Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice (11209 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Access Bank Approves Paternity Leave For Male Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
steeltrust:
wen them de tell goat not to cross road em go say nothings de happen till motor jam am die

Ok oh

Stop been pained who God go bless go received

Like you pay even 100l as rent
I understand your frustration though but take life easy boy
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2023
Bassmetrics:
Hi Estan,

This is the business I do. Right now, I had to be on the business on-part time basis cos I got an offer for something else. So my boys runs the biz while I supervise. Currently, I have a shop I want to hand over to anyone already in the business. It has all the stuffs you need for the business, and have been used for the same biz for some years now. I'm only giving it out cos I cant run multiple shops now coupled with what am doing already.

But this is what you must know or my brotherly advise: You will spend at least a month or two to learn some things about the business while doing it. I mean you will act as a boy-boy with your own money. If you're serious with it, a month should be okay. You have to keep your money aside,humble yourself and get what you want( you need to learn how to measure, how to approach customers, how to buy goods, all the contacts of where to buy the goods cheaper etc).

At this starting stage, you must cut down your expenses. If need be, my guy the shop na where you go sleep o especially for shops in the street untill you level up. Ask any "omo ibo" as they are fondly called in Lagos. There are so many things I can't tell you here,but I'm willing to help you hoping your are a good guy and hustler. The journey no go easy o, but it will pay off at the end.

Let me also tell you that foodstuffs has gone up. So, you must have at least 400-500k(rent inclusive) for this journey. It depends on the scale u want to start. A bag of rice(small grain) now is around 53k, stone free nig rice is about 47k, a bag of oloyin is around 45k, bag of yellow garri about 20k and white na 26k etc....let me not talk too much, just send me DM if you are interested. Again, Feel free to ask me anything even if you're not interested, am willing to share my expertise with you free of charge.

And of course before I help you, I must ask you serious questions cos 9ja no good again, but I believe there are still some good guys & honest hustlers out there.

Humble beginning is the best of all
Please how can I contact you ?
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Lambasta: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2023
Your phone number

Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?
2. I plan on selling foodstuff ?
3. Which area and market will be conducive for
me to start this business.

Please I really need your advice . Your opinion matters alot
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ONEjoblessGUY: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

Coming from a fool who whose username is termed onejoblessguy

Go get a life bro and keep off ❌ from been a tribal bigot poor kid

See the stupid idiat......I supported so he get the maximum advice I seek.........

U never cum to Lagos u dis bitter........oga seat yo ass down for kogi........u can never make it in Lagos.......I repeat u can never make it here!! knuckleheaded bimbo.........
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lambasta:
Your phone number

+234 9016816616
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Expanse2020(m): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2023
See how some people turn it to regions issue
Shame on the flat head and yam leg
Baby come to your London jàre..
Japan from that shit hole and come to your forefather London you go make am
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:

See the stupid idiat......I supported so he get the maximum advice I seek.........

U never cum to Lagos u dis bitter........oga seat yo ass down for kogi........u can never make it in Lagos.......I repeat u can never make it here!! knuckleheaded bimbo.........

Because I refused to becoming a tribal bigot like you are abi?

You must be stupid
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2023
Expanse2020:
See how some people turn it to regions issue
Shame on the flat head and yam leg
Baby come to your London jàre..
Japan from that shit hole and come to your forefather London you go make am

I will think about it nwanam 🍷
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by NSK4U(m): 3:31pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

All you said are lies I didn't remember telling you I want to go to a high market place I will go to where my money can start something
Not all places in Lagos has thier shop rent ranging from 400k na lie and not all houses in Lagos has their rent ranging from 150k too so stop with the unnecessary hype man .

I am still trying to imagine the kind of money that I will be making in Lagos that I can't make elsewhere which will be a reason to think relocating to Lagos. Wtf is in Lagos?

Well; if your mind is made up on going to Lagos as you sound, why are you still asking for advice?
You truly need to be cleared of the change you have before listening to people with experience on Lagos matter, Lagos my foot!
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ONEjoblessGUY: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

Because I refused to becoming a tribal bigot like you are abi?

You must be stupid
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by tollyboy5(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

All you said are lies I didn't remember telling you I want to go to a high market place I will go to where my money can start something
Not all places in Lagos has thier shop rent ranging from 400k na lie and not all houses in Lagos has their rent ranging from 150k too so stop with the unnecessary hype man .
You suppose get bloda 4 lagos wey you go wan stay with na bros. But you can come to ojo alaba area of lagos. Alot of igbos live in this area.
You can start with self con or one room depending on your choice na.
There are self con of 150k in shibiri, ilogbo, imude etc. Food stuff business is gold here and alot of people are buying and selling it. You cant rent shop by the road side and start your business or rent shop in a busy street.
Infact our tenant are from ebonyi state, their sons are hair dressers in Festac while the father is olokada.

