Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... (34107 Views)

See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by victorazy(m): 4:09pm On Dec 22, 2023
lovediehatelive:

Interesting.

Isn't it the same ingredients they use for other soups?

Or is there a specific ingredient for making "Ofe Nsala?

Special spices.
And it cleans your blood vessels therefore enables free flow of blood even to your boy!
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by bigdammyj: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2023
Na Ingredients dey inside.
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Morbeta11(m): 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Nsala soup and Eba....is an abomination.

NSALA SOUP AND POUNDED YAM....Happily married...😊😊

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by bro4u: 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Probz:

That would be telling. And I’m not going to, not this time: When it comes to stuff like this you’ve just got to put your faith in the people who cook it. Authentic nsala soup is not for the next Yoruba person to copy, try-as they might. Anyone who learns, wherever they’re from, can make a nice nsala soup (even if it’s just with chicken and not a catfish in sight) but there are certain hacks and niche ingredients that only Oguta/Aguleri-dem go-know about. But as far as general guidance goes it definitely never hurts to add okpei (dawadawa/iru-equivalent). Start with that if you’re not already adding it.

Maybe the Oguta, Awka and Asaba hacks will be spilled in time. You’re just going to have to watch that space.
Simple question they asked and you started acting mad

6 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by dvkot(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2023
mariahAngel:
Your boy might've responded due to some of the (aromatic) spices used in making the soup.
Spices are natural stimulant, and medicinal as well.

That soup, as simple as it is, is one the most nutritious and healthiest there is.
nsala is one of the most nutritious soup in where? Nsala on it's own is the most basic soup the savings grace is the meat In it. Egusi is way healthier than it.. talk more of afang

2 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by BitterTruth0001: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:
I love to try out new foods as long as it’s not made in Aba

Human beings wicked sha, make fake food and drinks to poison people so dey fit chop life.

All producers of fake foods and drinks, may you never see happiness in this life. May pain and horrible death be your portion

And worst of all, they make those fake foods and drinks with toxic chemical in the most filthy locations that exist on the map of Nigeria

Please guys, stay safe out there. Watch what you consume, some people want to become onye billionaires and don’t mind poisoning the entire country

Why don’t you make a thread about ewedu and oil ?
Also remember to show the broom you use in pounding gbegiri .
Ezi ohia

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by SharingIsLife(m): 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Hmmm... Learnt something. That's the only soup I'll be making for oga when I marry.

Nsala soup, Noted. grin
Good. You'll be making it for me. Learn it well oh, because you will take an exam on it to qualify for the wedding.
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by ottersberger(m): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2023
I'm told it's a Yoruba delicacy. Was I lied to?.

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by AcuraZDX: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

cheesy

I swear, i attended an Anglican ceremnoy in Awka(Under Archbishop Alex Ibezim) and this Ofe Nsala and Akpu was part of the menu thaat day.

I tasted it again for the fourth time and like the other three times, I stopped eating and asked to be giving domething else, One of the old women around promised to gift me some item if i try eat half of the meal and she was damn serious but omo, i no fit

I thinks its a great soup but make una calm the hype

Always full of hate. Anything Igbo hurts your heart. Try and find solace boy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by jubrilELsudan: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
AS E BE SO NA KUKUNASE JUICE NA HIM SHE USE COOKAM OOOOO

2 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by tfelicityk(m): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2023
Soup wey sweet na money kill am

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Silentgroper(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Hmmm... Learnt something. That's the only soup I'll be making for oga if I marry.

Nsala soup, Noted. grin

Fixed ...

At this stage, tbh, your chance are slim...

Just being realistic..

2 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by KosiGee(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Wasnt impressed with his taste and na Mama Ginika even cook am

I guess its just the popular saying that "One man food is another man's..."

Nonetheless, I guess Africans are blessed with delicious meals...they are always adding this to that inside water, pepper and oil

Of all the various Igbo or Nigerian soups, nsala soup is one soup I’ll never use to eat akpu, ji asulu asu, garri or any other type of swallow. It’s just not for me. Besides I don’t eat cat fish and most times, it’s used to cook it.

Like you said, ones man’s meat is another man’s….

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Silentgroper(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
dondave61:
Show us picture of your boy let's Check something first.
what manner of faggotery is this for Christ sakes
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by KosiGee(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Always full of hate. Anything Igbo hurts your heart. Try and find solace boy

This is not hate mister, some people just don’t like it. Bring onugbu, oha/ofe ora and I’ll gladly eat a bag of garri with them.

Not everyone likes nsala soup.

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Ubdavis(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
That soup doesn't go with Eba.. pounded yam or Fudu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by stasius: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
The soup can increase your libido oooh.
Sofri dey chop am.

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by DaTruths: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2023
Rebuker:

This mann!!! What about pounded yam?

That's vip, just that it's not always available cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by ThunderFireAgba: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

cheesy

I swear, i attended an Anglican ceremnoy in Awka(Under Archbishop Alex Ibezim) and this Ofe Nsala and Akpu was part of the menu thaat day.

