Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Why I Became An Atheist - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Became An Atheist (3069 Views)

Shiloh: I Became A Minister After Bishop Oyedepo Prayed For Me - Betta Edu / How I Became An Atheist. / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by budaatum: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2023
LordReed:

Chai, even you got tired?! But seriously it's no fun showing someone that they are wrong with ample evidence and them just ignoring all of that to cling to debunked nonsense. No fun at all.

My Lord and Wilgrea7 ignore the numerous readers who don't comment but learn from the discussion.

You do not seem to acknowledge the fact that the darkness of ignorance can not overcome the enlightment of knowledge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by SIRTee15: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
People should ignore this pseudo intelligent fake guy called jaephonix. He's had an overloaded ego of himself.
He doesn't even know what he believes in. I've concluded long time ago he's confused.
Ask him the definition of destiny and see him give an islamic definition.

Regarding knowledge, ask him which gender has the most population. U will wonder his source of information.

There's absolutely no contradiction in the bible. We had this debate long time ago. I stead of him to stick to topic he was busy throwing tantrums

As for miracles, someone should send him the link of pastor jerry Eze. He's free to investigate those testimonies since the identity and location of each testifier are revealed.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2023
budaatum:

My Lord and Wilgrea7 ignore the numerous readers who don't comment but learn from the discussion.

You do not seem to acknowledge the fact that the darkness of ignorance can not overcome the enlightment of knowledge.

To be honest my dear buda it is hard to ignore the loudmouths who always shout inanities no matter how many times you show them they are wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Lucifyre: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
LordReed:

To be honest my dear buda it is hard to ignore the loudmouths who always shout inanities no matter how many times you show them they are wrong.

Its also quite funny how they're quick to pile on insults and ad hominems while claiming to be "Christians" defending their bible and God. Makes me wonder aren't christains meant to be like christ again. I dont think christ used insults, he simply debated and argued his points to those Rabbi's and Pharisees. Proves the so called christains are just one sad unfunny joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by budaatum: 4:11am On Dec 30, 2023
LordReed:

While the focus may be on the the loudmouths, the quiet ones learn.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:36am On Dec 30, 2023
See deviils dey use style cover their loss for this thread. grin
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 6:33am On Dec 30, 2023
Nextt:

My brother in Christ, we are not called to insult unbelievers. Preach to them having the fear of God. Let your gentleness be known to all men. May the good Lord guide you as you consider these words.

And the bible also said rebuke them sharply.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 6:42am On Dec 30, 2023
Wilgrea7:
@jaephoenix

I've been following a couple of these threads for a while.

I can't help but salute your patience. One of the reasons I've lost motivation to post on here is because it's like talking to a brick wall.

Certain people here who I won't mention, are more interested in just saying something.. anything.

Even when proven blatantly wrong, they just run away from the thread only to repeat their debunked concepts somewhere else.

It's not easy dealing with these. I salute you

I have severally shown you how you were blatantly wrong and you ran away choosing only to reply those whose answers fall into the set piece that you know. Ain't you a statue like the people you accuse?
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 7:08am On Dec 30, 2023
Lucifyre:

Its also quite funny how they're quick to pile on insults and ad hominems while claiming to be "Christians" defending their bible and God. Makes me wonder aren't christains meant to be like christ again. I dont think christ used insults, he simply debated and argued his points to those Rabbi's and Pharisees. Proves the so called christains are just one sad unfunny joke.

No one directly insulted and ad hominemed Christ even before He Spoke.

Everyone first listened to what He Said then they responded by asking reasonable questions or they put forward their reasonable questions and He Responded to them. It was a simple and reasonable engagement.

But none of this takes place here. You evils have made this section as a war zone and a kill or be killed situation

And funny you support the insults of Christians and God and you even praise your brothers for doing so, but when we defend ourselves and fight back you complain.

Clear proof that you atheists are evil and unreasonable people with zero sense of Just is. (Anyway, we all understand that criminals will never like just is)
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Wilgrea7(m): 8:27am On Dec 30, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I have severally shown you how you were blatantly wrong and you ran away choosing only to reply those whose answers fall into the set piece that you know. Ain't you a statue like the people you accuse?

We've had several disagreements in the past.. most of which happen because you insist on shouting "change of post" or "off point" to anything that slightly deviates from your preconceived line of thinking.

