Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth (15512 Views)

Tinubu Should Sign Executive Order On Unexplained Wealth, Says Ndume / Corruption: Ndume Urges Buhari To Sign Unexplained Wealth Order Immediately / Saraki Listed In Cases Of Unexplained Wealth In The UK The Police Must Consider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Empedocles(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2023
KingKO22:
That will cripple IPOBidients and their drug money
Wow! That's what you got from the post?
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by itsene: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2023
Okay prepare and draft the proposal and send it to the national assembly.
Not just talk.
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by samwillyco1(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2023
Who will make such laws since they all have a questionable wealth
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2023
What of law against unexplained poverty ?

Ndi ara
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by TOMMYS: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2023
You mean law against unexplained wealth for southerners
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Bigseven(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2023
Foolishness. Why not seek laws against unexplained poverty ??
Just fooolish Legislation everywhere. We need laws like death sentences on corrupt politicians, rapist and manhood harvesters. Trash this
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by okamii(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2023
Why can't the idiots seek laws against unexplained poverty?
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by ufotunang: 11:34am On Dec 16, 2023
Cheapgadget:

By mistake
...... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by SKIBiNSKI(m): 11:56am On Dec 16, 2023
EFCC should begin with Tifnubu first.
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by khalids: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
ivandragon:
This is long over due and if abused, would help in the fight against corruption.

But to give it even more oomph, it should be linked to tax remittance. So, even if your wealth can somehow be explained (thieving politicians) do you pay the correct taxes?

You can't have assets worth billions of naira and be paying income tax of 60k per annum.

I can tell you for free....this law will only be used to harass everyday Nigerians...Police go stop you and carry go their office and waste your time under the guise of your need to show the source of any expensive thing in your possession...it will be used to fustrate you until you drop something.

If the politician is a member of the ruling party nobody go touch am....

We have enough laws to check all these things the problem is selective implementation or non implementation
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by stevolution5: 12:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
This isn't for the real thieves , the politicians, its for the forex, crypto, and techy guys, the youths, its only to make masses suffer more. God forbid we support it. They should continue stealing nd leave the masses alone
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Fizalis(m): 12:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Succint sir. Thanks for the closure, I learnt me a new thing today!
Tjra:

The developers of Lagos, India, Malaysia, South Africa and China. They know themselves.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Harddiskng(m): 12:29pm On Dec 16, 2023
Which one is unexplained wealth.

When the person was poor, who was willing to hear is explanation lol

Foolish people, this is what happens when you employ people that have no clue how to get the job done.
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by kayusely70(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
If the law is enacted it would curb corruption in Nigeria!
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by ycat: 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2023
Now watch criminals complain, they are all spending illegal money.

Thank you Adeyinka Grandson for bringing this idea a few years ago.
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by frog12: 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Ikinternational: 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2023
ivandragon:
This is long over due and if abused, would help in the fight against corruption.

But to give it even more oomph, it should be linked to tax remittance. So, even if your wealth can somehow be explained (thieving politicians) do you pay the correct taxes?

You can't have assets worth billions of naira and be paying income tax of 60k per annum.

You're a pure comedian
Is it not Nigeria again?

This law will be used against small boys and citizens without connections

But you're free to believe in a tooth ferry
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by ivandragon: 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ikinternational:

You're a pure comedian
Is it not Nigeria again?

This law will be used against small boys and citizens without connections

But you're free to believe in a tooth ferry

And you are an uncultured imp.

You may wish to continue to revel in the pit of corruption and go with the bandwagon that brainlessly support wrong simply because everyone is doing it.

Some of us chose to suggest and advocate ways things can be better.
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by ycat: 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
Smart actually! If you are making N100,000 but spending N300,000, you should be able to let the govt know where you get the rest of the N200,000 from. All the countries yall like to compare Nigeria with have this in place.