All the best omo iya, god bless yah hustle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by membranus: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

Please don't listen to many of them giving you stupid advice here. Many of them are teenagers or school boys and girls who have never been to Lagos, or saw with their naked the various opportunities available there for you to start small and end up big.

Especially for Igbo people who have innate business acumen, the sky is your limit there to make it big. Many of their rich uncles, building big mansions there came to Lagos with Ghana-must-go bags, and end up massively rich within 10 or less years.

If it is your ambition, contact someone to assist in looking for low cost accommodation and shop between Mowe and Berger. After getting one, then relocate and start your raw food business there in a low key form, so that you can learn through experience, and then expand your business when you gain enough expertise in the business.

Lagos has the population to sustain your business type because man must wack, and there is less risk there of losing your money if you transact mostly through a bank account. And don't forget to look for a good spiritual church to go there, where you can get divine assistance. Before you know it you too will be rich.

So please start the process of relocating there now.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Dikastan: 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

But are you into business at onitsha too ?
I have shop in Main market
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by sonnie10: 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
Bassmetrics:
Hi Estan,

This is the business I do. Right now, I had to be on the business on-part time basis cos I got an offer for something else. So my boys runs the biz while I supervise. Currently, I have a shop I want to hand over to anyone already in the business. It has all the stuffs you need for the business, and have been used for the same biz for some years now. I'm only giving it out cos I cant run multiple shops now coupled with what am doing already.

But this is what you must know or my brotherly advise: You will spend at least a month or two to learn some things about the business while doing it. I mean you will act as a boy-boy with your own money. If you're serious with it, a month should be okay. You have to keep your money aside,humble yourself and get what you want( you need to learn how to measure, how to approach customers, how to buy goods, all the contacts of where to buy the goods cheaper etc).

At this starting stage, you must cut down your expenses. If need be, my guy the shop na where you go sleep o especially for shops in the street untill you level up. Ask any "omo ibo" as they are fondly called in Lagos. There are so many things I can't tell you here,but I'm willing to help you hoping your are a good guy and hustler. The journey no go easy o, but it will pay off at the end.

Let me also tell you that foodstuffs has gone up. So, you must have at least 400-500k(rent inclusive) for this journey. It depends on the scale u want to start. A bag of rice(small grain) now is around 53k, stone free nig rice is about 47k, a bag of oloyin is around 45k, bag of yellow garri about 20k and white na 26k etc....let me not talk too much, just send me DM if you are interested. Again, Feel free to ask me anything even if you're not interested, am willing to share my expertise with you free of charge.

And of course before I help you, I must ask you serious questions cos 9ja no good again, but I believe there are still some good guys & honest hustlers out there.
You are correct.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Chicagograduate(m): 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
Different agencies of goverment will troop into your new store to demand one levies or the other.If you dont have they will lock your store.Agbero go also display their madness.Before you know it your business go crash.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Segzy19: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lagos na ibo land..
Arindin!

OfficialAPCNig:

Na your papa get Lagos?

Is Lagos Yoruba land?

Dey play

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Streetdoctor: 4:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
YourKarma:

Very nonsense set of people. Everything Lagos lagos, as if people selling foodstuff in other states no dey sell market. And na wetin dey give yorubas mouth to dey talk anyhow about us
I don't just understand dis notion. Life does not start and end in Lagos, we hv life outside dis Lagos.
Right now, people igbos are planning to relocate their businesses down to d east and Asaba. Lagos dun cast tey tey, I only hv few years to leave dis city, my tentacles are spreading speedily BTW PH, Asaba, Aba and Owerri

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by deji17: 4:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lagos again? Abeg Lagos is tired of carrying all the Nigeria problem especially by those who do not respect our traditions and takes our hospitality for granted. Please stay in your jungle, elect good leaders for brighter future.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Timigeofrey(m): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2023
Think elsewhere, not Lagos.

It's good you want to change environment..but think other western State or east to start a business that fit..

If you come to Lagos, you'd have to learn a regrettable lesson first before you start over cos you can't go back..

Wo sha don't go to Lagos..
There's Ondo, ibada..
Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by purejustice36: 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2023
If you’re a genuine person I think I can at least assist you with accommodation for just 3 months till you get your own place
and also connect you with your fellow Ebonyi people here who are into the same business and doing well for themselves
At least it’s safer to interact with your fellow language men
I need nothing from you , I’m just someone who hates stories that touch , so if you’re interested I have my conditions
1. You must be a neat person
2. You must not be a local person, I mean someone who lacks fashion sense
3. You must smell nice

Don’t judge me, I’m very big on neatness
If you don’t have a problem with none of it then , follow me on IG @Kelly_Dreyton my acct is on private just follow let’s talk more.