But nonetheless, I have no desire to argue who was wrong and who was right.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Wilgrea7(m): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2023
Nextt:

Exactly my point. How did it come to be? Can the process be replicated? Why is the earth rotating on its axis and making a revolution round the sun which we call a year? A car moves and we know why but the planets also move and what fuels their movement? Why does earth support life but other planets don't? Is it a random occurrence or random selection? What made the sun, the earth, the stars? What governs their movement? Can you explain any of these?

Assuming for a second I can't... In what situation does it become appropriate to slap the label of "God" on these things?

You seem to be making an appeal to intelligent design.. or complexity.. or both. Nonetheless, i fail to see how God immediately becomes a suitable explanation for something simply because it is complex.. or because we can't explain it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2023
Wilgrea7:

@jaephoenix
I've been following a couple of these threads for a while. I can't help but salute your patience. One of the reasons I've lost motivation to post on here is because it's like talking to a brick wall. Certain people here who I won't mention, are more interested in just saying something.. anything. Even when proven blatantly wrong, they just run away from the thread only to repeat their debunked concepts somewhere else. It's not easy dealing with these. I salute you

The most difficult thing to do is convincing an adult who feels okay with what he's doing that he's wrong most especially when he has many doing the same with him.
The idea of a SUPREME BEING can't be swept under the carpet only for you to think you can change the mind of an adult like you to stop believing in something no matter what you say as long as you're not a PERFECT BEING with extraordinary/supernatural power your opinion will always remain what it is: your personal opinion! undecided
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Lucifyre: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

No one directly insulted and ad hominemed Christ even before He Spoke.

Everyone first listened to what He Said then they responded by asking reasonable questions or they put forward their reasonable questions and He Responded to them. It was a simple and reasonable engagement.

But none of this takes place here. You evils have made this section as a war zone and a kill or be killed situation

And funny you support the insults of Christians and God and you even praise your brothers for doing so, but when we defend ourselves and fight back you complain.

Clear proof that you atheists are evil and unreasonable people with zero sense of Just is. (Anyway, we all understand that criminals will never like just is)

Damn! This convoluted mess of a response obviously doesn't deserve a coherent reply since you lack basic comprehensive skills, which is quite sad. Imagine being this confident and obtuse to miss a simple point and jump on a needless tangent. Anyways the cognitive dissonance u just displayed shows u are clearly not someone with enough brain cells to be reasoned with. Hv a nice life!
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2023
Lucifyre:

Damn! This convoluted mess of a response obviously doesn't deserve a coherent reply since you lack basic comprehensive skills, which is quite sad. Imagine being this confident and obtuse to miss a simple point and jump on a needless tangent. Anyways the cognitive dissonance u just displayed shows u are clearly not someone with enough brain cells to be reasoned with. Hv a nice life!

Of course you must say this after you have absolutely nothing you could say since your bias and unreasonability is openly splastered here and I have pointed it out.

So you really had nothing to say but to insult in proof that atheists are evil people.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
budaatum:

While the focus may be on the the loudmouths, the quiet ones learn.

We shall persevere for their sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Nextt: 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2023
My intention participating in the thread discussion is not actually to engage in a back and forth argument with anyone. I did that in the hope I could help someone see the truth of the Word of God which does not fail. In truth, you can do nothing against the truth even if you discredit it on the basis of secular-style verification. I am not bothered about you not knowing the truth as each day brings you closer to it. I am bothered that when the day eventually arrives which is appointed for you (every man has their day) to stand face-to-face before the truth, and then all your science has melted away like some distant foggy memory it may be too late at that time. It is not my job to convince you. That is the exclusive reserve of the Holy Spirit who I pray He opens your eyes to the truth before it is too late.

@Jaephoenix (and by extension, Wilgrea7), I had hoped for a better time to respond to the questions you asked me but with this post of mine I have decided not to stretch this argument further.

@LordReed.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2023
Nextt:
My intention participating in the thread discussion is not actually to engage in a back and forth argument with anyone. I did that in the hope I could help someone see the truth of the Word of God which does not fail. In truth, you can do nothing against the truth even if you discredit it on the basis of secular-style verification. I am not bothered about you not knowing the truth as each day brings you closer to it. I am bothered that when the day eventually arrives which is appointed for you (every man has their day) to stand face-to-face before the truth, and then all your science has melted away like some distant foggy memory it may be too late at that time. It is not my job to convince you. That is the exclusive reserve of the Holy Spirit who I pray He opens your eyes to the truth before it is too late.

