Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? (16213 Views)

Poll: Should You Tell Your Boss That You Are Looking For A New Job? / Would You Tell Your Spouse Of Salary Increase / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Hoily: 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
I'm a free spirited person and want to send something to my boss for Christmas. Is it appropriate to tell him to send me his account number let me send him something for Christmas even when I know he doesn't need it?

Just Incase you later frown agaist it and wanna bless a random person, I'm available here 🙏

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by brownbib(m): 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
It means you're the Boss.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by AbuAeesha: 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2023
Sounds childish...
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by abbasajao(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Election is over, lets move on man

Next time do not talk like tomorrow is in your hands.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by spencekat(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Oh.. I see.
Thanks for your input. A live turkey and two bottles of wine will be okay.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Johel(m): 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
I'm a free spirited person and want to send something to my boss for Christmas. Is it appropriate to tell him to send me his account number let me send him something for Christmas even when I know he doesn't need it?

Use your brain...buy him/her a gift instead.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2023
spencekat:
Thanks for your input. A live turkey and two bottles of wine will be okay.

Ok. You're welcome. Add my own join o. grin.

Enjoy.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by spencekat(m): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Ok. You're welcome. Add my own join o. grin.

Enjoy.
grin
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Ladymillion(f): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2023
Does it even sound right in your ears?
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Bitecoin: 9:36pm On Dec 16, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Buy a gift instead and send it via logistics for delivery to his address, people who already have money Appreciate gifts more

It begs the question, "how did you even get the job or get qualified for the job"

The mental process it took for you to think this is even a right question to ask your boss.

People in higher positions are thought to have everything so they do not need to be gifted anything, buy him something you know he needs in his day to day activities.

But some employees sha , send me your account" to your boss , it reeks crass
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by NaijaCover(m): 9:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

Have you sent anything to ÑaijaCover Before?
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by WorldRichest: 10:06pm On Dec 16, 2023
nedu666:
It's like unemployment and see finish is worrying you

is village people are putting fire under his yansh to throw him into the labour market, why you dey put your moutn? Shey you want make them come visit you ni?
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by anslemarinze52(m): 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
Absuchat:
There's nothing wrong with that....after all, jobberman will always come to your rescue when you get what you are looking for
Lol
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Lovemeharder(f): 10:12pm On Dec 16, 2023
That's too much tho.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by TheGift: 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

A lot may depend on your relationship with your Boss. But as a general rule, get them a gift that they would appreciate. But if you must give them money, do it in a classy way, that they can't refuse, e.g get their account from their PA or write a cheque and put it in a Seasons Greetings card, preferably in a hamper or accompanied with a bottle of their preferred wine.

Asking for an account number is condescending and rass.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by JustPowerApps(m): 10:19pm On Dec 16, 2023
Employee of the year, seh jeje (take it easy) kiss
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by jeromestarks: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Buy a gift instead and send it via logistics for delivery to his address, people who already have money Appreciate gifts more
How can one send gifts through logistics?
Any ideas?
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by IMPARTIAL: 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Very wrong! You no get respect?

Buy him a gift!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Deogratiasfx: 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Q

Two advice I have for him.
1. Let him take ur advice seriously
2. He should not forget no 1
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Bigchristo: 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
You and your boss who Dey pay each other? The best way to show appreciation is buying a gift that worth it he will appreciate it rather than sending him money? It’s kind of disrespectful being he is your boss
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by ViceGovernor: 12:00am On Dec 17, 2023
Here's my 0.02$ Op.

The book of proverbs tells us that he who gives money to the rich and he who takes from the poor both shall come to penury.

Give that man absolutely nothing he sees you as a slave.
If you need to do charity make it count, go to the street and dash a beggar don't pour your bucket of water into the ocean.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Ndipe(m): 12:11am On Dec 17, 2023
It's very disrespectful because it will appear as if you are telling your boss that you are richer than he is. To others, it may look as if you are trying to curry favor from him. Best is to use that money and buy food and donate it to any motherless home.

PrinceOfLagos:
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Theunbothered: 12:36am On Dec 17, 2023
Franzinni:
Tell him to send his aza instead ... So that he can know your prideful side and plan accordingly... Becasue nah idan dey push you, you wan stunt on your boss forgetting the 48 laws of power.

Be wise

Nigerians need to drop this useless pride, any small power we see ourselves like mini god. If someone's doing a kind gesture either accept or not, nothing too hard about it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by StemCellTherapi(m): 12:47am On Dec 17, 2023
Instead of you to ask him "Baba anything for Christmas"? grin

Or u say

"Oga anything to flex this harmattan"? grin

No use ur hand send away ur helpers o.

If it were me, that's what I will do to my boss.

But as I no get Boss now, wetin I go do? undecided
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by chinze(m): 1:27am On Dec 17, 2023
It is very wrong don't even buy him a gift I will advise you to send his Christmas text message only.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by InvertedHammer: 1:48am On Dec 17, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:

/
While most employees live and act like they don't earn enough around their boss, you want to start dashing money to your boss.

It is definitely village people at work.

/
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Desusi: 2:08am On Dec 17, 2023
The motive behind it is what matters. Why would you want to do that?
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by CooldipoMPS: 2:38am On Dec 17, 2023
buy him chicken or goat
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Blitzking: 2:40am On Dec 17, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Can only do it if I no send my boss...some employee carry pass oga o dem just dey disguise.
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by flippang: 3:22am On Dec 17, 2023
You chicken thats wrong, buy his family a chicken instead big head
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by Tzar(m): 3:45am On Dec 17, 2023
Na this your stupid ‘free spirit’ go send you back into the job market.
If your aim is to make your boss feel you have stolen enough money from the company, go ahead with your foolish plan.
Did you do a course in stupidity in school? So there are no motherless babies, widows, old people or real needy people that you can give that money to? Na your boss whom you claim doesn’t need the money your dvmb mind is telling you to give money?!

PrinceOfLagos:
Re: Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:27am On Dec 17, 2023
So,, you don't have another person to do Christmas for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Pros And Cons Of Becoming A Lawyer / How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / FG Develops Three Retirement Schemes For Federal Civil Servants (names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.