P.S- I need no dime from you.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Sholaco: 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2023
Stay in your state 😞...
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by roundman: 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2023
Don't listen to anyone saying you should invest in rice farming,do have any knowledge as per Rice farming? Come to Lagos if you want to, nobody is chasing you away when you mind your business and do your business...so where are the best places for such business?go somewhere like ikorodu look for places just coming and do your feasibility studies if it's ok you move ahead... I have a lot of your folks in my area doing such business and they are doing well, but in all of this never part with your money,be guided.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by iguita: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2023
Certainly, I am not serious. Go ahead and blow the very first money you have ever laid your hands on.

Before you hit this ‘jackpot’, we’re you not feeding?

Nairaland is still going to be open for you to come beg for funds.

Elstan20:

2yrs you say lol you are not serious
So who will be feeding me for the two year you are not serious ( no be nwaboy I wan do oooo)
Sometime you folks just spill out trash

Think before you talk next time
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Bassmetrics: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

Humble beginning is the best of all
Please how can I contact you ?

Check your WhatsApp DM
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ShangTsung000: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

IYOO...

Go play 2.76 odds. You gon be rich,niqqa!

ONYE ANWULU!
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by yankison(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2023
YourKarma:

Why Lagos? It's people like you who make these people insult Igbos anyhow. People sell foodstuff in the east and they're making cool cash. My supplier who provides me with chippings is from Ebonyi and he's living in Owerri and he has already built and rented out an apartment in Ebonyi. I don't understand this LAgos Lagos nonsense all the time. Come to owerri, rent an apartment and get store and sell your foodstuff, you'll make your money

No worry .by the time girls and social life help am finish the money in few months for Lagos him eye go.clear ..North is the best place to move food stuffs and deliver to people ..stay where cost of living is considerate .. Ur 2m for Lagos Na 200k ..it go finish as u be jjc

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ShangTsung000: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
1x2x3:

You don't need any of those. Here is my advise which won't cost you much.

Forget about going to Lagos. Stay where you are if it would help you keep expense at the barest minimum. If you are not computer literate then go and register and learn all the basics, this won't cost you more than 20k.

Afterwards, go and learn a digital skill then get a laptop and venture into freelancing.

All your expenses won't be more than 300-400K.

DON'T MOVE ANYWHERE WITHOUT A SOLID ROADMAP.

IYOO...

Funnily enough,someone last used this amount to play 2 odds and later committed suicide. This guy should be careful of friends now. Sone will come with different ways of investing the money at his own peril.

ONYE ANWULU!!
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by roundman: 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
membranus:

Please don't listen to many of them giving you stupid advice here. Many of them are teenagers or school boys and girls who have never been to Lagos, or saw with their naked the various opportunities available there for you to start small and end up big.

Especially for Igbo people who have innate business acumen, the sky is your limit there to make it big. Many of their rich uncles, building big mansions there came to Lagos with Ghana-must-go bags, and end up massively rich within 10 or less years.

If it is your ambition, contact someone to assist in looking for low cost accommodation and shop between Mowe and Berger. After getting one, then relocate and start your raw food business there in a low key form, so that you can learn through experience, and then expand your business when you gain enough expertise in the business.

Lagos has the population to sustain your business type because man must wack, and there is less risk there of losing your money if you transact mostly through a bank account. And don't forget to look for a good spiritual church to go there, where you can get divine assistance. Before you know it you too will be rich.

So please start the process of relocating there now.
you see this here, this person just gave you a million naira advice for free, like i told you look a very cheap like ikorodu outskirts,alot of Ebonyi guys in my neighborhood doing very well, some have built house's around me here,the sky is wide enough for all bird's to fly...if you need further assistance dm....

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by chimdifamous(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2023
Dikastan:
Come to Onitsha and do the business,Lagos is over hyped. We have markets and the population here in Onitsha to give you bumper sale. Lagos will frustrate you with endless demolition of markets and tribalistic discrimination. In case you later decided to go to Lagos,never you invest one Kobo there. Don't ever buy land there even if they are selling it five naira. Do your business and think home. If you want to come to Onitsha,I will assist you without collecting Kobo from you.

Hello Dikastan, though I am not the person that posted this but I have a similar issue with him,you can chat me on WhatsApp at 07033481513 or you can drop your number so I can chat you up or call you
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by seunodediranivy: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2023
who do you think you are deceiving Ebube? Your million can't deceive me.

Ebube is a lier, he is already in Lagos.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Elstan20: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2023
seunodediranivy:

who do you think you are deceiving Ebube? Your million can't deceive me.

Ebube is a lier, he is already in Lagos.

Funny guy please I'm not in Lagos yet
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Johel(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

Lagos is not new york, all your money might finish in Lagos if not utilised properly, Lagos is shitty and very expensive even in the slum.
Abuja would be better for you in my opinion..
In Lagos, they will steal, stress and extort you in one way or the other...but first, which business you wan do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DEAL: Get The Perfect Niched Nigerian Instagram Accounts For Your Business / Elliot Waves And Harmonic Pattern Strategic Trading (re-loaded) / Fraud: Lagos Businessman Sues UBA For N38 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.