Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice (11188 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Access Bank Approves Paternity Leave For Male Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gadafii:
What business do you want to run and what’s your craft if you have any

And if your business yield reault where you are presently, you dint necessarily have to relocate to Lagos. You can come and spend few times and get used to the Lagos life and decide if that’s where you really wanna be, Lagos is a tough area, not meant for the Lilly liveried or one who can’t adapt to new environments quickly, otherwise dem go run you streets steady before your eyes go clear, you go di. Part with half of your money before your eyes go clear

So but since you don’t have any one In Lagos yet I advise you don’t be in a rush to move to Lagos my bro

Houses in Lagos are fucking expensive except in places like ikorodu which seems to be in the outskirts of Lagos

In the mainland and the island, house rent are killing and the spaces and the conditions are not even worth such huge rent paid

So if you have enough cash I would have advised you come to Lagos and lodge in a low budget or mid hotels for like a week and use the opportunity to grace around Lagos and have a glimpse of what goes on in Lagos, a week is not enough to learn the Lagos but that will give you a solid idea of Lagos, best of luck

I got up to 2M do you think I can be able to cope ? I don't want to go too high place though I intend to start from small no rush in life so what area I'm Lagos do you think this amount can serve and I will become something in a long run ?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Gadafii: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
Elstan20:

I got up to 2M do you think I can be able to cope ? I don't want to go too high place though I intend to start from small no rush in life so what area I'm Lagos do you think this amount can serve and I will become something in a long run ?
yiu still haven’t stated what business you intend to do in Lagos, but if you are certain you can be making average of 30-60 monthly, I will advise you go to ikorodu area, you can get a self contain there for 400, with agreement and commission, the use like 200-300to buy the basic things you need like mattress, cooking wares, and budget like 60 to buy food stuff, with 60k you can get a portable seconds hair fridge that will serve you well as time goes you can get other household items and furnish your room to taste

But stay away from ikorodu girls ooo, and avoid any confrontation with anyone, maybe weekends you can go the where boys play ball in the morning, and start mingling small small

All of these are advised if you are certain you are gonna have a moderate monthly revenue from your “business “

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2023
Gadafii:
yiu still haven’t stated what business you intend to do in Lagos, but if you are certain you can be making average of 30-60 monthly, I will advise you go to ikorodu area, you can get a self contain there for 400, with agreement and commission, the use like 200-300to buy the basic things you need like mattress, cooking wares, and budget like 60 to buy food stuff, with 60k you can get a portable seconds hair fridge that will serve you well as time goes you can get other household items and furnish your room to taste

But stay away from ikorodu girls ooo, and avoid any confrontation with anyone, maybe weekends you can go the where boys play ball in the morning, and start mingling small small

All of these are advised if you are certain you are gonna have a moderate monthly revenue from your “business “

I already said foodstuff business

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Oyindamolah: 5:29am On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

Are you willing to pay 800k per annum for a 3 bed room apartment with a store/shop in from of the house ?
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Are you willing to pay 800k per annum for a 3 bed room apartment with a store/shop in from of the house ?

Have sense in Jesus name Amen because you don't have one
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Lanre1st(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2023
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Decarbonisation: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?
2. I plan on selling foodstuff ?
3. Which area and market will be conducive for
me to start this business.

Please I really need your advice . Your opinion matters alot

Ebube nah wetin I go chop I dey find abeg.

I no get advice for you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by nedu666: 11:56am On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?

Japa
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Xkale1996(m): 11:56am On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

you well so

Scammers are here o
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Xkale1996(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

come to Kano state

You can still make it not only lag
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ojex004: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2023
thesicilian:
Easterners and Lagos

Our Lagos Na thr London/ amelica

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ghiloman28(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2023
Bring at least 1m. You rent house with 350k if you alone. The remain will sustain you till you make in it big in less than 1yr. Must important thing no let pressure keel you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2023
ShinjaWWest:
Lagos be like London to Igbo people...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest
Lagos is a no man's land,nobody cares about ekiti,ogun and osun the skull miners headquarters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Morenikeji090(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2023
You better travel down to imo state or Anambra because when u land for our place now you go join your ancestors saying running about Yoruba people..
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Blaze14k: 11:59am On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

People are looking to exit Lagos and u want to go there. Well I wish u the best

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Kwamecron(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
Stay were u dey ooh, make una no come here ooh,
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by 24SEVEN: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

If and when you eventually want to start your food business, consider Port harcourt. Food is sold at an exorbitant rate here.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ecomalchemistt(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2023
Na so
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by blaise26abj(m): 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:
I want to leave my current location due to circumstances which I can't control and moreover business here is very slow

And I want to deal on raw and not cooked food
Is that the business you have been doing since you left secondary school ? If yes , then it is better you go to lagos temporarily to survey the opportunities since you know the foodstuff market already . If not , better to go and do apprenticeship in the business under someone in lagos . In case the money is substantial , buy land and keep till you are ready .
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by simpleseyi: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2023
Despite our warnings to you all to stay in your cursed region. Come, we will show you pepper

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Skillsnigeria: 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2023
Hmmm
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by OfficialAPCNig: 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2023
Come to Lagos.

No fear.

A lot of your brothers are here, especially in Ikorodu. And they are making it.

Save the money in a deposit account, come to Ikorodu or go to Sagamu, learn food stuff business or phone accessories for three months.

