Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice (11210 Views)

Dangote Plans London Trading Firm For Lagos Refinery / Shoprite To Leave Nigeria After 15 Years - News24 / Access Bank Approves Paternity Leave For Male Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by OfficialAPCNig: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
Omodua:
Please. Please. Do not come to Lagos.

The economy is bad. Businesses crumbling because business climate is no longer conducive. Cost of living is high. Coupled with the fact the authorities no longer encourage migration of people into the city without visible means of livelihood.

After the elections, the Bond of brotherhood is no longer there. Especially if you're of southeast extraction.

Depending on business you want to do, I suggest PH or Onitsha or Aba would be most suitable.

Good luck
Story

Igbo traders are cashing out in Lagos.

He should come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by FODA(m): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?
2. I plan on selling foodstuff ?
3. Which area and market will be conducive for
me to start this business.

Please I really need your advice . Your opinion matters alot
you are going to sango otta bot Lagos bro,if your story is real,your abakaliki pple are so many around selling fufu,you should get in contact with them to put u through,chukwu gozi ege
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Cajal(m): 12:15pm On Dec 18, 2023
Good

Kindly keep your savings
Discuss how you can get someone in Lagos who is involved in the business of your interest with your trustworthy friends

Learn the act from such an individual
This may also afford you to make some savings

After mastering the act,
Establish your own
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by OfficialAPCNig: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

I got up to 2M do you think I can be able to cope ? I don't want to go too high place though I intend to start from small no rush in life so what area I'm Lagos do you think this amount can serve and I will become something in a long run ?
Ikorodu.

A lot of your brothers are here and they are doing well.

If you count 100 richest people (not politicians) in Ikorodu, Ebonyi people will occupy over 70.

That's how successful they are in Ikorodu.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Levels1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

More tears please

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I understand tears will be yours this year and coming one Amen. But I was only wondering hence my question
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by fecozy365: 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2023
I'll advice you leave money out of this first, go to lagos and learn the trade for like a month or two before you can think of involving money. i have a friend that is into foodstuffs in ibeju lekki, he's even from ebonyi state. i can introduce you to him for you to ask any question about the foodstuffs business and if you can learn under him.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Father4all: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:
Hi guys my name is Ebube I finished secondary school 7year ago ever since then I have been working and saving money so I can be able to start up a business of my own currently I stay in kogi all my life but I'm from Ebonyi state .

So recently my uncle sold the family land and gave me part so currently is have some reasonable naira and I plan to leave for Lagos soon but I have little issues on how to go about. So I have nobody to help or lead me in Lagos I'm just going there on my own to start a business so my question.

1.How do I go about it ?

. Abeg don't come ooo. It's over populated alfeady
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by integrity16(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
Please stay in the east and develop it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by YourKarma: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

Why Lagos? It's people like you who make these people insult Igbos anyhow. People sell foodstuff in the east and they're making cool cash. My supplier who provides me with chippings is from Ebonyi and he's living in Owerri and he has already built and rented out an apartment in Ebonyi. I don't understand this LAgos Lagos nonsense all the time. Come to owerri, rent an apartment and get store and sell your foodstuff, you'll make your money

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Omodua(m): 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

More tears please

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What makes you a more Lagosian than the person who wants to relocate and do business in the city?

Continue hating while the people you're hating keep progressing!
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2023
thesicilian:
Easterners and Lagos
That's their Canada and USA

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by civilserva: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2023
Stay here in the East. You can buy agricultural produce from Abakaliki and resell in any eastern states. There is no town food business is not lucrative when you site your shop where people are. I have lived in Lagos many years due to my work, I can tell you some of our Igbo business men in Lagos struggle everyday to make a living. Many in the East are doing far better than them in their respective business. Let us stop this migration. You can make it in the east.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by richeeyo(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:
Nairaland is just full of frustrated citizens sha I won't blame any of you . Keep your advice coming please
They advise you truthfully on nairaland but in a foolish way, don't take it for granted
Accommodation and shop would kill you before you even start

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by RepoMan007: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

currently, Nigerians spend around 60% of earnings on food. Food is the largest sector in the economy.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by YourKarma: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2023
Kaido:
Why Lagos dey sweet my people like this? cheesy

Move raw foodstuffs from North to East or the riverine areas

Very nonsense set of people. Everything Lagos lagos, as if people selling foodstuff in other states no dey sell market. And na wetin dey give yorubas mouth to dey talk anyhow about us

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by ipasco: 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2023
PLS DONT COME TO LAGOS.
Develop Abakalike also.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Faposky95: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2023
My advice....pay a travel consultant.
If you make am, you no go remember who give you the best advice
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by tafabaloo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2023
To go and continue dragging sho get land, abi ?
Lols....Pray and let God leads your way...
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Geeflow(m): 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2023
No need entering Lagos as it's already overpopulated, Stay at Mowe and do your food business. Mowe is just 20mins drive to Lagos.

