are bored. It happened to me too. So after morning cleaning, I would just go upstairs and start pressing my phone.
I loved writing so much and so at a time, I started applying for writing jobs on this nairaland. When I got a job, I would use my free time to do it and that filled up the gap so I was no longer bored because it was like doing two jobs at the same time. I eventually resigned and started writing full time. Now I earn in a month what some of those my former colleagues earn in 6 - 7 months. No jokes.

For now, what you should be focused on is how to build yourself up and get yourself a better future. On the other hand, you will definitely leave there one day so if you want to have some adventures and be able to tell those funny stories later, you can try asking her out. The world will not end. Just do it casually and don't count on her saying yes. She might say no and you move on with your life. Whatever happens from there, you can face it. You are a strong man.

I wish you good luck bro.

And while some people struggle to build their selves and career, you rip them off. They work for you and you refuse to pay them.

https://www.nairaland.com/7954760/calling-out-nairalander-refused-pay#127722347

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy That Still Lives With His Family? / Together-Forever: This Pre-Wedding Photo's Concept Has People Talking / Nigerian Couple Recreates Barack And Michelle Obama's Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.