The poverty Nigeria faces right now is EXPLANABLE, it's due to the corrupt system of govt, lazy citizens who wait for govt to do everything for them. A country broke, damaged and due for a split. Lack of subsidy money in the last budget. Over dependent on foreign goods with nothing to support the dollar. Nigeria collapsed longtime ago, it just being held by the whiskers. The best thing now is to go back to regional govt which worked for us and leave the corrupt system behind.
Bigseven:
Foolishness. Why not seek laws against unexplained poverty ??
Just fooolish Legislation everywhere. We need laws like death sentences on corrupt politicians, rapist and manhood harvesters. Trash this

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Ikinternational: 1:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
ivandragon:

And you are an uncultured imp.

You may wish to continue to revel in the pit of corruption and go with the bandwagon that brainlessly support wrong simply because everyone is doing it.

Some of us chose to suggest and advocate ways things can be better.

Certainly.... they're listening
Enjoy your suggestion
Suggest more sef
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by ycat: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
If you can't explain your money and soon house&cars, it will be deemed drug money and seized. It happened to Jagaban himself and still happening to others till today.

5 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLfjD0YFmYk?si=yFziZq7U_QjaxUOL
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by nimsblings(m): 2:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Faposky95: 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2023
ivandragon:
This is long over due and if not abused, would help in the fight against corruption.

Which comes first: egg or chicken...?!
First give good exlanate before I get yu chance....?!
So my pig lay 10000 eggs wey witch buy for 50000000.....
I go carry the witch go their office to verify but he sale...?
With which receipt?!
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by ivandragon: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2023
Faposky95:

Which comes first: egg or chicken...?!
First give good exlanate before I get yu chance....?!
So my pig lay 10000 eggs wey witch buy for 50000000.....
I go carry the witch go their office to verify but he sale...?
With which receipt?!

Try to understand...

From my position, the matter is simple. Pay the correct tax on the 50m. And you have to keep records of all sales.
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by ivandragon: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Ikinternational:

Certainly.... they're listening
Enjoy your suggestion
Suggest more sef

Yes they are. We have been advocating for it for years, now they are trying to implement it. We only want it to be comprehensive.

Only those who wallow in corruption and embrace ill-gotten wealth are ganging up against it.
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by banku: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2023
Agreed. Probe Tinubu.

When you get pawa, please do. Right now he saw it as a right move to probe unexplained wealth. Especially from ostentatious Nigerians daring and jeering the poor to follow them.

SKIBiNSKI:
EFCC should begin with Tifnubu first.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by phemray(m): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2023
madridguy:
Let the change begins with him first and his boys. I can bet you, under him are many boys living above their means too.

Let him publish atleast 20 of his boys and their salary and let Nigerians do their auditing too. Let start from the house they are living, environment, cars they are driving, school their wards are attending to start with and let see if those his boys can justify all these with their salary.

Yes you are correct but not only his boys, everyone should explain the source of Thier wealth and he is requesting for law to be in place first so as to nail his boys or anyone found guilty. I worked under several boss directors and I can't just imagine what they make on weekly bases while the salaries are known. EFCc boys , police, customs, firs, all agencies are corrupt including private companies
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Kassidy90(m): 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2023
I don't know if to support them here or not because the way these guys dey oppress us with their unexplained wealth...ehnnn...but wait my own unexplained wealth too dey com ooo.....abeg EFCC should fk off
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by Ikinternational: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2023
ivandragon:

Yes they are. We have been advocating for it for years, now they are trying to implement it. We only want it to be comprehensive.

Only those who wallow in corruption and embrace ill-gotten wealth are ganging up against it.

Ok
Congrats
Re: EFCC Seeks Laws Against Unexplained Wealth by okorogodwin4(m): 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2023
Legislooters will. Never agree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu To Address Chatham House, Visit US And Other EU Countries In December / Garba Shehu To Yakasai: Buhari's Support For Bola Tinubu Is Unquestionable / Soludo Rescues Victims In Ghastly Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.