I tasted it again for the fourth time and like the other three times, I stopped eating and asked to be giving domething else, One of the old women around promised to gift me some item if i try eat half of the meal and she was damn serious but omo, i no fit

I thinks its a great soup but make una calm the hype
Maybe it's because of the slight bitterness of the leaves but I think you will enjoy it if person wey sabi cook am use catfish, and local fowl (cock) 🐓prepare one for you.

2 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by jessylaurel(f): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
lovediehatelive:
Please help o...

Mama Nkechi wee not kee me o.

So yesterday I said let me try something different from her and I bought Ofe Nsala, which was a bit overpriced compared to others.

See as meat full inside!

As I began eating, it was so sweet that I couldn't wait for the next!

Finished it sharparly that I was tempted to go back to Mama Nkechi and ask for more, but I just hold myself.

Now, that isn't all o. I noticed my my waist began acting funny and dancing makosa!

My boy was jumping up and down for joy, and was rock hard, as if I should just...

It was a torture all through the night, and early morning when I woke up, my boy was still hard, standing tall, and I believe he didn't sleep, dancing makosa all through the night, thinking I'll arrange one or two for za oza room enjoyment.

The funny thing is that for some days now, my boy has been kinda sad and gloomy, and doesn't wake up so hard early morning like this.

Please o, what's the secret of this Ofe Nsala which they call white soup.

Google Images

Its because you only drink garri all the time so your body is reacting to something nice. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by mariahAngel(f): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
dvkot:
nsala is one of the most nutritious soup in where? Nsala on it's own is the most basic soup the savings grace is the meat In it.
Egusi is way healthier than it.. talk more of afang

No, it's not.
It's an immune booster due to the spices used in making it.
Plus, it requires no oil.

If you're convalescing, it's the perfect soup for you.

4 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by vannessa7(f): 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
Probz:

That would be telling. And I’m not going to, not this time: When it comes to stuff like this you’ve just got to put your faith in the people who cook it. Authentic nsala soup is not for the next Yoruba person to copy, try-as they might. Anyone who learns, wherever they’re from, can make a nice nsala soup (even if it’s just with chicken and not a catfish in sight) but there are certain hacks and niche ingredients that only Oguta/Aguleri-dem go-know about. But as far as general guidance goes it definitely never hurts to add okpei (dawadawa/iru-equivalent). Start with that if you’re not already adding it.

Maybe the Oguta, Awka and Asaba hacks will be spilled in time. You’re just going to have to watch that space.

You cannot do anything without Yoruba hatred in your consciousness, you lot started the tribal bashing on nairaland, what has Yoruba got to do with this thread for crying out loud, unfortunately many Yorubas are not as dedicated to the internet like you igbos, and when the Yorubas here on take you on now you and your people will shout but you always draw the first blood. Yorubas are not the reason for your problems, look elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Reality3080: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
Probz:

another kid on d lose
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Reality3080: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
MzErica:
And this crap made it to the frontpage. undecided
I tire ooo
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by sylve11: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
bro4u:

Simple question they asked and you started acting mad

😆 🤣 cool
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by CSTRR: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
Soup wey una suppose leave for east dey enjoy am codedly as a native soup, igbos carry am go every nook and cranny, dey commonize am.

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by OmoFiditi: 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
Omoawoke2:
I love to try out new foods as long as it’s not made in Aba

Human beings wicked sha, make fake food and drinks to poison people so dey fit chop life.

All producers of fake foods and drinks, may you never see happiness in this life. May pain and horrible death be your portion

And worst of all, they make those fake foods and drinks with toxic chemical in the most filthy locations that exist on the map of Nigeria

Please guys, stay safe out there. Watch what you consume, some people want to become onye billionaires and don’t mind poisoning the entire country

You are coward, afraid of openly spewing tribal hate, so you are going through the corners. grin

3 Likes

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Omoawoke2(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2023
OmoFiditi:

You are coward, afraid of openly spewing tribal hate, so you are going through the corners. grin

Una talk say nairaland is bigotry, yet I get banned with the slightest banter I throw here. I throw as many banters freely on twitter. But when nairaland went down, enemies were all attacking seun.
Hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by NFBI: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Hmmm... Learnt something. That's the only soup I'll be making for oga when I marry.

Nsala soup, Noted. grin
Today you are a male.. Tomorrow you identify as a female 🥴

Are you confused?

1 Like

Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Jewessgratitud3: 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
NFBI:
Today you are a male.. Tomorrow you identify as a female 🥴

Are you confused?

You and who identify as a male? Everyone here knows I'm a female and identify as one.

Na your brain dey confuse you.
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by NFBI: 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You and who identify as a male? Everyone here knows I'm a female and identify as one.

Na your brain dey confuse you.
I prayed so
Re: What's Inside Ofe-nsala? Please Help O! Too Sweet, And... by Talismann: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Nsala soup, Noted. grin
PLAY DEY JUST -SUN TZU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I And Friends Celebrated World Food Day! / Easter Peppered Chicken Recipe. / Photos: Nigerian Man Wins Spicy Food Challenge In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.