@Jaephoenix (and by extension, Wilgrea7), I had hoped for a better time to respond to the questions you asked me but with this post of mine I have decided not to stretch this argument further.

@LordReed.

You are not showing us truth, you are showing us your faulty methods of reasoning and intuitive leaps. Truth is truth only when it matches reality, not the fanciful speculations based on ancient texts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
Wilgrea7:

We've had several disagreements in the past.. most of which happen because you insist on shouting "change of post" or "off point" to anything that slightly deviates from your preconceived line of thinking.

That is the essence of the rules of arguments and debates There must be an end to debates or arguments as people can argue forever rendering the point of talking and arguing silly since no one can know who is right or wrong.

So the rules of argument ensure that all forms of distractive, deviative and irrelevant arguments are not made and if made, they must cut out and quashed, so that the Truth and the Right can be clearly and undisputably seen which is the point of arguing hence The Law, THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH!

Thus, everyone must make valid arguments to be Right and everyone knows when a foul or infraction is commitrd so it is not based on my thinking but based on the fact that every reasonable person knows that you cannot be arguing about cars and then a debater is trying to talk about bicycle.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is the essence of the rules of arguments and debates There must be an end to debates or arguments aa people can argie forever rendering the point of talking and arguing silly since no one can know who is right or wrong.

So the rules of argument ensure that all forms of distractive, deviative and irrelevant arguments are not made and if made, they must cut out and quashed, so that the Truth and the Right can be clearly and undisputably seen which is the point of arguing hence The Law, THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH!

Thus, everyone must make valid arguments to be Right and everyone knows when a foul or infraction is commitrd so it is not based on my thinking but based on the fact that every reasonable person knows that you cannot be arguing about cars and then a debater is trying to talk about bicycle.

Just like you always talking about cars when we are talking of human beings. LoLz.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2023
LordReed:

Just like you always talking about cars when we are talking of human beings. LoLz.

While standing right in the very middle of the point of the debate else you and your children would have come shouting off point and change of post. grin But you all got my point and you all saw I was in the point, so no road! cheesy; Hahahaha grin
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

While standing right in the very middle of the point of the debate else you and your children would have come shouting off point and change of post. grin But you all got my point and you all saw I was in the point, so no road! cheesy; Hahahaha grin

You like projecting your terrible behavior on to others. It is you who would always start shouting off point and change of post so once again you are castigating yourself. LoLz.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
LordReed:

You like projecting your terrible behavior on to others. It is you who would always start shouting off point and change of post so once again you are castigating yourself. LoLz.

See as devil twisty twisty don start as he dey pretend say e no hear wetin i talk. grin
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Thorrn(f): 9:28pm On Dec 31, 2023
@Wilgrea7

Wilgrea7:

The suggestion that another co-discussant is "shifting the goalposts" or talking "off point" in any forum of philosophical debate must be backed by adequate justification that appeals to the actual known rules of logical discourse, and not some made up, subjective "logic". Unfortunately, Dtruthspeaker chooses to make up HIS own rules of debate which veers off track from conventional logic. He has proven countlessly over the years that he is severely incompetent on the subject of known logical fallacies because not only does he fail to identify them when he uses one, but he also misapplies them when he attempts to call other people out. His approach towards Christian apologetics is often so haphazard and sloppy that any seasoned Christian debater who watches him in action will be wishing he shuts up to save their position from further regression and embarrassment 😂.

Your decision to ignore his hubris is entirely justified by his constant intellectual dishonesty. Although one might also consider the fact that there could be impressionable members of the audience who have a very sound conception of logic, but are not familiar with common areas of debate in theology and/or apologetics. That is usually my motivation for engaging in these back and forths -- to make these clowns look as stupid as possible, and use them to unwittingly expose the irrationality, plain dishonesty and dogma that often comes with religious belief. It is a fact that many atheists on this website, used to be hardcore Christians raging against atheists until they eventually realized how untenable there position was, and became atheists themselves. Apart from many other users I can mention here, you went through this same phase on this very website, so I know you understand my position a bit 😉.

I can totally relate to, and understand this decision.

======================================

@Dtruthspeaker

Dtruthspeaker:

That is the essence of the rules of arguments and debates.

What rules? The rules that everyone pays obeisance to, or the rules that you made up for yourself and personally subscribe to? Is it the rules that cater to your own personal tastes and bias(es), that you can change at your subjective whim if it no longer suits you?