Find a shop in a good location, if possible near Yoruba Abule (village). Set up your business and cash out.

Repatriate the money home and establish another business in Abakiliki.

Once you start making money, Yoruba ladies will start flockin around you. Avoid them. They are destroyers.

When you are ready to marry, head back to the East and marry a hard working lady.

Ebonyi ladies are hardworking so finding one won't be much of a problem.

Don't build a house in Yoruba land, if you must build, make ensure its within an areas Yoruba are living so that if the government decides to demolish the properties, it won't be only ours.

I entered Lagos with less than #5000 after paying for a night bus from Owerri.

Today, a lot of these Nairaland ronu terrorists can't lace my shoe.

Lagos is God's compensation to Ndi Igbo for the atrocities Yoruba ancestors did to Ndi Igbo during the war.

So come to Lagos.

Pursue, overtake, and recover without fail.

If you want to succeed in Lagos, don't join Yorubas and be doing cultism. Also, be careful. They can owe for Africa.

😂😂😂

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Bonaventura(m): 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2023
Meerahbel:
Dear Ebube,
It a good thing you want to start a business, but it obvious you barely have knowledge of this business.

The business has been in existence since BC and would continue be because people cannot do without food, irrespective of the economic conditions people must eat.

There are 2 branches of food business I am aware of
1. Raw food business (selling grains, rice, garti, beans, crayfish, egusi, frozen food etc)
2. Cooked food e.g Mama put or Buka as it called in local parlance

Which ever you decide, look for a mentor who's in the business in your current location, learn as much as you can before venturing into your own food business. It must not be Lagos, food business sell every where and any where.

All the best.

Dear Ebube

The quoted advice is the best anyone can give you on this platform.

You're Igbo and you very well the importance of learning trade under someone no matter how little the time.

Lock away the money you saved in the bank with an instruction, then go to International Market and look for someone to attach yourself for sometime, even if it's for six month so that you learn the basics, rudiments and tricks of the trade.
Even if you can't stay at your current locations for your own reasons, you can still stay within the city, there are places you can rent a room for 4k monthly.

You never can tell, you could end up staying in Ebonyi and selling the foodstuff.
Just like the man above me mentioned there's no part of the country that don't eat food so food market is in every part of the country.

Most importantly, pray for God's wisdom, mercy and direction.

Thank God you're not thinking of going into that evil called yahoo in the name of 'hustle'

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by OfficialAPCNig: 12:07pm On Dec 18, 2023
simpleseyi:
Despite our warnings to you all to stay in your cursed region. Come, we will show you pepper
Una go cry taya.

Lagos is Bini land and only Binis can ask us to leave

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Omodua(m): 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

Please. Please. Do not come to Lagos.

The economy is bad. Businesses crumbling because business climate is no longer conducive. Cost of living is high. Coupled with the fact the authorities no longer encourage migration of people into the city without visible means of livelihood.

But if you're bent on selling foodstuffs,

Mile 12 in Ketu

Idioro Mushin

Agege market

These locations are good for foodstuffs business.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by NovusHomo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

They keep coming grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Levels1(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2023
My concern is that has anyone told people from this region that if they don't relocate to Lagos they can't make fortune or what.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by OfficialAPCNig: 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
Komoscofield:
please it's not worth it going to Lagos at this time to start a food business when you can invest that amount on Rice farming or agriculture in your Ebony state and take the finished/Milled rice/agricultural produce to Lagos or other market for sale.
It's not worth what?

Money dey Lagos oga.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by OfficialAPCNig: 12:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
Levels1:
My concern is that has anyone told people from this region that if they don't relocate to Lagos they can't make fortune or what.
More tears please

😂😂😂
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Yugoslavia247(m): 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

Firstly, look for cheap accommodation.
Don't appear rich
Don't chase women
Decide if it is the island you want to starr or mainland
Roadside or shop
On island, start with Pako house. To survey and understand the terrain. Spend less then scout
On mainland you will see some houses cheap.
Fast and pray before coming.
Clear badluck.
Avoid social media and fake lives
Have a target but don't rush.
Don't put your mind on one business
Do business based on the location
See what people want and you might learn a trade or skill
You might find barbing as the money pot or something else or maybe electronics
You are a business man.
You sell what people want.
Frozen food might be the game changer
Don't limit your mind
Lagos is land of opportunities
Avoid drugs
Avoid people who take it
Don't be the spender
Avoid late night movement
Make friends with sane people
Believe in God
Avoid friends from your village and don't eye big things like Benz of 50 million. Depression due to los of patience
If you need to serve someone for few months to learn a trade do it
Don't post your life journey or social media for now. If na me don't post at All. Who you want to impress

Avoid gals
Avoid women except you get freely. Many lagos gals na money them want.
Avoid fine boy
Infact live simplest life.

Your time shall come

9 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by OfficialAPCNig: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
NovusHomo:

They keep coming grin
Expect more in January

One Nigeria amaka

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by GUNITGuy: 12:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
My brother leave Lagos ....Do your business in Ebonyi ...Have contacts with demands in Portharcourt Calabar or Kano ...... And do delivery...

Lagos get Wahala ...
If you insist on still moving just deliver to your customer and go or rent temporary shop only if Government no demolish it ...
This is my advice

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help On This Lacasera Promo / Great Business Opportunities: Abuja Technology Village / Pls How Do I Know If My NIN Has Been Activated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.