I know many of your people here who are into the same business and I can link you up easily with them.

Food business can't really do well in kogi state as the population there are farmers producing foods for their selfs, I know this coz am from kogi state.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Segzy19: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2023
When we tell them that their people can't make it without stepping into southwest they will start barking like a rabid dog...
You see, this one now about to fulfil one of his life ambitions which is to run down to Lagos...

Ebube or whatever you call yourself, my first advice to you is to stay back and develop your Ebonyi state.
However, if you still remain adamant to come, you are free to do so but on some conditions:
1. Do not commit crime in Lagos
2. Do not constitute nuisance in Lagos
3. Respect your host state and tribe
4. Don't ever have that mindset or join them to say your people developed Lagos or that Lagos is a no-man's land
5. Pay your tax

You see, once you meet these 5 conditions, you will prosper and reap the fruits of your labour...

Lagos welcomes all
Yoruba land is blessed ....😁😁😁😁

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by SonOfDSoil01: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2023
thesicilian:
Easterners and Lagos
grin Abi oo, after now the will asking for freedom, with words like’ let ibos leave’ yet one Okoro somewhere is sad yeast is planning to escape that jungle to Ragos grin I pity anyone taking this dolt seriously about their deluded Biafra grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by fitinwell: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

Wait have you considered Shop Rent in Lagos...

It is not for the fainted heart ooo

Ask around
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Lovemeharder(f): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lagos is not for everyone but shoot your shot.
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by NovusHomo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

Expect more in January

One Nigeria amaka

Oh, well. All developers are welcome, long as they don't claim the land, and long as they don't build on canals and waterways. By the way, what the heck is "amaka"?
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by VEHINTOLAR: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2023
Lol,the demons of Alaigbo are already chasing away this one too ! We said it,Igbo can't do without Yorubaland. As long as you're coming to do legit business and shun crimes,Yoruba land is open for business. Ours is a land of opportunities unlike the tiny cursed land of primitive cannibals you all are running away from ! Chinedu, you're welcome but know that we will have our eyes fixed on you. If you go out of lane or misbehave,you'll be sent to where one "Igwe of Ajao Estate'" currently resides - Kirikiri maximum Prison where you'll join him in eating sandy beans !
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Mosba: 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
Why is it that certain well known people always view Lagos like an hungry dog is viewing bone?
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by orumba(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2023
New business new location. Is No No
Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by Tzar(m): 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2023
Don’t come to Lagos. There are other cities around the country that you can do business and succeed too. Lagos is overpopulated and the chances that a person like you who isn’t Lagos smart will be scammed is very high!

Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by phemray(m): 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2023
Elstan20:
I want to leave my current location due to circumstances which I can't control and moreover business here is very slow

And I want to deal on raw and not cooked food

Anyway you are welcome to Lagos, the land of opportunity, possibility and excellence built by the gr8 pa Awolowo and Tinubu for people to succeed. Remember Lagos is for the tribe with gr8 mind and highly accommodating. I believed you are coming to Lagos and not SE because it's sure you will excell n build your own house and a good car in good time with maximum comfort. Now after, don't join we built Lagos crew because they forgot they came in with polypags from SE make money to go and develop Thier states. In all research a good legit business, get yourself accommodation and hit the ground running. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by DCmaverick(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2023
brother! u should knw wat to do

Elstan20:

1.How do I go about it ?

Re: I Want To Leave For Lagos Soon I Need Advice by honorik(m): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
come to obajana in kogi state and start up that same foodstuff business you will thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Elliot Waves And Harmonic Pattern Strategic Trading (re-loaded) / Fraud: Lagos Businessman Sues UBA For N38 Million / Sanusi: It's Illegal To Collect Dollar For Services Rendered In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.