There must be an end to debates or arguments

This assertion is not axiomatic. New information arises everyday, and they often have the potential to change the dimension of any debate. This is the very essence of scientific methods -- research and discovery of novel ideas to modify knowledge on already known facts.

as people can argue forever rendering the point of talking and arguing silly since no one can know who is right or wrong.

What is right today could be wrong tomorrow. Plus, in any debate, you cannot assert that something is right until you have sufficiently justified your reasons for believing it is. The primary purpose for debates is to promote critical thinking based on honest observations not bogged down by bias and prejudice.

So the rules of argument ensure that all forms of distractive, deviative and irrelevant arguments are not made.

It is one thing to know the rules, it is another to abide by it, or understand exactly where and when they must be observed. Crying "change of post!" when your opponents make important observations that reveal a clear flaw in your argument does nothing to achieve the purpose of debate -- which is to promote critical thinking. What any honest debate will do is acknowledge the flaw and give his reasons why it isn't a flaw, instead of pretending like the flaw doesn't exist.

The Law, THERE IS NO VALID ARGUMENT AGAINST THE TRUTH!

Truth is not established by mere assertion of a claim, or mindlessly repeating it, without acknowledging the obvious errors and inconsistencies that blemish it. Truth is established by providing rock solid arguments, backed up by undeniable evidence, that even opponents of your position will concede and agree with your facts.

Thus, everyone must make valid arguments to be Right

If you know this, then why do struggle so much to make valid arguments?

and everyone knows when a foul or infraction is commited

Well, everyone except you apparently.

so it is not based on my thinking

Oh, it is entirely based on your thinking. Lol.

but based on the fact that every reasonable person knows that you cannot be arguing about cars and then a debater is trying to talk about bicycle.

LordReed's perfect clapback will suffice here:
LordReed:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 9:04am On Jan 02
Thorrn:

@Wilgrea7....:

grin E pain am well well! grin this is obviously a rant of great pain Hahahahahaha grin grin
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:13am On Jan 02
Dtruthspeaker:

See as devil twisty twisty don start as he dey pretend say e no hear wetin i talk. grin

More like you don't consider the things you write since you are here castigating yourself. LoLz.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 10:39am On Jan 02
LordReed:

More like you don't consider the things you write since you are here castigating yourself. LoLz.

More like everybody dey see your twisty twisty and how you dey desperately try to cover am
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:54am On Jan 02
Dtruthspeaker:

More like everybody dey see your twisty twisty and how you dey desperately try to cover am

LoLz. You are talking about yourself once again.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 11:06am On Jan 02
LordReed:

LoLz. You are talking about yourself once again.

Says the magu magu
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 11:11am On Jan 02
Dtruthspeaker:

Says the magu magu

Is that you? LoLz!
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 11:18am On Jan 02
LordReed:

Is that you? LoLz!

As na you, by yourself take hand and mouth take learn to dey do wuru wuru amd magu magu you, na only you must chop am! So devil chop am jejely. grin Hehehehe grin
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by LordReed(m): 11:37am On Jan 02
Dtruthspeaker:

As na you, by yourself take hand and mouth take learn to dey do wuru wuru amd magu magu you, na only you must chop am! So devil chop am jejely. grin Hehehehe grin

Ahhh you mean you, thanks for clearing that up. LoLz.
Re: Why I Became An Atheist by badboyTee(m): 9:26pm On Apr 02
Onyiiobi7735:
Lol One thing in common with Nigeria Nairaland atheists is that they are always ranting like rabid animals,as if it would stop Christianity and Islam from existing.
Even atheists in the Western world don't behave and rant like animals like these entities on the forum.
Lol!
There are no atheists on NL.What exists here is frustrated, bitter cowardly, animals who couldn't face up to their fears, and insecurity, entities who are afraid of tackling the questions they have about religion like a reasonable,sane and mature individual.
Rather they lash out online like a demented crocodile, spewing trash which puts into question the state of mental health.
Lol!
Atheists enjoy yourselves.
You go rant tire.
It doesn't disprove God and the Bible.
Atheists/ animals, you all will pass on when the time, but God and the Bible will remain forever.
fuul

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

95% Nigerians Will Go To Hell- Fact / Lovely Testimonies...come And Experience Fruitfulness / Wicked God Or Powerless God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.